Kayako Reviews

Kayako

Unified customer service platform

Kayako

Review Summary

Pros

Control of the conversations with my costumers, insights of what they need (What kind of doubts they have), a nice support that helps me with the configuration, a beautiful landpage for my articles.

Mirele K.

Great, super versatile software. Customer support is friendly and efficient - really impressed with how thorough they are at resolving questions, and open to suggestions.

Rachel J.

Good features, good support, meets our needs. Has been very reliable for our needs.

Cons

The migration to the new version was horrible. There was little communication and I had to keep following up.

Stephanie M.

There are features that are confusing to a beginning user.

In case the user enters a wrong email address or misses a word while entering the email address, it becomes difficult to get back to him. Incase we dont reply on time).

Best software for internal and external email communication

I love using kayako as it has been the best communication platform which not only allows me to communicate but also provides me reports on any urgent email that I need to act on immediately which saves me from delayed tasks and replies. Since we switched from outlook to kayako software for inter-team and client communication, kayako has provided the best communication platform which allowed us to to have an organized, easy to refer to and not only use but also can view any sent/received email from any location via any device.

Pros

Kayako has been the best communication platform for professional communication that I have used so far. Kayako is recommended for both inter-team and external - client communication. The best feature of kayako is that it allows you to organize your emails into folder based on departments, status and the nature of the email content. Also using other type of email platforms has been a worry at times...

Cons

Understanding and using the software is essential as it doesn't function like other email platforms but has its own organized interface. Inter team communication The software is mainly build for professional communication however I wish it could have few other options like adding colors, tables and etc but apart from that no other cons to mention.

Kayako Classic (On-Premise) is a solution that covers all areas of support and more.

Customer Service Improvements resulting in winning a German Golden Stevie Award 2018.

Pros

It covers many areas of daily conversation handling activities: Ticket, Incident, Problem, and Complaint handling situations. If the basics do not suffice, custom fields and tracking options help iron out missing pieces. It contains a Knowledgebase that allows you to record Articles and information. Survey system (very handy for Event-Driven Surveys); Reporting options and quick access to tickets. One of the KEY FEATURES is that the tool is FAST and keeps a focus on the work area for staff, rather cluttering everything with detail fields. Finally, the web-interface is fully customizable and very useful in granting options to access the conversation handling tool. Did I mention Kayako Services being great in helping to resolve questions and issues when contacted? They do this very well!

Cons

It lacks a few items that I wish would be included (software is always under constant development, and Kayako customer service is very responsive and friendly): proper comprehensive auditing when tickets are handled (like automatically submitted communications recorded with date and time); Complaint Handling structures based on tickets; improved linkages between tickets (though possible it is not done...

Kayako - Can be better!

I have been using Kayako for more than five years. This has been the software we use for all internal and client communication. As mentioned earlier it is a simple tool which takes only a few times to practice, thereafter you get the hang of it. However after using other email softwares, Kayako's limitations regarding formatting, inserting images and capturing the entire thread has always been a hassle for me. Additionally we are only given admin rights to our own teams. If a ticket generated by me is moved to an internal team I do not have access for, I cannot view the updates on the ticket.

Pros

Kayako helps me organize my tickets into as many folders I want, thus making me work on those tickets conveniently and effectively. If I am an admin or have admin access to my staff folders I can also access all of their folders to get an update on tickets. It's easy to learn and use. I love the reports feature on Kayako. We can create as many reports we want and automate them. The follow ups feature is also great to keep track of pending tasks and serves as good reminder.

Cons

There are a few issues I encountered as I worked on Kayako. Kayako doesn't allow us format the font or content, so underlining, italicizing etc is not possible in an email. We cannot include images, charts or graphs in the body of the email. When you hit reply on a ticket, the original email thread is not included. So if you need to know the previous conversation, we need to copy and paste the email.

Support makes the difference when comparing this to other competitors

Kayako helps keep all of our customer communication centralized into a single support suite. It allows our customers to engage more frequently with self-serve help (knowledgebase), chat, and email. Kayako makes it easier for our staff to troubleshoot and resolve any issues.

Pros

The new interface is very modern and much more exciting than the other interface. It is much faster and friendlier to use. The support is available for questions and bugs, whereas some competitors do not offer support of implementation. The price of the software is a little steep when comparing it to competitors that offer more, but being a Kayako customer for 10+ years on a perpetual license granted us a pretty steep discount that made the pricing make more sense for us.

Cons

I wish they had more features such as ability to get more customer feedback which would help our product development. There are other software similar to Kayako that have a feedback component that allow users to voice their "opinions" and then other users can vote on that. I would like to see this in Kayako and have been asking for about 10 years now.

Powerful System, Steep Learning Curve

Kayako is where we manage all of our client tickets. It is great for my daily work routine and allows me to stay on top of many tasks at the same time. I have been working with it for 1.5 years and it works great for me now, but the first few months took a long time to get used to. Things are not where you would think they would be. The system is VERY customizable, however, and if you have a person that can put in the work to set the system up, it can be bent to fit your specific company needs.

Pros

Kayako automates a lot of the communication and tracking processes for us. Since my company has put the time into setting up Kayako to meet our companies needs, I am able to focus mostly on client communication and not administrative tasks.

Cons

The system is very particular about what you can and can't do. Things that seem like they would be obviously included do not exist (seeing all open tickets from an organization, for example), and must be either set up manually or gotten to in a roundabout way. Kayako also requires a steep learning curve and is not an intuitive system.

Kayako worked for us

We installed the On-Prem version of Kayako and for the most part were happy with its functionality and management of our help tickets.

Pros

Kayako allowed us to manage our Help Desk while keeping costs down but still providing enough functionality to streamline our support and communication to the users.

Cons

There wasn't any integration withour Scrum and Agile software tools (and it didn't have the functionality on its own) so it made it double work to move a Trouble Ticket to a Task

Flexible and focused, built around fresh concepts and technologies.

We set up our help-desk website and our support ticket system in no time. Multiple channels support (email and in-app chat in our use case) and case merging feature helped us keeping our support backlog clean and readable.

Pros

I love it's UX design that feels modern and easy to use. The conversation metaphore is very powerful and automation macros system is really neat.

Cons

Software internationalization and available translations are poor. Even if my team contributed full UI translation for language 'it' on transifex most of the UI is not translated yet. More than a year has passed since then. If you need to support multi-language for your users, check that required languages have full support.

The overall experience was ok. It gets the job done. But through the years we ran into some issues.

Pros

It brings most, if not all functionality we need. The company still provides an on-premise version of the product. Support has reasonable reaction times, also they most only provide workarounds instead of solid fixes and solutions.

Cons

Kayako feels out-dated all along. After two years of the 7.0 php release it still is not even fully compatible with any php 7.x release and up to today relies on the out-dated php 5.x versions. There are many other issues like the HTML-Mailparsing which have not been fixed completely in years now. Also we know Outlook 20xx do not create great HTML-mails still a lot of customers are using it and it...

Long Time Customer - Very Dissappointing Final Experiences

Pros

The software was ahead of its time when my company started using it in 2011. Easy to organize. Nice ticket merging. Accountability with being able to assign tickets to staff with notifications, etc. When the new version of Kayako came out there was a lot of confusion on merging, upgrading, and it never ended up happening for my business.

Cons

The utter lack of respect I was given as a long time customer was frustrating. I asked to get out of contract in the middle of a year long term for a partial refund. It took over 2 months to get a final 'no' answer. When the contract was up, it auto-renewed, even though I'd made it perfectly clear I had another system in place and no longer needed Kayako. I asked for a refund immediately and was told it wasn't possible. I had to do a chargeback on my card to get the refund, and THEN Kayako agreed to the refund. Why leave such a bad taste in my mouth as a long-time customer? It just makes no sense and pretty much guarantees I will NEVER be back.

Colleagues don't like, especially after using other programs, search is too slow or not working.

All letters are answered.

Pros

-The possibility to see who is watching the ticket at the same time - Notes - Knowledbase - fast Customer Service

Cons

- Reports have mistakes - Customer Support assistance regarding one and the same report is different. Different answers. - Very very slow while making a search and trying to find the ticket. - the search is not working and no results even if it should be. - while replying - no possibility to see notes - automatically bring back to the unassigned - No "Back" possibility while reading different pages of ticket. - Always necessary to refresh before assign, because few people assign letters quite often.

it works but required a lot of enhancements to make it work proper for us

Getting us closer to our customers and helping them solving their problems. Kayako delivered that base functionality and more at the time we switched from one of the Atlassian products (2012). Since than we have enhanced to improve out internal workflows. However, there is a lot we would like to see in the near future to shorten ticket work time and able to switch to customer self managment / help for the simple stuff. The more we can get out of the core / base functionality the better it is for us which requires real commitment. Btw. Industry selection is missing Enterprise software or similar.

Pros

As we use Kayako for a long time (since 2012?) you get used to it which makes it difficult answer. Thinking about it stability comes into mind. Beside usual software bugs our system is very stable and reliable and doesn't need much maintenance. We like the new UI that came with classic 4.90 as it gives a modern look. From the feature perspective ticket management works very well for us in general but there isn't a particular feature to high light.

Cons

In first place we are missing the commitment for Kayako classic. Nothing has happened since two years (going to cloud announcement). However, this might change now. There are a lot of things that can be improved like Knowledge Base, File management, workflow, troubleshooting, etc. Back porting some of the new cloud features would be also much appreciated team collaboration, one workflow, etc. Lastly a much better and faster context aware search would help us a lot. All of this has recently discussed with our new Kayako contacts.

Good choice although there are some problems.

There are so many helpdesk systems, Kayako has been our selected one, but we are still looking for better choice.

Pros

1- Beautiful user interface. 2- It Supports all activities in a helpdesk process. 3-14 days free trial 4-Good localization, so you can add your own translations to (just) on-premise version

Cons

1- When you are Kayako admin and at the same time one of the staffs (Agent), you have to switch so many times between Admin / Staff panel to do your tasks. sometimes it makes me confused because knowing which setting is in admin panel and which one is in staff(Agent) panel sometimes is difficult. 2-I can say that Kayako is designed for too many clients for a limited number of services. If you have...

Great application, the only one with the "Follow up" feature.

I don't get any benefits, It's just our ticketing system :)

Pros

Customer support are great, they're really helping and I'm getting a great service. They're answering tickets really quick as well.

Cons

1. Reports aren't that professional with the Classic Kayako, and the KQL is hard to understand, i believe that you have to make it a bit easier and user friendly. 2. I would like to upgrade to Cloud Kayako, but there is a missing feature which is highly important for me, the "Follow up" feature, this feature letting me create a trigger that will open my ticket after several minutes, this feature implanted only in the Classic Kayako. 3. From the moment you've changed your pricing method, it's a bit expensive.. and while having customers that would like to get reports (most important for them) Kayako Classic at least doesn't give the best value here, i don't know about Cloud Kayako.

Kayako From a Customer Service Perspective

Pros

It it nice to be able to pull up multiple conversations/tickets within one window, as it made it easy to switch between current ongoing projects and also complete research with little confusion. Also, Kayako shows in real-time who is looking at a ticket, thus it made it easy for Customer Service as we could see if someone was already working on that ticket. One of the nice things about Kayako was the ability to see when the recipients of an email opened it or looked at it. If there were several recipients, it would break down who opened the email, when. Thus, from a documentation standpoint, if someone was claiming to have never received an email, we were able to show that they had in fact opened the email.

Cons

There were few reporting tools and there was no way to set follow-up tasks. We relied on setting reminders on another system like our Google calendar. Also, Kayako was getting quite expensive, which was one of the big factors in our company switching to a different ticketing system.

Longtime User

Excellent support system, Kayako assists us with providing great online help desk support via ticket logs and live chat to our clients.

Pros

I like how effective Kayako's support team is. They reply in a timely manner to help fix the issues at hand. I also enjoy how easy it is to use, and allows for employees to stay on top of logged faults, tasks and other items within the system while providing detailed updates to keep the customers in the loop. Kayako has been our main helpdesk software for the past 7 years.

Cons

There is not too much I don't like about Kayako, I believe their live chat incorporation to websites could use some work. It would also be perfect if they can link it to CRM as we currently have to use these separately.

It's great, but we like to be as efficient as possible, which means tabbing through everything.

Easy access to the emails we want, especially from Amazon.

Pros

The look and feel. the customization options and custom insights. Filtering and suspending messages options. Ability to send all the messages we want to our inbox and not the ones we don't want.

Cons

Can't tab through and select "type, priority" etc. quickly without clicking (you could in the old Kayako). Can't forward or CC a message easily. Images and attachments not perfect. A little slow. I also can't figure out how to remove the "message sent from Kayako" signature. This should not be required since we pay for the product and it can be embarrassing when we're trying to send professional emails, so we opt out and use Outlook for those.

We have been using kayako for 8+ years and it was a great experience for customer support portal .

Pros

Kayako has a modern fast interface that will guide you what queries you want to know , and the fast response from the server , also its mobile application . Easy update the tickets , replay , attach files . Users and department managing is

Cons

I was fetching a query to make csv or excel report exported for the tickets opened during last year for example , I made copy and past for all pages ! . I wonder if there is a way to export the list of critical tickets for example other than the way I used . Also , Manual Backup was removed from the tools . The monthly fees is high related to the dollar increasing .

so far great. good response time. Love the new installed version of Kayako. It's so much faster!!

Pros

the speed increase and the stability even though we have 100's of thousands of tickets. I'm assuming you're using more AJAX to load content which helped to improve the speed. I especially like the "light" design and how minimalistic the design of the site is. The focus is on speed which in return helps with speed of customer service. Use of the LoginShare to connect with OAuth2 to allow single login ID is fantastic.

Cons

somewhat complex upgrade. technically the upgrade process is not that bad considering the sheer number of attachments in the system.

Kayako is an advance in potential customers.

I have been able to establish better attention with potential clients within my company, in this way, it has had a better control and thus obtain better finances. Potential customers have been satisfied when we use Kayako because we serve them at any time of the day.

Pros

The best thing about Kayako is that it has many, many ways to communicate with a potential client, and this is very important and very influential because it allows a connection with more progress and makes the client get more attention.

Cons

I think you should improve a couple of things, such as prices, and customer service, the design should leave it as it is since it gives a lot of comfort and is nice, but should fix the support by 80% so that a better customer service.

I have used many Service desk systems but Kayako is the best of all

Pros

1. Multi department integration & queues in one interface 2. Easy SQL to generate possibly any report you want 3. Full Active directory integration 4. Best of Customer service i know of. 5. The support team knows what they are talking about. The resolution to any of my issues resolve in less then 20 min 6. Staff automatically know what to do 7. Knowledge base is very helpful

Cons

1. Searching is a big pain ( Good luck searching with tags ) 2. Online support require ugly desktop software

Recent price changes made it too expensive for us

We have our helpdesk using this every day. We get very few user complaints about the ticket system itself.

Pros

Admin tools for automatically dealing with tickets are great. Actually handling tickets is very easy, as is adding internal notes.

Cons

Agent ability to search tickets is lacking. We had to make some changes to let our supervisors see every ticket message even if it is deleted by an agent. We could never get the knowledgebase to work the way we wanted. Sometimes it is not clear who is getting copied on any specific ticket reply.

Kayako service desk tool is one of the best service desk which am using since 2 years in current org

Meeting SLA's in service delivery MIS reports Email to incidence with unique identity number Tickets History

Pros

User friendly and easy to access the reports and MIS using Kayako tool Incidence reviews and history gathering is very useful comparing any other current tools like freshdesk,everest .. etc, this is the best and cost effective tool.

Cons

queries that needs to be written to get any customized report in the tool Duplication of incidence where it doesnt consider FW/RE in email to incidence case incidence reopen

Great product. Works well. Customer Support stinks.

Just a very nice, easy to use helpdesk service.

Pros

Layout is nice, many great features, customize-able, good price, very easy to use, very easy to set up and implement.

Cons

Customer services stinks. If anything goes technically wrong their tech support is outsourced. The workers work 9-5 so the only way to talk to them in the USA is by staying up until 2am. The tech support that you talk to during USA hours are fairly helpful with basic things but take a long time to get back to you.

It been an exciting experience and has improve customer engagement tremendously

It really improved our engagements with our customer, prospects and visitors who visit our webpage on daily basics as well as seeking support and customer services.

Pros

It's ease of use, especially with tickets creation and handling as well as tracking tickets, color categorization for easy identification of customers and prospect based.

Cons

Sending attachments to customers most at times does not really go through, sometimes it has to be sent 3 or 4 times before client confirm receipt of the file

Good software for Support Desk purpose

Overall experience is good. We got their support every team of their teams. On cost side they need to think through from customer perspective.

Pros

Overall this software gives satisfaction in customer support and ticket handling. It is increasing new features day by day with new UI elements also. Its whitelabelling feature is also very good. Email parsing is also customisable which is also good one. The Knowledgebase and Troubleshooter feature also works well. Support agent can be equipped with Chat facility. Kayako have good support team which is available 24*7 which makes easy for us to implement and use this software

Cons

- This software legs on HTML email parsing side which can be improved. - On pricing part, they are charging on higher side and they needs to be competitive.