All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Domo

Connecting people with the data they need to drive business

Domo Reviews

Pros

The visualizations are amazing. This paired with the ability to see them on your phone in real time make this a really powerful tool to communicate with non data folk.

Read the full review
So, its amazing that we have a software that can track our safety and all the other data that we keep track.

Christopher D. K.

Read the full review
This thing is fantastic! imports information from my other programs to generate reports with ease and at a moments notice. Allows me to accurately monitor multiple aspects of my efforts.

Melissa B.

William Y.

Read the full review
My overall experience has been frustrating. Customer service always replies initially, but never again after that.

Beau K.

Read the full review
Basic functionality was confusing. As an example, why did you need to go to another screen to sort columns.

Read the full review

The things Domo can do are just astounding

We can see analytics we could never see before. We can understand our business in a way we never could before. We honestly don't know what we'd do without Domo at this point. It's fantastic.

Pros

We were originally looking for dashboard software. Something like Geckoboard, but we wanted something more advanced. We were using multiple tools, and wanted to collect data from them. We then found Domo. Within days we had integrated our CRM database, Website Analytics, Invoicing database, and Order Processing database. This let us take a look at EVERYTHING. And I mean everything. Things like: What's the average time between receiving a lead and the rep calling them the first time? What's the average time between a customer ordering, and reordering? How many calls have my reps made today? (Updated every 15 minutes!) What landing pages on my website are receiving the most looks? How are my google analytic campaigns translating into converted customers?

Cons

It's pricey, but worth it. The biggest thing was the last update they had screwed up some of my reports, and we're still trying to figure out what happened.

Business Intelligence at the

Pros

Domo enables as to give a live 360 degree view on our business and makes data accessible and visible to everyone in the company. It’s not just about visualization of KPIs and other data. You can take the data and turn it into actionable steps. Furthermore, the existing integrations that are available makes it easy to have all our data available in Domo and combine them. You can still see the start-up mentality and the new features and the speed that they deliver new features and product improvements is amazing. For us Domo is so much more than just about data - we have it part of our product development process and have a lot of operational processes built on data transformations that we built in Domo.

Cons

DOMO is very costly compared to other BI tools, especially when you want to have separate user accounts for each user and do not share accounts among users. Other than that Domo worked already most of the cons that I had in the beginning.

Domo is easy to use but...

Domo is easy to use, and as a user experience the information provided is accurate; The interface is easy to understand since the first time and the data is uncomplicated to read.

Pros

-Domo is allowed to export the information in the grids and graphics into an Excel document, whereby is completely useful. -Domo gives you an extract of the information, and if you need to add filters, you perfectly can click on the expand option and add it. -The data is easy to understand and analyze. -The interface is friendly.

Cons

-Sometimes, Domo doesn´t charge properly, and you need to refresh the site multiple times. -Often, you need to wait a couple of minutes until the site shows you the information. Also, it is necessary to try a couple of times until the site allows you to log in.

There are MUCH better options

I have personal experience with several of Domo's competitors as an analytics consultant. None of the Storage/ETL/BI use cases I can think of would I put domo in my top 3 options. I have found it to be subpar in data warehousing, query editing, and data visualization which from what I can tell is the majority of its functionalities.

Pros

This product provides a web-based hub for your data and visuals that centralizes where your team focuses to interact with their data. The ETL tools provide an easy to use low/no code interface to build simple queries.

Cons

Where Domo has removed complication (I assume to ease the use) they have dramatically limited this software capabilities in comparison to competitors. limitations include: - No ability to build visuals based on multiple tables - No ability to build filtering capabilities across tables - No ability to build relational models with existing tables - All "scripting" capabilities are glitchy and limited...

Most user friendly visualization software on the market

Domo has provided us the ability to integrate data from multiple systems and business units allowing us make more informed decisions. Our client rep is very responsive and always available to help. The Dojo community forum, user groups and annual Domopalooza are all great resources that allow customers to network and share ideas.

Pros

This software is extremely flexible and user friendly. Our users can access data from their phones or anywhere with an internet connection. Users can easily navigate charts and tables. Visualizations are easy to create with drag and drop function. Data from multiple data sources can be easily combined. Built in connectors allow for easy connections to major data sources.

Cons

The standard contract is reasonable but many features and apps are an expensive add-on. Any customization or support not related to performance of standard features is not included with contract.

a good product with the worst customer support

Good product with lots of promise let down by the worse customer support I've ever experienced.

Pros

Once you get your head around it, the interface is powerful and intuitive although the learning curve is steep. Good visualisations.

Cons

Domo could not care less about their customers. If you engage with them you will get a hard sell that promises you the world, including a good few blatant lies, but as soon as you sign that contract they wash their hands of you. Most of the connectors that we tried to work with were barely demos - totally unfit for purpose - so unless you have a team of SQL coders to build everything by hand, or are prepared to pay Domo's extortionate professional services fees (which you'll need to book weeks in advance), you should avoid this product as they won't help you.

Customer Service and Implementation Terrible but Great Product

Customer Service and Implementation Terrible but Great Product.

Pros

The product itself is great. It is easy to pick up and runs quickly and smoothly. We were able to implement it ourselves with a team of two in around 6 months and it has been extremely impactful on our business.

Cons

The customer service, implementation process has been a nightmare. We went through two different consultants for implementation and don't use anything that they built for us. We would of been better off doing it all by ourselves. Customer service doesn't get you anywhere unless you call in and escalate every ticket. We got a new account rep (our first one was great) and he never even introduced himself and to this day we don't even have a phone number to contact him.

Good Product but Pricey

While it is a great program for taking data from multiple sources and making useful charts, the cost can be extremely prohibitive. In order for lots of employees to see these charts, they require logins which just keeps the cost going up higher and higher.

Pros

Reports are beautiful and can be customized in endless ways. Data integrations are numerous and allow companies to bring in data from a wide variety of sources. Data can be combined when otherwise impossible allowing for third party platform data to become more useful and provide further insights.

Cons

Pricing. Domo is very expensive compared to other platforms. Many similar software is out there now and is often times free or much smaller in cost. Domo can be very difficult to learn at first if you are not somewhat familiar with SQL.

Average Tool With Big Dreams

Using as a business intelligence platform to visualize all of our data.

Pros

I like that I can create data visualizations to effectively tell stories that persuade and influence the right decisions in our organization.

Cons

There is a lot that the software can do, but a few simple things that it seems like it cannot. I was trying to upload data from a spreadsheet and learned I would have to write additional code to determine specific metrics that were included in the data.

Aggregate Reporting in Domo is Nice and Easy to Use

Overall, DOMO is a great way of taking data and finding insights quickly through it's ease of use navigation.

Pros

I like that DOMO has the ability to take a report and easily change and adjust the report to what you specifically want to view.

Cons

The setup is a little tricky and seems to break pretty easily if the setup is wrong at all.

Absolutely vital tool for data analysis!

I've been very, very happy with what we get out Domo. It allows our small team to be able to make decisions and perform at a level that that far surpasses even that of mid to large size organizations. Domo is a powerhouse in the realm of data manipulation and analysis and I can't imagine being without it!

Pros

Everything that allows us to import or connect to data and perform data analysis. The graphs, charts and filtering tools are amazing, and the new (beta) feature to save filter sets has been an incredible time-saver, as well as giving us greater insight into different views of our data so that we are then able to take a wider range of actions and not miss some information that would've otherwise not been visible or buried within other information.

Cons

How much screen real estate is occupied by various things, leaving only a small amount of space for previewing cards. Going into full-screen has it's own limitations, so perhaps a "Theater Mode" view that minimizes unnecessary information to allow a larger view of the core content. I also do not like that its not possible to scroll left and right within card previews, requiring them to be opened to be able to do so. Finally, performance can sometimes be an issue, but I think that's more related to the enormity of data we are processing at any given moment more so than an issue with the product or the hosting servers.

Perfect for groups that need a BI Team in a Box

The single greatest benefit has been the ability to combine data from three different systems to provide a combined view of our sales operations, without having to bounce between three different systems, and maintaining full control of what and how we want to report and visualize our data

Pros

The standout feature of Domo is the ability to use a single platform to ingest data, transform it, visualize, and analyze. For companies that do not have a mature BI program or groups that do not have sufficient BI support, Domo permits those groups the ability to gain access to data-driven insights within a single platform.

Cons

There are often bottlenecks in running dataflows at peak times of the day (most notable b/t 8-11AM eastern).

Domo Is expensive but well worth the investment

I really like Domo it's hands down my favorite piece of software and also my favorite company to work with. It has solved countless reporting problems an saved thousands of hours spent repetitive reporting tasks for our team.

Pros

It's incredibly powerful and allows any one (regardless of coding or data science background) the ability to create dynamic reports and complex data automations. The best part of Domo though is the customer support. When you call support you get a human right away and they are always ready to help regardless of how complicated your problem is or how much time it will take to solve. You never feel helpless with Domo, only empowered

Cons

It costs a fortune and they have no entry level packages. they also have a habit of releasing awesome features that aren't included in the main package and that cost puts the platform well out of reach for most companies.

I think the constant improvements made over the years has made Domo quite god

I think it's quite good and it's constantly improving. I started using it 5 years ago and it's much improved now.

Pros

I like all the Domo connectors, being able to pull in data from multiple disparate sources and combining them into one repository has made my job so much easier. Continuing on with this, being able to store billions of rows of data in one area without having to pay for storage costs has been a huge boon for my organization. I like the Run Dataflow feature that was just added, it's been a huge lifesaver. It used to take so much time managing all the steps one by one, but now it's so much straightforward. Huge quality of life change.

Cons

I'd like more options for automation and scheduling. For example if I have a dataflow that has multiple sources, I can only have it automatically update the whole thing on the latest thing to come in. The problem is that there's a lot of variance for when the sources finish updating so sometimes it updates without getting all the data in and looks weird.

Domo provides our team with an innovative and complete solution to Business Intelligence .

After having installed and integrated Domo BI software into our daily business practice, our team has realized a substantial increase in productivity across our operations spectrum. As we were attempting to investigate alter solutions to our current BI software , we discovered that Domo offered capabilities which far surpassed our current software BI. The overall result is a new found independence from IT service and entanglement to an extensive degree.

Pros

Domo software allowed our team to bring together data from our cloud services as well as from our on premise servers. The resulting organization allows ease of access at all times and from this point we can create flow charts as well as whole profiles which we can then access from desktop or mobile devices. These profiles are aggregated in what they call "cards" ; a rather easily understood and effective mode of communication and presentation.

Cons

There is not much to dislike regarding Domo's BI solution. From Domo's recollection, contextualization , and presentation our team productivity has accelerated cycles and become much more productive, The only con to relate is is that not all features we wanted to try are available in the introductory trial version of the software, This condition is not an impediment as the software performs so fluidly that we were happy to extend our confidence to the full version.

Domo Review

Overall we are very happy with the cloud -based BI solution and would recommend it to other companies.

Pros

Beautiful interface and easy to use without any programming or SQL experience. Many important functions (variance calculation) that were missing have been added in the past months. ETL function makes it easy to combine various datasets from many different sources and many out-of-the-box connectors are already installed and ready to import data (google analytics, shopify, Instagram, Twitter, google sheets etc.). Reports can be exported into a customized powerpoint presentation with a button click and distributed to the company. The buzz messenger function allows our company to communicate quickly if there are issues with reports or if we see interesting trends and have questions. Great app that allows to view charts anywhere.

Cons

Customizable access rights would be beneficial. Currently there are 5 different access rights options. More flexibility in structuring the page (chart size options) and more color options in reports. The table format is very basic and needs improvement such as variance calculations and more layout options. Automatically scheduled reports and alerts can currently only be sent to Domo users with a license.

Turn data in to actionable information

As mentioned in the pro’s section, we have had several wins as a result of our use of Domo. Safety performance has improved because Domo has surface information that helps us hold our employees accountable. From the employee’s perspective, they are able to see what is expected of them and also see how they are performing to those expectations.

Pros

From loading data all the way to visualizing it, domo’s tools make the process very simple. Our business leaders now have accurate and timely information which helps them make informed decisions. We have several documented organizational improvements as a result of our Domo initiative.

Cons

Of all the software systems I have been involved in procuring, domo has the least amount of “cons”. One suggestion would be to include some type of utility to maximize the efficiency of datasets. We tend to create datasets that are probably redundant, it would be cool to have a way to know when that happens.

Domo gives me accurate data

Overall, Domo had played a significant role in helping us report accurate metrics and trends. Our main CRM makes us take multiple steps to find certain metrics. Whereas domo can give us the reports we need with the accurate data in an insightful and helpful way.

Pros

The main reason why we implemented domo was to get more detailed (and inherently accurate) data. It’s giving us insights that’s helping to provide correct coaching for reps, that we couldnt get normally with our standard CRM. If I could pick one thing though that we love domo for, it’s the ability and ease of use to track trends over time. Being able to see changes in things that go month over month (and even year after year) helps us make informed decisions that are in the best interest of our company and sales teams.

Cons

As with a lot of analytics software, the strengths can also be a weakness. Sometimes, there’s so many different ways to access/create the same data or reports, that it can become overwhelming. That being said, most of the people that would use or purchase this software are likely looking for those in-depth types of analytics. So I wouldn’t classify this as a con, but if there is one thing that frustrates me, that’s it.

Great visualizations and Data representation. Needs work on Data accuracy and reliability

I really enjoy using DOMO and we have clients that love it. We also get frustrated when Data is correct for a time then tends to stop updating properly or something goes awry.

Pros

It seems like the functionality and data representation is limitless. The visualizations are great and clients love to see their data this way.

Cons

I'd love for the integration connectors to be more fleshed out. We are trying to use the Pinterest connector and don't seem to be able to get the data we need from our Pinterest shopping campaigns. Sometimes when we use the Google Analytics connector data is off/incorrect so we'd love for the connectors to be more consistent. When DOMO works it's great but I do feel like things go wrong quite often and we often have to correct the data in DOMO and can't rely on it. It may be the way we are connecting the information but that's got to be solved somehow.

Wouldn't want to live without DOMO

I use DOMO everyday and believe in the power it has to communicate actionable metrics. Wouldn't want to do business without it.

Pros

Once DOMO cards are setup, DOMO is the fastest way to get virtually real time data to drive smart decision making. DOMO has the ability to be as simple or complex as the organization wants the data to be when presented. DOMO eliminates our excuse that managers don't have access to data to do their jobs. The range of data that can be accessed is incredible. Our ERP software, sales database and spreadsheets are all available. All aspects our organization have visual representation in DOMO that team members can see on workstations, video monitors or by email alerts. Portability on devices is also great.

Cons

Cost...of course. Small organizations may have a difficult time justifying the cost.

Business Intelligence Done Right!

Our organization implemented DOMO for our business intelligence tool about 6 months ago and we have been very pleased with our experience so far. We now have the ability to see several data sets in one place, which has vastly improved our reporting. DOMO has API's for all of our core applications, which includes Microsoft Dynamics CRM, ClickDimensions marketing platform, Google Adwords, and other SQL-based applications. Although it is expensive, we have experienced a lot of benefits from DOMO.

Pros

DOMO has API's for just about any application out there, so it is very easy to integrate other applications to DOMO. It is fairly easy to build dashboards and connect your data. It doesn't require any advanced coding skills to use. Our data is easily transformed to fit exactly what we need, which has been a significant benefit for our business intelligence.

Cons

DOMO is very costly compared to other business intelligence tools. That is the biggest drawback to DOMO. However, this cost has been worth it for us so far because our reporting has vastly improved.

Domo How Do I Love Thee (A Creative Digital Analyst's Dream Come True)

I hate to write a review where I gush about an app because the cynic in all of us is "suspect of that." But honestly this a 100% independent, I-am-just-a-fan kind of review! So there's my disclaimer, here's the review: Domo is the kind of app that closeted left-brain geeks masquerading as creative right-brain types LOVE to find! Data is at the heart of showcasing almost anything one might do...

Pros

All in one, comprehensive data visualization platform that makes my clients happy! The free features are good enough to give anyone a decent jumpstart on data analysis.

Cons

The pricing structure could be more flexible to allow for independent consultants to utilize the platform with greater ease (and ease SMBs owners into the value of the platform).

Everything I Need All In One Place!

We use Domo to connect the data sets from several different programs into information that can be shared between them through Domo.

Pros

Domo connects the data from all of our different data sources and allows me to put it all on one dashboard page so that I don't have to flip back and forth looking for the information that I need. I love that I can share the access to these dashboards with all of my employees so that they have access to all of the up to date information that they need. I really like that I can take any of the data on a dashboard and Domo will turn it into an excel spreadsheet for me.

Cons

The customer support is a little slow. There is also an occasional lag time between when changes are made to data and when they show up on Domo. It only refreshes about every 15 minutes.

Domo - Powerful, versatile and user friendly

Very good experience that brings a lot of value to the users. Users can be anyone from CEO and SLT teams to managers and production floor and Quality control.

Pros

The ability to get data easily from many different sources and to use data flows and SQL to adapt the data sources to effectively power cards. The card types, design and filtering and beast modes all make the result very user friendly. Dash boards and page filters add even more power for the users.

Cons

I don't really use the social communication aspects that are baked in. So therefore I don't care much about them.

The future of cloud analytics

Pros

Domo's vision of analytics is that data from many SaaS apps can be aggregated, analyzed, and visualized in a single system. It aims to make analytics the new water cooler of company discussion, replacing slack or chatter as the main company chat app. It's visualizations, while less sophisticated than Tableau/Qlik are much easier to create and visually attractive out of the box, and many of the features...

Cons

Expensive! There is a significant upfront fee plus large ongoing fees based on the number of users. Domo has set their pricing to be competitive with Tableau/Qlik and current leading analytics packages.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.