Seismic

Powerful enablement for your sales and marketing teams

Seismic Reviews

Pros

Features and ease of use able to send clients good information at my fingertips. Great great product here.

Matthew W.

The onboarding team has been amazing throughout our journey and we're very happy with the investment we've made - we're set see an amazing return.

Jarod G.

I think the best part of this software was the user interface. I felt that it was super easy to navigate and find exactly what I was looking for.

Bryson N.

Cons

The lack of integration with Salesforce is frustrating, particularly for measuring ROI.

Briana M.

Clients are so weary downloading links within an email, some customers believe this to be spam.

Breea H.

Lindsey H.

Impactful Enablement & Content Management System

Transcript

Jackie R.: Hi, I'm Jackie, I'm a field enablement manager working in the BI and analytics industry, and...

Seismic for Sales

Pros

Seismic offers an unparalleled mobile experience, content engagement analytics and information security

Cons

Currently there is no way to measure mobile app downloads across their user base. The mobile app is one of our favorite features of Seismic. Our company has field reps across the globe who are going into customer locations for meetings and presentations. The functionality of mobile aligns perfectly with the daily life of our sellers and we want to use mobile as a "beachhead" to drive higher adoption of Seismic. The problem is that we have no way of knowing today who has downloaded the app and who has not. Therefore, we cannot hold our sellers accountable for missing push notifications and cannot identify regions with low adoption. Seismic mobile is a fantastic tool, but lacks the insight necessary to drive usage.

Sales Enablement Made Easy

We have had an overall great experience with Seismic. We have bi-weekly calls with our customer success manager who helps us understand different features and answer any questions.

Pros

Seismic makes it easy for B2B Sales employees to review internal and external content for buyers, during all stages of the buying/selling process. Seismic is able to store documents, videos, create pages, and target many business units at once.

Cons

If there was one thing I could change about Seismic it would be the ability to better track usage and logins. This would make it so we could drive adoption to business units that do not use the tool.

A fantastic tool for empowering the organization with shared resources and improve accessibility

Pros

SEISMIC is incredibly simple to use. It is very easy to navigate. Simple search terms can be used when looking for different resources. The platform can be integrated into existing portals. It has been invaluable in empowering not only the sales team but developers and other members of the IT team within the organization. The tool is as effective as the information that is uploaded. However, once managed properly, it makes tracking changes and following up on new developments such an easy task.

Cons

If I am being honest, I really have never had any real issue with using the platform as it has improved over time. Searching is easy, results are well organized. Initially navigating between the results, accessing documents and going back to the results may not have been very seamless. However, all that has now significantly approved. Again I will say the tool is as powerful as what is uploaded, categorized and made sharable.

Friendly, Helpful Staff; Ultimately Not the Right Tool For Our Business Use Case

We're a small proposals team that is part of a larger sales operations team. We use Seismic to general product-specific proposals for our salespeople to present to customers as part of our larger response to customer RFPs. My understanding is that there is much more functionality available in Seismic, but all we need it for is proposal generation.

Pros

The Seismic staff we worked with were always friendly and helpful.

Cons

It has been very difficult for us to edit/update the LiveDoc content, and being able to do that is essential to our work. Seismic is in the process of finding a solution for us, but they haven't delivered one yet.

Seismic Makes Work Easier

Seismic allows me to collaborate with partners so much easier. Now that we're all virtual with the pandemic, this is so important and Seismic really delivered! I also love how I can keep myself organized with the use of the WorkBooks in Seismic.

Pros

I love the search feature. My company pushes out a lot of great content and collateral to share with prospects and I can search a key word and everything that relates to that will generate. You can also filter internal/external documents, which makes it so easy to know that I'm in compliance with company policy

Cons

I love the data that comes with the Live Send feature but I would love to see some improvements with how it looks in the email when you send the collateral to a client/prospect.

Personal customer success is the difference

I have used Seismic at my last company and brought the platform to my current company. The customer success is the differentiation. In my experience the CSM team is kind, knowledgeable, supportive and the ultimate partners to their customers. They go above and beyond to ensure their customers are happy and successful.

Pros

I love Seismic! It is easy to implement, continuously update and use daily.

Cons

Some limitations on newscenter, landing page, integrations, highlight, etc. Team is open for feedback and continuously adds things to the roadmap.

Lynne, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this great review! We are thrilled you are getting so much value out of our platform. We are constantly working to improve our product for our customers, so your feedback will always be valuable to us. Looking forward to partnering with you throughout 2020 and beyond! Best, The Seismic Team

Seismic allows our sales team to make more informed decisions by understanding customer behavior

We we're using another sales enablement tool previously, but Seismic has really been a game changer for the way our sales reps engage with our practitioners. The LiveSend and ability to utilize analytics helps us understand which content is most valuable, and what content is most engaging for our practitioners to close more sales. In turn, this visibility gives us more insight for marketing when developing our sales collateral to ensure alignment between science, marketing, and sales on product messaging. In addition, the Seismic support team has been awesome, they are readily accessible and able to handle all of our technical concerns. I'd highly recommend Seismic if you're looking to take your sales force to the next level.

Pros

Seismic has awesome reporting for us to see what is working or not working. I also love the LiveSend feature which enables our sales reps to have a stronger understanding of our doctor's behaviors, not to mention drives sales. The software is easy to use, and allows our marketing team to learn which product literature is most effective and impactful. This tool strengthens the alignment between sales and marketing.

Cons

We've been running into some uploading issues, and experience minor bugs here and there. Usually software updates resolve most of these, but we run into these issues periodically.

Using Seismic helped streamline our Marketing Repository

My experience with Seismic from start to finish has been great. When we began the process in 2017 it was a bit challenging, but with the new Content Manager and new operating system changes it is much more user friendly and very intuitive. I cannot say enough good things about it now.

Pros

I love Seismic! Seismic DocCenter helped us streamline our companies Marketing repository so that the whole company, many brands and levels of access could access the content that was relevant to them. I also love WorkSpace for storage and collaboration & we're beginning to innovate with all of the LiveDoc functionality.

Cons

We need more levels of access. An easy way to assign an Admin, and levels below that to help manage content.

Great Sales Enablement and CMS Platform

We needed the ability to incorporate a workflow process for our content creation team and personalize content at the account level without forcing users to individually re-create each sales piece.

Pros

We anticipate getting a lot of use out of the "LiveDoc" capabilities for our ABM efforts in the coming years. We also anticipate that Seismic will eventually replace Microsoft OneDrive entirely as our document repository and Sharepoint as our corporate intranet.

Cons

It would be nice if content could be displayed and/or shared externally. Seismic's entire pricing model is predicated on each consumer of content not specifically sent something through the system itself having a license.

Excellent product!

Great classes available and forward thinking company.

Pros

Easy to organize materials for the team! With one search, everything you want to see on that topic is available.

Cons

Time consuming and labor intensive for Administrators to load and organize materials.

Christel, thanks for sharing your feedback with us and the community. It's great to hear that you are seeing the value in our content management functionality. Ensuring a positive customer experience is extremely important to us, so your feedback is invaluable. Looking forward to partnering with you in 2020 and beyond!

Achieve brand and firm cohesion with Seismic

Seismic has helped bring sales and marketing together with our operations and data teams to ensure clients are receiving timely and accurate materials. The integration with our CRM allows Sales to stay in their comfort zone while leveraging a new tool. The platform is constantly improving, offering new functionality and becoming more user friendly. The support staff is helpful and the training materials are very accessible and easily consumable. Seismic is a true partner and worth checking out.

Pros

Seismic provides an easily accessible repository for all of our most recent marketing materials. Particularly while our teams have been working remotely, WorkSpace has been a great collaborative tool for our marketing team during production. And when Sales asked if the materials on the shared drive were available in the cloud, it felt great to answer affirmatively that they could find everything they need in DocCenter or NewCenter in Seismic.

Cons

It would be great if it was easier to publish collateral from WorkSpace to DocCenter, but it's really just a few extra steps to make that happen. The product offers so much functionality it can be overwhelming to determine the right place to start, but the customer success reps are very accessible and helpful in offering insight.

Cathryn, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying Seismic as a collaborative tool, especially within your remote teams. Ensuring a positive customer experience is critical to us, and we're glad to hear that our hard work is paying off. Looking forward to partnering with you throughout 2020 and beyond!

Impactful Enablement & Content Management System

With Seismic, are reps now have access to the latest materials to stay on-brand and on-message, get fast answers to their questions and a single source of truth across the company for the "blessed" version of close to 1,000 assets we maintain.

Pros

Seismic has become our one stop shop for all of our customer-facing teams to access the content, sales tools, and company news they need. It's easy to upload, organize, maintain and send out new content, with lots of functionality that makes the lives of our sales teams easier like customizable decks and documents. The design, user interface and analytics are the some of the things we like most along with some of the best customer service we've seen across any software company.

Cons

Integration with Google Suite can be improved (mostly around Google Slides + customized presentations within Seismic) but overall hasn't impacted us much.

Jackie, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review! We are happy to hear that you are seeing such great value in our content management functionality. Your feedback is imperative as we continue to improve our platform to meet customer needs. Looking forward to partnering with you in 2020 and beyond!

Seismic for a new Outside Seller

Overall Seismic has allowed me to more readily consume internal facing content and share external content more effectively. It enables greater insight into how my customers interact with what I'm sharing.

Pros

The feature that differentiates Seismic from other internal document databases is the "LiveSend" function. You're able to track usage by time and section of documents that you send to your customers. This helps to refine and focus your sales messaging and check whether your materials are actually being used. Very helpful as an outside seller.

Cons

The search engine can sometimes be finicky and make it difficult to find what you're looking for. My internal Sales Enablement organization has been internally organizing the documents which makes it quite a bit easier.

Great Automation and workforce platform

Overall Seismic is a great platform that concentrates on the end-user sales experience, as well as the back end support experience. It geared to help move your company forward.

Pros

What I like about Seismic is that it is a multi-functional platform that can be an all-in-one for tool for some companies.

Cons

What I liked the least is that in the beginning it takes a minute to learn the platform and how to become fully comfortable with it.

Seismic Day to Day usage

certainly satisfied with Seismic as a platform partner we use here at the company.

Pros

Being able to store all of our documentation in one location is essential. able to see which is latest files uploaded. as well as being able to see their usage across the company. another key feature we use is LiveSend and LiveInsights being able to track important documentation we send along to customers and track their open rates and time spent.

Cons

there are no items that come to mind, the purpose functionality works and the ease of use is high.

Seismic- Use it Everyday

It is a great concept that every business should have. A one stop shop for everything you need to do your job!

Pros

Currently it is integrated with our Salesforce application and works smoothly through there or as a standalone. I use this everyday for my own reference as well as finding materials for clients. There are features that allow you to see when the documents were last uploaded to ensure you have an updated version as well as see if certain information is confidential. It has helped me grow in my current role and is my go to for everything product related! I describe it as the internet for my company, it has everything I need in one place.

Cons

The search feature is difficult at times and doesn't always bring up the most relevant information that I am looking for. Occasionally documents that others can access; I cannot access.

Great tool but get help implementing the tool!

Pros

Generally easy to use once you get the hang of it, great community for support, ability to suggest new features, great CSM.

Cons

Google integration is not the best, lots of little quirks and glitches as they pertain to Google. (Eg. can only connect 1 google account to sync files unless you're on TeamDrive which our org is not - check your integrations with an AE before purchasing), backend is not always intuitive - get assistant with the initial setup. Search doesn't index over a certain sized file and many of our files exceed the limit making the search less effective.

Challenging, hours of manual labor, features/functionality lacked robustness.

The ability to place our content into a shareable and searchable portal allowing our users to retrieve data any time, any place on any device.

Pros

The ability to create dynamic folders to pull content in from multiple sources automatically. I love the Community feature, to research discussions, product news, training videos, and post new ideas. The Analytics feature is AWESOME! The capability to LiveSend content and track when the recipient opened the content, how long spent on each page and if they forwarded the content to another recipient is priceless!

Cons

The amount of issues that we have endured over the URLs not being able to be populated into Seismic until April of 2018. The RFP functionality is not a feature within Seismic, but rather a custom build. We were introduced during the decision making phase, of the RFP capabilities and what it could do for our company. Here we are just shy of a year, and we are still not using, nor will we likely use what was built as a workaround solution. It is just easier for our users to create on their laptops and share directly with their peers and house a copy within the repository.

Seismic Instrumental as a Single Source of Truth

The Inspirage Marketing team implemented Seismic primarily to house our case studies. We were dealing with a large amount of single case study slides that had to be individually updated and maintained. When we stumbled across this platform, we were very excited. Being able to maintain a single data source for all of our case studies that was easy to update was a game changer. We ended up creating a...

Pros

The Marketing team loves how easy Seismic is to use and updates. We love having a single source of truth for all our Marketing materials and we love being able to easily update our LiveDocs with one single data source.

Cons

Honestly, our team really loves this product. We're sad that there isn't an Oracle Sales Cloud (our CRM) integration into Seismic although we've heard that it is in the works. We see the new SalesForce integrations and get quite jealous.

The Sales Enablement Gold Standard

We have been using Seismic for 5+ years and have seen the platform evolve and innovate the entire time. The platform enables us to automate data updates and enable the sales team to achieve their goals. Our experience has been very positive.

Pros

User friendly, sleek interface that could be at home in a consumer products company. Superior customer service with attentive customer success personnel that want to help you succeed. Automation has saved us countless hours of work.

Cons

Would love it was easier to make major data changes.

Leeor, thanks so much for leaving us this amazing review! Ensuring a positive customer experience is critical to us, and we're glad to hear that our hard work is paying off. Looking forward to partnering with you throughout 2020 and beyond!

Constantly evolving the product!

Overall, our company is very happy with Seismic. Where we see weaknesses, our Customer Success team has been able to identify solutions within the platform. When possible, they'll set up demos or put us in touch with a team who can help implement.

Pros

Our experience with the Customer Success team has been like no other - they are attentive, proactive, and positive. We are constantly hearing about improvements they are making to the platform and how those changes would directly impact our business.

Cons

Based on the way the platform was initially integrated into our company, we are finding it hard to make an overhaul to the sellers' view. Since the algorithms take tagging and content properties into account, it's much harder to reorganize the folder hierarchy.

Seismic took enablement in our organization to the next level

Pros

Seismic makes content governance and organization extremely easy with intuitive controls to ensure the entire organization is aligned. Seismic is flexible enough to conform to existing processes in the organization, such as approval chains and asset owners but also adds to traditional enablement management with features like content tracking, insights, predictive content, custom asset creation, and more.

Cons

LiveDoc creation and editing is not compatible with MacOS.

Seismic Software Gets Green Light

Pros

The ability to conduct LiveSends of assets directly from within Seismic and not having to download and then include as an attachment in Outlook or other email product. The bonus of being able to track what a recipient views and how long they looked at the content or if they forwarded to someone else is a game changer. This gives Sales and Success a one-up on knowing what a recipient is interested in. The ability to create LiveDocs.

Cons

The product does not have the ability to house RFP questions and answers in a database format. We needed the ability for a Sales rep to pull together a quick RFP using a LiveDoc RFP Template to pick and choose what Q&A's they wanted to pull in by product. It does not accommodate. Also, having to maintain an Excel document of hundreds of Q&A's and upload weekly, is less than desirable and clunky.

Centralized Go To for Sales People

Pros

Seismic is a one-stop shop for all of my collateral, training materials, internal resources. It's very user friendly and easy to share information with teammates.

Cons

At this point, I can't think of anything. I was unhappy that I coudln't easily access favorites or recently view docs, but they have made a recent update that has solved that problem.

We Love Seismic

Overall we have been able to save our sales people time by having a one stop shop for any data or assets they need. The sales force loves the mobile app because they can share information while they're in the field and on the go.

Pros

Easy to use and great resource for housing all sales content in one place

Cons

Difficult to customize articles because of the limited widgets available.