SurveyMonkey Reviews

User ratings

4.6

9.5K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.67/10

See full reviews by rating

Happy using surveymonkey, once I prepared office Christmas party and I used it to create a voting platform to present funny awards to the employees.
I love survey monkey I feel this is one of the best survey software out there. The setup process is very fast and seamless.
Customization on this platform is really fantastic and everything is so easily customizable, the user interface is slick and clean and very friendly looking.
The company's take on my dilemma was - "Pay for it" and you'll get the information you need. In my opinion they shouldn't bother having a free version of this software if it functions that poorly.
And completing would give you typically anywhere between 0.5-2. All surveys initially start with a few boring routine questions, which make you pissed off.
There should be more protection factors when approving registrations and preventing fraud.

9,519 reviews

Rissa G.

Marketing Manager

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Pretty good, but not my favorite

Transcript

Rissa: Hi, I'm Rissa. I'm a digital marketing manager in the BioHealth industry and I give SurveyMonkey...

Alexandria K.

Owner

Retail, 1-10 employees

It's free and gets the job done

Transcript

Alexandria H.: My name is Alexandria, and I am the owner of a women's retail store. And I give SurveyMonkey...

Neil D.

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

The most reliable survey platform

Pros

SurveyMonkey is a reliable platform to conduct online surveys. It is an innovator that offers a range of features, such as survey types, custom questions, and integrations with third-party services. We used it to conduct research for our latest report on the L&D industry. Also, its reporting and mobile app - both are fantastic!

Cons

I faced a bit of an issue with SurveyMonkey support, they were not very efficient but this might an one of case.

Geniene P.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

Survey Monkey is great but price keeps us away

We stopped using it in 2016 but it was a great piece of software. I have tried to use it recently but the 10 questions and limits to the number of entries, stopped us using it and we developed a Php system that does something very similar if not as wonderful as Survey Monkey. Hopefully they will have a product range for entrepreneurs that doesn't block us from every useful item on the system at a reasonable price. Until then I will continue to visit their site once a year to see if there is a reseller program or something that will allow us to return.

Pros

I loved Survey Monkey and we used it for a number of years when it was affordable. It was the most affordable software on the market and a yearly fee meant we could use it for all our client software without it making us bankrupt. It had all the features such as being able to use one survey from multiple terminals, we could loop it and customize the link, so it worked well on all our websites. Each customer had their own templates (even though it was the same template it had their own branding), the input was simple and the output, well that outranked anything else on the market. Analysing the data was simple and the output wow''d our customers base.

Cons

There was nothing we didn't like about this software. But the price became prohibitive for a company our size. We didn't need the new bells and whistles that the new and improved software brought to the table. We were happy to have simple items but we then started to find other software that perhaps wasn't the same in calibre but we could make it work for our price point.

Gabriela F.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Encuestas Imposibles

Mi experiencia general es mala, tiene mucha publicidad en las redes, la recomiendan, pero no es muy fiable, no es practico, redirige permanentemente a otros enlaces y finalmente, cuando clasificas para una encuesta y la estar terminado, se cae la pagina, después de 20 minutos de trabajo y el mensaje es, no ha calificado para esta encuesta, es un fraude.

Pros

No me ha gustado ninguna característica de este software.

Cons

Lo que menos me ha gustado son los defectos técnicos que presenta en general, no es confiable

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

BL

Brittany L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Intuitive Use + Templates To Boot

Pros

I have been using Survey Monkey, chosen to do so and also thrusted upon me in prior work environments, and enjoy its array of added features as of late including templates for so many niches, types of studies, specific demographics etc. I have mainly used it internally or for HQ to district and regional subsidies for polling of employees at all levels; however, I can also see how it's handy for public-facing polling and have recently begun doing that with success so far! Happy I made that choice!

Cons

I would prefer a few more integrations for my Shopify and social media presence(s) online for my various social enterprise accounts. But, other than that, it's a great tool especially for the price.

Amit B.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

SurveyMonkey - A Great Insights Gathering Tool

In short this tool is really as per our modern day information gathering requirements , ability to get feedbacks that too in large volumes and rendering into final processed format is really very helpful.

Pros

The ability to take user's inputs and feedbacks and ability to send them to required areas to finally generate needed metrics influencing a lot of business decisions is a very important process. This tool does the same very efficiently.

Cons

There's nothing much to dislike as the tool gives us the needed results and we hope to keep utilizing same in future as well.

Raj S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Useful data analysis software

Pros

Creating surveys is quick and easy by using SurveyMonkey. It provides a variety of options for customizing the type of response which is expected from the users for example checkboxes for multiple options or a radio button for a single option to be selected, etc. It helps in generating insightful reports from the survey data.

Cons

It enables us to send reports to a number of people in a group but there is no feature currently for sending customized reports to a single user in particular.

Belinda F.

Research, self-employed

Survey monkey as the best software for building survey and data analysis

This software is good for creating surveys, collecting data and doing analysis

Pros

It allows one to create surveys, process data (including voluminous/large data) by adopting several reporting tools, that help to provide analysis. It is also cheaper and very easy to use.

Cons

One thing that's not so cool about this software is the fact that the free version (basic) allows for only 10 questions with 100 respondents. Also, the design themes are limited, as there's not enough to choose from. They're about 12

Brittany H.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Love it!!

Pros

I make extra money everyday doing easy surveys on survey monkey!

Cons

Sometime the surveys don't accept me but I just try again!

Kaycee W.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Survey monkey

Pros

Easy to earn money and rewards by taking sorry surveys

Cons

More and easier qualifying surveys and fast and lower payouts

Luis Humberto A.

Animation, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Survey Monkey is one of the best Form's Website if you have a Business

I use Survey Monkey to make polls about my work and sometimes I help my university.

Pros

Easy to use, the UI looks clean and even if you're new you can understand what you're doing and explains the things you can do, works excellent if you have a Business and you need a good looking Poll, works perfect, you can use some templates even if you are a new user. I like a lot survey monkey because works so smoothly

Cons

I find the price a little bit excessive if you're trying to do only one poll or something small, but thats all.

Ömer Faruk Y.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

If you report to multiple people Dashboard feature is a must have solution.

We have been using software for the last 7 months. Due to the nature of our field of expertise, stakeholder involvement has a major role in policy-making processes in higher education management. To be able to organise all surveys and polls in a single platform and to be able to report from multiple surveys in simple but effective dashboards is the selling point of Surveymonkey. As we design and implement surveys for our activities like online trainings or meetings, Surveymonkey helps us create different dashboards for the moderators to see their specific feedback without any hassle. We started implementing some quizzes to the system recently, and feedback from the test takers is very good.

Pros

Surveymonkey all in one survey tool for small enterprises and institutions. Reporting tools is unique among their alternatives. The ability to create custom dashboards for different users or managers is one of the key selling points of the software. You can create quick dashboards in minutes with the specific filtered points of the survey showing only desired parts of your survey. The best part of the dashboard is they are live and updated as survey takers take the survey. As some high-level staff may require instant reports, PDF and PPT reporting is a very effective and quick way to feed that kind of need.

Cons

Branding tools need to be improved. The ability to install your own fonts would be a great add-on. Accounts are accessible through two concurrent PCs. It is sometimes a nuisance to access the system from a new PC. Exam features are quite limited. Exam reporting and dashboard features must be added.

AN

Alex N.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Advance Survey creation and collection software at a reasonable price

SurveyMonkey met our required needs, which was running a semi-anonymous internal survey for approximately 100 employees. The survey in question was large enough that it could potentially take up to an hour to complete and we were able to make full use of the built in skip logic to allow the submitters to avoid entire sections that did not apply to them. The cost was also extremely reasonable for what was being offfered.

Pros

SurveyMonkey offered all of the features our company required in order to run a employee supervisor satisfaction and evaluation survey at a reasonable price. Our primary requirement was the ability to run the survey semi-anonymously so that we could track who responded to the survey without linking response data to a particular submitter and SurveyMonkey handled this perfectly. Additionally the ability...

Cons

While most of the features are easy enough to use that a none technically included user could handle most of the creation, issuing, and analyzing process there were some areas that required our IT personal to provide advice and assistance. Mostly this was due to the language used to describe certain features not being intuitive enough. While most things were very straight forward the skip logic and collector logic required some experimentation in order to fully determine how they would behave since we found the descriptions to be to ambiguous.

Andrew K.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Easy and Cost Effective

Overall, I highly recommend Survey Monkey for quick and easy survey creation. Even at the free version level, there are a variety of quality features that will make this program very useful for both collecting and analyzing data. The interface is incredibly user friendly, and when used in tandem with the mobile app, this product is very convenient and effective for basic survey needs.

Pros

The Survey Monkey platform gives you a variety of ways to customize your surveys, including multiple choice, short answer, and true/false. It also allows you to easily duplicate previous surveys so that you are not re-creating templates you wish to use regularly. The platform also provides excellent analytics for reviewing responses and trends so that you can better understand and track the results of your surveys. The option to make surveys anonymous is also extremely beneficial for more sensitive topics. The best part is, all of this functionality is available through the free version of the platform. The mobile app is also incredible accessible and easy to use.

Cons

The ability to truly customize your survey (logs, fonts, footers, etc.) is strictly reserved to paid subscriptions. The free version of the application gives you up to a maximum of 10 questions, so unless you want to pay the monthly fee, your surveys need to be very concise. For business use, a monthly subscription requires a minimum of three users at $25 per user. This cost adds up quickly, so unless you are implementing surveys very regularly, you may not see the full value.

RD

Roxanne D.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Survey Monkey allows honest feedback

The software may not be user friendly for those who are creating the survey but it is quite straightforward for those who are giving their feedbacks. When survey monkey was used by the organization to strengthen our organization. We were free to answer honestly and anonymously.

Pros

Survey monkey allows you to be anonymous which allows the feedback to be honest. We use survey monkey in our organization to resolve conflicts and for the use of organisational growth. Since it can be anonymous no one have to fear to type what they actually think and HR will know how to move forward since the feedbacks would be considered honest and not forced.

Cons

Even though survey monkey is beneficial to our organization it as a few cons. We needed a method to use in our department to resolve an issue and would like to do so without anyone fearing to speak because they would be judged or the issue would have just gotten worst. So we decided to use survey monkey. I most say it got the job done but we had a few hiccups along the way. Firstly, the software isn't user friendly for beginners. It doesn't offer many selections when it comes on to customization. We had to choose from only 12. The package that you get at the standard rate limits you alot and if you want more you have to upgrade.

BE

Ben E.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Aesthetically pleasing, effective, and highly customizable

Overall, I'm highly satisfied with SurveyMonkey for our organization's needs. Working for a social organization, our marketing efforts deviate from the standard corporate or business needs. One of our biggest efforts is receiving feedback from programming or educational content and SurveyMonkey has been instrumental in allowing us to do that.

Pros

Having used other products similar to SurveyMonkey, I can safely say that SurveyMonkey is one of the most aesthetically pleasing. Its customization allows for branding and personalizing forms to keep marketing efforts in-line with brand standards.

Cons

To have access to more robust analytics, it requires a higher paid plan, which is unfortunate. Paying for a mid-tier option, it feels like those analytics should be included.

FAIBREY D.

Farming, 5,001-10,000 employees

Data Collection and Analysis Master

It has simplified to a great extent on how we gather information from our customers and employees. It has improved on time taken to complete a research topic, materials needed for the task, saving costs and accuracy of collected data.

Pros

The first beautiful thing I like is that their website and the mobile application are very responsive and have a great user interface that enables us to complete tasks in a short period of time. On features, I am impressed that it gives me well made templates on how i want my questionnaire to look like. I do not need special designing skills as everything is already set and I just need to input my...

Cons

The only time I had troubles was when i was using the mobile application to create a questionnaire and I closed the app before completion. All my work was lost as it did not save it automatically and I had to start again. Another problem is that it does not allow work to be done offline.

CR

Cole R.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

The Leading Survey Software on the Market

Overall, we are very pleased with how SurveyMonkey helps us successfully tackle a wide array of tasks. The product is so incredibly customizable which allows it to be reconstructed to help us with everything from weekly surveys to determine lunch orders for employees, to satisfaction surveys, to focus group surveys, to product questionnaires, and more. The greatest value SurveyMonkey provides any business is time-savings. The product makes survey creation, distribution, results tracking and collection, and analyzation quicker than any manual labor or combination of other softwares.

Pros

Much like with any product or software, ease of use is the most important pro because it defines the entire user experience. SurveyMonkey's ease of use and compatibility with a variety of systems and softwares earn the product an A+. After a few login's and explorations of the software, it quickly becomes apparent that the design of this product is well-thought out and strategic. The flow from between...

Cons

More than any other product or software I have ever reviewed, SurveyMonkey has the fewest cons. Truthfully, from our experience with the software, there really are no stand-out cons that we've been unhappy about. When having to thoroughly consider all aspects of the product, I'd say the greatest con is the cost of the product. We operate on a business plan that charges per user with a minimum requirement of 3 users per plan. I'd like to see plan options with preset amount of users that would offer better rates. The cost of the Personal Plans are much much worse and mostly require annual payments versus monthly which locks you in for one year and I think the lack of flexibility there is SurveyMonkey's biggest upset. I'd hardly ever consider their use for personal at their current costs.

KB

Kristen B.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

It's free, and the known and rusted name helps you get better results.

Businesses and non-profits need feedback, and SurveyMonkey is a free, easy, and efficient way of getting that feedback, and putting it into an analyzable form you can use. Having the ability to track your data and responses, chart them, even download your results, is invaluable for those who use member / customer / client feedback. In a non-profit for example, sending an email to people who didn't renew their membership to ask why they didn't renew was able to give us valuable information. We learned that some of the reminder mailings were not reaching the right people. By making some adjustments and making sure we always had correct contact information on file, we were able to drastically increase membership retention numbers.

Pros

It's free. That is the main appeal to me when I ran a small business, and also when I was involved with non-profit organizations that don't have a budget for professional surveys. Survey Monkey has been around for over a decade (maybe even over fifteen years?) and it is a well-known name in many industry circles, certainly in the non-profits I worked with. People are much more willing to click on...

Cons

It's hard to complain about free software. With all free software, there are limitations you don't get in the paid versions, which is to be expected, and I have no complaints about that.

RB

Rob B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Power your surveys with SurveyMonkey

Recently I was reading often about the SurveyMonkey app and that many people use it and finally decided to try it and see whether is cool or not. I was little skeptic at the beginning but when I created my account and saw the design and how easy it is to work with the app I got involved with it. As I said earlier it brings joy to create your surveys such easy and finally they look even better than...

Pros

I think this is a cool software because of: 1. It is very easy to use web application. 2. It has an intuitive design and you do not have to waste time in understanding how to create your survey. Everything can be done in a few minutes. 3. You can either create the survey on your own or you can even just answer some questions and the program will create the survey for you. Of course, you will need to...

Cons

I didn't found any inconvenience using the app so I think it supports many things and it gives you a good feeling using it. Maybe some people will not like that for some features you need to pay some price, but I think the price is very good for the many features it brings to you. And if you want powerful surveys, this is your app.

Mental Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Benchmark Solution for Survey Creation Comes with a Price

I've had nothing but wonderful experiences working with Survey Monkey. Whether it be the ease to make professional looking survey with from scratch or using their amazing library of temples, the effortless collection of responses from your surveys whether they have been posted on your website or or embedded in social Media platform, or the dynamic looking reports you can create literally with a push of a button, this a wonderful yet slightly expensive survey solution .

Pros

This is hands down the best and comprehensive survey creation, tracking, and monitoring Solution out there, and there are many to choose from. Others might feature some gimmick that can't be found within Survey Monkey, but none of the others come with such a robust set of features and tools.

Cons

It's not cheap. And don't go expecting to get back with a free trial or limited plan, unless who want to be frustrated? From utilizing their amazing library of templates to monitoring any size volume of responses to utilizing their recruiting and panel services when you're short on time but need results, you want to make sure to not cheap on the plan select.

EM

Edward M.

1,001-5,000 employees

Professional Survey Creator

Survey Monkey has benefited the company that I work for because it allows us to quickly create surveys that are professional and that make it easy for people to respond. The feature that allows you to filter responses has been one of the most beneficial for my company as it helps us to ensure the people that respond to our surveys are the intended audience. For example, if we want to survey supervisors,...

Pros

The thing about Survey Monkey that I like best are its survey templates. Survey Monkey has so many templates of surveys that are professionally built and designed. The questions that are in the templates are diverse, educated and are all designed with the purpose of the survey in mind. Each question in the templates have its own purpose and is important for the bottom line. I like that if you want to use a template but don't want a specific question or you want to add an additional question or edit an existing question - you can. Survey Monkey's templates are fully customizable.

Cons

I do not like that the Survey Monkey logo and branding appear on all surveys that you create with Survey Monkey. The branding even appears in most of the paid versions of Survey Monkey. I think that - especially if you are paying for an account, that you should be able to opt-out of having the Survey Monkey advertising or branding on your surveys. This is important because when you distribute a survey,...

Gabriele A.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Un ottima piattaforma per creare form belli ma costosi

Pros

L'interfaccia è super intuitiva e comoda da utilizzare. Esiste un piano gratuito (ben nascosto nella pagina prezzi) che include ciò che serve per iniziare a creare un form automatizzato e che sia "eye catching" rispetto al solito Google Drive Form o rispetto alle scarne domande fatte via mail. SurveyMonkey ha, oltre alla piattaforma per creare form, anche un servizio per l'acquisto di dati quantitativi relativi ad un determinato ambito, area o servizio.

Cons

Il piano gratuito è uno specchietto per le allodole: offre la possibilità di creare solo 10 domande per form con la raccolta di max 10 risposte non categorizzabili. Mi chiedo davvero a chi posa servire così limitato! Il piano successivo che toglie il limite nelle risposte non è quello immediatamente successivo da 16€/mese ma si deve salire già a quello da 39€/mese (piano STANDARD) per avere un piano normale e in linea con la concorrenza, quantomeno in termini di funzionalità. Per questi motivi sconsiglio l'uso di SurveyMonkey a meno che non si abbia bisogno del servizio per la raccolta di dati quantitativi senza il minimo sforzo.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

SD

Shaun D.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

The original easy to use tool, now with a ton more features and functionality.

Overall SurveyMonkey is still our go-to tool for measuring employee experience and receiving feedback, while the simple visualizations of our data has proven to be a big bonus in analyzing the data to make decisions around which actions to take to action the data.

Pros

The SurveyMonkey tool has evolved from its original format to grow exponentially in the number of features it offers, but has maintained its core value proposition which has always been ease of use. Understanding the layout and how to build surveys is easy and straightforward, and a quick search of the help materials can explain more intricate functionality that you may want (such as customization and survey logic.) From there SurveyMonkey has evolved to include excellent dashboards to visually display and share the live survey results with others. This feature is especially useful for providing senior leaders insight into the data without having to send around static documents that may change as more responses are received.

Cons

The licensing and pricing structure can initially be confusing and the way individual user data is stored makes it difficult to move from multiple small accounts to a large enterprise account without a lot of consolidation work.

djaffar m.

Computer Software, self-employed

Excellent Customer Service and an excellent application platform!

SurveyMonkey The reporting may be simple to use, read, study, or defloration to the extent desired. The response time might be excellent, and the survey parameters and progress bar are also useful. Very quick and simple to view insight. Apply is even better than my concept of the ideal scholarship management program. I never expected we'd be able to get that much in such a small box, and that's just the "light" version. Students could complete their applications online, staff could check the status of each application, and the review committee was able to accomplish their grading jobs quickly. Everything is at one spot. It appeared like it was built for us because it was so rational and we were able to adjust to it so quickly. That's fantastic!

Pros

For our applicants, SurveyMonkey Apply makes the application process simple. Our internal team finds the review procedure to be painless. For numerous of our specialized programs spanning various sites, the payment integration is obvious. On accepted applications, we were also able to integrate with additional platforms. The Reports feature is fantastic. Customer service is excellent, with quick responses.

Cons

All vital information should auto-fill on the new application if an applicant has used the software in prior years for any of my programs. (Name, Organization, Address, Phone, Email, EIN, and so forth.) If I develop a program in the SANDBOX, instead of having to rebuild it, I should be able to transfer it to the live site after it's finished. There should be a way to bypass the need of having a confirmed email address.

EB

Eva B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Does it's Job, but not always the job you want

Overall I think Survey Monkey is a great tool for those doing general surveys, market research, customer research and some evaluation feedback. However for those looking to do actual data mining- I would go with a more sophisticated system like Qualtrics.

Pros

Survey Monkey is an easy platform to use. Many questions are already built into the program if you need them. The platform is user-friendly and allows for different formats of questions. It also allows you to add logic (ie: if they answer this, then go to that) formats. You can also add design elements so that you can brand it to your company. Sending out the surveys is also made simple, in that you can send a link, load a group into the program or a variety of other methods.

Cons

I have a problem with this software when it comes to analyzing my results. For one, I do not like the options they give you around exporting the data. I wish their was more customization around this. Especially when I have very specific data I want to compare, the .xls is formatted in a way that I have to go in and edit each individual question. I wish I could choose exactly the data I want to export...