Kayako Reviews

Pros

Control of the conversations with my costumers, insights of what they need (What kind of doubts they have), a nice support that helps me with the configuration, a beautiful landpage for my articles.

Mirele K.

I really like the clean and simple interface. Its a pleasure to use and looks really nice on a mretina screen.

Samir H.

I like the UI and again, the ease of use. The system is quick to pick up and is easy to recommend to someone.

Cons

The migration to the new version was horrible. There was little communication and I had to keep following up.

Stephanie M.

Features and functionality missing or not working.

GJ

Graham J.

I have used this and I am surprised that the review at your website is so much biased.

P

Premdeep

IT Admin instructed me use this, it works well

Able to track Sales and Support tickets easily!

Pros

Easy to use I can view customer info easily I can leave detailed notes for my coworkers The flag feature is helpful for different tags

Cons

A little unintuitive Sometimes is a little slow Crashes on occasion, and when it does other systems tend to fail too.

Kayako Review

Overall, Kayako works fairly well. I use it daily in my IT role to support our organizations users and to manage tickets.

Pros

Kayako is an efficient ticket management system and it's affordable.

Cons

Occasionally there will be issues when creating tickets or adding attachments and multiple attempts will need to be made.

600% Price Increase Out of Nowhere

Pros

I have used kayako as a knowledge base for my software. I have integrated pages into my software and spent development dollars in doing so, and written hundreds of articles for the knowledge base. A few days ago I received an email from kayako requesting that I contact them about my renewal. When I did, they informed me they would be increasing their pricing by 600% for this year, and an additional...

Cons

Raising prices by 600% out of nowhere, causing my small business to have to move to another platform, after spending time and money.

Not very confident with the product development. Features not perfect, same bugs might reappear.

Pros

UI: It's clear to use, lot of space for the ticket conversation. Ability to publish KB articles through web portal. Rather stable.

Cons

SLA's not always working correctly. Complex administation in some things (templates, template groups etc) resulting in long learning curve for administration.

ALWAYS Works. When not working, fixed issue in 30 seconds. FANTASTIC Support

Reduced time answering questions during billing

Pros

Always available. Ease of use. Customization ability. Availability of support staff, Knows the product inside and out.

Cons

Only ONE feature, does not print the notes when using the PRINT functions. Cost to add another user a bit higher than expected.

very good experience

we use this in our daily support of about 700 users.

Pros

good features, good support, meets our needs. has been very reliable for our needs. support and product road map are favorable.

Cons

has not been updated recently. mobile app; wish it integrated with our CRM, can't send macros via mobile APP

Software is buggy, support is not keeping up with requests. India-based support.

Pros

- Standard support tracking software not trying to "re-invent" how support should run. - Price is "ok", but alternatives should be considered first, given more mature platforms are available for the same price point. - Ability to offer Email / Chat / Social support which are well integrated - KB articles is included which is good, fairly configurable on the visual front (ie more than Intercom) - Ready to go if you are looking for a simple support system with a single team / person / level of support.

Cons

- The integration with the KB articles is incomplete and there is no value-add in using a single platform for both KB + Ticketing. - Live Chat messenger is limited in functionality - We have discovered that the software was completely overhaul 2 years ago to make it cloud-based (previously server installed) and not as stable as one would expect for a 10 yo company. - Their support is passing the "buck" continuously and ends up closing issues which were not resolved. - features are promised to be delivered with ETA and are either not delivered or half-baked - full disclosure we are planning on migrating away within 3 months.

Fairly robust software that will work for most organization

This has allowed us to track and monitor our incidents and support issues pretty easily and has streamlined some of our processes.

Pros

This software is fairly simple to use and can handle quite a bit of data. There is a lot of customization that can be done which makes the software quite flexible. The audit log feature is very simple to use and provides all status entries and updates in one easy to access location.

Cons

This can be unstable at time but the fixes are always quick and easy to accomplish. The automated routing is lacking and I with there were more options for ticket generations and closures. The classic interface can be hard to navigate.

excellent product and support. have been using for years and highly recommend

Pros

I like that we are able to integrate it into our workflow using the APIs. It is easy to use and helps us manage lots of support email and phone calls.

Cons

It has got more costly over the years, with a per-user-per-month license fee and support requires a separate support fee

The new enhancements to speed up ticket viewing and responses is amazing!

Pros

The software appears like since the design has been made more minimal. The speed of updates and changes to a ticket is fantastic

Cons

Upgrades are always a pain, but it seems it's optimized as best as can be possible. Other than that, there really isn't much to complain about

Great Product

Pros

I like the fact that I am able to organize and keep track of the tickets I need to attend using many subfolders under my main folder.

Cons

In some cases the filter is limited in such a sense that "not equal" terms need to be used to create meangful filter structures.

Kayako has been effective for our company.

Pros

I most like the easy real-time communication that is possible through Kayako. We are able to quickly assist our customers because of it.

Cons

I wish I could delete the feature that tells the customer approx. how long it will take us to respond. When we receive a chat outside of our business hours, we aren't able to get back with them until the next day. This causes our "time to respond" to give an inaccurate estimate.

Fairly robust support software at an "ok" price

Pros

The older "classic" version is very customizable, but does require considerable technical aptitude.

Cons

The interface is a bit clunky and isn't very intuitive. You need need to know how to do basic html, css and even some js to get the client-facing side usable.

It works well enough

Pros

Mobile app is great for on the go and the desktop app. Quick view of data laid out. and ability to create custom categories.

Cons

Complex layout. cannot be logged in at multiple sessions at a time with same user. Lack of reponse for service related issues

Easy and Concise

Pros

I have used the software between old and new versions. Kayako allows for a lot of reporting that other software doesn't allow.

Cons

The reporting is difficult to get correct with the new software. I'd like more options for the kql query type we had before.

Overall connecting the email and chat seamlessly is genius and extremely helpful.

Pros

What I described above (being able to both chat and email customers in the same platform). What I described above (being able to both chat and email customers in the same platform).

Cons

Major flaw is that it still is dropping emails (in other words, some customer replies make it to our gmail account, but never appear in the Kayako queue). This is a MAJOR flaw. Nothing is worse than a customer feeling ignored, and that is what happens (albeit not on purpose). If you would like to contact me, I can show you examples in the near past where this has happened.

Very good experience

Pros

Value for money, we've been using Kayako for years now and it works perfect with high volume of mails.

Cons

Keeping the software up to date, it takes us time to upgrade and go offline for a few moments. But that's also on us, cause we host it ourselves.

Easy to configure and use

Pros

Kayako offers great flexibility for a cloud based customer support system. Their customer support is great.

Cons

Reporting could be a little more robust, and being able to select defaults for tickets is a much needed improvement we're still waiting for

It has been a good experience except when it comes to renew licensing.

Pros

Ease of use, features, email alerts, categories, issues identifications, ticket statuses, the notes sections are very important to us.

Cons

Pricing is high, didn't work well with Jira plugin and other plugins we wanted to integrate with Kayako.

Good Experience and good Support

Pros

What I like the most is the way you work day to day with the portal, it's easy and I use the classic version

Cons

he new version does not convince me, it's very easy to mix all the tickets and departments, in the classic it is all more segmented.

Fairly good help-desk system

Pros

It is fairly easy to navigate through this software and sort through tickets. The custom views that you can create allow you to be able to chose what information on the tickets will appear in your ticket queue. Also the built in knowledge base is a helpful tool.

Cons

My only complaint is that there is not a feature to enter and keep track of inventory like other help-desk systems.

Works for what we need

Our business runs on it

Pros

Customizable gives a lots of a lot of options on how we want to set up the support page. Decent support too.

Cons

Not easey to set up, it took us a long time and the assistance we got was somewhat lacking in instructions.

Great software for keep track of help desk inquiries

Pros

Very easy to use and manage, great interface for help desk purposes that allows users to be assigned to various cases.

Cons

Could be easier in terms of archiving and searching for cases and would like to see more robust reporting features.

Great support platform.

Pros

We like the ease of use, flexible and customisable reports. These are paramount for supporting our customers.

Cons

The cost is a little high for our budget. Also, the design interface is becoming a little dated for our clients.

Like it, but needs a few more features

we upgraded from an older version and were able to retain old data.

Pros

live chat function is really helpful. easy to keep track of all customers questions and responses. I like the merge function. it really helps to condense multiple tickets when a customer keeps sending requests on the same topic without replying back to the original email response.

Cons

has a few bugs that keep it from being the best ticket system. there is no option to delete or remove notes. there is no option to EDIT notes. that is seriously needed as an upgrade.