Act-On Reviews

4.24/5 (213 reviews)

Anonymous

A strategic tool to build successful marketing campaigns

Reviewed 2018-11-08

Having a marketing automation tool such as Act-on is a really benefit to run successful marketing campaign. When we started using Act-On, we realized we were not as organized as we thought we were; It kind of "forced" us (in a positive way) to rethink our campaigns, how we built them and what we expected from them. We were able for the first time to really segment and target our audience. We saw a significant increase in our opening and click rates, we could trigger more interest by sending relevant content to our audience, and this led us to more qualified and interested leads. This tool allowed us to track our audience and create reports on our tasks and projects such as events, webinars, digital campaign (including google adwords, social media posts, emails, website, landing pages). It is a must-have in our marketing tech-stack. We would advise to really define your needs and do some benchmark; Act-On is a great tool to build segmentation, automated programs, nurturing programs and it can be integrated with many other tools, to create a great and efficient tech stack. It definitely is a tool worth having, but it requires to know where you want to go and what you want to achieve. It took us a few months before understanding and mastering most of what you can do within the platform, and we’re still learning. So be persistent and don’t be afraid to “play with” and test the tool, it’s totally worth it.Act-On’s automation platform is intuitive, I like the way the menu is built, it’s been made in a logical order so that when you move from one section to another, you go down the logical path to build automation. The support team is great, they’re efficient and patient ! There are many ways to find answers and tips; the Act-On community, the Act-On university, the online training courses, the webinars, everything is made for us to easily learn and efficiently use the platform.

One of the Best Marketing Automation Programs I've Ever Used

Reviewed 2018-05-15

My sales and marketing team had so many benefits from this software. The marketing and data analysts had high-level, quality reports that were as detailed or as broad as they wanted. The sales team had live information about their hottest leads and could rely on the lead-generation process to do things automatically. They didn't have to worry about information not being part of the CRM from Marketing because the integration made that seamless. Truly a great program and I didn't even have enough characters to talk about all of the other features too!I liked everything about this software! It was truly an all-in-one deal. First of all, it integrated with our CRM (we used SugarCRM). The features related to this integration were: lead generation from our web forms, lead generation from our email campaigns, lead generation based on user action. It also pulled information in from our CRM, so any lead lists we created in our CRM (manually or automatically based on file status, etc) could be pulled into ActOn for campaigns. Next, it integrated with our website - it also has the ability to design your own website within ActOn that allows for even more neat features. It tracked users across emails & webpages and the reports allowed us to drill down to specific geographical areas of activity, key words used, which pages they were on and for how long, etc. It also gave a numerical value (that you can custom set) to each action and at a certain point could put that contact into a sales cycle or send an alert to the sales team to reach out to them. Lastly, the automated marketing feature was THE BEST. You have the ability to design a multi-faceted campaign that could run for a set amount of time, or indefinitely. What I found to be the cherry on top was that you could set actions for contacts who didn't do certain things (didn't click, didn't open, etc) and then repeat steps or put them into different tracks. As huge as this program seems, it was also incredibly easy to navigate. Saved our teams a lot of time and energy.

Amy Spencer

Invaluable Marketing Asset

Reviewed 2017-08-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Act-On is a robust, yet easy-to-use solution that combines multiple marketing applications into one. It has been a workhorse for us. While it can serve more than a dozen vital functions, including social media management and ABM, I most appreciate its integration with our CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and how it can be used to automate nurture programs, score leads based on behavior/engagement, and monitor web site visitor activity. I’m also very impressed by members of the tech support team who are very patient and have bailed us out of an after hours pinch more than once.

Manu Grossi

Agree with recent Forrester Wave Report

Reviewed 2016-11-23

I started out using Marketo years ago and while I was a power user and loved the depth of features, others in the company found it to be complex and most could use it for only the basics. I moved on to Pardot and I really liked it, and I even attended their user conference three years ago in Atlanta - which unfortunately, was when they pass along the news to customer that they have been acquired and would end up Salesforce's portfolio. Pardot was moved into their Sales Cloud (and ExactTarget went to the Marketing Cloud), and the result has been, other than some UI improvements, almost no innovation at all... and a major rise in costs, where it's extra for phone support, they charge for Salesforce Engage, they charge for Wave Analytics, etc. etc. Meanwhile, Act-On has been the steady player in the market that has continued to advance - and you see that in Forrester's Q4 2014 Wave report where Act-On moved to the upper, Leader quadrant ahead of Pardot and HubSpot (though, I'd say that HubSpot has always been more "Movement-First" versus "Product-First" where they invest more in their marketing then their marketing features, particularly with their focus on their CRM now). Act-On received a large round of investment money, brought in loads of new talent on the executive team and down, and continue to push out new features faster than others on the market. They were first to launch Account-based Marketing, their Social tools are very advanced (Forrester scored them higher than HubSpot for example), built Data Studio that allows us to push to our BI easily (Tableau), they overhauled all of their composers (email, landing page and forms), added dynamic content & personalization features, and added a unique way to create Program Templates that is awesome and now have a growing library of templates you can grab and use that build out all the nurture program steps for you automatically (including sales alerts, CRM campaign updates, basic or advanced if/then scenarios, etc.). I've always thought that price should not be a big driving factor for which tool to use. But, their Active Contacts model allows you to pay for what you use, versus the size of your database - and where Marketo and Pardot are adding more modules, Act-On includes everything in their Enterprise edition. And their Support is also fantastic. Don't be fooled. This is an advanced tool that medium and large companies are using. Sincerely easier to use than others on the market, great overall feature set, love the dynamic content options, program templates were a game changer, account-based marketing provides visibility into how programs are doing at the Account-level that we haven't had.

Anonymous

Powerful and user friendly marketing automation suite with excellent customer support

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-03-01

We've been able to bring our marketing data into one place and create a more unified platform from which to send out our marketing campaigns. We just started using Act-On a few months ago. We had debated marketing automation companies to go with for years. Overall, Act-On was able to go toe-to-toe in most regards with the other vendors we were considering, at least. The deciding factor was the pricing model, which is a bit unusual. They only charge you for "active" contacts, which are contacts you are actually reaching out to. You can import other contacts for reporting, data synchronization, or potential marketing purposes down the line if you wish, and you won't be charged for them. The support team at Act-On is great. During our evaluation, I received an email from the CEO himself, asking what he could do to help us choose. Throughout implementation, we had several calls and I was always provided what we needed quickly. Act-On does so many things, it would be impossible to cover here, but I like their email and landing page creator. I found it to be very intuitive. The user interface is showing some age, but it's very straightforward and there's not a lot of guessing about how to use it. Act-On is list based, which is the "old" methodology in the industry right now, but if you're a fan of that strategy, you'll feel right at home. Workflow creation is very easy. Data Studio (an add-on) also allows you to create custom reporting, and baked in integrations and an automated FTP connection allow you to get your data talking to each other automatically. The university has great educational information available too.

Excellent Segmentation and Automation Tools

Reviewed 2018-09-10

Act-On is instrumental for meeting our company's revenue goals with email marketing campaigns. Act-On gives me the ability to get extremely specific with my target prospects and customers. It's easy to build new segments and immediately see the size of those groups. It's very useful for data mining and determining where to focus your marketing efforts. For example, in just a couple of minutes (assuming you've done the work to collect the information from customers and store them properly in custom lists) you can create a segment of prospects who have downloaded or purchased x product from your website, meet criteria x,y,z for their attributes, have opened or clicked messages in a specific timeframe, and have visited a specific page of your website. You have the ability to get as granular as you want. You can then build automated programs that send targeted and timely messages depending on where these prospects are in your funnel and use conditional logic to define any future interactions.

Claudia Zepahua

Automation of work and improvement in marketing campaigns

Reviewed 2018-12-09
Review Source: Software Advice

It is a particular tool that sends us a great help with which in my company we plant new, bigger and better protects. Thanks to Act-On it is much easier to carry out marketing campaigns. The constant updates give the great opportunity to improve the experience more and more.It is completely intuitive, with very good tools to automate all the work. It has a good presentation format, contributes with marketing and design management managing large amounts of emails. Maintain a perfect organization of data and information with perfect synchrony with each client, where they can be stored in contact information to keep them in the database, so it is much better to keep a constant administration of each client we have. Customer support is attentive, responds to each of the drawbacks and always finds the best solution.

Rick Juby

ActOn -- act on it!

Reviewed 2018-09-07

ActOn allows me to get important professional messaging out to my target audience in a timely basis. I am impressed with their can-do customer support team. They always help me figure out a solution to building content. The software wear offers so much in terms of content marketing, form building and automated drip campaign functionality. The email content reporting and tracking is also very good.I think you will find ActOn easy to use. I can quickly develop an email and define a target list and send as easily to 10 people or 100,000 people. I also like the reporting and graphs associated with a campaign. I also find the Form editor very valuable b/c I can quickly create a business need survey in a matter of minutes for my internal customers. The responses are easy to analyze b/c they are in spreadsheet form.

Robin DeLarm

Act-On helps me stay organized and save time.

Reviewed 2018-09-07

When Act-On is working smoothly, I am able to keep in contact with my prospects, to know what they are looking at and what interests them as well as to determine how I need to send communications to them. The insight that Act-On provides into the life of the leads is very helpful by allowing me to stay organized and save time. With Act-On's Activity History, I am able to view a Timeline that helps to keep me organized so I know what I may still need to send and so that I have a good idea about whether or not my prospects are getting communications that they should. Sometimes, with email blasts emails may not get through an organization's spam filter, but using the Activity History and Timeline in Act-On and testing by sending things through Act-On Anywhere in Outlook help to determine who need to receive emails alternate ways.

Kelsey DeMers

If you take advantage of all of its features, you will succeed.

Reviewed 2018-08-06

We chose Act-on as our marketing automation software because of its native integration with Salesforce, our CRM at the time. We made the move from Marketo, and Act-on has a much easier user interface. There were so many things we could track and do. We had great customer service, including weekly calls with a customer experience rep.

Scott Smith

A Solid Marketing Automation Platform

Reviewed 2018-09-10

We are a media publisher that used Act-On primarily for sending out marketing emails — about 20+ a month, supporting a white paper site, and hosting 2 webinars a month. Act-On made it super easy to set up and market webinars from the initial thought, through sending a copy of the webinar to attendees when done and every step along the way. I've used about 4 different marketing automation platforms and I can tell you that Act-On was by far the easiest to send email campaigns in, from initial email creation to sending.I liked that over the past four years I have worked with the product I have seen it grow leaps and bounds. They have a team that is dedicated to making smart improvements with the product.

Bryan Barajas

Best Cost-Effective Marketing Automation Software

Reviewed 2014-06-18

Our company has tried different Marketing vendors, and not every experience has been a pleasant one. This is why I can say with confidence that Act-On is the best Marketing Software that we have found. Not only do they deliver a great product, but the customer experience has been stellar from Day One. You can really feel they care about their customers and I especially love the fact that I am not treated like just a client number. It's always great to find a vendor that takes such great care of their clients. Our Product Management and Marketing Teams are definitely #TeamActOn! One of the things that Act-On does better is their Salesforce integration which works both ways, meaning that no matter where the lead information originates, it will synchronize correctly as it should, which was not the case with other software we tried. Act-On's out-of-the-box Webinar integration with GoToMeeting and WebEx simply works and there's no need to purchase or subscribe to additional "Apps" as was the case with other Marketing platforms. We really appreciate their service--it has helped our Marketing Team be more efficient and take our Marketing campaigns to the next level. Did I mention that our Sales Team loves seeing who's visiting our website? They even have their own Act-On Tab in Salesforce with leads in their territory based on Act-On's lead scoring. I feel that Act-On provides the best value from the marketing software that I've personally vetted. They recognize that sometimes you don't market to the same individuals all the time, which is why their pricing model is based on the number of active contacts you e-mail each month. Unlike other vendors, you are not locked into a 12-month or greater commitment contract. The contract is on a monthly basis and you can cancel at anytime--they truly earn our business on an ongoing basis. If I had to change anything, I would probably request for greater reporting capabilities when it comes to integrating our Google AdWords campaign, but it looks like they plan on rolling out some improvements in that area soon. Overall, Act-On is a great service and we plan on being a customer for many years to come.

Very Solid Product for Very Little Money

Reviewed 2018-09-10

Our target markets have become much more complicated as we've grown, and ActOn allows us to segment our campaigns to send the right message to the right audience - by geography, vertical, etc.Syncing with SFDC is awesome. Easy to use - novices can pick it up quickly. Reporting is quite good and easy to understand. Love the continuous product improvements that are made.

Dynamics Compatible, Great Value

Reviewed 2018-09-07

An unexpected benefit has been in the customer support department. Proactive email drips for recent purchasers helps that team provide great service consistently through scheduled email programs with tips and tutorials. The Dynamics integration was a crucial part of my decision to adopt this software for my company. Ease of use is comparable to any other robust marketing automation tool. We've seen huge value in this purchase.

Josh Gilardi

Great tool starting out but has some minor flaws

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-04-30

It's a great tool starting out but I think in the long-run you would need another option. If you're looking for a pretty simple, effective marketing automation platform that syncs with Salesforce easily and can do some pretty advanced things, this is a great option but may not be the best if you're looking to do advanced tactics.- The simplicity of the interface and overall product - Creating email programs is a nice drag and drop style - Pretty advanced options in creating a program - Salesforce sync is nice when building out lists. Being able to save syncing preferences is a great option that reduces time. - Don't have to know HTML or CSS to use - Nice Inbound section for SEO, paid ads, and website visits (if you're doing ABM you can see what companies are coming to your site).

Michael (Mike) Compeau

Happy Journey from ZohoCRM/Act-On to Salesforce/Act-On

Reviewed 2014-08-01

A few years ago, after consulting and then joining a growing small business, the president and I threw out Microsoft's Business Contact Manager and brought up ZohoCRM integrated with GoogleApps/Mail. The combination was a 'right-size' approach at the time, for many months. But as the customer database grew, the reporting needs and interest in integrating marketing automation intensified, we knew we needed to augment or replace the use of Vertical Response for outbound. Surveying the segment, I found and researched Eloqua, Marketo, and Act-On. As we were staffing limited, time was valuable, complex solutions were of no interest. We went with Act-On and have never looked back. The recent migration from moving from the ZohoCRM platform to Salesforce.com as the needs and demands grew has gone quite smoothly. I have seen the comments related to Salesforce by others and believe that for some who are not going to try to work towards automation, and for whom a solid Ecosystem of solutions from which to draw are not important, ZohoCRM can be an attractive solution. But, if a minimal level of usage sophistication begins to be applied, integration with other systems like Lead Management/Marketing Automation is important (and at this point, it should be for nearly any business with revenues over a few hundred $K a year) the Salesforce/Act-On combination has been killer-good, Act-On is FAST to get running, whether using alone, or in conjunction with another platform like Salesforce. Answers, insight, follow up automation are all easily obtainable quickly without being sent to a week-long training seminar for $1500.

Abbie Deaver

Buyer Beware!! Not a sophisticated system in the least

Reviewed 2018-10-18

The worst. Beware - do NOT fall for this "automation" system. Go with something that actually supports the workflow of marketers in 2018. Absolutely nothing. I came from using Pardot at my previous company and then was stuck with this poor excuse for an automation system for two years. Luckily we're in the process of switching back to Pardot at the moment.

Grace Lazzara

Budget-friendly marketing automation that does what we need

Reviewed 2018-03-20
Review Source: Software Advice

We've worked with Act-on for more than three years and have appreciated what it accomplishes for us. Customer service has always been responsive, as well. If you can't necessarily affort one of the major players in the market, Act-on is a great alternative.The automated programs make staying in touch with customers and prospects very easy. You can set up quite complicated programs that incorporate not only emails to the target audience but that also notify internal staff and other functions.

Abby Sandbach

Act-On Worth The Marketing Dollars

Reviewed 2017-10-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Act-On is one of the best values for what you get in regards to marketing automation systems. It is worth the cost.Act-On is an easy to use marketing automation platform. I've used Marketo in the past, and Act-On was much simpler and user friendly. Over the last 2 to 3 years they've enhanced the look and feel of the product only for the better. But perhaps the portion of Act-On that I like the most is the support. They offer top tier support. It actually might be some of the best support I've had for a SaaS offering.

Faisal Khan

The Best Marketing Automation Tool

Reviewed 2018-06-28

Highly recommended, this is the second company in which i have worked for and implemented Act-On. This is my go to marketing automation tool. I have used and reviewed many tools, but i will say Act-On is my favorite. Easy to use, and the best customer service of any of it's competitors.

Dave Johnson

ACT-ON customer service is fading fast

Reviewed 2018-08-07

I was looking for an email tool that integrates with MS CRM and this product fits the bill. It allows you to drip campaigns, which is nice (albeit not intuitively). Just make sure you give yourself ample time for their assistance.In the landscape of marketing automation systems, ACT-ON is not the most powerful solution, but it is not the most expensive. It works quite well for our needs.

Delia Stephenson

If you want to have a successful business, you need Act-On

Reviewed 2018-12-04

I’m a part of a sales and marketing team, and we highly appreciate this software. It helps us count everyone, who visits our web page, including sign-in customers and anonymous visitors. Now we can easily set up automated programs, which makes our workflow simpler and smoother. Lastly, the customer support is terrific! They helped us on numerous occasions, by providing useful and clear information on any topic we needed.

Layne Latham

This is really a marketing tool that has build some features for salespeople

Reviewed 2018-07-19

I like that it will track my emails and log them to our CRM (Microsoft Dynamics). I like that I can get a daily email letting me know of known and anonymous visitors to our website.

Jessica Rio

Reviewed 2018-09-13

Everyone I have spoken to from account manger, tech support and engineers for trouble shooting any problem that we have have been really helpful. They have always figured out a way to fix the problem especially with our really complex list that we have. Act-On is easy to use especially if you know a bit of html knowledge. When designing you can even go into the code and alter it a bit if you know any html. The designs come out nice and clean and you can always work around any issues that comes up.

Act-On Is An Excellent Tool

Reviewed 2018-09-11

Act-On is the engine that my marketing success runs on.It's functionality and diverse tools makes it the top-of-class when it comes to marketing automation platforms.