eSign Genie Reviews

eSign Genie

Secure, legally binding e-Signature software

Review Summary

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and there was videos to watch immediately you could chose to watch or not. Its straight forward and the price point is very good.

Taylie H.

Read the full review
The API and document pricing scheme was a perfect fit for our company. API was super easy to implement and had all the methods we needed for document signing workflow.

Clifton R.

Read the full review
I needed an easy, straightforward solution for my new business and the people at eSign Genie were super helpful. They explained how it all worked and answered all my questions quickly and clearly.

Caroline G.

Read the full review

Cons

I dislike the user interface, when sending contracts , i.e the last stage of the deal, the interface could be better, i feel, other than that, in terms of features, i have no worries.

Nikhil T.

Read the full review
Once in a while the site has trouble loading, or formatting properly. But it is quite rare that it happens.

Elmer E.

Read the full review
I had some trouble setting up the auto-derive folder name settings.

Danielle P.

No Other Services Fit our Needs until eSign Genie

Pros

eSign Genie allows tons of customization. We are an accounting and tax practice and send documents frequently for both our own purposes (contracts, engagement letters) and documents that need to be filled out and forwarded to the IRS and other tax authorities. These documents need real signatures, not the type-written signatures that most eSign software lets clients use. With eSign Genie, we can limit...

Cons

I really haven't seen anything negative about eSign Genie as of yet. The only small issue sometimes is the speed - I've had a few clients say that it is sometimes slow to load, but it's infrequent - so not enough of a problem for me to look elsewhere. (Trust me, I have already looked elsewhere and was utterly dissatisfied!)

Hi Dane, Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. I am happy to announce that eSign Genie has overhauled, tuned and upgraded our database resulting in 3 second maximum load times on every screen of our application. Searching for a document is now instantaneous. eSign Genie has always focused on having an Easy-to-Use, Legally Binding and Comprehensive eSignature Solution. We now have the fastest eSignature Solution too! --> eSign Genie DevOps Team

Press the button, and here comes eSign Genie to the rescue!

I'm grateful to the eSign Genie support team and Kuddos [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Everything that we needed to have done, was explained in one minute and I was advised on which plan, could make it happen as well as the price, and the ease of use. No chaos, No drama, but a simplified and Streamlined process overall. Once again, you have to be patient and not want it all done instantley...as it might take you a little bit of time (like maybe 10-20minutes if you just FOCUS in order to get it set up properly). Once you do this, it's done, and you can move onto your next project! Thanks so much.

Pros

Chat Support available... super helpful. They will provide you with the LINKS to screen shots and videos that you need to get what you need done. You must take your time and not rush when setting up, as to ensure no hiccups during use. Overall, great product and exceptional staff! Thanks again.

Cons

If you are overly anxious and need to know right this very second, of what to do, you need to take a deep breath, calm down, and THINK about what you actually need to get done. You need to do this before dismissing the product or get frustrated. In my opinion, the product can do and will do what you need to get done. But you need to have a bit of patience.... from there it's all go.

Easy, Great Customer Service, Secure!

Easy, secure document signing, eliminating the need for keeping up with paperwork and snail mail!

Pros

Easy to use, private and secure, quick! This service is great for our organization that needs several signed forms per 500 people. eSign has an address book that makes sending multiple documents to the same person easy. I'm excited to use the bulk feature and send personalized documents to several clients at once

Cons

I wish executed (signed) documents were a bit easier to organize, but there is an option to download all files to your computer or dropbox. I'd love to be able to edit the title of a document after sending. The search function isn't the best, but easily navigated around by zooming the screen out and clicking "show all". eSign seems like a small startup that doesn't have the manpower to accommodate larger companies. Great for small businesses that don't need bulk sending!

A Plus is one of our smallest customer. Since we are appreciative of all our customer big and small, our team has spent hours providing you support above and beyond our call of duty like organizing your signer data from your other systems into Excel. Just to clarify, our system will not be able to support bypassing of esignature laws which may be frustrating for you but eSign Genie software and...

Electronic Signature Capability that Grows with your Business

eSign Genie provides an official electronic signature comparable to other "Big Name" providers, only with eSign Genie I have the pay as you go feature that makes sense at this time.

Pros

This was my first time using an electronic signature -- as in being the party to initiate the process rather than simply signing an electronic document. eSign Genie made it very easy and provided great technical support to walk me through the process. I really like that I can pay as I go so I'm not locked into an annual contract, though I will be happy to upgrade when I have the need.

Cons

I was working on a contract that needed a few additional edits after it was sent, and I found it a little confusing how to do this. eSign Genie's technical support was very good to explain how this is done so it will be seamless next time.

Solid Reliable Product

Of all the products that I have tried, eSign has been the best as far as saving me time AND having the other parties actually respond quickly to sign the documents. Thank you!

Pros

This site is really easy to use and straight forward. I already had my documents drafted, so it was fast to drop the fields into the forms. Everything flows and got immediate results. This is a very solid product when you have had it with Adobe!

Cons

The minimum order is 5 documents, which is not a lot but feels like it if you only need to send 1. It would be better to have $3.99 for 1 or $10 for each bundle of 5.

CFR 21 Part 11 Compliant Document Signatures With Extra Features

The team at eSignGenie was very helpful both before and after purchase and their overall support was far superior to both Adobe and DocuSign despite the other products being more established. To be clear, I am a one-person shop and we aren't generating a lot of review like some companies might be. The team at eSignGenie treated me with respect. When I had an issue, they always had time to discuss and debug whether it was coding-related or more technical such as when we had trouble due to the configuration of our SSL certificate.

Pros

The visual editor was superior to those provided by Adobe and DocuSign! In addition, we needed to be able to respond programmatically to a document being signed and eSignGenie offers this in the form of webhooks that can be fired at various points in the document-signing process.

Cons

It is difficult to edit a document once it has been deployed. The best solution I have found is to edit and redeploy which requires copying and pasting the resulting URL into the calling software routines.

Intuitive & Easy To Use

Amazing. I highly recommend after looking into several providers.

Pros

Very simple and intuitive while still accomplishing the end goal very professionally.

Cons

Have not found anything yet. I found that it accomplished all of my needs.

Very Easy to Use

My experience with eSign Genie has been very satisfying. Easy to use for me and my clients.

Pros

User friendly. We have never had an issue with anyone not being able to sign. It's also nice that you can buy a few documents at a time rather than having to subscribe.

Cons

If I could change one thing about it, I would make it so that you could modify a document after sending it. Maybe I just haven't figured it out, but anytime I've needed to change something on a document I've had to create a new file.

Great Product

Excellent. Saved me a lot of time. I also liked the training videos available on the website.

Pros

What a truly wonderful product. Very user friendly. Received a nice email shortly after signing up offering a 30 min. webinar, which I did sign up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful in answering the few questions I had and he assisted me with finishing my set up. I have already used this product several times and I can't say enough how EASY it is. This is a tremendous help to me right now, when I am not able to get to a client's house for signature.

Cons

I cannot think of anything to improve upon.

Great product,afforable, excellent customer service

Pros

This is an excellent alternative for a small business who cannot afford the exorbitant prices of docusign. The software is intuitive and their customer service reps respond over chat within 30 seconds. Highly recommend.

Cons

I have not yet found any issues with this vendor.

For very basic use only

Overall it is an ok software and will do. For the price it is reasonable.

Pros

For extremely basic use this product does quite well! Online chatting went well also, again, as long as you have very basic questions or problems.

Cons

Unfortunately our company needed intermediate usage and found ourselves quite frustrated frequently. Sending out documents where more than one person, like a married couple, are using the same email address has several glitches. More than 40-50 times, out of sending over 400 documents, the second signature defaulted to the first persons name. So you got a document back with the same name signed twice. And technical support, all the times we contacted them, we're almost completely useless on this issue. Plus you had to describe exactly what went wrong every time you contacted them. It's as if they do not keep any notes. Very frustrating and no resolution. We are looking into a different signing company again.

Hi Dayna, Thank you for your review of the application. We will launch an investigation to see why this issue is occurring. You can certainly use a shared common email between husband and wife; however, frequent name changes during data entry may have been difficult in our system due to security and identity management issues. While we do understand it is frustrating not be able to keep changing...

Decent, gets the job done with not too many bells and whistles

Good, I'd suggest it , if you're working with a limited budget.

Pros

I like the fact that it has a follow-up option. Esign genie is a no frills software that does as it says, the use of the interface requires no extra study or training. Its simple and effective.

Cons

Hi Nikhil, Thank you for taking the time to review eSign Genie! You are on our "Pay-As-You-Go" plan which comes with 5 free Documents. This is a great option for many of our customers. Although this free version of our software has a limited feature set; you get access to our industry leading security that meets the most demanding compliances (HIPAA & CFR 21 Part 11). If you would like all the "Bells...

Overall I have been highly satisfied with all aspects of eSign Genie.

Pros

I have tried multiple document signature programs before selecting eSign Genie. From the beging the formating of the program allowed me to set up and send documents with ease. The one-on-one training has been helpful to learn more about how I want to use the program. Everything is straightforward and easy to find. You can track your document through the whole signing process. For the most part my clients have found the signature process has been easy to use.

Cons

The one thing that I least like is that we can not control the font that the final signature is. The signature box can be made different sizes but there have been times where I have had to tell client to resign because they signed it to small to read.

Excellent Electronic Document Management Software

The eSign Cloud allows us to use it in the field with low bandwidth. Our users cannot function without eSign Genie.

Pros

This software is very easy to use, the help is plain and simple. The help desk people know their product. We asked for customizations that came back in a few weeks. No other software vendors were willing to customize. The cost per document soon pays for the cost of the software. We can move documents directly into our imaging system.

Cons

The mobile apps took some time to complete. We had both Androids and Apple products. We wanted both apps completed before we started to use each.

Review of eSign Genie

We are a multi-location business with some services (HR, Health and Safety, Fleet Management, Accounting) based out of one location. E-Sign Genie lets us eliminate a lot of paper flowing between our various branches. We use E-Sign Genie to have employees sign Offers of Employment, new hire documents (tax documents, policy sign off's etc.) and health and safety orientation documents.

Pros

Software has an intuitive interface, is very easy to learn and when there were features that I did not understand immediately customer support was always available immediately to assist and answered every question I had clearly and without relying on jargon.

Cons

Editing an existing template requires a user to upload the entire template again. If substantial changes to base document have been made the various eSign fields that "overlay" the document no longer align and it means the user has to start from scratch and layout a whole new series of fields. Some of our templates utilized over 100 fields so it is a time consuming project if we decide to change a template.

Hi Doug, We have a feature where you can easily replace the underlying PDF document. It is called "Replace with New PDF File" under the "More Actions" menu. All the 100+ fields that you created will stay in place and you will be able to replace the underlying PDF document. If you would like live training on this feature please feel free to call us and make an appointment: (408) 560-3900 --> eSign Genie Customer Success Team

service above and beyond!

I have used different e-signature sites for the past couple of years. Not a big user, dozen or so times a year. I have a small real estate business so I need to have leases signed etc. There are 3 areas that distinguish one e-signature provider from another in my experience: price, customer service quality and availability, and site security. In these three elements, eSign Genie is superb and superior...

Great software, highly recommend

I'm amazed at how quickly I get my documents signed. It went from taking days to get documents signed to seconds. I work on commission and the quicker i get paperwork completed, the faster I get paid.

Pros

The software is user friendly both on desktop and mobile device. It has made my process more efficient. Clients are required to sign a sales order and credit card auth form. Now they don't have to print it out, sign, scan and return to me. It literally takes them 30 seconds to sign the documents now and I get an email alert once they have signed.

Cons

I have not had a negative experience thus far using the software.

Superb product for small to medium companies

I discovered eSign Genie while I was searching for alternatives in our document workflow, in relevance with contracts and digital signage. The experience was smooth and I was able to setup, test and use eSign Genie, within minutes. That for me was a winning feature and I took the decision to go with that platform for my digitally signed documents. A big plus is that they do not spam at all, so setting up a test account and see for yourself, will not cost you time or mess with your mailbox zen.

Pros

I generally like any modern SaaS that offers not only subscription based payments, but also pay-as-you-go options. From my point of view, if a company doesn't has a steady need each month, then a pay-as-you-go model is the perfect deal. the eSign Genie platform and service is easy to setup and fast to use. It gets the NDA to the hands of new collaborators fast and easy, allowing me to focus on the real business.

Cons

I don't have anything to add as a dislike. The product works fine and as advertised. The options are well organized and the platform works fast over the internet.

eSign Genie

Like many family owned eCommerce businesses, we have a large reach. The internet allows us to contract with clients all over the globe, but paperwork is a massive draw-back. Having looked at several 'big name' services which were riddled with bloatware and priced accordingly, I was happy to finally discover eSign Genie - with it's straightforward, no-nonsense pricing and simplified tool-kit The software allows us to send our License out for signature with no hassles to us or our clients and does not force them to download an app ...or trial ...or subscription - they simply sign it I wish more companies would understand the benefits of switching to paperless contracts

Pros

eSign Genie helped me to quickly and easily transition from the hassles of using paper-based contracts and licenses for our growing audience of international customers At MemberGate.com, we license our software to clients all around the world and using paper was no longer an option because the hassle it caused was a barrier to sales I wished more people would use it, instead of expecting people to print (?) their multi-page documents, sign them and then use scanners (!) or more typically smartphones to photo each of the pages so they can be emailed back...or worse, use the post!

Cons

Getting the first License into the eSign Genie Template system was challenging, but once I had set all the parameters for signing, it has since saved a ton of time

Great way to go digital!

eSign Genie is incredibly affordable compared with other options - this is a big deal for a public library with limited budget. We have gone fully digital and eSign Genie was a big part of that process and its success.

Pros

eSign Genie allows me to upload my own custom PDF documents for signature and create templates for specified recipients or as an online form that anyone with the link can access. I love the notifications when a doc has been signed and the ability to send out reminders if they haven't. We have locations across a wide area and being able to get signatures from employees by email is such a time-saver.

Cons

The site can be a little slow and glitchy sometimes. It doesn't like it if you try to delete templates.

Hi Blair, Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review! I am happy to announce that eSign Genie has overhauled, tuned and upgraded our database resulting in 3 second maximum load times on every screen of our application. Searching for a document is now instantaneous. eSign Genie has always focused on having an Easy-to-Use, Legally Binding and Comprehensive eSignature Solution. We now have the fastest eSignature Solution too! -->eSign Genie DevOps Team

Great for people who only need the occasional document

Pros

I love that I can pay for documents a la carte. I only have to send and sign contracts for my business once every few months. eSign Genie was the only company I found that allowed me to pay per document. With other companies, I would have had to waste hundreds of dollars on monthly subscriptions I barely used.

Cons

The aesthetics of the platform aren't as "slick" or "pretty" as some other software companies. But it doesn't matter to me, because it has the features that count!

Thank you for taking the time to review our cost effective, easy-to-use and powerful eSignature software=) Our great prices are available for businesses sending out any number of Documents. The more you buy, the more you save :-) Also, we will be releasing a complete redesign of our platform in December, so look forward to a more "pretty" eSign Genie soon! --eSign Genie Customer Success Team

Esign Genie Review

Great.

Pros

It's flexible and reliable...so we could customize it to our workflow without it causing errors.

Cons

There is nothing that i really dislike about the software, however there are a feature or 2 that I havent tried yet that I need to play with.

Saves me so much time and money!

I've also saved tons of printer paper and ink because far too many times my clients ended up losing the contract and needing another copy, and its saved me from having to store all those sheets of paper! It's just a huge time and money saver for me. I've also tried a few other electronic signing websites and stopped using them when they got too costly or were just plain not easy for myself or clients. I'm at least 2 years in with using e-sign genie with nothing but great experiences. I highly recommend!

Pros

Ease of use and very low cost is what's kept me a happy customer for years. My clients easily read and sign my contract and we both get a copy immediately. It's very user friendly for anyone.

Cons

If I had to pick a "con", and this is seriously nitpicking here, it would be the automated message it starts off the emails with. I think it could be a little more personable and not so 'professional'.

Hi Melissa! We have a feature where you can easily replace the underlying document. It is called "Replace with New File" under the "More Actions" menu. All the 100+ fields that you created will stay in place and you will be able to replace the underlying PDF document. If you would like live training on this feature please feel free to call us and make an appointment: (408) 560-3900 -->eSign Genie Customer Success Team

eSign Genie works great!

Great product for the money, and it's easy to use.

Pros

Simple to use. Training employees took about 10 minutes!

Cons

Would like to drag initials or signature spots and not have to go back up top to get another spot. Would be nice to just keep clicking where signatures go, or where initials go.

Hi Mike! You can Right Click on any field and select "Copy". Now you can Right Click anywhere on the Document to place a copy of the field. This will help you put the initial fields on the form more quickly. Please ask chat for more details or to schedule a live training with one of our experts. -- eSign Genie Customer Success Team

Excellent

Very good indeed. Being able to have our customers sign legally binding contracts easily, digitally, on any device under the sun and have copies of the finalised contracts be delivered to the emails of the signees upon execution has really been a game changer for our business.

Pros

It is exceptionally well designed and thought out. You can really tell that eSign Genie has been written with the requirements of the users in mind, not your typical, big company "here's what we can do irrespective of what you actually need" mind set. All of our requirements were already integrated into the software, which is clearly the result of listening to users and implementing their requests. The end product is extremely easy to use and our customers have commented on the improvement to our whole business process that it represents.

Cons

Nothing, it's great! Can't really say anything bad, just need to fill characters...