SurveyMonkey Reviews

Pros

Customization on this platform is really fantastic and everything is so easily customizable, the user interface is slick and clean and very friendly looking.

Matthew K.

My experience with SurveyMonkey has been very impressive over the past several months. I have gleaned wonderful feedback for ways that I can continue to grow my company.

KK

Keia K.

Great tool to gain some quick feedback on anything that may be on your mind. Nice to know what customers are looking for so that I can gear my business to meet their needs.

KL

Kyle L.

Cons

And completing would give you typically anywhere between 0.5-2. All surveys initially start with a few boring routine questions, which make you pissed off.

PS

PRAVEEN S.

The company's take on my dilemma was - "Pay for it" and you'll get the information you need. In my opinion they shouldn't bother having a free version of this software if it functions that poorly.

Susan M.

There should be more protection factors when approving registrations and preventing fraud.

5,696

2,529

8,742 reviews

Rissa G.

Marketing Manager

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Pretty good, but not my favorite

Transcript

Rissa: Hi, I'm Rissa. I'm a digital marketing manager in the BioHealth industry and I give SurveyMonkey...

It's free and gets the job done

Transcript

Alexandria H.: My name is Alexandria, and I am the owner of a women's retail store. And I give SurveyMonkey...

Easy and Cost Effective

Overall, I highly recommend Survey Monkey for quick and easy survey creation. Even at the free version level, there are a variety of quality features that will make this program very useful for both collecting and analyzing data. The interface is incredibly user friendly, and when used in tandem with the mobile app, this product is very convenient and effective for basic survey needs.

Pros

The Survey Monkey platform gives you a variety of ways to customize your surveys, including multiple choice, short answer, and true/false. It also allows you to easily duplicate previous surveys so that you are not re-creating templates you wish to use regularly. The platform also provides excellent analytics for reviewing responses and trends so that you can better understand and track the results of your surveys. The option to make surveys anonymous is also extremely beneficial for more sensitive topics. The best part is, all of this functionality is available through the free version of the platform. The mobile app is also incredible accessible and easy to use.

Cons

The ability to truly customize your survey (logs, fonts, footers, etc.) is strictly reserved to paid subscriptions. The free version of the application gives you up to a maximum of 10 questions, so unless you want to pay the monthly fee, your surveys need to be very concise. For business use, a monthly subscription requires a minimum of three users at $25 per user. This cost adds up quickly, so unless you are implementing surveys very regularly, you may not see the full value.

Advance Survey creation and collection software at a reasonable price

SurveyMonkey met our required needs, which was running a semi-anonymous internal survey for approximately 100 employees. The survey in question was large enough that it could potentially take up to an hour to complete and we were able to make full use of the built in skip logic to allow the submitters to avoid entire sections that did not apply to them. The cost was also extremely reasonable for what was being offfered.

Pros

SurveyMonkey offered all of the features our company required in order to run a employee supervisor satisfaction and evaluation survey at a reasonable price. Our primary requirement was the ability to run the survey semi-anonymously so that we could track who responded to the survey without linking response data to a particular submitter and SurveyMonkey handled this perfectly. Additionally the ability...

Cons

While most of the features are easy enough to use that a none technically included user could handle most of the creation, issuing, and analyzing process there were some areas that required our IT personal to provide advice and assistance. Mostly this was due to the language used to describe certain features not being intuitive enough. While most things were very straight forward the skip logic and collector logic required some experimentation in order to fully determine how they would behave since we found the descriptions to be to ambiguous.

Unsure Who To Blame ...

The idea behind digital survey taking is incredible, tech does soooo much for the modern world, but when it comes to surveying, marketing, or attempting to do any type of consumer data collection for means of attaining any type of accurate analysis, I dont know if we will ever have a model for selecting candidates that actually benefits and represents a person or company in the totality which we are...

Pros

Ease of use, functionality for simple tasks or very basic data collection. Price. Easy to understand dashboard, mostly user friendly.

Cons

Results were not quite what we were seeking, and it wasn't until we used the software on our own did we find out the complexity behind receiving accurate data. We were being phased out when we shouldn't have been and took some time to figure out that maybe the problem lies behind what we are geared towards, the data we seek, and the problems we try to solve for people. Data collection dependent on societies psyche or judgement forming depends on so much, mostly their ideas and experiences in their reality, which may be wildly different than others, based on the same or different factors. So long story short our results were not what we were seeking and its extremely time consuming creating a model for accurate questioning.

Un ottima piattaforma per creare form belli ma costosi

Pros

L'interfaccia è super intuitiva e comoda da utilizzare. Esiste un piano gratuito (ben nascosto nella pagina prezzi) che include ciò che serve per iniziare a creare un form automatizzato e che sia "eye catching" rispetto al solito Google Drive Form o rispetto alle scarne domande fatte via mail. SurveyMonkey ha, oltre alla piattaforma per creare form, anche un servizio per l'acquisto di dati quantitativi relativi ad un determinato ambito, area o servizio.

Cons

Il piano gratuito è uno specchietto per le allodole: offre la possibilità di creare solo 10 domande per form con la raccolta di max 10 risposte non categorizzabili. Mi chiedo davvero a chi posa servire così limitato! Il piano successivo che toglie il limite nelle risposte non è quello immediatamente successivo da 16€/mese ma si deve salire già a quello da 39€/mese (piano STANDARD) per avere un piano normale e in linea con la concorrenza, quantomeno in termini di funzionalità. Per questi motivi sconsiglio l'uso di SurveyMonkey a meno che non si abbia bisogno del servizio per la raccolta di dati quantitativi senza il minimo sforzo.

The original easy to use tool, now with a ton more features and functionality.

Overall SurveyMonkey is still our go-to tool for measuring employee experience and receiving feedback, while the simple visualizations of our data has proven to be a big bonus in analyzing the data to make decisions around which actions to take to action the data.

Pros

The SurveyMonkey tool has evolved from its original format to grow exponentially in the number of features it offers, but has maintained its core value proposition which has always been ease of use. Understanding the layout and how to build surveys is easy and straightforward, and a quick search of the help materials can explain more intricate functionality that you may want (such as customization and survey logic.) From there SurveyMonkey has evolved to include excellent dashboards to visually display and share the live survey results with others. This feature is especially useful for providing senior leaders insight into the data without having to send around static documents that may change as more responses are received.

Cons

The licensing and pricing structure can initially be confusing and the way individual user data is stored makes it difficult to move from multiple small accounts to a large enterprise account without a lot of consolidation work.

Best Survey tool available in the market.

Overall experience in side organization is awesome because in Organization we know each other so we can easily use this to know the views and their report.

Pros

The Import and Export tool for the analytics. It supports wide variety of format and most famous one is XL which can be easily filtered out and can be written script on it to automate the stuff.

Cons

It doesn't make the survey anonymous. There is track record so that who give which survey can easily be determined. It should be anonymous.

survey monkey, the most ubiquitous polling/survey sw on the net

If I need to create a one page or multipage questionnaire, it is the first tool you will think of. It runs on all platforms and browsers, including mobile.

Pros

it is easy to understand and to be a user. I assume it is easy for people to create questionnaire as the resulting work is normally well done and not full of glitches as you see in other system. The look and feel is minimal but effective.

Cons

The Ui, even if working, is a little bit tedious. A greater choice of look and feel could be beneficial. Being in Europe, a clear claim on how personal data are processed and stored would be beneficial, to avoid the pitfall other competitors have fallen into.

'user-friendly way to gather surveys'

I love how the platform is user-friendly. It has a variety of templates thus more to choose from the platform. Its totally worth your time.

Pros

I like how the software can build a survey for you if you fill in details. You can easily copy and paste the pre-existing survey and it will automatically copy it. So less work for me and a smile on my face. When creating an account you are asked minimum questions to be logged in, so its no hassle

Cons

The software should have more protection factors when approving registrations to prevent fraud

A creating a survey, made easy

It's an experience. You get results faster than traditional method.

Pros

Very straight forward survey platform. From questions to design, it does not take a lot of time to create. There is a wide variety of question and answer well liked by participating groups.

Cons

You just don't get your full report on results when the survey is over simply because you're using a free version.

Benefits of doing surveys

Using SurveyMonkey i've improve our site with several improvements. The features are more sophisticated and we are expanding them further. In his newsletter they'll bring you information about your survey so that you are informed on changes and new questions.

Pros

Making a survey periodicaly in your company helps you to test out your business and determine the amount of work you are doing. If you're looking to create and automate, or considering hiring a new manager. You have the chance to recieve their thoughts on his ideas and the way you will impact your company through hiring them.

Cons

The focus that surveymonkey has on each ask may stun some participants and make them lose themselves on the survey.

Survey Monkey allows honest feedback

The software may not be user friendly for those who are creating the survey but it is quite straightforward for those who are giving their feedbacks. When survey monkey was used by the organization to strengthen our organization. We were free to answer honestly and anonymously.

Pros

Survey monkey allows you to be anonymous which allows the feedback to be honest. We use survey monkey in our organization to resolve conflicts and for the use of organisational growth. Since it can be anonymous no one have to fear to type what they actually think and HR will know how to move forward since the feedbacks would be considered honest and not forced.

Cons

Even though survey monkey is beneficial to our organization it as a few cons. We needed a method to use in our department to resolve an issue and would like to do so without anyone fearing to speak because they would be judged or the issue would have just gotten worst. So we decided to use survey monkey. I most say it got the job done but we had a few hiccups along the way. Firstly, the software isn't user friendly for beginners. It doesn't offer many selections when it comes on to customization. We had to choose from only 12. The package that you get at the standard rate limits you alot and if you want more you have to upgrade.

Aesthetically pleasing, effective, and highly customizable

Overall, I'm highly satisfied with SurveyMonkey for our organization's needs. Working for a social organization, our marketing efforts deviate from the standard corporate or business needs. One of our biggest efforts is receiving feedback from programming or educational content and SurveyMonkey has been instrumental in allowing us to do that.

Pros

Having used other products similar to SurveyMonkey, I can safely say that SurveyMonkey is one of the most aesthetically pleasing. Its customization allows for branding and personalizing forms to keep marketing efforts in-line with brand standards.

Cons

To have access to more robust analytics, it requires a higher paid plan, which is unfortunate. Paying for a mid-tier option, it feels like those analytics should be included.

Data Collection and Analysis Master

It has simplified to a great extent on how we gather information from our customers and employees. It has improved on time taken to complete a research topic, materials needed for the task, saving costs and accuracy of collected data.

Pros

The first beautiful thing I like is that their website and the mobile application are very responsive and have a great user interface that enables us to complete tasks in a short period of time. On features, I am impressed that it gives me well made templates on how i want my questionnaire to look like. I do not need special designing skills as everything is already set and I just need to input my...

Cons

The only time I had troubles was when i was using the mobile application to create a questionnaire and I closed the app before completion. All my work was lost as it did not save it automatically and I had to start again. Another problem is that it does not allow work to be done offline.

The Leading Survey Software on the Market

Overall, we are very pleased with how SurveyMonkey helps us successfully tackle a wide array of tasks. The product is so incredibly customizable which allows it to be reconstructed to help us with everything from weekly surveys to determine lunch orders for employees, to satisfaction surveys, to focus group surveys, to product questionnaires, and more. The greatest value SurveyMonkey provides any business is time-savings. The product makes survey creation, distribution, results tracking and collection, and analyzation quicker than any manual labor or combination of other softwares.

Pros

Much like with any product or software, ease of use is the most important pro because it defines the entire user experience. SurveyMonkey's ease of use and compatibility with a variety of systems and softwares earn the product an A+. After a few login's and explorations of the software, it quickly becomes apparent that the design of this product is well-thought out and strategic. The flow from between...

Cons

More than any other product or software I have ever reviewed, SurveyMonkey has the fewest cons. Truthfully, from our experience with the software, there really are no stand-out cons that we've been unhappy about. When having to thoroughly consider all aspects of the product, I'd say the greatest con is the cost of the product. We operate on a business plan that charges per user with a minimum requirement of 3 users per plan. I'd like to see plan options with preset amount of users that would offer better rates. The cost of the Personal Plans are much much worse and mostly require annual payments versus monthly which locks you in for one year and I think the lack of flexibility there is SurveyMonkey's biggest upset. I'd hardly ever consider their use for personal at their current costs.

It's free, and the known and rusted name helps you get better results.

Businesses and non-profits need feedback, and SurveyMonkey is a free, easy, and efficient way of getting that feedback, and putting it into an analyzable form you can use. Having the ability to track your data and responses, chart them, even download your results, is invaluable for those who use member / customer / client feedback. In a non-profit for example, sending an email to people who didn't renew their membership to ask why they didn't renew was able to give us valuable information. We learned that some of the reminder mailings were not reaching the right people. By making some adjustments and making sure we always had correct contact information on file, we were able to drastically increase membership retention numbers.

Pros

It's free. That is the main appeal to me when I ran a small business, and also when I was involved with non-profit organizations that don't have a budget for professional surveys. Survey Monkey has been around for over a decade (maybe even over fifteen years?) and it is a well-known name in many industry circles, certainly in the non-profits I worked with. People are much more willing to click on...

Cons

It's hard to complain about free software. With all free software, there are limitations you don't get in the paid versions, which is to be expected, and I have no complaints about that.

Power your surveys with SurveyMonkey

Recently I was reading often about the SurveyMonkey app and that many people use it and finally decided to try it and see whether is cool or not. I was little skeptic at the beginning but when I created my account and saw the design and how easy it is to work with the app I got involved with it. As I said earlier it brings joy to create your surveys such easy and finally they look even better than...

Pros

I think this is a cool software because of: 1. It is very easy to use web application. 2. It has an intuitive design and you do not have to waste time in understanding how to create your survey. Everything can be done in a few minutes. 3. You can either create the survey on your own or you can even just answer some questions and the program will create the survey for you. Of course, you will need to...

Cons

I didn't found any inconvenience using the app so I think it supports many things and it gives you a good feeling using it. Maybe some people will not like that for some features you need to pay some price, but I think the price is very good for the many features it brings to you. And if you want powerful surveys, this is your app.

Benchmark Solution for Survey Creation Comes with a Price

I've had nothing but wonderful experiences working with Survey Monkey. Whether it be the ease to make professional looking survey with from scratch or using their amazing library of temples, the effortless collection of responses from your surveys whether they have been posted on your website or or embedded in social Media platform, or the dynamic looking reports you can create literally with a push of a button, this a wonderful yet slightly expensive survey solution .

Pros

This is hands down the best and comprehensive survey creation, tracking, and monitoring Solution out there, and there are many to choose from. Others might feature some gimmick that can't be found within Survey Monkey, but none of the others come with such a robust set of features and tools.

Cons

It's not cheap. And don't go expecting to get back with a free trial or limited plan, unless who want to be frustrated? From utilizing their amazing library of templates to monitoring any size volume of responses to utilizing their recruiting and panel services when you're short on time but need results, you want to make sure to not cheap on the plan select.

Professional Survey Creator

Survey Monkey has benefited the company that I work for because it allows us to quickly create surveys that are professional and that make it easy for people to respond. The feature that allows you to filter responses has been one of the most beneficial for my company as it helps us to ensure the people that respond to our surveys are the intended audience. For example, if we want to survey supervisors,...

Pros

The thing about Survey Monkey that I like best are its survey templates. Survey Monkey has so many templates of surveys that are professionally built and designed. The questions that are in the templates are diverse, educated and are all designed with the purpose of the survey in mind. Each question in the templates have its own purpose and is important for the bottom line. I like that if you want to use a template but don't want a specific question or you want to add an additional question or edit an existing question - you can. Survey Monkey's templates are fully customizable.

Cons

I do not like that the Survey Monkey logo and branding appear on all surveys that you create with Survey Monkey. The branding even appears in most of the paid versions of Survey Monkey. I think that - especially if you are paying for an account, that you should be able to opt-out of having the Survey Monkey advertising or branding on your surveys. This is important because when you distribute a survey,...

Excellent Customer Service and an excellent application platform!

SurveyMonkey The reporting may be simple to use, read, study, or defloration to the extent desired. The response time might be excellent, and the survey parameters and progress bar are also useful. Very quick and simple to view insight. Apply is even better than my concept of the ideal scholarship management program. I never expected we'd be able to get that much in such a small box, and that's just the "light" version. Students could complete their applications online, staff could check the status of each application, and the review committee was able to accomplish their grading jobs quickly. Everything is at one spot. It appeared like it was built for us because it was so rational and we were able to adjust to it so quickly. That's fantastic!

Pros

For our applicants, SurveyMonkey Apply makes the application process simple. Our internal team finds the review procedure to be painless. For numerous of our specialized programs spanning various sites, the payment integration is obvious. On accepted applications, we were also able to integrate with additional platforms. The Reports feature is fantastic. Customer service is excellent, with quick responses.

Cons

All vital information should auto-fill on the new application if an applicant has used the software in prior years for any of my programs. (Name, Organization, Address, Phone, Email, EIN, and so forth.) If I develop a program in the SANDBOX, instead of having to rebuild it, I should be able to transfer it to the live site after it's finished. There should be a way to bypass the need of having a confirmed email address.

Does it's Job, but not always the job you want

Overall I think Survey Monkey is a great tool for those doing general surveys, market research, customer research and some evaluation feedback. However for those looking to do actual data mining- I would go with a more sophisticated system like Qualtrics.

Pros

Survey Monkey is an easy platform to use. Many questions are already built into the program if you need them. The platform is user-friendly and allows for different formats of questions. It also allows you to add logic (ie: if they answer this, then go to that) formats. You can also add design elements so that you can brand it to your company. Sending out the surveys is also made simple, in that you can send a link, load a group into the program or a variety of other methods.

Cons

I have a problem with this software when it comes to analyzing my results. For one, I do not like the options they give you around exporting the data. I wish their was more customization around this. Especially when I have very specific data I want to compare, the .xls is formatted in a way that I have to go in and edit each individual question. I wish I could choose exactly the data I want to export...

Useful, but awkward

Overall, a great option to allow many people to have the desired input at their convenience.

Pros

People can use this online immediately. The survey setup user may need a minute to decide how to lay out their survey with the limite options available, but actually creating the surveys can start right away. Respondents don’t have to sign up for anything, which means an excellent response rate. The survey options allows for open-ended responses, which many other programs do not. You can also limit answer choices, and determine if a question requires an answer or can be skipped. The program will let you determine if the survey closes out at a certain time, or after a certain number of responses, or after all invited respondents have answered. An email notification updates the surveyor on the status of responses.

Cons

An option to rank answers would be a huge advantage, letting the surveyor determine whether all answers need to be included in the ranking. (“Of these 5 entrees, please rank your choices, making an ‘x’ for any that are not options for you at all.”) A preset “scheduling survey” option would be very useful, especially if it allowed ranking of answers. I personally use SurveyMonkey most often to help...

Surveying Made Easy!

I used SurveyMonkey to conduct a Market Research Study on the Behavior of Customers Towards Buying of Earphones. The questionnaire prepared was further improved by the suggestions which helped me develop a more crisp survey and provided results in a good looking manner that was pleasing to look at. Adding logic based questions reduced manual work and helped me keep the survey concise.

Pros

1. Allows you to separate collection methods and provides results separately which is a boon if you need to test the customer behavior across segments 2. Multiple Layouts and Quick Suggestions on questionnaire design and type 3. Mobile app makes analytics easier 4. Allows survey filling even without internet 5. Allows use of 'logic' a feature absent in a lot of other survey service providers, which helps in adjusting survey to the different choices of customers. 6. Shows time taken to complete the survey in analytics which helps plan surveys

Cons

1. When the paid version expires, limits access to even the questionnaire and analytics that a person had made and distributed making it difficult at times to go and check previous data.

The type of survey that's painless to make and painless to take!

10/10- would recommend. I have always been satisfied with the ease of creating a survey, and SM often gives recommendations to make your survey even better. It's easy to send out the survey via. hyperlinks to the URL, but they have several options if you're willing to pay for them. Also, the overall design of the software is easy to navigate and user-friendly. I have never had any issues with this program. It takes you through the whole process relatively pain-free: from creation to distribution to analysis to presentation. Very happy with my experiences with SurveyMonkey.

Pros

It's intuitive and easy to use. Not only are things easy to customize, but their templates are helpful as well. There are often times when Survey Monkey suggests questions that I hadn't thought to ask! One thing I particularly appreciate is how Survey Monkey (SM) provides the types of statistics that help inform the quality of your survey. If you have asked too many open ended questions, or made the...

Cons

Only a few complaints. - The "delete" or "undo" buttons can be confusing to find in various components of the survey creation. There are other useful tools that can be hard to find in your survey because of the vast amount of options available on the site. - I wish there was a way to select multiple questions and duplicate them. You can only duplicate one question at a time, and that can be painstakingly...

Free version has limitations but gets the job done

I have used survey monkey for nonprofit and for-profit business purposes. In both experiences I found participant interaction and completion to be quite steady thanks to the attractive UI. Were I to create surveys on a regular basis I would probably find myself coughing up the cash so I could keep the data and run a variety of reports. The data is solid, but keeping it with the free version is difficult.

Pros

This app provides more options than other free counterparts like Google. It’s also for more aesthetically pleasing ‘s and I found clients more likely to participate with a survey monkey survey than others.

Cons

Exporting data is difficult with the free version. They also don’t maintain the information in their database past a certain number of months. It’s not impossible Since members can pay for more features, but free sole proprietor who can’t afford a pricey subscription it can be rather limiting.

A Powerful Yet Simple Method to Survey Your Offering

Very easy and straightforward to use. You don't have to make your surveys complex. However, it allows you to get to a deeper level if need be.

Pros

I'm developing an online retailing presence for physiotherapy and wellness. And I've used Survey Monkey in every step of our company's development. From market surveys of our logo, to product-quality feedback, Survey Monkey was incredibly helpful when it came to acquiring the data we needed to streamline and tailor our offering, and eventual launch. There are many features that make this software...

Cons

There is none I can think of. We've used this software since the beginning of our inception and we're continually using it for our many projects.