All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Act-On Reviews

Pros

I like the breadth of capabilities with superior customer support by both the Customer Success Manager and Technical Support.

Collin G.

Read the full review
Act-On is a very good marketing automation software. It helps my organization in selling our products and services through digital platforms like email, facebook, other social media platforms.

Simon O.

Read the full review
It's user friendly, has a nice design, and serves the basic purpose of helping you stay in touch with your customers and build a marketing plan for your brand.

Ericka B.

Read the full review

Cons

Unfortunently there was no integration with our Sage CRM so in ways we were automating but then just creating more manual work on our part because of the lack of integration.

Emma C.

Ashley S.

A Solid Marketing Automation Platform

We are a media publisher that used Act-On primarily for sending out marketing emails — about 20+ a month, supporting a white paper site, and hosting 2 webinars a month. Act-On made it super easy to set up and market webinars from the initial thought, through sending a copy of the webinar to attendees when done and every step along the way. I've used about 4 different marketing automation platforms and I can tell you that Act-On was by far the easiest to send email campaigns in, from initial email creation to sending.

Pros

I liked that over the past four years I have worked with the product I have seen it grow leaps and bounds. They have a team that is dedicated to making smart improvements with the product.

Cons

Like all products this isn't perfect. I had the most problems with our sales rep kept changing. Also, once in a blue moon a feature would change without proper notification.

Great to hear your feedback, Scott! Thanks for sharing. Please be sure to check out the Act-On User Community as another great resource for Act-On customers. https://community.act-on.com/home

Wonderful Product. Great Value, Amazing Results!

I've used Act-On for many years and enjoy the ease of use, their great metrics and the intuitive interface. This is a product I can't recommend enough. I use it daily and enjoy the automation as much as I enjoy the social publishing and email marketing abilities.

Pros

Act-On is easy to use and great metrics!

Cons

Nothing I'd change about this software!

Thanks for the great review, Catherine! We appreciate your feedback and are so happy you're a fan of Act-On. Cheers! Sarah

Buyer Beware!! Not a sophisticated system in the least

The worst. Beware - do NOT fall for this "automation" system. Go with something that actually supports the workflow of marketers in 2018.

Pros

Absolutely nothing. I came from using Pardot at my previous company and then was stuck with this poor excuse for an automation system for two years. Luckily we're in the process of switching back to Pardot at the moment.

Cons

Pricing Model Not Built to Scale: They think that the "pay for contacts" pricing model is a pro, but it is not! For any marketer with a growing database this is a pure nightmare given that they are basically unresponsive when you need to add more contacts. We are actually currently in a situation where we can't get ANYONE to respond to help us add more contacts, which means that I cannot execute on...

Act-on is an easy to use and robust marketing tool.

Our sales team is massively impressed with the capabilities and insights that Act-on provides through the integration with our CRM tool. We have been able to message leads with the right message at the right time easily and are able to have a hands off approach when it comes to funneling leads to our sales team. The value Act-on has added has been worth it.

Pros

Most actions are very intuitive and the tool is easy to navigate.

Cons

Our onboarding experience wasn't the best, but Act-on has since implemented a new onboarding process that involves thorough training and set-up. We went to the bootcamp later and we are pleased that Act-on now offers that at the kickoff for other customers.

Hi Bethany, Thank you for posting your review! We appreciate your feedback and love that you're a fan of Act-On! Cheers, Sarah

If you take advantage of all of its features, you will succeed.

Pros

We chose Act-on as our marketing automation software because of its native integration with Salesforce, our CRM at the time. We made the move from Marketo, and Act-on has a much easier user interface. There were so many things we could track and do. We had great customer service, including weekly calls with a customer experience rep.

Cons

Like most marketing automation software, the key to success is learning all of the ins and outs of the system, then create a strategy surrounding it. If you don't have someone on your team willing to take advantage of all of the features, the price might outweigh the benefit. Our customer experience rep could have helped more in overall strategy and campaign building, but they were incredibly busy, too busy to go in depth on those items. The team ended up moving to a simpler and cheaper product because they weren't taking advantage of everything Act-on had to offer.

Hi Kelsey, Thanks so much for posting your review. We're seeing a huge uptick in Credit Union customers as they're realizing what a game-changer marketing automation can be in their efforts to compete against big banks. We hope you'll reconsider Act-On in the future when your team is ready to take its marketing to the next level. We've got awesome boot camp trainings that can get users up to speed quickly. Good luck! Sarah

Needs more improvement in UI and UX

its was an ok use software but not the best. I use hubspot now, try to replicate hubspot acton

Pros

Less expensive, serves the purpose for a while not for long run

Cons

ui and ux is very poor and navigation was not so friendly

Act-On's strengths are it's customizability and robust features.

Great piece of marketing and survey software. Very powerful and can have multiple uses in almost any organization.

Pros

Act-On's back end really customizable and you're able to make your emails look exactly how you want. The landing pages you make are able to capture documents (like jpgs or PDFs) so participants can upload files making it really easy to download all the attachments along with their responses at once. I also appreciated the ability to schedule survey reminders to participants in advance and to cross check that with live results. This means that you could schedule a reminder to go out at 8AM tomorrow, but if someone completed the survey at 7:59AM, they wouldn't receive the reminder. Great feature.

Cons

It's very admin and training heavy. The software is not intuitive and you need to setup the pieces of the survey/email first (I.e landing pages, contact list, etc) before you start working on the actual survey or email.

Hi Russell, Thanks for taking the time to post a review. It's great to hear about what you appreciate about Act-On and what we could improve upon. I encourage you to check out and leverage the Act-On User Community as a great resource for tips, tricks and troubleshooting. You can access it here: https://community.act-on.com/home Thanks again!

Quick to Learn, Easy to Use

Overall, it's just been a good experience. I had to learn this software at the same time as a handful of others related to my new responsibilities, and this was definitely the easiest to pick up on.

Pros

It didn't take long for me to learn how to use it, even without hands-on guidance. I primarily focus on a monthly campaign being sent to a massive group of clients, and I was able to refer to past ones created by my predecessor as a standard template. Designing is a very simple processes.

Cons

I didn't like the reporting at first, but, now that I better understand the information I being provided, it's better.

Hi Dan, Thanks for being an Act-On enthusiast and posting a review! We love your feedback. Cheers, Sarah

Act-On is a great platform and partner in educating users on marketing automation best practices

Pros

The most beneficial aspect of Act-On for my team and me is the ease in which you can create attractive templates for emails, landing pages and forms.

Cons

I do not have any major dislikes as far as the software platform is concerned. There have at times been minor issues, but support always does a great job quickly rectifying the situation.

Hi Doug, Thanks so much for posting an Act-On review on Capterra. We love hearing from customers and appreciate you sharing your feedback. Happy Marketing! Sarah

Act-On Has Become A Beneficial Process For Our Sales & Marketing Teams

We can consistently track visitors and create drip campaigns all from the same platform in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Act-On's ability to track customers that visit the website and what pages they subsequently visit afterwards.

Cons

It would be nice if Act-On would develop a system to track a visitor using an incognito window or private browser.

A strategic tool to build successful marketing campaigns

Having a marketing automation tool such as Act-on is a really benefit to run successful marketing campaign. When we started using Act-On, we realized we were not as organized as we thought we were; It kind of "forced" us (in a positive way) to rethink our campaigns, how we built them and what we expected from them. We were able for the first time to really segment and target our audience. We saw a...

Pros

Act-On’s automation platform is intuitive, I like the way the menu is built, it’s been made in a logical order so that when you move from one section to another, you go down the logical path to build automation. The support team is great, they’re efficient and patient ! There are many ways to find answers and tips; the Act-On community, the Act-On university, the online training courses, the webinars, everything is made for us to easily learn and efficiently use the platform.

Cons

Sometimes it takes us quite some times to do some simple tasks, for example when editing a step in an automated program, we have to wait a few seconds for the system to record what we edited and allow us to move to the next step. When there are many steps, it can become frustrating. Another example is when editing an image using Act-On editor, it can time many minutes before we can see the changes...

Thank you for posting your review. It's always great to get customer feedback on what's appreciated and what could be improved upon. Thanks again!

One of the Best Marketing Automation Programs I've Ever Used

My sales and marketing team had so many benefits from this software. The marketing and data analysts had high-level, quality reports that were as detailed or as broad as they wanted. The sales team had live information about their hottest leads and could rely on the lead-generation process to do things automatically. They didn't have to worry about information not being part of the CRM from Marketing because the integration made that seamless. Truly a great program and I didn't even have enough characters to talk about all of the other features too!

Pros

I liked everything about this software! It was truly an all-in-one deal. First of all, it integrated with our CRM (we used SugarCRM). The features related to this integration were: lead generation from our web forms, lead generation from our email campaigns, lead generation based on user action. It also pulled information in from our CRM, so any lead lists we created in our CRM (manually or automatically...

Cons

The most challenging features were the design elements. It was very template based and it took some CSS or HTML skills to make them less-standard. This was true for everything - emails, web pages, landing pages, etc.

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic review of Act-On! We really appreciate it and are glad to hear about your excellent experience with our solution. Happy Marketing! Sarah

Invaluable Marketing Asset

Pros

Act-On is a robust, yet easy-to-use solution that combines multiple marketing applications into one. It has been a workhorse for us. While it can serve more than a dozen vital functions, including social media management and ABM, I most appreciate its integration with our CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and how it can be used to automate nurture programs, score leads based on behavior/engagement, and monitor web site visitor activity. I’m also very impressed by members of the tech support team who are very patient and have bailed us out of an after hours pinch more than once.

Cons

Keeping up with the constant evolution of Act-On is a full-time job. I often feel like we’re 5 steps behind in understanding newly released features and everything it can do. Of course, that’s a good problem. My only true critique is that the organization seems to have gone through some growing pains and lost its personal touch along the way. When I first selected and implemented Act-On at my previous...

Agree with recent Forrester Wave Report

I started out using Marketo years ago and while I was a power user and loved the depth of features, others in the company found it to be complex and most could use it for only the basics. I moved on to Pardot and I really liked it, and I even attended their user conference three years ago in Atlanta - which unfortunately, was when they pass along the news to customer that they have been acquired...

Pros

Sincerely easier to use than others on the market, great overall feature set, love the dynamic content options, program templates were a game changer, account-based marketing provides visibility into how programs are doing at the Account-level that we haven't had.

Cons

The UI is slowly being overhauled but I'd like to see this go faster. Their out-of-box reports aren't great, but I haven't run across a marketing automation platform who has great reporting (I do like Marketo's Opportunity Analyzer report) and we use Data Studio to simply pull data out the way we want it to populate our reports in excel or Tableau

Meeting goals and driving leads with Act-On

Our overall experience has been great as we have been able to drive leads, gain marketing insights, and develop automated programs with easy to use templates we created.

Pros

Act-On offers automated program templates, all of which are completely customizable to meet our needs in driving leads in our marketing plan. The ease of use which is visually appealing with drag-and-drop, list segmenting, lead scoring options and integrations all work for our organization on both the user level and administrator level.

Cons

Pricing as this tool is at the higher end of some marketing resources. Also, the inability to schedule integrating segment runs at the earliest of four hours has caused issues with some of our marketing aspects.

Hi Ashley, Thank you for posting a review! We appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Sarah

Powerful and user friendly marketing automation suite with excellent customer support

We've been able to bring our marketing data into one place and create a more unified platform from which to send out our marketing campaigns.

Pros

We just started using Act-On a few months ago. We had debated marketing automation companies to go with for years. Overall, Act-On was able to go toe-to-toe in most regards with the other vendors we were considering, at least. The deciding factor was the pricing model, which is a bit unusual. They only charge you for "active" contacts, which are contacts you are actually reaching out to. You can import...

Cons

You'll get out of Act-On what you put into it. The support and university is there to guide you in that process, but it's ultimately up to you. That's how it is with any platform that doesn't offer in-house services, but with a marketing automation suite, you will really get more out of it if you have knowledgeable staff that have experience implementing and using these platforms. It can be daunting if it's your first time using a marketing automation suite. While Act-On is working on some new things, I don't know that they are putting as much effort behind investing into the product as some of the leading companies in the space. Also, some of the tools are a little rudimentary, and the UI could certainly use some modernizing. It feels too much like Windows XP at times.

Excellent Segmentation and Automation Tools

Act-On is instrumental for meeting our company's revenue goals with email marketing campaigns.

Pros

Act-On gives me the ability to get extremely specific with my target prospects and customers. It's easy to build new segments and immediately see the size of those groups. It's very useful for data mining and determining where to focus your marketing efforts. For example, in just a couple of minutes (assuming you've done the work to collect the information from customers and store them properly in...

Cons

The UI in some areas of the platform could use some design enhancements for aesthetics and for consistency throughout.

So great to hear that you're a fan of Act-On. Sounds like you're using it exactly as intended and seeing great results. That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing your review.

ActOn -- act on it!

ActOn allows me to get important professional messaging out to my target audience in a timely basis. I am impressed with their can-do customer support team. They always help me figure out a solution to building content. The software wear offers so much in terms of content marketing, form building and automated drip campaign functionality. The email content reporting and tracking is also very good.

Pros

I think you will find ActOn easy to use. I can quickly develop an email and define a target list and send as easily to 10 people or 100,000 people. I also like the reporting and graphs associated with a campaign. I also find the Form editor very valuable b/c I can quickly create a business need survey in a matter of minutes for my internal customers. The responses are easy to analyze b/c they are in spreadsheet form.

Cons

ActOn recently rolled out a new forms editor and they did not bring over the reporting URL feature from the Classic Form editor...this would make it easier for my internal customers to pull data vs having me pull the data for them.

Hi Rick, Thanks so much for posting your review! We appreciate your candor and will share your feedback with the product team. They continually work to improve Act-On for customers like you. All the best, Sarah

Great Automation Program, Especially for SugarCRM Users

Pros

Great support and product learning program. The integration with our CRM and overall features/ease-of-use was excellent. It was a pleasure working with their team.

Cons

I'd like to have more in-person user group opportunities to discuss best practices.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We actually did a user group series this fall (London, Irvine, Chicago) and will do many more in 2020. Hopefully, you can join us in 2020. In the meantime, I would encourage you to leverage Act-On Connect, our customer portal and the vibrant community to share best practices and pose your questions. You can find it here: https://connect.act-on.com/hc/en-us Cheers! Sarah

Act-On helps me stay organized and save time.

When Act-On is working smoothly, I am able to keep in contact with my prospects, to know what they are looking at and what interests them as well as to determine how I need to send communications to them. The insight that Act-On provides into the life of the leads is very helpful by allowing me to stay organized and save time.

Pros

With Act-On's Activity History, I am able to view a Timeline that helps to keep me organized so I know what I may still need to send and so that I have a good idea about whether or not my prospects are getting communications that they should. Sometimes, with email blasts emails may not get through an organization's spam filter, but using the Activity History and Timeline in Act-On and testing by sending things through Act-On Anywhere in Outlook help to determine who need to receive emails alternate ways.

Cons

Often times, maintenance and issues are not brought to our attention prior to us having issues with the software not working or causing issues with our campaigns. Having warnings in advance of when maintenance is being done or of possible known issues so that we can watch for them and be prepared would help a great deal.

Hi Robin, Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate it. If you haven't already, I would encourage you to join the Act-On user Community. It's a great place to connect with fellow marketers, submit product enhancement and feature suggestions, as well as share best practices. https://community.act-on.com/ideation-home Happy marketing!

Act-On for small B2B business

We needed a platform to help us segment and reach customers across many varied products lines, and this has helped. Adding in customer service analytics and social media mindshare, and we are pleased with what Act-On provides.

Pros

Ease of use is first and foremost. To create, segment and automate emails of value that will reach our varied customer base is key for us. The social media aspect of Act-On is also a valued feature that not only allows us to plan when our content is shared but what content hits at the right time. We don't use the scoring as much as most companies probably do, but our dive into behavioral analytics through Act-On is yielding great results as well.

Cons

Main dislike: More personalization for our sales force to view how their customers are responding. Dashboard is fine, for sure, but we'd love a better way for them to witness the contacts happening.

Thanks for the great feedback. If you haven't already, check out the Act-On User Community for best practice sharing. You'll also find a recent on-demand webinar there about Act-On and Sales Enablement. https://community.act-on.com/home Cheers! Sarah

Good marketing automation, with some catches

Overall, Dynamics CRM is the biggest problem; however, if Act-On is going to support its integration with the platform, it has to better understand it. Besides that, I like the tool. It has a lot of bells and whistles and is competitively priced against similar marketing automation programs.

Pros

Once you learn it, you realize how nice of a tool it is. Email campaigns, lead scoring, assessing total voice of customer -- it's all there.

Cons

Unless you get the white glove setup service, it's tough to really figure out what you're doing at first. I would not recommend for Dynamics CRM (it's missing features that other CRMs have). The Outlook email template plugin is nice when it works, but more often than not, there are problems. I do wish they help you better understand what data fields are required in both Act-On as well as the CRM, and how to add/edit what is being integrated.

Hi Matt, Thanks so much for posting a review of Act-On. I would encourage you to check out Act-On's customer portal, Act-On Connect. It's full of great resources for customers and includes a customer community for sharing best practices. https://connect.act-on.com/hc/en-us Cheers, Sarah

Best Marketing Automation Tool ever!

Coming from no experience at all, to being able to automate programs and have all the detailed information and reporting on them is a huge step for me. I've been using other Marketing Automation platforms also, but they are just to complicated. Act-On is very user-friendly and easy to use, learn and understand, and also has very detailed step-by-step guides to every feature they offer, besides the courses you can go over at their University. Customer support is always there to help and very effective.

Pros

That you can do everything in one place, you don't need to code anything, (it is useful if you want to improve features or personalize a little bit more, but really not necessary) all modules are easy to use. You have Social Media, Automation, Reporting, Scoring, detailed contact information, connectors, etc.

Cons

I think that lists could be updated a bit, like being able to sort by any of the columns. I don't like that they don't have a connector for Instagram and only to webinar options.

Hi Diana, Thanks so much for your positive review! We love your feedback and are so glad you're an Act-On enthusiast. Cheers! Sarah

Best Cost-Effective Marketing Automation Software

Our company has tried different Marketing vendors, and not every experience has been a pleasant one. This is why I can say with confidence that Act-On is the best Marketing Software that we have found. Not only do they deliver a great product, but the customer experience has been stellar from Day One. You can really feel they care about their customers and I especially love the fact that I am not treated...

Daily Act-On User

It is an excellent tool to use whilst prospecting and almost provided you with 'warm' leads, especially when they return to your website and look at product details etc.

Pros

The only feature I use is to see who has been on our website. You are able to see who has been on your website and what links they have clicked on. Works really well when sending out speculative mails. You are able to see who actually looks at your mails and who has a genuine interest when they click further into links.

Cons

On occasions you can see someone has been on the website, but can't track down who (as no IP address present) I understand this may be security measures their end and there is no way of ever knowing. I have real issues linking ActOn with my Outlook mail.

Thanks for the feedback, Emma!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.