Zoho Cliq Reviews

Zoho Cliq

Team communication software

4.54/5 (46 reviews)

Pros
  • I love it, it's very complete, the calls and video calls are of great quality. You can use it with internal and external clients.Kary R.Read the full review
  • However, I have not had the best experience with Zoho customer service in general one time. Other times, I had a great experience.Elisa E.Read the full review
  • Easy UI and good mobile application. We can attach all kind of files.Hardik P.Read the full review
Cons
  • Sometimes, it can be confusing between groups and channels. Otherwise, no major problem.Ruby G.Read the full review
  • The lack of ability to delete or modify messages can be a potential problem.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • I miss the giphy feature that I used when my company used Slack.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Tanya Moulds

Obvious Choice for Zoho Users

Reviewed 2019-10-16

We use Zoho Cliq for our team communication. We have one on one chats, and group chats to keep in communication between all of our remote workers. As we don't see each other in person much, having a way to keep a rapport through chat is important to us. In addition we value quick messages to communicate information, or questions.

Pros
The integrated chat options into other zoho software makes this an obvious choice for zoho users. Ability to use emoji, gif, share files make this a versatile chat system for our team. The ability to search the history is helpful as well.

Cons
The mobile app can have a lot of input lag.

Happy we made the switched from Slack to Cliq

Reviewed 2020-05-12

Having one integrated solution across our company with all the Zoho products has been helpful. So far so good. There are a few things we miss from Slack but nothing that's a deal-breaker. The ability to integrate Bots and other Zoho services into Cliq is valuable like the Zoho Notebook and Taz, very helpful. Also, the deskbot integration so I can see all the Desk summaries from the entire team.

Pros
Since we integrated several Zoho products into our daily use it has helped streamline communications and integrate solutions into our e-Commerce website. Cliq allows us to search history without limits on messages and the "fork split" feature allows you to fork off a conversation into its own so it's easier to keep track.

Cons
The reply to post feature is nice but it's not as good as creating threads like Slack does to track one conversation so you have to get used to forking the conversations to keep them together. It's a good solution but I prefer the create thread feature in Slack. Also having to PIN contact names to quickly send DM isn't the best. I'm not sure why other users aren't listed in Contacts. The only other least favorite thing is how difficult it was for external users to access channels. You have to know in advance if a channel will need to be accessed by someone outside the organization.

Rick Powell

Solid team chat/collaboration app with an extensive development backend for customizations

Reviewed 2019-05-21

I was impressed with the opportunities for developers but not with the UX.

Pros
Cliq integrates well with other Zoho apps, particularly helpful in Contact. All the basic chat and collaboration features are there in a familiar user interface. It's possible for advanced users to create extensions, custom integrations, bots, and commands with a powerful development backend and make these customizations available throughout your organization and team.

Cons
Unless you're already using a bunch of Zoho apps there's no reason to switch from Slack, Flock, or Asana, which area already mature platforms. Compared to these other apps, particularly Flock, the UI is a bit obtuse and hard to get a clear overview of. I particularly disliked the double panes within a chat window (opening the settings for a bot, for example).

Elisa Eve

Easy to Use Communication

Reviewed 2020-02-13

Using cliq to improve communication within our company has helped a lot. However, I have not had the best experience with Zoho customer service in general one time. Other times, I had a great experience.

Pros
This is fantastic and easy to use communication software for within our company. It integrates seamlessly with other zoho applications and with other external applications. We have significantly increased productivity since using this.

Cons
There are some drawbacks, such as you are limited in character amounts that you can write for messages, but overall I like most of the features and it has improved over time. Another issue is that we cannot figure out how to integrate clients on to the platform without purchasing new user licenses. It was my understanding that you could have clients communicate as "visitors" within some particular channels in cliq that you designate but not have to be on a license. However, I have yet to be able to make this work.

Anonymous

Well integrated, versatile and easy to use chat software

Reviewed 2019-05-07

Communicating with Zoho Cliq feels effortless and intuitive. You can chat, make video/phone calls and more.

Pros
As a Zoho One User Zoho Cliq is a no brainer. It integrates incredibly well with the Zoho Suite and it's very easy to create new integrations with Zoho Creator. What I probably like best about Cliq is the 3 column layout that allows me to chat in 3 different chats at once.

Cons
The desktop app for Mac feels a bit like a browser version and has some quirks where you need to reload the app in order for it to work.

Zoho Cliq Review

Reviewed 2019-12-13

Zoho Cliq has provided us with a way of communicating company wide. Any user is fully capable of using the serve because of user friendly the service is.

Pros
What I like most about Zoho Cliq is how effortless staying connected is with all of the features that the software offers.

Cons
What I like least about Zoho Cliq is the cost basis the software offers for each employee to use and utilize the service.

Chris Rodrigues

Favorite tool in a Fully Featured Suite

Reviewed 2019-02-04

Staying up to date on current projects and communicating with my team has never been easier. I recommend to my colleagues all the time!

Pros
Quick and easy communication. Segmented to channels to keep things organized. Well made and designed clients for Desktop and Mobile use!

Cons
Can feel a bit bloated at times. There are plenty of settings to fiddle with but I haven't had the need to.

Ruby  Goyal

It is an amazing software to interact with your colleagues on both mobile and desktop.

Reviewed 2019-09-18

It has been good. I use it daily for all my professional communications.

Pros
Zoho Cliq is a great platform to interact with your colleagues. You can make groups and anyone can add or delete a person. You can send all types of documents and links to others easily. You can also chat with yourself and use it to save important links and docs. You can use this application on both desktop and smartphone.

Matt McLelland

Powerful, but daunting.

Reviewed 2019-01-03

Overall, It's a welcome upgrade from what we were using previously (Telegram). Our whole team is unified in one place and we're able to collaborate much more quickly.

Pros
As with all products in the Zoho One Suite, my favorite part is how deeply Cliq integrates with the rest of our tools. I get new messages for every new paid invoice, new leads in the CRM, new appointments with customers etc. It's deeply configurable and can do pretty much anything that Slack can do.

Cons
It's tedious to set up. Nothing Zoho makes is EASY out of the box. They take a bit of time to figure out and customize. Cliq is no different. We're still barely scratching the surface on what Cliq is capable of because we haven't invested the resources to figure out all the options!

Charles Turgeon

Easy way to chat through your company

Reviewed 2019-09-27

Simple, easy to learn and a great way to communicate with my colleagues.

Pros
If you use the Zoho suite, you should use Cliq. It easy to integrate and the learning curve is fast.

Cons
It work not so good with the GIFs and reaction on comment. However, if you only need to communicate like the old MSN, it does the work.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Slack-like chat, much cheaper and with some useful extra features

Reviewed 2018-09-26

We moved to Cliq from Slack, as it included all the features we needed - but we didn't have to pay for them. The chats are logged in Zoho Connect as well. We use it for project chat, updates etc.

Pros
Integrates fully into the Zoho ecosystem, cheap, allows broadsheet layout, easy to use with external users

Cons
Occasionally buggy although Zoho continue to make improvements. Not as many native integrations available off the shelf and that means having to get developers for web hooks.

ARLENE WILLIAMS

Can send a chat instead of using my phone to send a text. Sometimes it's faster.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Pros
Not just for chatting. Can send and view audio and videos, Send shared files and each team member can have their own account.

Cons
If I had to choose one thing I like least it would be I would like to see more emoticons. I like using them so more variety would be nice.

Dusty Brown

Group Meetings and Staying Uptodate

Reviewed 2018-12-19

Pros
I loved that it carried over into all sections of Zoho, so I could easily stay uptodate with messages from other people in the offices, without having to keep switching to look at my emails or a different screen than I was working in. Keeps everything in one place. It also is quick to go straight to voice/video calls, and easy to make group chats with different people.

Cons
The quality of connections is not as good as other software in relation to video calls, but still alright. Nothing I would stop using it for.

Lea Williams

Great option for communicating with your team!

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Pros
Zoho Cliq is an easy-to-use communication and collaboration tool. It has a free version, which has worked just fine so far! The chat tool also has an app - both of which have nice interfaces.

Cons
One issue I've encountered is periodic delays between messages arriving and showing on the web platform vs. through the mobile app.

Anyugel Marcano Torres

Very goos tool to communicating with my work team

Reviewed 2018-03-23

Pros
I love using this program every day. The truth is that it facilitates communication with my team and also allows me to send us quick files if necessary at the moment. Also, if they are distracted in other activities, it notifies them that someone wants to talk to them. So it really is a great tool

Cons
I consider that the negative of the tool is that sometimes it is slow to load the files that need to be sent immediately. But the rest is perfectly functional and wonderful

Amber Richardson

Keeps everyone together

Reviewed 2019-02-15

Pros
I enjoy the convenience of being able to shoot anyone in the company an IM and get real time feedback when it's needed. There is no better feeling than reliability and when I am on the phone with a client and need feedback from a colleague immediately, it's a fantastic and relieving feeling to have everyone I need at the tips of my fingers.

Cons
I don't like how lengthy it can be to set up and getting new users enrolled is a pain.

Scott French

Zoho Cliq is a great instant messenger

Reviewed 2018-05-07

I get the benefit of chatting with my coworkers without leaving my applications I use on a daily basis.

Pros
works great on a desktop or laptop, it is built right into the Zoho CRM, so when I have a question for my co-workers I know they see it right away when I send them a message through Cliq

Cons
phone app either I haven't tried it or it sucks really bad. I'm not sure which it is. I hope they make it a little easier soon

Sean Mackay

Good and inexpensive alternative to Slack

Reviewed 2018-10-08

Zoho Cliq makes inter-office meme wars and GIF wars a reality, and is a solid cheap (or free) alternative to Slack.

Pros
My team and I have really enjoyed using Cliq. We started using it as a free alternative to slack (we liked the free features of this more than Slack's free offering), but we've ended up finding it really fun to use as a chat tool. GIF and emoji (or live Zomojis as they're called here) make chats pretty fund (and sometimes more time consuming than they need to be!). Channel management is easy too.

Cons
You won't find as many integrations here as you'll find with other offerings like Slack or Quip, so as a collaboration tool it's not quite as strong.

Kary Rosales

Business messaging with many options

Reviewed 2018-05-31

Pros

Cons
I know there is a lot of competition and the cost of this software is quite low but I think a good option would be a multi-user license. Although really the cost is quite affordable.

Mario Cornejo

A business chat

Reviewed 2018-04-01

Pros
I like that you can have a complete way of communication, not only by texts, you also have voice calls or video calls, it is excellent to always keep your colleagues in touch.

Cons
I also like that it is integrated into the mail, I can tell you many positive things about this software. It is very very good.

Value of Money with 5 star service

Reviewed 2018-09-01

Pros
There are a lot of application that offers security and accessibility whenever you communicate with business partners, clients., subordinate or teams. But this application defer with the affordable plans they can offer. Specially when you are a newly established group and wanted to start low. This would be exurity, functionality, accessibilty and value of money all wrapped in one.

Cons
The least thing I like is if you are not acclimated with the app you really have to go through the process of learning its in and outs, work arounds and technical issues you may encounter. Which I have not encounter so far!

Jorge Sanchez

Business chat

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-06-01

Pros
Having access to your mail and at the same time a chat with which you can be in contact with your colleagues is a very efficient way to always maintain communication with your team. It is quite fast and easy to use, it has many communication options and you can also invite users outside the organization.

Cons
What if it were also integrated into the ZohoMail app. Just as a suggestion to unify apps. Could be a good improvement.

Elisa Santamaria

A complete communication system

Reviewed 2018-05-24

Pros
I like the good quality with which this chat is presented. It looks very simple in the mail but it is really very complete. The App is excellent too. The calls and video calls with a good connection are of excellent quality.

Cons
With the free version we have enough. I thought it was included with the mail but I see that it also has a paid version.

kaashif hoosen

very simple to use. very hands on software. simple to navigate

Reviewed 2017-12-14

we are able to track all records of actioned and not actioned tickets and see a trail of responses easily.

Pros
the ability to easily interact with clients and with current users in our workgroup. the feature of controlling clients PC without the need for a third party software

Cons
we cannot group tickets under client name. ticket system is messy and ticket order is not understood.

Matthew Underwood

Great Communication tool for our staff

Reviewed 2018-11-21

Pros
Easy to implement and roll out - Quickly helped our team stay in touch

Cons
Some functionality is not intuitive but that is expected from a product with as many options as Cliq has