All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Omnisend Reviews

Pros

Great email marketing software which allows your marketing team to create amazing newsletters. The great advantage is that you can easily automate some tasks as welcome emails, abandoned cart, etc.

Read the full review
Our overall experience is super positive and we've recommended it multiple times to other businesses.

David C.

Read the full review
The product picker makes adding products to your campaigns a breeze and the predefined templates not only look great from standard but are super easy to customize.

Daniel F.

Read the full review

Cons

Banned me for reason as I just transfer my old customer email to this place. Many of my customer doesn't know that and reported spam.

Lisa L.

Read the full review
Some users have complained that they did not receive the email.

Teo D.

Read the full review
I hate that I can't integrate multiple shops in one platform.

Rola A.

Good email service for shopify sites

Transcript

Fraser N.: Hi, I'm Fraser. I'm the founder of a marketing consultancy, and I'd like to give Omnisend...

Excellent email marketing tool

I have been able to communicate with my customers and stay connected with them. Omnisend has made it possible to send emails with ease, set up campaigns and monitor traffic on my store.

Pros

Email marketing has always been one task I love to avoid because I thought it required a lot of settings. When I got introduced to Omnisend, it has been a relief. I love its simplicity and it doesn't require setting ups. Its quick to start with and most importantly its user friendly. Omnisend allows me to grow my business through email marketing and also have the ability to build landing pages.

Cons

It would be great to have RSS integrated email for blog posts. It would also save time to tag your group of customers instead of creating a separate list.

Is Omnisend right for you?

Omnisend has made my email marketing automated so I spend less time on the emails.

Pros

I have been using several email campaign providers for the past 10 years yet none have had the best customer service, a simple set up and amazing templates that you can customize. As a newbie to the software it can be intimidating but the youtube videos are so helpful. If you get stuck Omnisend has great customer service very polite and they respond very quickly. It was also easy to set up. I had to use an API to transfer my information to Omnisend so I just followed the directions. The Omnisend directions give you print screens so it makes it that much easier to follow. Lastly, Omnisend has easy to use templates just drag and drop. Thank you, creators, of Omnisend for taking the time to hear what the email marketers need!

Cons

This software is easy to use and can feel that you are doing something wrong. Also if you need major tech support they do take a day to answer and that can be stressful if you need them as soon as possible.

Omnisend Has a Specialization Which Is eCommerce

I would use Omnisend without thinking about it twice, especially if my store makes use of the most popular cart software out there. It integrates well with many of them!

Pros

Almost everything that you would need in email marketing software and autoresponder is present in Omnisend. However, Omnisend is actually dedicated to e-commerce, and it's a great piece of software if you are running an online store for the automation capabilities that it provides. Although you can use it for just sending mass emails, you wouldn't be utilizing it the best way in that manner. About...

Cons

This is a pretty powerful tool for anyone who is running an online store. I can't seem to find anything to complain about while writing this.

Promising, but still a lot of work to do.

Meh is the best way to describe it. I'm using a number of the features but do not have confidence I'm using it correctly or well. Getting support in a timely and sufficent manner is abysmal at best. Chat doesn't cut it for the depth of insight I'm looking for. Not nearly as resposonsive or interactice as it can and should be.

Pros

The apps integration with Shopify is what appealed most to me, and it appears to be fairly full featured. I was transitioning from MailChimp and needed a solution that offered turnkey engagment tools i.e. pop-up, automation workflows and email.

Cons

Frankly, it's not nearly as intuitive as it should be, not the tools of the help system.

Love email marketing

It has made email marketing super easy and consistent way to grow my business

Pros

Easy to use to create email marketing campaigns and keep track of revenue generated from all the campaigns

Cons

The only think i would like to see improved is ability to add video or gifs and the increase file size for images

Easy newsletter for shopify customers and not only

Pros

Omnisend allows you to define complex automatic communication workflow with different channels: email, SMS, push, facebook, you name it. The template editing is not the best, but still quite powerful and intuitive.

Cons

The signup workflow from Shopify works only for customers signed up via the form, not for customers that signed up during an order. This cause quite a lot of friction, I hope they will add the order as a trigger in the future. To use the more advanced channels like SMS, push notification and Facebook messages, you need to pay a more expensive plan. For a small business, it may be not possible.

Hi Filippo! Thank you so much for leaving such an unbiased and detailed feedback for our application. After reading your comment, we wanted to reach out with some clarification on your last comment. We indeed don't have a built-in solution for triggering the Welcome automation when subscribing to the check-out page. But, we may offer a workaround when defining the properties that distinguish those...

Good email service for shopify sites

Once a template is established it makes running a newsletter easier than some competitors - very quick and easy to send out and was a better choice than Mailchimp for an ecommerce brand

Pros

It makes good looking emails very quickly and integrates well with Shopify. Support is also very quick and helpful

Cons

It does not have very good selection of optin forms and the formatting available is quite poor so this could definitely be improved

Great e-commerce email marketing software

Omnisend has been great and has other features like messenger bot integration and integration with social media that we will be implementing in the future. 2 thumbs up.

Pros

I LOVE Omnisend. My client had to switch from mailchimp to another software for her e-commerce business, something that would integrate with Shopify, and we found omnisend. The templates are beautiful and easily changeable and editable. The interface and backend design is clean and easy to use, and we can even see who bought items from specific emails so we know what works and what doesn't. Plus it's super affordable. Definitely recommend for a small online e-commerce business.

Cons

I had a little issue changing the email and password but was able to resolve it through customer service.

So easy to use!

I fully admit that I am not using Omnisend to the full extent that I should be. My email campaigns are sporadic at best, but when I go in to create a new email campaign, it's super easy. My email list has grown, and I'm not tearing my hair out in frustration. There are loads of features that I have yet to explore, and I know I'll need to sign up for the paid version in order to do that, but for beginners, I definitely recommend Omnisend over Mailchimp.

Pros

I'm not tech-illiterate, but Mailchimp frustrated me to no end (for years!). When Shopify and Mailchimp broke up, I switched to Omnisend, and learned to use it and send out an email campaign within a couple of hours. It was so easy!

Cons

I started using the free trial, and then just stayed on the free version, so I think that some of the things I set up may not be working properly. It would have been nice to have a breakdown of which features are now turned off, but that is mostly just my own fault for not looking into it.

Great email marketing option

Omnisend has been a good solution for creating emails that engage my customers. I feel it is a big upgrade from Mailchimp (who I used previously).

Pros

Omnisend is easy to set up and works smoothly. I find their templates easy to customize and creating an email always takes less time than I think it will.

Cons

I wish their templates were a bit more customizable - more fonts, more options to create totally custom content.

Good App - lots of options, good support & easy to set up

Pros

I love the live view of the software & find it captures much more data than I ever did on MailChimp as to who has clicked through & actions taken. The abandoned cart in particular is way more effective than mailchimp ever waas. After years of having a social media company manage my newsletter, I moved to ominsend when MailChimp stopped working with Shopify. I was able to manage the migration myself...

Cons

I love that this app has pop up's built-in but I wish they were more customizable to my theme. The wheel for example doesn't go with my color scheme so I haven't been using it. I have been trying to build a pop up exit offer to link to a quiz but can't get it to look right or work. I have tried several but have never put any into use as they either don't match my colour theme or I can't get them...

seamless marketing platform with Affordable pricing

Great experience and enjoy the consistent and reliable automated email marketing that frees up my time

Pros

The seamless experience and its simplicity in the to design and automate email campaigns, and forms.

Cons

The email templates that you build do not always look the same when you open them on mobile devices. Specifically, I noticed the mail app on Apple Iphone's do not display the email in the same way that the gmail app would display it.

Omnisend - A good alternative to Mailchimp

Our small business has been a paid user of Omnisend for 2 years now and I really love how everything works well and get our mailers and abandoned cart emails delivered to customers' inboxes on time!

Pros

I like that the staff are very prompt and attentive to our inquiries and that the email automation actually works (not being categorised as 'spam' by email providers) with reports of opening and clicking rate.

Cons

I wish there was a one-click button option for us to request for installation or integration of the Omnisend mailers with our website as it is quite frustrating to have to manually request in the chat system everytime we change our site template. Apart from that, I think it would be good if the automation form could auto-generate a promo code everytime a customers registers a valid email address with us so customers do not have to wait for the email containing the discount to purchase with us.

Not Bad... I like some of it, but they raised priced significantly this past year....

so, so... again as I have stated, I am ok with a price increase from companies as I realize companies need to improve margins and top-line sales revenue, but as a customer of theirs for nearly 2 years and glowing recommendations to my friends/ colleagues in the industry... I no longer recommend the product as you can get more value for your dollar for what they now charge. But for me at this time, their hooks are in tight at this point, so Im stuck for the moment but will be looking for a new platform to switch to soon unless they reduce their price which I know they wont AND/ OR improve the value for what I am now having to spend.

Pros

Not Bad... I like the product and have been using it for 2 1/2 years - and I signed up originally because the price was great, but now, I don't love the platform for the price they now charge. The company raised the price significantly this past year... when I say significantly, I mean close to 400% -- and nothing really really changed for the price increase. I would have switched platforms actually because I don't like the following features, or lack thereof for the price they now charge: - Lack of themes like pre-built Black Friday, Holiday, Cyber Monday, etc themes - You have to re-fill in your social media information each/ every time you send a new email campaign - Email templates they do have are somewhat dated, and are not fresh/ modern

Cons

Best email service for new bloggers!

Amazing! Even the customer service is really good.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use this email service. I used Mailchimp for years, and struggled with the outdated features. There was nothing keeping me loyal to Mailchimp so I looked around for a new email service. I used plenty of email services (mailjet, sendinblue, Mailchimp) out there before I came across Omnisend. Mailchimp sucks - just trying to create 1 email takes forever because it’s so laggy....

Cons

Honestly, I’ve been using Omnisend for a few months now and I can’t think of anything I dislike about the service. After using so many crappy email services, I can’t believe I didn’t find Omnisend sooner.

OmniSend, is a god send!

Pros

There is a lot that OmniSend does extremely well, we used to use Klaviyo in the past and it was an absolute nightmare, the interface was disgusting and so clunky to use. When we swapped to OmniSend, we honestly will never go back to anything else. OmniSend's interface and ease of use are insane for the price that you pay. Would 100% recommend it to any of my colleagues and continually do!

Cons

As a company with a very strong focus on how things look, there are a few design additions I think that could be added, along with some pre-created templates that are filled with content. Something similar to how MailChimp does it? Just a suggestion!

Omnisend HELPED our online revenue

Our overall online revenue has really skyrocketed since using Omnisend. Before we were just relying on social media posts when it came to online marketing. With Omnisend we are now GURANTEED to hit the inbox of everyone who has purchased from us and wants updates. This is the exact audience who will purchase from us again all due to our Omnisend e-blasts!

Pros

I find that Omnisend works really great for our small company! I love that we can track our sales from our campaigns and show that the cost of Omnisend is really paying for itself from the revenue we receive from our e-blasts! Overall it is a pretty simple interface and we choose to use it over other larger email marketing programs.

Cons

I'm not extremely knowledgeable about coding. I find that when I use the "Featured Items" template on mobile devices it stacks the items rather than keeping them in a row as displayed on desktop. I would really like if this feature kept my elements in a row because otherwise it makes my email very lengthy.

I've been impressed so far

I'm hoping that having a reliable email marketing app will help me to send more regular emails to my customer list...and I am certain that will help my sales. So far so good.

Pros

The emails are easy to put together using their interface, and most importantly, they are beautiful. For a company like mine (selling jewelry online), that is extremely important. I am always short on time, so any software that makes marketing easier for a reasonable price is attractive to me. I've been impressed so far by Omnisend. I've tried multiple email marketing apps, and this one is my favorite to date.

Cons

I am not entirely familiar with all the ins and outs of Omnisend yet, so I don't think I can speak to any structural issues or large problems it might have. They might be there, but so far I haven't seen any. There are features I'd like to see that Omnisend doesn't yet offer, like integrating with review apps to include snippets of reviews in abandoned cart emails. But maybe they will include that at some future point.

The best alternative to all the higher priced softwares

I swear to my queen Omnisend. 😝🤣 but really, I would recommend this to anyone in the e-commerce space. It’s even better than klaviyo and I thought klaviyo was ALL THAT.

Pros

THE PRICE! Are you kidding me?! Compared to mailchimp this is pennies. I couldn’t belive I had been spending so much. Such a great team, reply quickly etc.

Cons

The send limits in the beginning but it’s not the worst thing in the world and it actually does your account very good to ensure you don’t go to spam. It’s just annoying

Easy to use, saves time

quick and easy marketing and saves a lot of my time

Pros

I like how Omnisend helps me to market my products and increase my sales. Email marketing, push notifications, scratch cards, reports, contact list updates...

Cons

when you need to go back if you forgot something, no option to open the next step in new tab

Best email marketing software that I've used!

My overall experience with Omnisend has been amazing. This software has allowed me to automate my email marketing and start building relationships with customers and everyone else who comes in contact with my brand.

Pros

I love that it gives me the ability to visualize my automated workflows before building them out. It allows me to craft our brand experience and customize it for different groups of people.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. So far it has all of the features that I need and more.

What a find!

On-boarding was a breeze and the templates to create emails are very easy and great looking. The integration with Shopify and the capabilities in automation are very strong. I was able to replicate workflows I previously had in HubSpot (a tool that can cost $11,000+ annually) with no issue at all. Prior to Omnisend I was in MailChimp for a couple months after leaving HubSpot due to not being able to justify the cost. I'm very pleased to have found Omnisend.

Pros

I've used many tools int he past, including MailChimp and HubSpot, and Omni send is by far the the more powerful email template/creative platform.

Cons

Not much to say negative. Maybe the ability to send MMS in addition to SMS messages. When talking to existing and engaged customers it would be nice to be able to include graphically based messages. Would also be nice to be able to put messaging on hold for a defined amount of time for active clients that let us know they are traveling or can't order for some reason. We are a weekly service so that request from our clients is pretty common.

OmniSend is perfect for Shopify connection.

Pros

I like that OmniSend links perfectly with Shopify, we used to use MailChimp and since have made the swap due to MailChimp cutting off the connection. However we don't regret the change whatsoever, and OmniSend's interface is easy to use and train new staff on.

Cons

I feel like there are some areas that OmniSend could improve on mainly when it comes to customisation, as a graphic designer, there are some features lacking such as kerning and whatnot that would take OmniSend to the same level as competitors such as MailChimp.

Great tool for email marketing

Pros

Its clean, very easy to use, very intuitive and provides great reports...

Cons

I´m still missing some key functionalities like integrated web-forms to incorporate into my website and eliminate the need for other additional middle-man apps to collect all my leads...

Great all-in-one app

Pros

I love the Live View so that I can see which products are being removed from the cart most often. I also love how easy it is to set up my marketing automations. Super user-friendly!

Cons

I wish it would allow you to create a custom e-mail template that you can use to create future campaigns. I end up having to start from scratch every time.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.