Kayako Logo

4.0

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.6/10

Reviews by rating

Control of the conversations with my costumers, insights of what they need (What kind of doubts they have), a nice support that helps me with the configuration, a beautiful landpage for my articles.
I really like the clean and simple interface. Its a pleasure to use and looks really nice on a mretina screen.
I like the UI and again, the ease of use. The system is quick to pick up and is easy to recommend to someone.
The migration to the new version was horrible. There was little communication and I had to keep following up.
Features and functionality missing or not working.
I have used this and I am surprised that the review at your website is so much biased.

Owen R.

Higher Education,

Kayako has made our jobs far easier and our service users so much more satisfied.

Pros

Being able to manage incoming emails as tasks that can be assigned to people and then easily marked as complete when done has allowed us to work faster and more efficiently.

Cons

Some of the options could be easier to use. I think that macros, templates and automated replies could be more user-friendly.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Longtime User

Excellent support system, Kayako assists us with providing great online help desk support via ticket logs and live chat to our clients.

Pros

I like how effective Kayako's support team is. They reply in a timely manner to help fix the issues at hand. I also enjoy how easy it is to use, and allows for employees to stay on top of logged faults, tasks and other items within the system while providing detailed updates to keep the customers in the loop. Kayako has been our main helpdesk software for the past 7 years.

Cons

There is not too much I don't like about Kayako, I believe their live chat incorporation to websites could use some work. It would also be perfect if they can link it to CRM as we currently have to use these separately.

ae

amy e.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

600% Price Increase Out of Nowhere

Pros

I have used kayako as a knowledge base for my software. I have integrated pages into my software and spent development dollars in doing so, and written hundreds of articles for the knowledge base. A few days ago I received an email from kayako requesting that I contact them about my renewal. When I did, they informed me they would be increasing their pricing by 600% for this year, and an additional...

Cons

Raising prices by 600% out of nowhere, causing my small business to have to move to another platform, after spending time and money.

11-50 employees

Effective tool for customer support

Pros

Easy to use software, makes customer tracking, communication, and support more efficient. I use it mainly for the ticketing system to keep the company as well as the customers who log faults up to date on the status of their support ticket.

Cons

As I have used many live chat software in my field, I am not too fond of the live chat ability of Kayako for websites. The implementation is not very user friendly.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Awesome platform, great service!

Pros

Kayako provides the flexibility we need to keep engaged and communicated both with our external and internal customers. Our support departments love the simplicity and clarity of the communication, and our clients have gained a tool through which they feel close to our team. Working with Kayako has made our life easier!

Cons

There are not many cons to our experience. Even as we believe that the tool might help us better integrate additional internal users to simplify the behind-the-scenes processes we have, we do believe that they way the tool is built now is great.

Alex D.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Just in english

If you want to use Kayako in another language, although they claim that you can "deliver a tailored customer experience on a worldwide scale with localization", it's not true. You can not translate a lot of things, and some of them are the core of the customer experience. So, in English, it's a good software (one the best maybe), but impossible to use in other languages.

Pros

Chat + Ticket system integrated

Cons

Not localized (just English)

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Kayako Review

Overall, Kayako works fairly well. I use it daily in my IT role to support our organizations users and to manage tickets.

Pros

Kayako is an efficient ticket management system and it's affordable.

Cons

Occasionally there will be issues when creating tickets or adding attachments and multiple attempts will need to be made.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Fairly robust software that will work for most organization

This has allowed us to track and monitor our incidents and support issues pretty easily and has streamlined some of our processes.

Pros

This software is fairly simple to use and can handle quite a bit of data. There is a lot of customization that can be done which makes the software quite flexible. The audit log feature is very simple to use and provides all status entries and updates in one easy to access location.

Cons

This can be unstable at time but the fixes are always quick and easy to accomplish. The automated routing is lacking and I with there were more options for ticket generations and closures. The classic interface can be hard to navigate.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Very good experience

Pros

Value for money, we've been using Kayako for years now and it works perfect with high volume of mails.

Cons

Keeping the software up to date, it takes us time to upgrade and go offline for a few moments. But that's also on us, cause we host it ourselves.

Weston B.

Easy to configure and use

Pros

Kayako offers great flexibility for a cloud based customer support system. Their customer support is great.

Cons

Reporting could be a little more robust, and being able to select defaults for tickets is a much needed improvement we're still waiting for

Software is buggy, support is not keeping up with requests. India-based support.

Pros

- Standard support tracking software not trying to "re-invent" how support should run. - Price is "ok", but alternatives should be considered first, given more mature platforms are available for the same price point. - Ability to offer Email / Chat / Social support which are well integrated - KB articles is included which is good, fairly configurable on the visual front (ie more than Intercom) - Ready to go if you are looking for a simple support system with a single team / person / level of support.

Cons

- The integration with the KB articles is incomplete and there is no value-add in using a single platform for both KB + Ticketing. - Live Chat messenger is limited in functionality - We have discovered that the software was completely overhaul 2 years ago to make it cloud-based (previously server installed) and not as stable as one would expect for a 10 yo company. - Their support is passing the "buck" continuously and ends up closing issues which were not resolved. - features are promised to be delivered with ETA and are either not delivered or half-baked - full disclosure we are planning on migrating away within 3 months.

MD

Mike D.

It's great, but we like to be as efficient as possible, which means tabbing through everything.

Easy access to the emails we want, especially from Amazon.

Pros

The look and feel. the customization options and custom insights. Filtering and suspending messages options. Ability to send all the messages we want to our inbox and not the ones we don't want.

Cons

Can't tab through and select "type, priority" etc. quickly without clicking (you could in the old Kayako). Can't forward or CC a message easily. Images and attachments not perfect. A little slow. I also can't figure out how to remove the "message sent from Kayako" signature. This should not be required since we pay for the product and it can be embarrassing when we're trying to send professional emails, so we opt out and use Outlook for those.

cw

cindy w.

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Kayako rocks

Awesome Love it!

Pros

Ease of use and consistency, quality cost effective

Cons

Nothing really, just the spam. Too many spam sometimes but you'll learn to cl;ean it up

AT

ALban T.

Animation, 11-50 employees

ideal choice for online communication on everything in different Platforms

we have been using this software for more than a year, I have gained a lot in customers and experience in marketing

Pros

this software really allowed me to develop communication and develop a good customer system within our organization. very easy to use

Cons

I do not encounter any problem in the use of this software. But the price is high.the free version looks a bit different to me than the paid version

AS

Allison S.

1,001-5,000 employees

Kayako is an advance in potential customers.

I have been able to establish better attention with potential clients within my company, in this way, it has had a better control and thus obtain better finances. Potential customers have been satisfied when we use Kayako because we serve them at any time of the day.

Pros

The best thing about Kayako is that it has many, many ways to communicate with a potential client, and this is very important and very influential because it allows a connection with more progress and makes the client get more attention.

Cons

I think you should improve a couple of things, such as prices, and customer service, the design should leave it as it is since it gives a lot of comfort and is nice, but should fix the support by 80% so that a better customer service.

NN

Nivas N.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Kayako service desk tool is one of the best service desk which am using since 2 years in current org

Meeting SLA's in service delivery MIS reports Email to incidence with unique identity number Tickets History

Pros

User friendly and easy to access the reports and MIS using Kayako tool Incidence reviews and history gathering is very useful comparing any other current tools like freshdesk,everest .. etc, this is the best and cost effective tool.

Cons

queries that needs to be written to get any customized report in the tool Duplication of incidence where it doesnt consider FW/RE in email to incidence case incidence reopen

KW

Kevin W.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Can't Trust Kayako

Kayako has been a horrible choice for us. They dropped support for the Kayako Fusion Helpdesk (Self Hosted) and started pushing existing customers to pay for an annual support/upgrade renewal only later to jack up the prices the following year and disabling our perpetual license. Don't trust this company and their tactics. We purchased a perpetual license we can no longer access or use anymore.

Pros

Self Hosted Helpdesk Feature Rich Software

Cons

Kayako constantly changes their product offering without offering their customers much of a choice.

MV

Mario V.

Compared to other helpdesk, this tool has become outdated and is not user friendly

Pros

The Kayako helpdesk is very helpfull Various options to customize your ticket fields Easy users permissions/role management

Cons

UX is bad Ticket search options have some annoying restrictions Kayako doesn't have many options to link to other systems Reports seems at first fine but when trying to do more fancy stuff the KQL language proves to be very limited Kayako can 't be compared to other systems like the Atlassian HelpDesk tool

JJ

Jack J.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Easy to buy and easy to use

Pros

We have really liked Kayako's ability to provide context. Unlike other solutions out there, Kayako gives us a complete view of every interaction a customer or prospect has had with our business. This includes interactions with agents as well as software we have integrated on our site (for example paypal). If a payment fails we know of it before a user gets in touch. And when they do we're ready with a solution. The Customer journeys and conversations feature is fantastic. Really puts customer and prospect interaction history at my teams fingertips.

Cons

There are times my team is unavailable and during that time i feel a chatbot could really help direct users to resources. We are making do without it right now but i imagine such a feature would take things to the next level and make life easy for both our team and our customers.

JP

Joe P.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Kayako has changed our member experience because now members have one central platform for support.

great customer service

Pros

The way you can have email flow into Kayako and form request in one system. The macros which allow quick answers to everyday request. The tech support is great and always have a solution

Cons

To change from Classic to the hosted version is a big change and if you have customized pages something will not transfer over.

hh

henrik h.

easy to use, flexible

overview of support tickets, staffmembers and ongoing tasks at customers

Pros

installation On premiss. lightning fast ticket handling for staff members and servicedesk. Ticket handling / email integration works smooth and simple

Cons

missing bits and pieces in API and datamodel. integration of the custom fields created on Ticket / timetrack/Billing

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Zero new features in last 2 years. Deceptive billing. Avoid.

When we wanted to cancel and downgraded through their admin portal to smaller number number of users. They billed us for the OLD number of users (thousands of dollar) and then refused to reimburse us. Deceptive, bad business. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Pros

Software is basic, has basic helpdesk. The basic helpdesk worked for us for some time, chat worked for us for some time, but literally did not keep up.

Cons

The software has not kept up with the rest of the market. Zero product innovation in the last 1-2 years.

FA

Faith A.

Love the features of the product.

Pros

Ability to create custom fields to accommodate our business needs. Ability to create custom views. Ability to add private notes on a ticket, profile, and organization.

Cons

There is no customer support for the product and all enhancements or basic customer support questions must be sent to one consultant.

RR

Rick R.

1-10 employees

ALWAYS Works. When not working, fixed issue in 30 seconds. FANTASTIC Support

Reduced time answering questions during billing

Pros

Always available. Ease of use. Customization ability. Availability of support staff, Knows the product inside and out.

Cons

Only ONE feature, does not print the notes when using the PRINT functions. Cost to add another user a bit higher than expected.

EO

Ernëst O.

The new enhancements to speed up ticket viewing and responses is amazing!

Pros

The software appears like since the design has been made more minimal. The speed of updates and changes to a ticket is fantastic

Cons

Upgrades are always a pain, but it seems it's optimized as best as can be possible. Other than that, there really isn't much to complain about