All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Campaign Monitor Reviews

Pros

The ease of use, depth of reporting, and helpful support team. I like the ability to change and alter the campaign up until the last minute, even if delivery has been scheduled.

Juliet B.

Read the full review
But in the off chance that I do, when I contact their support team, they are always there to help me in a timely and friendly manner.

Megan R.

Read the full review
It is one of the best out there so to add an opportunity to resell and integrate with our existing business is amazing. Has all the great features you would want and even as a reseller do the billing.

Chris C.

Read the full review

Cons

This becomes a problem when I need to use a list that's a bit smaller - Campaign Monitor understandably can't send to a user list it perceives as having negative users.

Adam E.

Read the full review
It can be challenging to use. It's not as simple as other drag and drop platforms.

Heidi W.

Read the full review
As such, lists often run into negative numbers after I delete them.

Adam E.

Read the full review

Great integrations for email marketing

Works well if you have a skilled developer

Campaign Monitor is the best of them all

We have seen significant boost to our marketing processes right from sending customized HTML email newsletters to uploading customer database. Campaign Monitor also offers us a detailed analytics on how the campaigns are performing.

Pros

The downloads are very economical and fast with the capability to send emails to a group of clients at a go. We customize the beautiful templates available in Campaign Monitor to match our branding

Cons

My experience with Campaign Monitor has been very positive. I still haven't faced any problem with the tool

The Best Email Service Provider on the Market!

Campaign Monitor is wonderful. I recommend it enthusiastically to anyone looking for a full service, easy to use email platform.

Pros

Excellent customer service -- a human picks up the phone when you call and works with you to creatively solve problems, if you use the Premier tier. Dashboards and analytics are all intuitive and easy to use. Automation journeys are easy to build and update. Drag and drop templates are easy to use.

Cons

I wish we could establish settings to automatically scrub emails after that were inactive over a certain period. These segments are already created automatically, but we have to export files and copy in email addresses to remove subscribers. I also wish it integrated with ZeroBounce, my preferred email deliverability tool. I also sometimes wish I could edit the HTML on particular sends.

Do not recommend. Better Platforms for the price.

There are many platforms out there at a much lower cost that offer more robust features and functionality and that can be hooked up to Salesforce in a way that might not be as seamless but would be worth it.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use and integrates with Salesforce, which is why we chose it over Pardot when making an initial selection.

Cons

There are many limitations, from design to ability to customize the registration confirmation message (no modal???). Also, no way to tell the difference between hard bounces, which makes it impossible to automate deactivation of contacts in Salesforce.

The whole package in one site

We recently switched from another email marketing site/tool and decided to go with Campaign Monitor due to having everything (testing, design, deployment) on the site. No more sending a test email to separate websites. Their customer support was super helpful with the transition.

Pros

Campaign Monitor had everything our company was looking for and more. We like that you can use their template or bring in your own. We like the option to use just a text version for emails. We LOVE that we can send out 2 versions of one campaign by trying a different subject line. You get to see what gets the best click rate. We also LOVE that there is a built in SPAM check as well as testing email in many email clients...Outlook, Mobile, etc.

Cons

It takes a little bit getting used to setting up a custom email. I find myself going back and forth from the different screens. I just need to get used to using the site as it is new for us.

We've tried many, and this seems to lead the pack.

Overall, the best email marketing solution my team has worked with in the last year. Fair value for money i must say too.

Pros

- Great suggestive features such as email-body formatting tips - Nice delivery and send-out time - Extensive scenario handling for segmentations and optional blocks - Great responsiveness of website across multiple form factors on devices(mobile, tablet, etc)

Cons

- Some features and configurations can be a bit hard to figure out without a fairly technical background - Email builder templates felt a bit restrictive in terms of styling and formatting options

Great for agencies

Pros

We used Campaign Monitor for many years with multiple clients and it worked really well. Segmentation of clients was easy and setting new ones up was all self-initiated​, no need to contact support. List management​ was a breeze as well as segmentation. Campaign creation was also easy, we never used the drag and drop editor​ as we crated bespoke HTML emails ourselves.

Cons

The reason why we chose to move away from CM was the segmentation was slightly limiting for us. We basically needed to segment based on relative dates, i.e from now until 3 months ago. This could only be achieved by entering exact dates, which you would need to change on a​ daily basis if using for automation purposes. If that doesn't bother you I would recommend using CM.

Nice Email Automation Tool

It was a good platform for email marketing, but wasn't a CRM solution.

Pros

I like how easy it was to set up email automation campaigns. We had a custom template and I thought Campaign Monitor worked pretty well with it. Organizing and segmenting our lists was also a breeze.

Cons

The main reason we left and switched to Hubspot was because Hubspot was an all-in-one CRM tool that connected to many of our other programs that we use.

Campaign Monitor

This like many other Email companies can be as successful​ as you want if you are willing to put the time and effort into it. The great thing with this is the Price is very competitive and it offers a bit more than the others.

Pros

Campaign Monitor recently bought Conversio Emails. The price is very competitive for all the things it offers. Email campaigns, reviews, pop-ups, newsletters​, Abandon Cart functions. I have sent out multiple individual newsletters and abandon carts with success rates.

Cons

The Workflow function on the site was a little hard to set up and its why I do not send more out. When I turned it on it sent an email to every single person on my list.... when I just wanted it to send one to the new subscribers from that time forward.

Gets the Job Done

Overall I'd recommend Campaign Monitor, especially if you're in a rush.

Pros

We enjoyed using Campaign Monitor after switching from MailChimp. We were able to get up and running, fast.

Cons

We disliked that the platform seemed to be split between different names. Sometimes the login would redirect us to another website which was a bit weird.

Campaign Monitor

We purchased Campaign Monitor to send personalized, relevant, and timely emails to our audience. Our contacts at CM worked hard to ensure that this was the right fit for us and our needs.

Pros

Campaign Monitor has a lot of personalization options (conditional text, incorporating multiple data sources) that put you in control of your program.

Cons

Because we were a smaller client for CM, but had a lot of security and legal requirements, our sales process took quite a while (around six months).

Excellent Email Tool for small business

Campaign Monitor allowed us to send our monthly newsletter with ease. This brought in an abundance of new business for the company and helped to grow revenue.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is simple to use and allows any business to run marketing campaigns to their audiences. The drag and drop builder is excellent.

Cons

Campaign Monitor doesn't have a CRM, so you'll need to import your lists for every send or integrate with a something like Zoho, HubSpot or Salesforce.

I love Campaign Monitor

Pros

I am a web developer and their API is fantastic to use. It is easy and straightforward.

Cons

Some things within their GUI are hard to find and some extra logging features for developers would be handy.

Best email marketing and automation solution i've used so far!

Pros

We've used other email marketing tools for different reasons over the years, but still always came back to read Campaign Monitor's excellent email marketing advice on their blogs and articles about best practices. Finally took the plunge a year ago and moved all our subscribers over. No regrets whatsoever! Just the amazing email editor and template manager is enough to make me leave everything...

Cons

I'm nit-picking, but how Campaign Monitor counts subscribers (in order to bill us) is different from some of the other tools out there. For e.g. if the same subscriber is in two mailing lists, it counts as two for billing purposes. If you have many lists, it tends to balloon your billing subscription out a bit.

Great Product, Great Support, Definitely Better than Others We have Tried

After over twelve hours attempting to log on, pay for, and conduct a REPEAT newsletter/emailout with one of its competitors, GetResponse, I had to look elsewhere, because their system was rejecting our email list, because it "looked" to GetResponse's totalitarian software as "very similar to another list on its server"---OF COURSE IT LOOKED SIMILAR---We had used their service twice in the past year---with...

Pros

Hard question to answer---Sorry, I have to say "EVERYTHING"! Worked well, priced me in cheaper local currency, fast sendout, very helpful tips on mis-formatted emails, phenomenal customer support, no login or password struggles...the list goes on (a double-entendre).

Cons

Unsubscribe "Tag" added at the bottom of our emails was in a different font from the bottom portion of our emailout/newsletter---a minor point.

A product well thought through

I have been using CampaignMonitor for almost 4 years now. I love the tool more than MailChimp and Constant Contact. I

Pros

*Allows to send a test mail and check personalization using real examples from your contact list. *You can also set up email automation with the tool. *The HTML upload and rendering across devices is on point. Very well made product. * Does not force users to use bulky footers that promotes itself unlike Constant Contact

Cons

I was billed extra and forced to use the plan I upgraded to for an entire month without being prompted that my list size had exceeded a certain number. While I understand it makes sense for your revenue it is not a very good customer experience.

This is your best option if you don't have a good CRM or Marketing Automation (Premier Plan user)

Non-Profit Discount, Volume Discount, Drip Automation, WYSIWYG editor (removing designer/developer dependency), Web Form Integration

Pros

You get a: > WYSIWYG email editor (making responsive email design & development a piece of cake). > Conditional email blocks based on list segmentation or conditions. > Easy to setup email drips to your list, based on when they joined, segmentation rules or custom conditions > User management to limit access to the lists and control actual email deployment > Ability to run unlimited basic Spam Filter, Firewall and Email Client tests > New reporting tab makes monitoring email performance much easier

Cons

The transnational emails are great for basic requirements. Anything more needs custom development and support. I was disappointed when I found there's no way to limit Transactional Emails to run on specific lists out of the box.

It just works !

Pros

Clear, clutter-free interface with the right tools for the job, everything is made to concentrate on your emailmarketing objectives and not how to use the tool :) I've been using CM for close to 10 years and have witnessed their progressive and intelligent implementations : nothing is added that you won't *really* need and once it's added it's especially intuitive. Add to that Campaign Monitor's daily tips, blog posts, ressources and especially their outstanding client support : you just can't go wrong.

Cons

Hard to fin anything really, maybe certain ways of implementing behavioral segments but then again maybe it's my Marketing objectives that aren't clear enough...

Campaign Monitor is the best email marketing platform... period!

My over experience has been awesome! Once you go with CM you can't go back to any other platform because it feels and looks like a joke compared to it.

Pros

I like how professional the website layout and features are. I feel that other platforms are too simplified and have a cheap feeling to them. Campaign monitor cares about the look and feel, as well as the performance of their platform. The way contacts/subscribers/lists are managed is one of my favorite features. The whole platform is intuitive in nature.

Cons

I have 0 complaints about this platform. I do however wish there were more pre-made layouts to choose from, even though the ones available are so awesome and easy to customize.

Rock solid

We use Campaign Monitor to keep track of lists on course registrations. We've had the same code running for years and have never run into issues. The API is very stable and after 5 years we haven't had any issues, no breaking changes or anything related to it. I'm very happy with the services provided.

Pros

I liked the documentation, it's nice and easy to read as well as follow. Integrating with their API was also easy, I had no issues with that and works well. The responses are great and errors that you do get are easy to understand and resolve.

Cons

I can't fault Campaign Monitor on anything regarding our use case, it has fulfilled our desired use cases.

Easy to use, even for beginners!

I use campaign monitor weekly when deploying campaigns for multiple clients, whether they are bright and fun e-commerce emails, or real estate, or emails for medical professions, every type benefits from it and being able to toggle back and forth between clients' profiles makes it so fluid and efficient.

Pros

I love that campaign monitor has two ways of creating emails, either uploading custom HTML or using their in-house email builder. I regularly use both for different clients. It is so easy for someone to use who doesn't have a lot of coding skills or doesn't use these platforms often because it is just so intuitive.

Cons

I think the thing I like least about campaign monitor is its in-house email builder is kind of limited. Sometimes I want to lay something out differently or change a color or style of something, but since it has a limited builder, those things aren't possible. I also don't love that you can only have one credit card on file for your emails so if you want to send out two emails in one day from two separate credit cards, you have to manually update it after the first is sent but before the second is sent.

Campaign Monitor

If you are using emails to communicate with customers you really can do a much better job with a service like Campaign Monitor. You can create and store templates, get instant reports on opens and clicks, and other data. They have very few glitches and when it happens they fix them right away. Customer service is better than excellent.

Pros

As mentioned, I would give their customer service a +++. I am a very small user. I'm sure they have much more important clients. But that's not how they treat me when I have a need. They are right on top of things and and I believe they treat me the same as a major user. They also send periodic "lessons" on how to improve email content and they are worth reading. Embedding photos/images is a breeze and you get quality true to that of the original image.true

Cons

If you are a savvy, tech-smart user you can navigate and use the service with few problems. If you are a 3/5 like me, it is sometimes a challenge to get around. After a while you can learn it, but the initial phases can be daunting. They might consider creating a glossary for some of the technical terms. There are a few options I wish they would incorporate in their text capabilities.

Campaign Monitor

Campaign monitor is great for small business' who are not much on the technical side, it's easy to use and easy to explain to your clients. It also has high deliverability and excellent compatibility with mobile and computer. The pricing also differs which is great if you have a range of clients from small to medium to large business'.

Pros

Campaign monitor is clean and modern and because of it's designed, it's very easy to use and understand. You also have a range of templates to choose from. This is best if you are not very technical and find it easy to use a drop and drag function. They also give you access to your statistics and you can export your database if you need to upload it to another service. They also continuously grow their services and have now added automation, insights and transactional emails. You can also design your own email using code and upload the code as a template to Campaign Monitor

Cons

You pay for everytime you send out a batch of emails where some email marketing services are free. The customer service takes a while to get back to you. Sometimes the code you upload won't look as good when its embed into Campaign monitor, Sometimes the functionality of the code goes off. The email campiagn you send out can look better on chrome than safari

Email campaigns made simple

Campaign monitor is my favourite email campaign tool and I will continue to use it for its simple, clean designs and service.

Pros

Campaign Monitor makes it really easy to set up and deliver email campaigns and analyse the results of each campaign. The templates are brilliant for creating quality emails which look professional and clean all you need to do is put your content in. Campaign Monitor basically holds your hand every step of the way and make it easy for you to insert pictures, links, text, call to action buttons and more into your templates.

Cons

The biggest problem that I've been having lately is trying to send a preview email to myself...it never seems to work on a Friday! It can be really frustrating if I have something that I need to get done that day and I can preview it in my own inbox first. It seems to work every other day of the week though.

Selling e-Mail Marketing

Support has been great when needed. Our emails are going out without being blocked and we are getting great information back on tracking for each email campaign we setup.

Pros

Not only is this platform very easy to use to create and build email newsletters and support emails it gives you the ability to white label and brand the software to sell as a service to your current clients. Adding revenue to support your sales and marketing clients through email marketing.

Cons

The template designer which is very easy to use and has quality templates is lacking in the customization aspect the designs are. How ever you can code and upload your own email designs.

A great product that keeps evolving

I've been using Campaign Monitor for several years to send email campaigns for my clients, mostly small to medium-sized nonprofits and civic organizations. I love that it's designer-oriented - you can create your own custom templates or use theirs. They've introduced (and then significantly improved) flexible templates that perform very well responsively. They also take their sender reputation very seriously; when one of my clients inadvertently sent an email to an old list and ended up with too high a percentage of spam reports and unsubscribes, the Campaign Monitor support team was very helpful in working with me to address the issues.

Pros

Responsive design; clean, contemporary, flexible templates; handles images well; great reporting; prompt, helpful, friendly customer service; competitive pricing; agency discount

Cons

Honestly can't think of any at the moment.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.