Zoho Cliq Reviews

EE

Elisa E.

LL

Lisa L.

Great alternative to Slack for a fraction of the cost. Good system for our team to use.

Cons

The lack of ability to delete or modify messages can be a potential problem.

I miss the giphy feature that I used when my company used Slack.

Sometimes, it can be confusing between groups and channels. Otherwise, no major problem.

RG

Ruby G.

4.6

Zoho Cliq is a great instant messenger

I get the benefit of chatting with my coworkers without leaving my applications I use on a daily basis.

Pros

works great on a desktop or laptop, it is built right into the Zoho CRM, so when I have a question for my co-workers I know they see it right away when I send them a message through Cliq

Cons

phone app either I haven't tried it or it sucks really bad. I'm not sure which it is. I hope they make it a little easier soon

Happy we made the switched from Slack to Cliq

Having one integrated solution across our company with all the Zoho products has been helpful. So far so good. There are a few things we miss from Slack but nothing that's a deal-breaker. The ability to integrate Bots and other Zoho services into Cliq is valuable like the Zoho Notebook and Taz, very helpful. Also, the deskbot integration so I can see all the Desk summaries from the entire team.

Pros

Since we integrated several Zoho products into our daily use it has helped streamline communications and integrate solutions into our e-Commerce website. Cliq allows us to search history without limits on messages and the "fork split" feature allows you to fork off a conversation into its own so it's easier to keep track.

Cons

The reply to post feature is nice but it's not as good as creating threads like Slack does to track one conversation so you have to get used to forking the conversations to keep them together. It's a good solution but I prefer the create thread feature in Slack. Also having to PIN contact names to quickly send DM isn't the best. I'm not sure why other users aren't listed in Contacts. The only other least favorite thing is how difficult it was for external users to access channels. You have to know in advance if a channel will need to be accessed by someone outside the organization.

Good product, But needs improvement

Would recommend to small companies with small budget.

Pros

Pricing, API support, integrates well with Zoho Ecosystem.

Cons

A bit immature product when compared to Slack

Solid team chat/collaboration app with an extensive development backend for customizations

I was impressed with the opportunities for developers but not with the UX.

Pros

Cliq integrates well with other Zoho apps, particularly helpful in Contact. All the basic chat and collaboration features are there in a familiar user interface. It's possible for advanced users to create extensions, custom integrations, bots, and commands with a powerful development backend and make these customizations available throughout your organization and team.

Cons

Unless you're already using a bunch of Zoho apps there's no reason to switch from Slack, Flock, or Asana, which area already mature platforms. Compared to these other apps, particularly Flock, the UI is a bit obtuse and hard to get a clear overview of. I particularly disliked the double panes within a chat window (opening the settings for a bot, for example).

If you are a newbie, go for Cliq

Pros

I like how I can easily communicate with my teammates and share files with them in the software. It had the video calling feature which came in handy during the pandemic. It helps you record your check in and check out time.

Cons

I don’t like the user interface and it’s slow sometimes. I wish I didn’t have to open laptop every time I have to check in and out.

Easy to Use Communication

Using cliq to improve communication within our company has helped a lot. However, I have not had the best experience with Zoho customer service in general one time. Other times, I had a great experience.

Pros

This is fantastic and easy to use communication software for within our company. It integrates seamlessly with other zoho applications and with other external applications. We have significantly increased productivity since using this.

Cons

There are some drawbacks, such as you are limited in character amounts that you can write for messages, but overall I like most of the features and it has improved over time. Another issue is that we cannot figure out how to integrate clients on to the platform without purchasing new user licenses. It was my understanding that you could have clients communicate as "visitors" within some particular channels in cliq that you designate but not have to be on a license. However, I have yet to be able to make this work.

Well integrated, versatile and easy to use chat software

Communicating with Zoho Cliq feels effortless and intuitive. You can chat, make video/phone calls and more.

Pros

As a Zoho One User Zoho Cliq is a no brainer. It integrates incredibly well with the Zoho Suite and it's very easy to create new integrations with Zoho Creator. What I probably like best about Cliq is the 3 column layout that allows me to chat in 3 different chats at once.

Cons

The desktop app for Mac feels a bit like a browser version and has some quirks where you need to reload the app in order for it to work.

Obvious Choice for Zoho Users

We use Zoho Cliq for our team communication. We have one on one chats, and group chats to keep in communication between all of our remote workers. As we don't see each other in person much, having a way to keep a rapport through chat is important to us. In addition we value quick messages to communicate information, or questions.

Pros

The integrated chat options into other zoho software makes this an obvious choice for zoho users. Ability to use emoji, gif, share files make this a versatile chat system for our team. The ability to search the history is helpful as well.

Cons

The mobile app can have a lot of input lag.

We are in sync

And we have staff just a touch away. Facilitating communication.

Pros

We always need to be in contact with employees. Zoho Cliq simplifies your team's communication with organized conversations, easy to find information

Cons

I can't do a data analysis of participation and poor storage of documents.

A great collaborative tool for mid sized teams

Overall it's been really great and intuitive. The team has really gotten into an easy flow that is showing promise.

Pros

Keeping multiple chat windows open in the same view. This is crucial for me and saves time as I don't have to switch to another tab or another conversation and then click into the comment bar. This may sound trivial but this drives me mad on other tools.

Cons

Not much. If I had to choose something it would be the sound for the alert when you get a notification, but then again you want that noise to be annoying so you don't miss it.

Zoho Cliq as Saas

Excellent tool that is not expensive and an ideal tool suite of SAAS every SMB business could employ to bring in the efficiency and productivity with their teams!

Pros

Zoho Cliq has been a critical tool for our every day communication and meetings, also it has been suite of SAAS that has enabled quality software services timely through solid support team providing the needed help. The Zoho provides tools to manage teams and communication among the team along with providing tools to manage workflow and accounting through zoho-books and thus has enabled us to be more productive everyday!

Cons

A bit of slowness with SAAS during peak internet hours. Other than internet dependency there are no other demerits of Zoho Cliq!

Keeping in Touch with the Important Stuff

Now that companies have more employees working from home, it is so important to not feel disconnected or on your own. Being able to check in with co workers or clients instantly is so much more productive. I can reach more people with information I need so quickly. This allows me to give the best customer service I can. I can keep the customer at ease knowing that I am not making them wait and they know I am working on getting the answers they need so we can complete what they called for and get on with their day. Ending a call quickly and successfully is what makes for a great customer experience.

Pros

I really like being able to get my question to a client or a co worker quickly is extremely important in my job.

Cons

If there was the ability to have a few canned responses or FAQ to ease the effort of speaking with a client and typing at the same time would be a nice feature.

Slack-like chat, much cheaper and with some useful extra features

We moved to Cliq from Slack, as it included all the features we needed - but we didn't have to pay for them. The chats are logged in Zoho Connect as well. We use it for project chat, updates etc.

Pros

Integrates fully into the Zoho ecosystem, cheap, allows broadsheet layout, easy to use with external users

Cons

Occasionally buggy although Zoho continue to make improvements. Not as many native integrations available off the shelf and that means having to get developers for web hooks.

Can send a chat instead of using my phone to send a text. Sometimes it's faster.

Pros

Not just for chatting. Can send and view audio and videos, Send shared files and each team member can have their own account.

Cons

If I had to choose one thing I like least it would be I would like to see more emoticons. I like using them so more variety would be nice.

Zoho Cliq Review

Zoho Cliq has provided us with a way of communicating company wide. Any user is fully capable of using the serve because of user friendly the service is.

Pros

What I like most about Zoho Cliq is how effortless staying connected is with all of the features that the software offers.

Cons

What I like least about Zoho Cliq is the cost basis the software offers for each employee to use and utilize the service.

Group Meetings and Staying Uptodate

Pros

I loved that it carried over into all sections of Zoho, so I could easily stay uptodate with messages from other people in the offices, without having to keep switching to look at my emails or a different screen than I was working in. Keeps everything in one place. It also is quick to go straight to voice/video calls, and easy to make group chats with different people.

Cons

The quality of connections is not as good as other software in relation to video calls, but still alright. Nothing I would stop using it for.

Favorite tool in a Fully Featured Suite

Staying up to date on current projects and communicating with my team has never been easier. I recommend to my colleagues all the time!

Pros

Quick and easy communication. Segmented to channels to keep things organized. Well made and designed clients for Desktop and Mobile use!

Cons

Can feel a bit bloated at times. There are plenty of settings to fiddle with but I haven't had the need to.

It is an amazing software to interact with your colleagues on both mobile and desktop.

It has been good. I use it daily for all my professional communications.

Pros

Zoho Cliq is a great platform to interact with your colleagues. You can make groups and anyone can add or delete a person. You can send all types of documents and links to others easily. You can also chat with yourself and use it to save important links and docs. You can use this application on both desktop and smartphone.

Cons

Great option for communicating with your team!

Pros

Zoho Cliq is an easy-to-use communication and collaboration tool. It has a free version, which has worked just fine so far! The chat tool also has an app - both of which have nice interfaces.

Cons

One issue I've encountered is periodic delays between messages arriving and showing on the web platform vs. through the mobile app.

Very goos tool to communicating with my work team

Pros

I love using this program every day. The truth is that it facilitates communication with my team and also allows me to send us quick files if necessary at the moment. Also, if they are distracted in other activities, it notifies them that someone wants to talk to them. So it really is a great tool

Cons

I consider that the negative of the tool is that sometimes it is slow to load the files that need to be sent immediately. But the rest is perfectly functional and wonderful

Keeps everyone together

Pros

I enjoy the convenience of being able to shoot anyone in the company an IM and get real time feedback when it's needed. There is no better feeling than reliability and when I am on the phone with a client and need feedback from a colleague immediately, it's a fantastic and relieving feeling to have everyone I need at the tips of my fingers.

Cons

I don't like how lengthy it can be to set up and getting new users enrolled is a pain.

Powerful, but daunting.

Overall, It's a welcome upgrade from what we were using previously (Telegram). Our whole team is unified in one place and we're able to collaborate much more quickly.

Pros

As with all products in the Zoho One Suite, my favorite part is how deeply Cliq integrates with the rest of our tools. I get new messages for every new paid invoice, new leads in the CRM, new appointments with customers etc. It's deeply configurable and can do pretty much anything that Slack can do.

Cons

It's tedious to set up. Nothing Zoho makes is EASY out of the box. They take a bit of time to figure out and customize. Cliq is no different. We're still barely scratching the surface on what Cliq is capable of because we haven't invested the resources to figure out all the options!

Good and inexpensive alternative to Slack

Zoho Cliq makes inter-office meme wars and GIF wars a reality, and is a solid cheap (or free) alternative to Slack.

Pros

My team and I have really enjoyed using Cliq. We started using it as a free alternative to slack (we liked the free features of this more than Slack's free offering), but we've ended up finding it really fun to use as a chat tool. GIF and emoji (or live Zomojis as they're called here) make chats pretty fund (and sometimes more time consuming than they need to be!). Channel management is easy too.

Cons

You won't find as many integrations here as you'll find with other offerings like Slack or Quip, so as a collaboration tool it's not quite as strong.

Business messaging with many options

Pros

I love it, it's very complete, the calls and video calls are of great quality. You can use it with internal and external clients.

Cons

I know there is a lot of competition and the cost of this software is quite low but I think a good option would be a multi-user license. Although really the cost is quite affordable.

A business chat

Pros

I like that you can have a complete way of communication, not only by texts, you also have voice calls or video calls, it is excellent to always keep your colleagues in touch.

Cons

I also like that it is integrated into the mail, I can tell you many positive things about this software. It is very very good.