SugarCRM Logo

Empowering sales teams to drive growth, since 2004.

SugarCRM Reviews

Suggested alternatives

salesforce
zoho-crm
bitrix24

This software is a mostly great well-rounded CRM, and their support team is fantastic with any questions.
SugarCRM is the best CRM, easy to use, solid and robust, easy of integration with ERP, VoIP and Jaspersoft and Revolution.
Difficult to navigate and figure out how it worked. There was no customer service to call on and google searches for fixes proved fruitless.
A CRM without an automatically tracked last activity is useless. There are somework arounds that don't work for email rendering this product useless.
At the time, Sugar had a Community Edition (free) that you could host on your own LAMP stack... but they wanted to make more money, so they stopped development of that edition, and now it's dead.

Shanie S.

Executive Producer

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Level Up your Business with Sugar CRM!

Transcript

Shanie: So my name is Shanie and my job title is CEO. I manage multiple companies, Elevation Global Group,...

Mark S.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

SugarCRM for great for the marketing emails.

SugarCRM is so great software because it really help us to taking our sales process more faster. It really allow the small business companies to track sales, invoices, bills and market to our customers in a better way. This CRM is so easy to use just because of its great users interface. Hence, SugarCRM software makes my life so much easier.

Pros

SugarCRM is one of the best marketing platform which really help small business to grow faster and that's why it is also known as the business market smarter software. The best thing about this software is that it always provide the best customer relationships marketing software. We have been use the SugarCRM software foor the sales and marketing purpose because it has the great ability to customization's. Hence, the users interface is very responsive and the well designed.

Cons

The first obvious thing I don't like about this software is that SugarCRM does not have a users-friendly users interface software. The another problem that we faced is that it take a lot of time to setup the everything but the documentations is always great. When we started using this software then we don't find the file manager as so intuitive.

SG

Sarthak G.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

SugarCRM is quite efficient for Real Estate Business

I have launched many products using these Platforms. It helped me a lot in uplifting my business.

Pros

It easily gets integrated with many applications.

Cons

The process of Installation, and sometimes it hangs m system.

JB

Josh B.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

SugarCRM Review - Walz Scale

We have been using Sugar for several years, but only in the past six months have we really dug down to fully utilize the software. The tool is fairly simple to use, I like the reporting functions, but the feedback I get from my sales team is that it is just 'clunky' to use. I'll give you one little example. For the Opportunity 'Actual Closed Won' date, I found through coming across some bad sales data...

Pros

I like the Online (sugar on demand) that allows Sugar Support to get into your software and look and something you may be struggling with, like reports...

Cons

Design is little clunky. Think with some improvements, it might be easier to convert leads, update opportunities. Need less clicks!

MC

Marco C.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

SugarCRM Is a Great and Reliable Solution

Pros

I like the effective features of SugarCRM. SugarCRM has been a brilliant and reliable CRM solution.

Cons

SugarCRM is amazing and flawless. SugarCRM works so well for us.

Abel A.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Avis sugar crm

Pros

I like this software because of its many functions which makes it different from its competitors

Cons

what he doesn't like about this software is how expensive it is for small businesses

Gabor T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

A free CRM - not worth the price

It is a good startup CRM for base use. Not nice looking not always working but cost no money.

Pros

It is a free CRM and you can fully customize to your needs.

Cons

Very hard to actually customize it. The templates do not fully work and thus many times the system just breaks. Not feasible to use without a programmer putting it straight.

Thank you for your review and feedback, however it is important to highlight that you have provided this feedback on a product that is no longer supported by SugarCRM. Sugar Community Edition is the legacy version of our platform for the open-source community, which is traditionally utilised by developers and not by businesses to run day-today operations. If you require a flexible platform that...

Valerie P.

Computer Software,

Used other for 1-2 years

In the past, I have been a SugarCRM administrator for a Software Sales company.

The software itself was a great place to house my data in an organized fashion. I was able to report upon the data, and additionally could assign and reassign accounts and contacts with ease. This was a value driven solution for my company at the time, since Salesforce was too pricey.

Pros

There is a lot of simplicity with using SugarCRM. It was straightforward, and user friendly. The value of the product is pretty good for what you are paying, and it is relatively easy to administer. There are different directions you can go with reporting, for example: tabular, summary and matrix report types. I integrated this CRM with Pardot Marketing Automation software and was not disappointed with the integration, as it worked pretty seamlessly together.

Cons

This CRM obviously is more economic than the likes of Salesforce - but you get what you pay for. I found it difficult to manage my duplicate records, and a lot of the bells and whistles that could potentially make your work flow easier are not present. I would consider this a "bare bones" CRM solution.

PL

Perez L.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

An Easy to Understand CRM Solution

Pros

It is so easy to understand the features of SugarCRM. SugarCRM is so amazing.

Cons

I do not see difficulties when using SugarCRM.

BB

Bohumil B.

Airlines/Aviation, 501-1,000 employees

Cost-effective CRM

Pros

Great forecasting tool and I really liked the contact & account management tools

Cons

Third-party integrations are only available in the advanced plans.

LD M.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Scarce customer service, terribly buggy.

Pros

Cons

It hasn't worked for us properly since we bought it three years ago. We have a contract with a third party company who is there to run health checks and updates as well as provide simple technical questions. (that company never returns or answers our call) Just seems like the way of Sugar!

GG

Gaurav G.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Complete CRM Tool with Analytics Integration

I have been able to solve the business problem of tracking new prospects who eventually became customers, which channels drove that new customer acquisition and how much revenue those new customers generated. As well as, providing insights to my marketing team around which customers are planning to quit so they can try running some nurture campaigns to avoid losing those on-the-fence customers. In short, SugarSell helped improve both quantity and quality of customer leads at low cost.

Pros

As an analyst, I use SugarSell to track new prospects who submit become a customer form to become customers of my food service company. The feature I find most productive is the ability of SugarSell software to assign a source of website, social, email, sales representative, campaign, etc. and track customer journey from acquisition to conversion. As well as, integrate with Salesforce Marketing Cloud...

Cons

I struggled with adding a new source of voice assistant, chatbot and mobile app to SugarSell CRM reporting tool. Because it needed additional development resources who could modify implementation code. The second source of challenge was not easily able to connect Google Analytics UTM campaigns tracking with SugarSell CRM leads tracking. So, it was difficult to correlate the two data sources to each other in a single table using a common key and build a marketing data lake. Similar concerns existed when trying to bring CRM data, campaigns data and invoice sales data from MicroStrategy into one warehouse. So, it will be nice if SugarSell added some big data enhancement capabilities to their tool.

DB

David B.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Management of the commercial area

It is really a good product, they are currently making important changes, and integrations with other apps, it is very quick to learn to use and manages similarity in all its modules.

Pros

One of the points that we like most about Sugar is the possibility of generating any report, all the modules are related to each other, and generating modules to our own needs.

Cons

What we like least is that for the trends or projections to work, all the data in the system must be very well loaded.

AC

Adam C.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Great, customizable CRM

Pros

Easy setup. Cloud-hosted environment means low maintenance. Easy for small teams to customize without requiring developers.

Cons

Cloud hosting means no direct DB access, or config changes, instead relying on UI tools to customize and export. Nothing crazy though.

JF

Juan F.

1,001-5,000 employees

I have made product configurations for a company that provides technical consulting services

Management of all information related to customers and sales in a single software in a centralized manner that can be accessed by any type of device in real time, providing valuable information for decision making made by the management controls

Pros

The tool is intuitive and very easy to use, there is the option to use the cloud in a private server or use the software tool as a service, it has a variety of modules to carry out the management of clients, such as sales, marketing campaigns, opportunities, potential customers, everything related to meetings and appointments to be carried out by sales executives, among others. It has a module to carry...

Cons

It has a module to record tasks, which can be used for assigning different activities to employees, in this part you may be able to add some type of SLA and in this way to measure the time it takes for users to complete tasks according to the assignment date and the SLAs registered for a specific type of task. Workflows are very basic for the professional version

JM

James M.

Best CRM I've Ever Used

Starting at $30/user/month - this is by far the best value I've seen on the market for sales and marketing CRM software. It's not Salesforce.com which is a good thing because Sugar is easier to implement, easier to use, a fraction of the price, and does just about everything that higher end systems can do if you're creative and work with a partner to tailor the application to your business like we did.

Pros

We are a Sugar CRM reseller but this review is from my perspective as a user of this fantastic software. Most CRM is the same functionally - manage accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc. But what sets Sugar apart from the rest of them are three fundamental things: 1. Simplicity - Sugar CRM is clean. It's super easy to get any information you need without needing your IT guy to build you a custom...

Cons

We are using the hosted, On Demand version which limits our access to source modifications (somewhat). We have been able to work around all of these so far. If we get to a point where we need more access to modify the underlying program we can always bring the product in-house and customize to our hearts content. There have been a few minor bugs that we've found - certainly no more than we had in our previous CRM system but Sugar's support team had them resolved - almost immediately!

MH

Mashudu Hilary M.

Computer Software, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

An effective software to keep a great relationship with your custormers and clients

Sugar CRM has been a great software for my business. Ever since I started using it, I have been able to manage and sort out organization structures easily. The way I deliver customer service and manage a relationship with them has changed for the better.

Pros

Sugar CRM as a software is great because it comes with a customizable home page since it is an open source platform. Features such as the new user wizard tool, shortcut bar and downloadable plugins are just ingenious. I like how the software comes in a diverse range of languages which number 9 in total. Sugar CRM provides data and information security meaning I am assured of protection from internal...

Cons

From my time using the software I have found the software to be very slow when running through Sugar's own servers. The sheer number of options present on the dashboard can be perplexing, especially for users who might not have much expirience in CRM data models. Lastly, over the years the software has become a bit dated and this has forced me to move to other CRM software such as HubSpot.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great CRM, but the FREE version is the best

The main benefits I got from this software was the ability to keep my contacts all in one place. It was excellent in scheduling tasks, creating contacts, assigning tasks, etc.

Pros

The thing I liked best about the Sugar CRM Community Edition that is free is that our developers could customize it for our company and add great features, something we can't do with the big name CRM solutions.

Cons

The thing I like the least about this software is it is very limited in features which makes their competitors a better bargain. Additionally, the functionality can be off. For example, our developers had difficulty incorporating some features into their free CE because of bugs. I have heard from others the paid version is overpriced, not worth it, and there are other better options out there.

PH

Pia H.

Automotive, 5,001-10,000 employees

It provided the ad we needed.

Pros

It worked very well for our business tracking. We have control over sales. We were able to announce ourselves to a large audience.

Cons

The graphical interface of the product is not intuitive.

JB

Jim B.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Sugar user for 5 years

Overall, Sugar has worked pretty well for us. As with most customizable software, it is all about the implementer and getting it set up well. If we had worked to get other areas more integrated, I would rate it higher. We are a smaller company (15 users), and do not have a " Sugar champion" other than the president. Reporting module is easy to use, the mobile app is (now) pretty good. We recently looked at the other major CRM apps, and chose to continue with Sugar. We are making some much needed changes to our Sugar instance, which will help with utilization.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, robust mobile app, good reporting.

Cons

Some basic functionality is missing, ie, had to write a custom report/fields to be able to see when the last time a contact was contacted (email, meeting or phone).

HM

Hailey M.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

My favorite CRM option but not the easiest for employees to navigate....

We have been using Sugar for almost 8 years and have been happy with it. The workflow consistently causes issues and the options for employee files is limited. We also here lots of negatives from our employees on user-friendliness however, the admin love its functionality.

Pros

The file retention, the report capabilities

Cons

The 'breaks' in workflow

Hailey, Thanks for your review - I'd love to learn more about which version you are using - as the Sugar 7.x upgrade is focused almost entirely on user experience, look and feel :) Also, has your firm looked into Advanced Workflow? It is far more stable and reliable than the predecessor. Email me at mschneider@sugarcrm.com with any and all questions anytime! Martin Schneider Head of Product Evangelism, SugarCRM

MB

Marie B.

Medical Devices,

Office Manager

Since the last update our page has too much blank space. We were told there is nothing we could do about it. I think we should be able to Bold words and or sentences. Also, We used to be able to copy and past and it does not allow that anymore.

Pros

There does not see be a lot of down time. In other words it is very seldom out of service. The format is good since we can customize it. Customer service is fast, professional and courteous.

Cons

We should be able to BOLD or Underline . We need more color options. We need to be able to highlight within our comment section. We cannot cut and paste like we used to be able to do.

Ifeoma O.

1,001-5,000 employees

Sugar is opensource and I love it.

Pros

SugarCRM is opensource this gives myself and the technical department in my organization the freedom to develop on this platfrom , without being hindered by technology ,programming language or a restricted API. Sugar effectively manages every communication we have with sales leads and customers. Over the years ,we have been able to tweak Sugar to work with our internal sales process , thus everyone in the sales and marketing department is glad to work with our in-house improved CRM - Sugar.

Cons

The user interface is outdated ,obviously since it is open source ; it didn't come as a surprise to me. However ,barring this ; the sales department works effectively with Sugar.

Gabriel B.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Too many functionalities

It's a really complete tool for CRM management, it's clear on what are the basics, but to get more benefits on the added value the propose you need to deep dive into the different layers of the software. Overall is very easy to use.

Pros

It has a lot of features that give an holistic way of keeping track of customers leads, also it has multi device interfaces which makes it amazing for on the run salespersons.

Cons

too many functionalities that you don't really use, I think because of a lack of education on the software. Also the exporting files need to be fixed on format and layout.

BF

Brad F.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

As simple or as complex as you want, Sugar CRM works great

Having used both the on-site version and the cloud-based version, I can honestly say that Sugar can adapt to any environment for any possible restrictions. Like all CRM, it does have its learning curve, but once you get the hang of it you find that you can do all of your CRM related tasks and management fairly easily and quickly. That you can write custom code for it was a huge plus for us, and when we updated to the newest version, Sugar Support was of tremendous help getting our old code to work with the new version. All in all, Sugar CRM is pretty great. If you're considering using CRM, give Sugar a try, you may be surprised.

Pros

Customization.

Cons

The learning curve.

George D.

Printing, 11-50 employees

For me, it was Salesforce vs. Sugar CRM. SugarCRM is half the cost, and does the same job.

I run my entire company using this CRM system.

Pros

Very flexible and easy to edit. Fast response time on queries (I use the OnDemand cloud version). Good support for SugarCRM staff. And there are many integrations and plugins that enhance the experience.

Cons

Lot of 3rd party integrations and customizations can "break" as Sugar goes through upgrades. The Word and Outlook Add-ins are a bit awkward and time consuming -- but they do work as advertised. Sometime there is constant re-logging in to make them work.