Campaign Monitor Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.31/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Although testing on the likes of litmus is great, Campaign monitor gives the ability to test emails EXACTLY. This has been excellent for development and my learning about email code.

HH

Hannah H.

The ease of use, depth of reporting, and helpful support team. I like the ability to change and alter the campaign up until the last minute, even if delivery has been scheduled.

JB

Juliet B.

Responsive design; clean, contemporary, flexible templates; handles images well; great reporting; prompt, helpful, friendly customer service; competitive pricing; agency discount.

NS

Nicki S.

We disliked that the platform seemed to be split between different names. Sometimes the login would redirect us to another website which was a bit weird.

Robert D.

Some parts of the UI are cumbersome and feel stuck in another internet era. Some services can be very pricey if you don't have a subscription.

Some features and configurations can be a bit hard to figure out without a fairly technical background. Email builder templates felt a bit restrictive in terms of styling and formatting options.

Campaign Monitor users...

SendGrid-logocaret

SendGrid

Watson Campaign Automation-logocaret

Watson Campaign Automation

How would you rate Campaign Monitor?

Guy G.

Director

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great integrations for email marketing

Transcript

Julliana R.: Hi, I'm Julie, I'm an attorney and partner at a law firm in the legal industry and our rating...

Works well if you have a skilled developer

Transcript

Madeline M.: Hi, I'm Madeline. I'm a digital media planner in the advertising industry, and I would give...

New customer hits an obstacle but quickly addressed with outstanding service on a Sunday evening.

As a new customer, who is also in the process of starting a new business, I ran into a bit of a process issue because I hadn't been able to complete setting up my website. I contacted Campaign Monitor about the issue and received a quick, thorough response on a Sunday evening that addressed my issue and also gave me a list of how to do things. I was very pleased and it made starting Monday morning without worrying about resolution so much easier.

Pros

Simple to use templates for any kind of email campaign make starting a business so much easier. I spent tons of time trying to create my own from 'free' templates but once I started messing around with apps with which I wasn't familiar it took time I didn't have. At this point in time all I want is a generic template later on I may customize.

Cons

On the template it wasn't exactly clear how to insert a logo that included a picture with text if the logo wasn't print ready.

Easy to use product with excellent options

Easy to use professional product.

Pros

It has excellent controls over our team's access. It is easy to make up templates and have our team modify them to use. I like the way it saves as you build the template. Great features.

Cons

The cost for small companies with low volumes is high. We have a large data base that is divided into 40 or more lists in different languages. We send out targeted marketing to selected real estate groups so the volume sent out per month is low. We only use lists appropriate for the property to avoid unsubscriptions but because our total number of subscribers is high, the monthly cost is higher than I believe is fair.

Campaign Monitor is the original mailing list innovator

Want reliable and easy to use (but very powerful) email delivery service - then CampaignMonitor is a safe choice.

Pros

When a company pays attention to design and usability its a clear sign that they care about how well their software works. CampaignMonitor is that kinds of company. I've been using their services for nearly a decade and they never seize to amaze with the quality of their features. CampaignMonitor is very easy to use, both for creation of campaigns and for checking stats.

Cons

The price tag to check how the email design will look in different email clients. It would be nice to have this as a built in feature.

Leading email marketing platform

Pros

The platform is extremely easy to use and manage. The automation features provide a level of sophistication which suits most client needs.

Cons

While powerful there is a level of learning as the interface is more difficult than other platforms

Blown away

I had a very particular issue, not with the product itself, but getting it to work on my page. Again, the problem was not what they made, but where I was making it live...a hazardous environment, and it was still working well despite not having good reasons to. I am a contractor for a client, and nobody gave me any grief about not being a direct employee. They were so willing and eager to help right...

Pros

Genuinely care Really quick turnaround time Product fluency Thoroughness Confidence Objectiveness

Cons

I'd have to invent something. I wish every time I picked up the phone to talk to someone in this situation it could go his smoothly.

Full featured email solution

Even though it's not the only system I use, Campaign Monitor is really nicely designed, and has everything that you'd need. I like it more than Active Campaign or definitely more than Aweber. You can set up transactional emails that go out based on what your subscribers have done or have not yet done, plus other automation types. The newsletter builder is pretty beautiful, too, so it works well for a newsletter to your subscribers. What originally drew me to Campaign Monitor was the subscriber box designer, which allows you to add the Campaign Monitor code to any website template so that you're able to have an attractive sign-up box on your site that fits the overall look of your site. Not all systems allow that.

Pros

Great interface, easy to integrate subscription box code into any template, can host a bunch of different lists and manage different business campaigns.

Cons

It's a bit expensive.

Incredibly easy to use and definitely gets the job done!

Pros

Anyone could be up and running within minutes, whether you're a pro or just getting started. Importing, then segmenting records, all the way to designing and sending emails is a cinch.

Cons

There's nothing to dislike about Campaign Monitor. It does everything we need it to and actually more than we expected. Also, the reporting is clear and easy to understand.

After 10 years, still my preferred platform for email marketing

Campaign Monitor allows my clients to easily send email marketing campaigns to their customers or users. The white-listing allows my agency to earn passive income.

Pros

Campaign's outstanding feature is it's ease of use. The interface is friendly and makes sense but does not dumb things down for advanced users.

Cons

My one complaint about Campaign Monitor is that their bespoke/custom template editor has not been updated in a long time, in favor of their drag and drop editor. The drag and drop editor is great, but it's still not enough for some of my clients who need very low level control over their branding.

First choice to manage email campaigns

Pros

The UI is neat, simple and straightforward. It works like a charm. The support is great and responsive.

Cons

If we had a free plan for accounts with little usage and small lists, it would be great. Some customers and non-profits pick a competitor just because of this.

Campaign Monitor is by far the most simple, yet powerful, subscriber and campaign manager.

The ability to spin up new accounts for clients makes it a no-brainer.

Pros

Their designer is easy to use, but yet provides great power features like dynamic parameters, draggable sections, and more. The ability to create and manage different templates for different uses is very handy. Their support is top-notch and always responsive within a couple of hours.

Cons

Their pricing is higher than other services, so it can sometimes be a hard sell to clients, especially as they add more subscribers. It can get expensive to do one-off campaigns to lots of subscribers.

Quality Email Marketing Platform

Pros

The email template builder is simply the best. Campaign Monitor makes it easy to build and launch campaigns quickly.

Cons

Advanced segmentation and analytics could be improved.

Paid email marketing is simply better than free.

Good price, great segmentation options, easy to interpret data, easy to design emails.

Pros

I am not scientific about this, but it seems that delivery/open rates are better than when I used mailchimp. Templates are neat and customizable, but I usually just modified my premise designs. WSYWIG design works well and quickly. Personalized segmentation options are very helpful. Worldview is amazing - it is magical watching people open messages around the globe. Last, but not least, price - very affordable for my size list of less than 500. And they offer non-profit rates.

Cons

While segments are very customizable, it is not easy putting clients into these segments, has to be done manually one-by-one (there are shortcuts for adding a new contact). Would like to send test emails to multiple addresses that are clearly labeled as test!

Powerful email marketing software

Campaign monitor is powerful email marketing software and easy to develop against the API with the help of its wrappers such as .NET library. The price is competitive. Our company is very careful with money and we chose campaign monitor.

Pros

We use .NET and there is a .NET libray you can make use of so that you can call campaign monitor API easily. You can create/update/delete subscribers with properties and you can put these properties in the email content if you'd like. There are so much more you can do with campaign monitor and it is powerful email marketing software.

Cons

I cannot think of what I don't like about campaign monitor. I really appreciate that it has wrapper libraries.

Beautiful and simple Email ;arketing and Automation

Managing your email marketing and automation in a simple way is a huge advantage. This was made to be simple, so new and experienced users alike can benefit from this software

Pros

There are several companies that deliver the same service, but I have yet to see one as simple as this one. Simple is always good. Being able to design a high quality email AND to be able to setup the automation (email marketing) in a visual way

Cons

Even though it is very easy, and the templates are gorgeous, you need to have high quality images and at the right size in order to "switch" them in the templates. And even though you can get ideas for automation paths you still have to define your own.

Campaign Monitor Review

Sending personalized emails to leads in real time.

Pros

Campaign Monitor has allowed team in Sales & Marketing department in our organization to save time creating and sending personalized outbound emails to prospective customers.

Cons

WYSIWYG features available on Campaign Monitor are hectic to configure.

A great product that keeps evolving

I've been using Campaign Monitor for several years to send email campaigns for my clients, mostly small to medium-sized nonprofits and civic organizations. I love that it's designer-oriented - you can create your own custom templates or use theirs. And in the last year or so they've introduced (and then significantly improved) flexible templates that perform very well responsively.

Pros

Responsive design Clean, contemporary, flexible templates Handles images well Great reporting Prompt customer service Competitive pricing Agency discount

Cons

There's a little bit of a learning curve for the templates. You can create a great-looking simple email right away, but it takes practice to get fancier. Some new features aren't fully integrated - for example, overlaying a button on an image is only supported in some of their templates

Great tool for Company and Client Eblast usage

Pros

The ease of setup and designing templates, as well as it's reporting.

Cons

I really have no complaints about using this software.

Excellent Value!

Excellent value for the money, it's pretty cheap, anyone can afford it. (cheaper than a spotify subscription!)

Pros

I've used many different email marketing tools over the years, and have seen the ups and downs of many of them. CM is one of the top programs I've had the opportunity to use. Editing and managing emails is a breeze w/ CM, and the support was there when needed (prompt as well).

Cons

If you have a good CRM this program might not be necessary, but that's not so much of a con as it is you just need to know what your personal needs are and that this software isn't the end-all solution for everyone. I don't really have any gripes about this software. A few things are different than other competitor's, like the way hours are billed, but that type of stuff doesn't take long to get used to.

This app is one of the best

Pros

Using this Application / Software is a very great choice that I have made in my career. So much useful for my career.

Cons

The dashboard is very clean, which is a nice respite from often-busy business software interfaces.

I have used Campaign Monitor and still follow their progress as I was impressed at their start product, yet for some time I have switched to Mailerlite which surprised me with nice payment plan and great features.

Pros

You can add subscribers as you're setting up your first campaign or as a separate process. Subscribers must be part of a list that you create, although you can set up unlimited lists, which is one way to segment your usersCreating a campaign is also easy. To start, you just need a name, subject line, and an email address for the "From" field (you can set up a separate "reply to" email as well).

Cons

Campaign Monitor may lack live support and third-party integrations, but it offers a simple way to connect with your audience through email marketing, including auto-responders and a new suite of analytics.

Be prepared for negative numbers

It's pretty good overall! I'm happy with the product but there are some kinda wonky aspects to it, though again, that could be a result of using it as not necessarily intended.

Pros

It's very easy to upload email lists and to customize my own email campaigns. Being able to drag a CSV file into the list is such a huge QOL, and I like that Campaign Monitor has it's own templates that I can use to create my own email campaign.

Cons

I'm not sure if my company uses this feature as intended, but I'm often uploading and deleting users from the list so that we don't hit the cap. As such, lists often run into negative numbers after I delete them. This becomes a problem when I need to use a list that's a bit smaller - Campaign Monitor understandably can't send to a user list it perceives as having negative users.

Email Marketing

We love using it! Overall, the platform is very easy to learn and you can set up automations to save time and to make marketing easier!

Pros

Creating a visually engaging email campaign is very easy. I am able to base my design off of one of their many templates, then customize each part to match our brand. It was easy to learn how to use without needing any coding/html knowledge.

Cons

I imported many leads to my email list on Campaign Monitor and some times, it would make duplicates or not import correctly. It could also be how I am formatting, but it got frustrating when I would then have to manually go through the leads.

A worthy provider in a sea of wannabes

Campaign Monitor has always been top notch. We've been using it for 10+ years now. Nearly any complaint I could drum up about the service is easily explained by the fact that they take email sender reputation seriously. Initially, we had to undergo a manual review before being allowed to send to lists over a certain size. We also have to jump through a few hoops to send from any given domain, which...

Cons

Made our lives really easy whenever we had to send mass mailers to our +100,000 contact database.

Pros

As a sales company with over 100,000 contacts in our data base, the thought of reaching such a large audience without some outside help was daunting. Campaign monitor made the process a breeze, and given the integration with SalesForce, there wasn't much more we could hope for.

Cons

I was not the person who set up our account with Campaign monitor, but I inherited a system that didn't exactly adhere to their policies, so we eventually ran into an issue with them. It would have been nice if their support team was a bit more understanding and amenable to working together. They were pretty cut and dry with policy violations.

Campaign Monitor is the best ESP yet

I switched Trade Ideas from iContact to Campaign Monitor in Q3 2014 and haven't looked back. The interface is not only modern, but extremely efficient – example: conducting several types of A/B tests with any send is right in the sending workflow and not a complicated process.

Pros

The customer service and support are very quick to respond with a helpful solution. The templating and editing interface is powerful and purposefully limited, making for very fast creation of great looking, responsive emails. We can import our own templates when needed, however I haven't bothered doing so yet. The A/B testing and email send reporting is excellent and intuitive. Campaign Monitor has added additional automation features just in the short time I've been with them, increasing their value to me as an ESP.

Cons

Not much, really. Some additional automation features and more advanced segmentation/list splitting would be about all I'd ask for so far.

Thanks for the great review. We hope to continue to increase our value to you!