All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SugarCRM

Customizable customer relationship management software

SugarCRM Reviews

Pros

It's very affordable and it's ability to have customizations is really helpful. There are a lot of hidden features that can be useful, but are hard to figure out if you are new to using a CRM.

Jenna W.

Victoria G.

Read the full review
There are many of reasons why I enjoyed working with SugarCRM. The most enjoyable feature was the ability to input data, save the feature as an report and name it.

Petrina E.

Dominic R.

Read the full review
At the time, Sugar had a Community Edition (free) that you could host on your own LAMP stack... but they wanted to make more money, so they stopped development of that edition, and now it's dead.

Read the full review
The worst part of this software is its complexity.

Excellent Community CRM

SugarCRM Community edition has been a great daily driver for my music business. It's reliable, and has enough functionality to enable me to record all the key data that I need. The ability to self-host the platform is fantastic, because it helps keep costs down, and when you work on a small-scale, you don't need all of the processing power of a paid hosted solution. Definitely a great option if you have the savvy to install and maintain your own instance on your web server.

Pros

I used the self-hosted community CRM for several years for my own music business. It has a ton of functionality that matches a lot of the basic features you find in Salesforce Classic. It's a great tool for keeping track of client data, deal tracking, etc. It's also nice to be able to self-host the platform as well as it's a lot more affordable than using a paid SaaS solution.

Cons

SugarCRM Community Edition looks pretty dated. If you don't have a lot of experience with the typical CRM data model concept, it can be hard to figure out how to use the system. The interface could be modernized to make it easier to navigate and find your way around. Another downside to being the Community Edition is that you need to know how to install and maintain the platform on your own server, but this is also a plus if you do have these skills.

Indeed a great CRM with effective results

Overall my experience with this CRM is great. I am using it daily and I can say that my daily work is incomplete without it. It is so simple to use and provides amazing results for reports and dashboards, their customer's support team is very responsive.

Pros

I am using it for more than three years and like almost everything about it. This CRM is very easy to use because of its simple design and easy to use user interface. I like the way SugarCRM provides reports and dashboards which is very easy to understand. SugarCRM provides secruity of data and information and now I can handle the different campaigns, create a different campaign for anyone and even get a complete picture of it very easily.

Cons

I would like to highlight one thing that I dislike about it which is its overall cost. A small organization may not afford this CRM but overall it is worth to spend on it.

SugarCRM Review - Walz Scale

We have been using Sugar for several years, but only in the past six months have we really dug down to fully utilize the software. The tool is fairly simple to use, I like the reporting functions, but the feedback I get from my sales team is that it is just 'clunky' to use. I'll give you one little example. For the Opportunity 'Actual Closed Won' date, I found through coming across some bad sales data...

Pros

I like the Online (sugar on demand) that allows Sugar Support to get into your software and look and something you may be struggling with, like reports...

Cons

Design is little clunky. Think with some improvements, it might be easier to convert leads, update opportunities. Need less clicks!

Ok application, better, cheaper alternatives exist

It is an OK application, Sugar has stood still in time and, when you consider the app out of the box, its pretty much standard. Sugar has divided its stack into various products for marketing, for sales, for support only making it a very expensive when you consider other options in the market

Pros

Very stable, solid easy to use, administer Easy to implement and deploy Reporting is good and allows fro complex reports to be built

Cons

It has not changed in a looong time (perhaps years?) For the functionality, it is expensive - better options exist Marketing is poor (unless you go for Sugar marketing apps which are expen$ive!)

The Pros and Cons of Sugar

Overall, I really enjoyed Sugar and think it would be a great fit (especially for the lower price point!) for marketing and advertising agencies that are looking to build out custom flows. Their customer care team was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, and I really enjoyed working with them.

Pros

The SugarCRM team was incredibly helpful and supportive during our decision between various CRMs we were testing out, namely Salesforce and SugarCRM. They were flexible, accommodating and had amazing customer service throughout the process, even willing to develop new APIs to integrate with our proprietary billing system 90% of our clients were on. I really enjoyed the visuals of Sugar - as all the bells and whistles were there, but it didn't seem overwhelming (as Salesforce can) and it's geared more towards marking service teams, like my division of the business. I also really find the dashboard visuals to be superior to Salesforce. Overall, the price point was better than Salesforce, too.

Cons

Since Sugar is geared towards marketing and sales teams, it wasn't a great fit for the other teams within our organization (i.e. one-time products like printing, etc.). Though workflows are cleaner and more intuitive than Salesforce, there wasn't quite as many bells and whistles (i.e. it was difficult to build in processes that involved external teams that we outsource to).

Complete CRM Tool with Analytics Integration

I have been able to solve the business problem of tracking new prospects who eventually became customers, which channels drove that new customer acquisition and how much revenue those new customers generated. As well as, providing insights to my marketing team around which customers are planning to quit so they can try running some nurture campaigns to avoid losing those on-the-fence customers. In short, SugarSell helped improve both quantity and quality of customer leads at low cost.

Pros

As an analyst, I use SugarSell to track new prospects who submit become a customer form to become customers of my food service company. The feature I find most productive is the ability of SugarSell software to assign a source of website, social, email, sales representative, campaign, etc. and track customer journey from acquisition to conversion. As well as, integrate with Salesforce Marketing Cloud...

Cons

I struggled with adding a new source of voice assistant, chatbot and mobile app to SugarSell CRM reporting tool. Because it needed additional development resources who could modify implementation code. The second source of challenge was not easily able to connect Google Analytics UTM campaigns tracking with SugarSell CRM leads tracking. So, it was difficult to correlate the two data sources to each other in a single table using a common key and build a marketing data lake. Similar concerns existed when trying to bring CRM data, campaigns data and invoice sales data from MicroStrategy into one warehouse. So, it will be nice if SugarSell added some big data enhancement capabilities to their tool.

The new Sugar can go head to head and surpass the greats

As a marketer, I use Sugar to track how our leads and contacts interact with our marketing content, as we've integrated the CRM with Sugar Market, our marketing automation software.

Pros

Customization - pretty much anything you want to achieve with CRM can be done with Sugar, regardless of company size or industry. Integrations - Sugar can be connected to a vast library of software with out-of-the-box and partner-built integrations.

Cons

The admin panel can be improved from a UI/UX point of view. It's one of the areas where Sugar hasn't been updated in a while.

Automated lead acquisition tracker

My overall experience with SugarSell has been satisfactory. Because I was able to achieve my core business objective of tracking new prospects interested in becoming my customers and targeting them with marketing campaigns to retain them for the long term. Once I am able to perfectly integrate leads data with Google Analytics sessions data and connect the dots between submitting the become a customer form to account login and products engagement as well as conversions, I will find more value inSugarSell tool.

Pros

I use SugarSell software to track new customer leads for my e-commerce business. When I run a report on new leads, I want to know name of the customer, email address, which country that customer belongs to, etc. All these vital parameters are captured by SugarSell. It also assigns a unique identifier called web id to every new prospect who submits the become a customer form. So, there are no duplicate leads in the same report. Using information gathered form SugarSell reports, I am able to run nurture campaigns to retain the new customers by providing a user friendly experience and targeted coupons. This strategy has helped me improve quality of my leads who are engaged and returning often to buy more of my items.

Cons

When I started using SugarSell leads acquisition software, I had to get used to its interface and features. So, folks who don't have analytical or technical background, there is a sharp learning curve. After I got used to the interface, I had to work with implementation team to configure the software to meet my custom business needs around reporting and targeting. Plus, it was extra effort to integrate lead submission data with Google Analytics customer session data. Hence, be prepared to invest more of your budget into customizing the tool and maximizing its potential. Then only you can improve your ROI.

Vote is out on this software

We tried using this for months to track a specific product line and to manage our leads and contact information. That product line went away and so did the regular use of this product. We have it as a "back up" for our next test product line, but I'm not sure this is the best choice for us.

Pros

I got the software because it was free. That's always a good thing. At first glance, it seemed like it would be easy to use and an inexpensive fix to a client tracking problem in a new division.

Cons

Difficult to navigate and figure out how it worked. There was no customer service to call on and google searches for fixes proved fruitless. (this may be because we had the free version but if you want to sell me on a product and get me to upgrade, I need to be able to use it)

Interesting CRM option with both cloud and on-premises options

SugarCRM was enough for our internal needs and I would consider it again on further CRM implementations if needed.

Pros

It has an interesting and easy to understand workflow automation set of tools that makes it easy to understand and train users.

Cons

They used to have a community (free) edition that was officially ended few years ago and the current options can be not affordable for some companies.

Great For Sales and Leads Tracking, Leaves Much to Be Desired with Support Case Management

I've used SugarCRM a great deal in current and previous employers, and have always been thrilled with the sales tools that SugarCRM has, and the great ability for customizations, not to mention the continuing updates for each version. Their customer support team is top notch and very helpful for the most part, and there has been very little downtime, allowing all our teams to use the product successfully. If...

Pros

Sales tools, lead tracking tools, reporting features are second to none Module builder is fantastic and very customizable.

Cons

Case management tools are lacking to a high degree, very dated

SugаrCRM: Bооst yоur busіnеss

Thе Sugаr рlаtfоrm wоrks vеry wеll аnd іs quіtе sсаlаblе асrоss оrgаnіzаtіоns оf аll sіzеs.

Pros

Eхсеllеnt dаtаbаsе systеm. Cаn bе соріеd tо оthеr sеrvеrs. Custоm fіеlds. Abіlіty tо lіnk CRM dаtа tо dеаls. Gооd usеr іntеrfасе. Wе usе SugаrCRM аs оur рrіmаry tооl іn trасkіng аррlісаtіоns, dеtеrmіnіng еlіgіbіlіty, аnd mаnаgіng раymеnts fоr сhіldrеn іn рublісly fundеd рrеsсhооl рrоgrаms. Althоugh іt wаs рrіmаrіly dеsіgnеd аs а sаlеs tооl, wе usе іt lеss аs fоr sаlеs (gіvеn thаt wе аrе nоt а sаlеs оrgаnіzаtіоn) аnd mоrе аs а rеlаtіоnshір mаnаgеmеnt аnd ассоuntіng tооl. Wе hаvе а vеry smаll tеаm (10 реорlе tоtаl), but wе аll usе Sugаr оn а dаіly bаsіs.

Cons

Rеаlly, rеаlly fіnd іt а hаsslе (аt lеаst rіght nоw) tо synс Sugаr wіth оur mаrkеtіng аutоmаtіоn sоftwаrе. Wе usе а 3rd раrty API аs оur соnnесtоr bеtwееn thе twо systеms but I fіnd glіtсhеs іn іt thаt соnсеrn mе аnd mаkе mе wоndеr іf аll my іnfоrmаtіоn іs bеіng ассurаtеly trаnsmіttеd аnd mаtсhеd uр. Sugаr wаsn't vеry іntuіtіvе whеn I fіrst bеgаn usіng іt. Wе rесеntly hаd а 3rd раrty соmе іn tо rеdеsіgn thе systеm fоr us аnd оnсе іt wаs сustоmіzеd, іt wаs muсh bеttеr. Sеаrсh funсtіоn dоеsn't аlwаys sееm tо wоrk іn thе tор nаv bаr- frustrаtіng whеn I'm tryіng tо fіnd sоmеthіng fаst аnd dоn't wаnt tо gо іntо а mоdulе tо dо іt.

Bargain paid open source CRM with lots of power

In my opinion, one of the top two open source CRM apps. A responsive web interface which works the same on all smartphones tablets laptops and desktop computers, no app required. The CRM of choice used by many upstart aggressive disruptive companies of all sizes. Highly cost effective, and expandable with tons of third party PHP modules available from the SugarOutfitters app store, such as connectors to your phone system, document system, marketing automation, reports, social media, etc. A complete bargain when compared with the usual salesforce which runs inside a restricted environment. Way more customizable because you have the wide ranging freedom of adding the latest innovations of PHP code to strengthen and automate your CRM.

Pros

Open source roots. Benefits from the rising tide of PHP innovations which let you keep up to date by adding new modules for a very affordable prices. There is a massive community of PHP developers available to help build custom modules for you for cheap prices, if you don't have PHP programming skills.

Cons

It can take some time to get used to how to use it. Also, it's too bad the free SugarCRM CE (Community Edition) version 6.5.25 is somewhat outdated, and updated only to fix security bugs. Although, it's about 75% the same features as the paid current version of SugarCRM Pro 7.8.

SugarCRM for great for the marketing emails.

SugarCRM is so great software because it really help us to taking our sales process more faster. It really allow the small business companies to track sales, invoices, bills and market to our customers in a better way. This CRM is so easy to use just because of its great users interface. Hence, SugarCRM software makes my life so much easier.

Pros

SugarCRM is one of the best marketing platform which really help small business to grow faster and that's why it is also known as the business market smarter software. The best thing about this software is that it always provide the best customer relationships marketing software. We have been use the SugarCRM software foor the sales and marketing purpose because it has the great ability to customization's. Hence, the users interface is very responsive and the well designed.

Cons

The first obvious thing I don't like about this software is that SugarCRM does not have a users-friendly users interface software. The another problem that we faced is that it take a lot of time to setup the everything but the documentations is always great. When we started using this software then we don't find the file manager as so intuitive.

Even the free version is great, with nice custom reporting capabilities.

Sugar allowed us to consolidate a few disparate software tools into one - now any one at our organization can login and see all there is to know about any of our customers!

Pros

Sugar is SUPER customizable. We've been able to easily make it ours (some via the UI, some "behind the scenes" via scripts). One of the best features are the custom reports. You can do almost SQL-level queries to get the information you want (and if you wish, you can use MySQL as well on the back end.) The ability to build multi-level dropdowns, e.g. to categorize issues, is great too. You can make almost anything you want appear on any screen you wish as well.

Cons

The built-in issue tracking part is designed for issues reported by your team - not for issues reported by your customers. We do use it for customer support, and we LOVE being able to see issues customers have had when we pull up their records - but the emails they receive are not well designed, even after considerable work on our part. In addition, we can't provide them with a login to see all their open issues, so they have to ask us.

A good open source CRM, but lacking modernization

It allowed us as a small business to track, bill, and market to our customers and potential customers.

Pros

Of course you can't beat free when it comes to software. There are so many open-source applications out there that you can almost always find one that meets your needs in this day and age. SugarCRM has been around a long time and has become a mature CRM with all the basics you'd expect. It even handles customization fairly well. Dashboards are great for tracking the simply stuff and you can build your own as well.

Cons

SugarCRM has now split into 2 tracks. There's a paid-for premium version that is typically hosted by SugarCRM. Then there's the Community Edition that's still open-source and free. For years they co-existed side-by-side perfectly fine, but a few years back, SugarCRM decided to stop updating the Community Edition. CE is eternally stuck on version 6.5. And then in April 2018, they've removed it entirely so now you're stuck with the Pro or Enterprise editions which are paid-for.

Sugar was one of my first forays into the world of CRM and covers all the basics

I learned how to work a CRM. I kept track of all customer records, ranging from revenue and profit and order amount and contact list and order dates and essentially everything related to my job operationally as a purchasing coordinator. Definitely made my life easier.

Pros

Very customizable to your needs. Straightforward, no nonsense UI. Easy to read and find things. Sugar is a perfect entry into CRMs that aren't salesforce, because its useful across all industries and departments. Its simple while being complex. You can create functions and layouts that are very specific to your needs, but without it cluttering and looking like there's a lot of information.

Cons

Its not very pretty. Sort of looks like it was made in the early 200s and they just kept the look since. People are always talking about professionalism, and this definitely looks less polished than other CRMs. Because of this, some of the information can blend together and be difficult to find if there are long lists of things you are looking for.

I have made product configurations for a company that provides technical consulting services

Management of all information related to customers and sales in a single software in a centralized manner that can be accessed by any type of device in real time, providing valuable information for decision making made by the management controls

Pros

The tool is intuitive and very easy to use, there is the option to use the cloud in a private server or use the software tool as a service, it has a variety of modules to carry out the management of clients, such as sales, marketing campaigns, opportunities, potential customers, everything related to meetings and appointments to be carried out by sales executives, among others. It has a module to carry...

Cons

It has a module to record tasks, which can be used for assigning different activities to employees, in this part you may be able to add some type of SLA and in this way to measure the time it takes for users to complete tasks according to the assignment date and the SLAs registered for a specific type of task. Workflows are very basic for the professional version

SugarCRM Review

One of the main benefits is having the mobile app that SugarCRM provides this helped to get us data and information at our fingertips when needed. Sugar is reasonably priced, has pretty good user-friendly interfaces and requires just a little training to get used to it. It's more suitable for mid-sized companies.

Pros

SugarCRM functioned well for storing prospect and customer information. I was able to load new contacts into the system without much hassle. Our company is able to adjust the system software to fit our specific needs with ease simply by reaching out to the support team.

Cons

We wanted to explore other CRM options it was nearly impossible for me, from a user standpoint, to export all of our information. We were coming up on the end of our trial and stood to lose all of our data and I couldn't figure out how to export it. Difficult to do filters as well. I didn't like the format for leads to accounts to sales. Pipeline is also difficult to follow.

Best CRM I've Ever Used

Starting at $30/user/month - this is by far the best value I've seen on the market for sales and marketing CRM software. It's not Salesforce.com which is a good thing because Sugar is easier to implement, easier to use, a fraction of the price, and does just about everything that higher end systems can do if you're creative and work with a partner to tailor the application to your business like we did.

Pros

We are a Sugar CRM reseller but this review is from my perspective as a user of this fantastic software. Most CRM is the same functionally - manage accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc. But what sets Sugar apart from the rest of them are three fundamental things: 1. Simplicity - Sugar CRM is clean. It's super easy to get any information you need without needing your IT guy to build you a custom...

Cons

We are using the hosted, On Demand version which limits our access to source modifications (somewhat). We have been able to work around all of these so far. If we get to a point where we need more access to modify the underlying program we can always bring the product in-house and customize to our hearts content. There have been a few minor bugs that we've found - certainly no more than we had in our previous CRM system but Sugar's support team had them resolved - almost immediately!

Sugar CRM Review

Sugar seemed like a really awesome CRM with exciting features, but it was very time consuming to make sure everything was in and done correctly that it just became a headache and took focus off of selling.

Pros

Sugar had a lot of cool features that I had not seen in other crm's I've used in the past. When they worked, it allowed me to quickly see my month and goals and see what I had in my pipeline still. Also, it was fairly easy to use while driving in the car between appointments and quickly type in a review of what I met with the accounts about.

Cons

Quit often the software features that we nice to have were either not accurate or not working. The idea of having it was nice but it was annoying when I had no idea what was correct with my numbers. Also, it took quite a long time to find certain accounts and many of them were duplicated in the system and you must pay close attention to the account number to make sure it was the right one. Also, putting in tasks and calls were done separately so our management team required that we basically put in one contact with an account twice to make sure it was on our calendar and the pipeline.

Easy to implement, easy to customize, product support is OUTSTANDING

Better Customer Satisfaction from effective management of touch points. Sales productivity because they spend less time doing "paperwork" and more time selling. Effective management of RGA process, Special Quotes, Purchasing, mailing literature, tracking sales activity.

Pros

Built-in development tool (Studio) and the Advanced Workflow Manager. One can have a functional, useful, robust, effective, CRM running within an hour. Getting started by importing Accounts and Contacts is easy and the software modules allows customization the meet specific business needs.

Cons

The Advanced Workflow Manager is still missing a few functions that were available in the "old" Workflow Manager. There is a plan to remove the prior Workflow, but its demise has been delayed until the SugarCRM folks fix the deficiencies.

Review of SugarCRM

Databases are complete and it definitely solved some issues with sales pipeline tracking. The software is extremely expensive to customize using certified Sugar partners, it's not intuitive enough to customize in-house. The system does not do everything that was advertised to us

Pros

There is a lot of potential here, it is possible to create automated business processes, highly customizable reports, and creates high visibility of sales pipeline.

Cons

You really need to be a basic-intermediate level programmer to customize this software in house. Sales rep told us the mobile app would auto log both incoming and outgoing calls. There is no way to auto-log incoming calls and it will only auto-log outgoing calls if you use the app to make the call. In addition the training provided was not comprehensive and going to an outside company to assist with problems, set up or any other technical support is extremely expensive. They give you just enough rope to hang yourself.

Great CRM, but the FREE version is the best

The main benefits I got from this software was the ability to keep my contacts all in one place. It was excellent in scheduling tasks, creating contacts, assigning tasks, etc.

Pros

The thing I liked best about the Sugar CRM Community Edition that is free is that our developers could customize it for our company and add great features, something we can't do with the big name CRM solutions.

Cons

The thing I like the least about this software is it is very limited in features which makes their competitors a better bargain. Additionally, the functionality can be off. For example, our developers had difficulty incorporating some features into their free CE because of bugs. I have heard from others the paid version is overpriced, not worth it, and there are other better options out there.

Good CRM Tool - Self hosted using a Windows/SQL stack.

It has worked well and really empowered our sales process. For the first time, we are able to easily see where a pursuit is in the sales process. Overall, it has increased our team selling and made communication more efficient across the selling team. Sugar has a good base and framework to build out marketing automation, which is driving better market awareness and sales than before.

Pros

Sugar is easily customized and the option to host on-site is not available by a lot of other CRM providers. We are able to synchronize a lot of data from our existing business software easily by directly accessing the SQL database. With the cloud version, we would have had to write code utilizing the CRM API to synchronize everything. Building all of that would have been significantly more expensive for us. From both the Admin and user perspectives, the software is very easy to learn and intuitive. Our users are very happy with the new software and easy it is to use.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.