Foxit eSign Logo
Foxit eSign

Secure, legally binding electronic signature software

visit website

Foxit eSign Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.16/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

If you need an affordable, feature rich, API open solution, for e-Signature then eSign Genie may be a great fit for your needs.
ESign Genie is a great resource for sending initial paperwork to my mental health clients. I was looking for something affordable, flexible, HIPPA secure, and easy to use.
Very pleased and so thankful that I finally found a solution to my e-signature needs.
It can be very pricey and the fee structure can be very confusing and misleading. Customer service is hit or miss in their ability to offer accurate assistance.
Training is limited and online documentation is hard to find and when you find it, it is sometimes hard to read.
It keeps our company from losing leads and lowers attrition.

lN

linda N.

Area resource manager

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

A Great Tool

Transcript

Linda: Hi, my name is Linda I'm in the foster industry. I'm the area resource manager and I give eSign...

Karambir K.

CEO

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Affordable and Easy-to-Use Document Signature Solution

Transcript

Karambir K.: Hi. My name's Karambir, I'm the chief executive officer. I give Foxit eSign Genie, a five...

Brian S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Great for people who only need the occasional document

Pros

I love that I can pay for documents a la carte. I only have to send and sign contracts for my business once every few months. eSign Genie was the only company I found that allowed me to pay per document. With other companies, I would have had to waste hundreds of dollars on monthly subscriptions I barely used.

Cons

The aesthetics of the platform aren't as "slick" or "pretty" as some other software companies. But it doesn't matter to me, because it has the features that count!

Thank you for taking the time to review our cost effective, easy-to-use and powerful eSignature software=) Our great prices are available for businesses sending out any number of Documents. The more you buy, the more you save :-) Also, we will be releasing a complete redesign of our platform in December, so look forward to a more "pretty" eSign Genie soon! --eSign Genie Customer Success Team

MG

Moriah G.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Useful, easy to use, and affordable as well.

It is worth trying out and it is cheaper than other competitors. It is a quick purchase and you can use it all the time and don't need to make a subscription. It is nice because you can have it forever and just try out the e-sign process and even if you don't like it for whatever reason, at least you have a PDF program forever. It is 100% worth trying out and purchasing it.

Pros

You can purchase the Foxit software, so thus you can get purchase the e-sign program as well. In comparison that the other software they don't let you make purchases anymore. You can also get a subscription, and it is much more affordable and not as expensive as the competitors. It is worth the purchase.

Cons

The biggest thing is it isn't as user-friendly. I used adobe before and the program is more simplified and the icons are easy to read and very legible. It needs to have more how-to-use and easy access easy to use. It might be the difference in why people prefer using adobe or other programs over Fox-it. It isn't as user-friendly and easy to pick up as other programs are.

CP

Candice P.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Easy, Great Customer Service, Secure!

Easy, secure document signing, eliminating the need for keeping up with paperwork and snail mail!

Pros

Easy to use, private and secure, quick! This service is great for our organization that needs several signed forms per 500 people. eSign has an address book that makes sending multiple documents to the same person easy. I'm excited to use the bulk feature and send personalized documents to several clients at once

Cons

I wish executed (signed) documents were a bit easier to organize, but there is an option to download all files to your computer or dropbox. I'd love to be able to edit the title of a document after sending. The search function isn't the best, but easily navigated around by zooming the screen out and clicking "show all". eSign seems like a small startup that doesn't have the manpower to accommodate larger companies. Great for small businesses that don't need bulk sending!

A Plus is one of our smallest customer. Since we are appreciative of all our customer big and small, our team has spent hours providing you support above and beyond our call of duty like organizing your signer data from your other systems into Excel. Just to clarify, our system will not be able to support bypassing of esignature laws which may be frustrating for you but eSign Genie software and...

Maryam F.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Amazing product for the price point

Overall super happy with the product

Pros

The fact that I can set up templates very quickly, its super user friendly, and has super helpful guides / faqs

Cons

When editing a document before sending out, I have to be careful or it sends it through without having made those changes without asking if I need to edit the document

RM

Rebecca M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Quality Product for Non-Profits

Pros

As a non-profit, it can be difficult to find a product that is high quality and easy to use for a reasonable price. I've used Foxit in my last two organizations with confidence in its quality and versatility. eSign is easy to use and allows us the flexibility of multiple signers across the organization.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about this software product.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Simple, Cost Effective and Easy to Use!

Pros

I like how it was easy to create a document template that requires a signature by my patients. Patients expressed that it was easy to read and sign without difficulty.

Cons

I am satisfied with eSign Genie and I have no complaints.

MD

Muhammet D.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Foxit easy to use

Pros

It is easier for my computer to process its not taking many space in the ram/cpu. Really much simple to use

Cons

The design may be somewhat not sophisticated; there are some improvements over there.

Jeff B.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

eSign easy and works

It's been good. It's allowed me to add an electronic agreement online or send agreements for signature without breaking the bank.

Pros

- Easy to Use - Didn't force me into a year contract like Adobe (only slightly more for month-to-month before wanting to make an annual commitment) - Has Web Form to put agreements online - You can set the user permission to edit fields, fill & sign, or view only - They continually update their offering to make it better

Cons

- Users can't redline the agreements, but I was told this is being added (but Users can comment and you do receive an email) - You can't turn off to not send the user an email when an agreement is void, but the work around is to change the user and the time frame when a message is sent (I expect this feature will be added)

JP

Justin P.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Foxit E-Sign is beautifully integrated with PDF Editor

The support from the Foxit team is fantastic, they will follow up on every enquiry and the product is simple to use.

Pros

I chose Foxit eSign because I use the foxit PDF editor and the integration is very simple and easy.

Cons

The finite amount of envelopes. They should ideally be unlimited.

Nikhil T.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Decent, gets the job done with not too many bells and whistles

Good, I'd suggest it , if you're working with a limited budget.

Pros

I like the fact that it has a follow-up option. Esign genie is a no frills software that does as it says, the use of the interface requires no extra study or training. Its simple and effective.

Cons

I dislike the user interface, when sending contracts , i.e the last stage of the deal, the interface could be better, i feel, other than that, in terms of features, i have no worries.

Hi Nikhil, Thank you for taking the time to review eSign Genie! You are on our "Pay-As-You-Go" plan which comes with 5 free Documents. This is a great option for many of our customers. Although this free version of our software has a limited feature set; you get access to our industry leading security that meets the most demanding compliances (HIPAA & CFR 21 Part 11). If you would like all the "Bells...

DW

Dayna W.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

For very basic use only

Overall it is an ok software and will do. For the price it is reasonable.

Pros

For extremely basic use this product does quite well! Online chatting went well also, again, as long as you have very basic questions or problems.

Cons

Unfortunately our company needed intermediate usage and found ourselves quite frustrated frequently. Sending out documents where more than one person, like a married couple, are using the same email address has several glitches. More than 40-50 times, out of sending over 400 documents, the second signature defaulted to the first persons name. So you got a document back with the same name signed twice. And technical support, all the times we contacted them, we're almost completely useless on this issue. Plus you had to describe exactly what went wrong every time you contacted them. It's as if they do not keep any notes. Very frustrating and no resolution. We are looking into a different signing company again.

Hi Dayna, Thank you for your review of the application. We will launch an investigation to see why this issue is occurring. You can certainly use a shared common email between husband and wife; however, frequent name changes during data entry may have been difficult in our system due to security and identity management issues. While we do understand it is frustrating not be able to keep changing...

CM

Chris M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Powerful, Compliant, and Easy

Very positive. The decision to go with eSign Genie/Foxit has been a home run!

Pros

My client has a very particular process for delivering, executing and archiving multiple forms, some of which are rather complex. Not only was it easy to recreate these forms and deliver them, but we were able to seamlessly integrate this process into my client's very specific workflow.

Cons

Sometimes the process of creating a form by overlaying form fields on an existing document can be a little tricky, especially if you're aiming for visual perfection. It can be a little touchy. But it can be accomplished with a little patience and effort. In the end, it's a LOT easier than creating secure online forms on a website!

AK

Amit K.

Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees

The Best e-signature solution with all business perspective

With eSignGenie, I solved following Pain points of my company: - 1. Executing all our contract workflows majorly through eSignGenie within the scope of the land of the law; 2. Using easy-to-config APIs, we've automated the workflows; 3. Set of industry-standard feature set, we have eliminated the dependencies on the human intervention. The benefits that I'd. 1. Improved productivity; 2. Kept the cost under control, beyond the industry standards.

Pros

1. Ease of use and decision making (Dashboard, Templatization, and Workflows); 2. Exceptionally adaptable to customer needs (API); 3. Exceptionally cost-effective.

Cons

eSignGenie shall improvise the Support System by including more ways to approach them to expedite the resolutions or seek extended help for custom requirements.

RT

Regina T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

eSign is very affordable.

Quick, easy and affordable. If you are a small business as we are, then it's perfect and not as expensive as DocuSign.

Pros

It's been very easy and intuitive to use and allows me to get documents to our clients immediately for quicker responses. Everything is easy to use and straightforward. Customer service is very responsive as well.

Cons

Not much, really. A few things can be confusing at the beginning, but as soon as you know how it works, there are really no issues.

LM

Lisa M.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Great software, highly recommend

I'm amazed at how quickly I get my documents signed. It went from taking days to get documents signed to seconds. I work on commission and the quicker i get paperwork completed, the faster I get paid.

Pros

The software is user friendly both on desktop and mobile device. It has made my process more efficient. Clients are required to sign a sales order and credit card auth form. Now they don't have to print it out, sign, scan and return to me. It literally takes them 30 seconds to sign the documents now and I get an email alert once they have signed.

Cons

I have not had a negative experience thus far using the software.

FE

F Evans S.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

A Great Advance in Productivity and Time Savings

It is now the primary way that I sign up clients and handle settlements.

Pros

The ability to take a document and have it executed in a fast, secure & efficient manner and have it distributed to all the parties is far superior to our traditional approach. It really makes life easier in a very hectic world.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is the OCR where you have to click each letter or symbol that the software can't read. It can be tedious

CJ

Carole J.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

eSign Genie is a Top-Notch E-Signature Program!

eSign Genie has made our tedious process of obtaining required signatures on multiple documents so streamlined and easy. We now have a simplified process and a secure place for all our internal documents. This has been a lifesaver for our company!

Pros

eSign Genie has completely streamlined our documentation process and the way we obtain signatures. It has accelerated our sales process and absolutely improved our production!

Cons

There is really nothing I have found that I don't like about eSign Genie to this point.

CK

Chris K.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

MUST HAVE FOR ANY SIZE BUSINESS

Ask for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as she is amazing!! She emailed, spent time with me via zoom. Helped me get set up, answered my questions, didn't make me feel stupid and was personable. I checked out all the competitors and found Esign Genie to be the most responsive, best customer service and competitively priced. The others when I asked questions just sent me links to the videos. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]scheduled time to chat and walk me through the questions I had vs sending me a link with 20 different videos.

Pros

Easy to set up Customer service availability [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - bottom line........... Ability to talk to a real person who took the time to get to know me and my business and why and how I would be using the product

Cons

Learning the quicks and figuring out what is needed where

DO

Doug O.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Review of eSign Genie

We are a multi-location business with some services (HR, Health and Safety, Fleet Management, Accounting) based out of one location. E-Sign Genie lets us eliminate a lot of paper flowing between our various branches. We use E-Sign Genie to have employees sign Offers of Employment, new hire documents (tax documents, policy sign off's etc.) and health and safety orientation documents.

Pros

Software has an intuitive interface, is very easy to learn and when there were features that I did not understand immediately customer support was always available immediately to assist and answered every question I had clearly and without relying on jargon.

Cons

Editing an existing template requires a user to upload the entire template again. If substantial changes to base document have been made the various eSign fields that "overlay" the document no longer align and it means the user has to start from scratch and layout a whole new series of fields. Some of our templates utilized over 100 fields so it is a time consuming project if we decide to change a template.

Hi Doug, We have a feature where you can easily replace the underlying PDF document. It is called "Replace with New PDF File" under the "More Actions" menu. All the 100+ fields that you created will stay in place and you will be able to replace the underlying PDF document. If you would like live training on this feature please feel free to call us and make an appointment: (408) 560-3900 --> eSign Genie Customer Success Team

CT

Chris T.

service above and beyond!

I have used different e-signature sites for the past couple of years. Not a big user, dozen or so times a year. I have a small real estate business so I need to have leases signed etc. There are 3 areas that distinguish one e-signature provider from another in my experience: price, customer service quality and availability, and site security. In these three elements, eSign Genie is superb and superior...

Blair W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great way to go digital!

eSign Genie is incredibly affordable compared with other options - this is a big deal for a public library with limited budget. We have gone fully digital and eSign Genie was a big part of that process and its success.

Pros

eSign Genie allows me to upload my own custom PDF documents for signature and create templates for specified recipients or as an online form that anyone with the link can access. I love the notifications when a doc has been signed and the ability to send out reminders if they haven't. We have locations across a wide area and being able to get signatures from employees by email is such a time-saver.

Cons

The site can be a little slow and glitchy sometimes. It doesn't like it if you try to delete templates.

Hi Blair, Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review! I am happy to announce that eSign Genie has overhauled, tuned and upgraded our database resulting in 3 second maximum load times on every screen of our application. Searching for a document is now instantaneous. eSign Genie has always focused on having an Easy-to-Use, Legally Binding and Comprehensive eSignature Solution. We now have the fastest eSignature Solution too! -->eSign Genie DevOps Team

JS

Jane S.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Very inexpensive and simple platform to use

It was very easy to set up the documents with prefilled information, and send the documents to multiple parties for signature. Overall it is a good platform and is offered at a decent price compared to other e-signing platforms.

Pros

Cons

One thing I would recommend is allowing a customized message to be saved and selected when sending the documents to the party for signature. I entered the same message repetitively when sending documents for signature and it was a bit annoying.

FM

Franco M.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Foxit eSign Review

I was happy until I had to stop using it...

Pros

Easy to use, efficient, lots of functionality

Cons

I don't like that Foxit eSign is an EXTRA you have to purchase in addition to the standard version. Not good. As a result, I refuse to use it! Adobe (what I used before) included this with the standard version!

KP

Kyle P.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Solid, reliable, with good integration options

I've been using this software integrated into my app since 2016. It's been rock solid, no downtime that I've noticed, and the integrations work perfectly. The pricing is a lot more reasonable than some of the competitors, and I've been happy with that.

Pros

Being able to integrate directly into my website was the key feature. I can embed custom contracts which auto-populate with user information directly into the website, and the callbacks make it easy to download the documents back into my system.

Cons

The UI could use a bit of refinement, it's not the most polished software out there for e-signing, but generally it's easy enough and works well.

MC

Melissa C.

Photography, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Saves me so much time and money!

I've also saved tons of printer paper and ink because far too many times my clients ended up losing the contract and needing another copy, and its saved me from having to store all those sheets of paper! It's just a huge time and money saver for me. I've also tried a few other electronic signing websites and stopped using them when they got too costly or were just plain not easy for myself or clients. I'm at least 2 years in with using e-sign genie with nothing but great experiences. I highly recommend!

Pros

Ease of use and very low cost is what's kept me a happy customer for years. My clients easily read and sign my contract and we both get a copy immediately. It's very user friendly for anyone.

Cons

If I had to pick a "con", and this is seriously nitpicking here, it would be the automated message it starts off the emails with. I think it could be a little more personable and not so 'professional'.

Hi Melissa! We have a feature where you can easily replace the underlying document. It is called "Replace with New File" under the "More Actions" menu. All the 100+ fields that you created will stay in place and you will be able to replace the underlying PDF document. If you would like live training on this feature please feel free to call us and make an appointment: (408) 560-3900 -->eSign Genie Customer Success Team