Smartsheet Reviews

4.32/5 (548 reviews)

Kimberly Peña

Greatest Mastersheet of them all!

Reviewed 2018-06-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Smartsheet is portable tool - downloadable Smartsheet App. I can access it anywhere and any device I like, most especially when I'm in a call and I need to access my Smartsheet I just use my phone. The best way to put your records either old records or new is to use the Smartsheet, it will keeps tracks and give you relevant results that make your business successful. I can say Smartsheet is my partner in life he give me what I want like to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, it's very helpful for our team to analyse and realize things that needs for improvement in terms of work.Smartsheet helps me do my work more easier and faster. I really appreciate how Smartsheet helps and understand what company needs. Best Application Ever! It's very easy to configure and display what you want to search even if the data storage is so large, it can still be on the right track that you looking for. For my project that have a lot of campaigns, I can easily group all my tasks on what ever priority level, and the corresponding deadline for the task. It's one of the basics that is bigger plus to every business man out there. Moreover, each row may display emails stored within it, files attached to it, with a discussion board connected to the task. I'm always excited and thankful every time it resolves any updates, notifies interested staff, and tracks of document versions, sending alerts for approaching deadlines.

Andrew Kruger

Smartsheet has the perfect balance between usability and feature set

Reviewed 2016-09-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Not as complicated and cumbersome as MS Project, which tries too hard to apply complicated logic to your project plans. Smartsheet simply gives you the ability to create plans of any level of complexity. Conditional formatting allows easy review of start/finish dates and who is assigned what. Collaboration is easy and effective as you can share with different levels of permission, and export only those elements you want others to see and work with. Having the product in the cloud makes access simple and reliable. Only once in 3 years have I not been able to access my project plan immediately, and even then it was up within 5 minutes. Easy to learn and train others on, so you can bring collaborators in quickly. Easy to edit as it uses all the intuitive elements of cut/paste and drag/drop. Vendor has been helpful when needed, but mostly in the background which is what I want. I just need functioning software and a place to go for help, not endless tips and promotions.

Erich Schmidt

A functional hybrid of project management software and excel

Reviewed 2018-01-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Smartsheet is fantastic if you are a project manager or anyone that tracks things collaboratively. I use it daily to keep track of projects. It is like google sheets but has much more functionality with a unique blend of project management flavors. It is easy and intuitive once you get the hang of it, and doubly so if you are accustomed to using google sheets. Even if your teammates don't have licenses, you can invite them to look at and collaborate with your project, add comments, attachments, and even alerts. As an applicant tracker, I use it to keep track of new hires. We attach their new hire paperwork to the smartsheet (instead of emailing sensitive documents) and other HR members can go in and look and progress, check off when they do their part (benefits orientation, enter into payroll etc) so i can keep track of where the employee is in the process.

Kelsey Berg

Smartsheet is an amazing tool to keep projects moving along!

Reviewed 2017-09-05

Smartsheet allowed me to personally increase the project management aspect of my role. It also allowed me to quickly and efficiently manage and update campaigns, content calendars and other key pieces of our marketing organization to keep projects moving forward.Smartsheet is my all time favorite marketing software! Not only can you include and integrate project management, sales and other departmental functions but for marketing alone Smartsheet allows you to easily manage campaigns, events, content calendars, website and allows for initiative tracking (i.e. - results). Within each of these functions, you can assign users who are in charge of projects, enhance the internal communications by parties seeing where one is in the process and collaborate amongst many different departments. It truly allows for multiple business functions to be able to come together in one place for a strong marketing, sales and project management platform.

Myca Alford

Multi-functional Tool for Project Management

Reviewed 2018-02-08
Review Source: Software Advice

One of my team members was able to create a content calendar for a broad editorial group within the platform and it worked great and had excellent adoption from a cross-functional team. Vet it carefully for your particular needs before making an investment -- SS has a lot to offer for the right projects.SmartSheet provides a lot of great features: easy-to-use "card view", quick Gantt charts and easy entry of tasks. I really like the simplicity of the tool as it feels very much like Excel at first blush. The two levels of access -- one for power users and one for light editors -- helps keep the tool in a very affordable price range. I absolutely love the ability to create a web intake form within minutes that can be published live for use without a login to the system. The form is highly configurable and is a great way to grab structured feedback or details from individuals.

Mike Gigante

Makes my life SO much easier

Reviewed 2016-12-05

I have been using Smartsheet for over three years and absolutely love it. As a project manager, it is difficult to run a project through Microsoft Project and still have the entire team able to see and/or update the plan. Smartsheet allows full control over who can see, who can edit and who can share the project plan. It allows team members to make status updates and pull reports. It is MSProject functionality with MSExcel ease of use. And being cloud based, it is device independent and your team members do not have to own a copy of the software to see the plans. In the past, I would need to create my project plan in MS Project, but export to Excel or PDF in order to share with team members who did not have an MS Project license. That was very time consuming and usually required some re-formatting. Smartsheet solves those problems and allows more efficient collaboration. I pay for it out of my pocket I like it so muchDevice independence and cloud storage allow for full-team collaboration without purchasing extra copies of an application.

Brad Jones

It works, people like it, and it's easy to use.

Reviewed 2016-10-03

My company uses Smartsheet for project tracking of multi-year projects across several continents, time zones, and team functionalities. I've been using the product for about nine months, and even while I feel like I understand it well and am reaching the productivity I seek, I still keep learning more features that it has to offer. So far it has been really great for us, as it allows so many options for you, but does not require that you have to wade through them all just to get a simple task done. So many platforms offer crazy amounts of features and KPIs, of which 80% go unused, but in order to do what you want you have to go through menu after menu after menu (cough SAP cough). The simple Excel-style interface is what really makes the difference for our teams. They see something that looks familiar, and they feel more comfortable with it. It's easy for them to enter data (just like Excel), and the learning curve is gentle. Most of my teams got up and running in about a week, and that's really something! It's quickly becoming the go-to tool for so many of the old things we used to manage through Excel and Outlook. The best part is that the features are not "in the way" of your working. If you need task management, project management, log books, alerts, etc. this tool can do it. And, because it's so easy to share and publish, teams can work with others quickly, easily, and with a nice record of who did what. That's one of my favorite features about it. Each cell has a history that you can view, so you can see all the changes, who made them, and at what time. It's a really powerful feature. And, to cap it off, the support team is really great. They're putting out developments all the time, and actively seek feedback from their community for said developments. I would recommend to anyone who wants to have an all in one work collaboration platform that's easy for their team to use, unless you want each team member to spend 9 months studying the platform before they can do even the most basic functions. Almost forgot the price. This software costs a fraction of what other software costs. We have close to 260 people using the platform, editing and viewing the sheets. Yet, we pay less for the YEARLY Smartsheet Team Plan than we pay to another software company so that one single user can have access for 6 months, and many of the features between the two are duplicated.

Anonymous

Use it daily. Good collaboration and general usability.

Reviewed 2018-01-11

Good stuff, if not better than I think it is. I like that I can give anything to anyone and control how much input they can have with it. I do enjoy that I can share files out with anyone. I like that they can edit and I can see them immediately. The workspace is clean and it is far more powerful than I need it for. I'm sure I could get tricky with it and make it do flips and jumps, but I have heretofore not needed to make it do that.

Anonymous

Does a few things very well indeed

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Smartsheet would not deny they are little more than a glorified spread sheet, but what they lack in sophistication they make up for in flexibility. There is a good reason so many office workers end up building ad-hoc tracking and analysis tools in Excel. It is simple enough and flexible enough you can throw something together quickly for a wide variety of needs. Smartsheet takes this to the next level allowing users to quickly build lists and data driven sheets, link them together in interesting ways, and then gives them simple tools to share and collaborate with others. The additional of a Gantt chart and Kanban board view of item lists allows teams to quickly develop a simple set of tools to manage projects and collaborate. For many small teams, this may be all they need.

Michael Berman

Great cloud based replacement for Microsoft Project

Reviewed 2018-04-19
Review Source: Software Advice

This is a blend of Project, Excel and Confluence. So much easier to use than Project with much more useful functionality. The ability to assign tasks to people and have them add the detail of when and how it was completed is awesome - especially since it doesn't require any training as you can setup email check boxes. The ability to attach 10 files to each line is amazing - especially if the deliverable is a file. It's also very similar in appearance and use as excel - something almost everyone is comfortable with typing into. You can also interact with 3rd parties easily - giving them access to view, edit, respond, attach, etc. on projects. Multiple people are also able to interact in the sheet at the same time!

Anonymous

Smartsheet is the ultimate data collection tool that is user friendly.

Reviewed 2018-07-15

I love that SmartSheet allows for multiple tabs to organize data. You can also choose who has access to certain tabs. I also find the feature of attaching documents, images and notes EXTREMELY useful in the work that I do. We compile lots of information/documents on person's files that we work with, and we can include all of the information in 1 place, and anyone can add notes and information to the person's file. This is extremely useful for documentation among many people who are interacting with a customer we have. It is also easy to access and use from the iPhone app, which allows me to be more efficient as I am often on-the-go with clients and do not have my computer out.

Sam U.

I use SmartSheet for project management

Reviewed 2018-04-11

It's great software, kind of like a cross between Excel and an online project management platform. If you've worked with spreadsheet software in the past, it will feel intuitive. It has a ton of features that are excellent for project management and team work. Some of my favorite features are update requests (you can send an update request to anyone in your organization and it will ask them to update you on their progress in the context of your sheet or a cell within your sheet), as well as scheduling helpers and functions like SUM, AVERAGE, etc. I use it for keeping track of my scientific data AND managing my projects. Really great tool!

Kristen Silvan

Smartsheet - The Smart Option

Reviewed 2018-01-17
Review Source: Software Advice

This program can do anything... the set up is the most difficult part which is typical for any new program. Take the time to set it up correctly and enjoy the benefits later!This program is so easy to use... it is basically a live excel sheet. I love it because multiple people can work on the page at a time. It tracks all of the changes and have I said that it is EASY TO USE! No training necessary. There is also a mobile app that could use some updating but is usable! The collaboration that you can do with this program is amazing for someone in my field, construction. It brings together the office and the field seamlessly and makes tracking progress on anything a breeze! I love smartsheet!

J. Alexander Colley

I call this 'excel spreadsheet on steroids.' If you need to save a lot of files, this is a must have

Reviewed 2018-04-05

A cloud based storage program with a spreadsheet format. Ability to share with members of your team and collaborate is spectacular if that fits your need. You can set alerts to notify you when someone else on your team makes a change to a task, and you can quickly move large groups of data or files from one sheet to another by simply selecting them and clicking 'move rows to another sheet.' This will move the row AND all attachments in one quick step. Unlimited file storage in this cloud based system. You can basically create a spreadsheet that has limitless functionality. Upload files, photos, data, and keep a communication log. You can even use this program as a CRM if you want.

Marissa Benner

Affordable collaborative tool for small teams

Reviewed 2017-06-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Our team adopted this almost 2 years ago and are still using it extensively. Not everyone in the organization likes the tools and some refuse to get on it, but those of us who use it have found it a valuable tool for collaboration within our team and also between several departments.Ease of use - very similar to Excel in functionality while operating as a database. Collaboration - easy to use simultaneously as other team members, track changes, and maintain up to date info. Data links to Excel make complicated spreadsheets/dashboards link to collaborative site easier.

Julie Brooks

Smartsheet helps keep me organized and on task

Reviewed 2017-04-22

I have been using Smartsheets for a couple of years. We have been able to embed price sheets for online website that are dynamically updated; use sheets to collect RSVP for events and have the totals linked to a sheet that totals and sends alerts to several people for follow up. The feature of linking to Outlook makes it so easy to add a task to a sheet without ever having to leave Outlook. New features are released often and keep improving the product. I would highly recommend Smartsheet.The integration with Outlook so I can upload a task received in an email so information is all in one place and I can set alerts so I don't miss a deadline.

Casey Gayer

Smartsheet is a useful project management tool

Reviewed 2018-02-01
Review Source: Software Advice

Automatic alerts and updates that can be created by any number of factors, a great time saver for notifications and communication. Each cell also has a history so information isn't ever lost.

Anonymous

Smartsheet gives our team a way to track & monitor ongoing projects via a shared document.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Shared team organization for project lists, etc.Smartsheet has some extra "data" that you can add to your lists -- like NOTES. The notes list who entered them -- which is very helpful on multi-user lists. Being able to add attachments and "rank" line items is also a huge benefit. Our team has also found that each of us prefers to look at the documents in a different order -- which SmartSheet accommodates. It only takes a few clicks to get the list re-ordered how you want to see it.

Robin Wiley

Reviewed 2017-12-29

The top feature of Smartsheet for my job is the ability to have multiple users in the same spreadsheet making changes. Before using smartsheet we always had to remind other users to exit out of the spreadsheet so that someone else could go in and add lines. Being able to make changes to the spreadsheet when someone else is in it is a huge plus for our work. I also like the ease of use. We got the software for that one spreadsheet but I now use it for all my spreadsheets.

Anonymous

Great collaboration tool company wide!

Reviewed 2018-03-16

We love Smartsheet. It is an easy way for us to stay organized and on top of all of our projects.We love using Smartsheet as it has given our company the ability to collaborate on projects with on and offsite employees from all of our different facilities. This is also a great tool for creating alerts and assigning tasks to those working on specific projects. Smartsheet also offers great reporting functions to grab information from multiple sheets.

Smartsheet - Excel on Steroids

Reviewed 2018-07-10

What I like most about smart sheet are actually two items tied for first. The ease of use is amazing. Probably the simplest method I have used to turn a basic schedule in a Gantt Chart. The 2nd would be the platform. Not only is there the website which we use throughout the office, but the android app is invaluable. Everybody in our firm is linked into Smartsheet for collaboration from the president in his office, to our delivery driver on the road.

Cara McDonald

Best project-level project management tool out there.

Reviewed 2017-09-05
Review Source: Software Advice

So easy to use, it does all the basics that Excel does, but can easily share with collaborators. The workflow capabilities, with alerts, reminders and formatting keep everyone seamlessly on track. Being able to attach relevant items to the rows makes it so everything is kept in one place. And the web forms also coming in handy when managing materials, projects and people. I use it for everything from personal travel planning to complex budgeting for my business. Love it.

Jamie Manning

Review from POV of a Marketer

Reviewed 2017-12-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Smartsheet describes itself as having features for Marketing Teams. However, it does not take into account that, in general, Marketing Teams tend to think differently than more technical teams (e.g., IT). The application comes off as stiff and non-intuitive to those who live more on the right side of the brain. There are a tremendous number of PM applications in the market, many of which offer a workflow that is more in line with how Marketers think and work. However, if your team has a more technically-oriented mindset, Smartsheet certainly offers plenty of features that make the process of project management and collaboration more effective and efficient.The application is feature rich and offers substantial opportunities for interdepartmental collaboration. It works well as an enterprise-level project management and collaboration tool.

Anonymous

Use Smartsheet for Scheduling, Travel, sales tracking, online reporting and data management

Reviewed 2018-05-07

The Smartsheet application has a great customizable dashboard to it. Allowing for multiple departments to work together, focusing on goals and progress. We use the system to track remote sales teams, scheduling, document upload, travel arrangements, online reporting, as well as production tracking( ie contracts, where the job is in production, and if it was uploaded). The support staff is amazing and they really take the time to help asses your problem and work with you to get the issue resolved. They really make the system.

Alex Wyatt

Great tool, but somewhat limited spreadsheet capability (for those who go crazy with spreadsheets)

Reviewed 2017-09-07

The same as any project management tool, with the added benefit of it being spreadsheet-based. We can coordinate what we're doing, keep up-to-date with each other, and keep track of long-running projectsSolid support, fairly frequent updates, spreadsheet-based project management with collapsing hierarchies and the ability to reference "children" in formulas Our department is stocked with spreadsheet junkies, so it's the perfect way to visualize our projects