Foxit eSign Logo

Foxit eSign

Secure, legally binding electronic signature software

Foxit eSign Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.14/10

Reviews by rating

If you need an affordable, feature rich, API open solution, for e-Signature then eSign Genie may be a great fit for your needs.
ESign Genie is a great resource for sending initial paperwork to my mental health clients. I was looking for something affordable, flexible, HIPPA secure, and easy to use.
Very pleased and so thankful that I finally found a solution to my e-signature needs.
It can be very pricey and the fee structure can be very confusing and misleading. Customer service is hit or miss in their ability to offer accurate assistance.
Training is limited and online documentation is hard to find and when you find it, it is sometimes hard to read.
It keeps our company from losing leads and lowers attrition.

Karambir K.

CEO, IT Admin, Purchasing Decisions

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Affordable and Easy-to-Use Document Signature Solution

Transcript

Karambir K.: Hi. My name's Karambir, I'm the chief executive officer. I give Foxit eSign Genie, a five...

lN

linda N.

Area resource manager

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

A Great Tool

Transcript

Linda: Hi, my name is Linda I'm in the foster industry. I'm the area resource manager and I give eSign...

Celeste R.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

eSign Genie

eSign Genie is a great tool! Easy implementation, and most important, the real time (chat) support we receive every time we have questions. They also email a transcript of the chat for your future references. The sales team along with the customers find it very easy to use! I highly recommend this signing tool.

Pros

Ease of learning, implementing and utilization. Real time support with their chat feature and transcription.

Cons

Unable to lock down fields; however, this is apparently an industry issue - competitors do not offer this also...

JM

Jessamine M.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Fantastic Product, Fantastic Price

Pros

The entire platform is very user-intuitive and easy to set up. I've used multiple E-sign softwares (set up and end-user) and eSign Genie is by far the easiest from an Administrative standpoint. On top of that, the Product/Account Management team is friendly and very easy to work with. I know I can email our AM [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at any time and he will get back to me quickly.

Cons

I would love to be able to go in and edit my online forms that we use from our Templates. The template function is great, but sometimes it would be nice to not create a new online form if I messed up on the CC'd emails, etc. But this is very minor and has not had any impact on our ability to use the software.

DW

Dane W.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

This really sucks!

terrible. I was trying to convert 20 or so users from Adobe, but after the bad experience I've had, I am not moving forward with replacing it.

Pros

None, no not one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

The way Foxit rolled this out was fraught with issues. Rather than include the capability within Foxit Standard, you chose to extract more money from your customers and force us to but the signature capability that originally was included. There wasn't any obvious communication that you would "clip" the signature capabilities in Foxit Standard. This was the reason I like Foxit, was the ability to "sign" a document and quickly share it with someone else.

RT

Regina T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

eSign is very affordable.

Quick, easy and affordable. If you are a small business as we are, then it's perfect and not as expensive as DocuSign.

Pros

It's been very easy and intuitive to use and allows me to get documents to our clients immediately for quicker responses. Everything is easy to use and straightforward. Customer service is very responsive as well.

Cons

Not much, really. A few things can be confusing at the beginning, but as soon as you know how it works, there are really no issues.

PW

Paul W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great Small Business HIPAA Compliant eSignature Software

Pros

Foxit was really easy to get started with. Besides price, I found it easier to use and that it also includes features I did not find in Docusign of Hellosign. It is easy to make templates and add multiple signers. It is a breeze to add various signature fields and also a lot of options for how to set up and deploy templates.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about this software. I have used it for almost a year and I will continue to use it regardless of how large our company grows. At a small business price, I think it beats any of the large competitors for esignature.

GA

Guy A.

Telecommunications, self-employed

Foxit reader far better than Adobe reader

I don’t use eSign

Pros

I love foxit reader for PDF. It is far superior and less resource intensive than Adobe. It launches quickly and works every time without any weird error messages.

Cons

Sometimes after performing a routine update of the foxit reader sometimes happens we’re every document I open, automatically prints. It is irritating but simple enough to fix by uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

AA

Amanda A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great Service

Pros

eSign Genie offers competitive pricing for businesses needing HIPAA compliant signatures. Unlike Adobe, I was easily able to get a BAA and more than enough documents to meet my needs. On top of it, their onboarding and customer service is super helpful and outstanding. I just completed all my annual updates and eSign Genie made it super easy. I will be continuing to use their services moving forward!

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that if I edit a document, I have to recreate the template. Not sure if there's much room around this.

DM

Donna M.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Capturing signatures with Foxtit eSign

Using the software cuts down the time from sending to receiving signed orders. The Salesforce integration auto kicks off the next process in the workflow. Salespeople grasp how it works without too much training and are capable of using the additional functionality from the Foxit Send pages.

Pros

Simple to send out documents for digital signatures. We have it hooked into Salesforce, which helps us with our Salesforce workflows of sending out order forms and processing when executed automatically..

Cons

the features i use all work fine. i do not know about anything I do not use.

LM

Lisa M.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Great software, highly recommend

I'm amazed at how quickly I get my documents signed. It went from taking days to get documents signed to seconds. I work on commission and the quicker i get paperwork completed, the faster I get paid.

Pros

The software is user friendly both on desktop and mobile device. It has made my process more efficient. Clients are required to sign a sales order and credit card auth form. Now they don't have to print it out, sign, scan and return to me. It literally takes them 30 seconds to sign the documents now and I get an email alert once they have signed.

Cons

I have not had a negative experience thus far using the software.

Blair W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great way to go digital!

eSign Genie is incredibly affordable compared with other options - this is a big deal for a public library with limited budget. We have gone fully digital and eSign Genie was a big part of that process and its success.

Pros

eSign Genie allows me to upload my own custom PDF documents for signature and create templates for specified recipients or as an online form that anyone with the link can access. I love the notifications when a doc has been signed and the ability to send out reminders if they haven't. We have locations across a wide area and being able to get signatures from employees by email is such a time-saver.

Cons

The site can be a little slow and glitchy sometimes. It doesn't like it if you try to delete templates.

Hi Blair, Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review! I am happy to announce that eSign Genie has overhauled, tuned and upgraded our database resulting in 3 second maximum load times on every screen of our application. Searching for a document is now instantaneous. eSign Genie has always focused on having an Easy-to-Use, Legally Binding and Comprehensive eSignature Solution. We now have the fastest eSignature Solution too! -->eSign Genie DevOps Team

MF

Michael F.

Design, 51-200 employees

Satisfied Purchaser

The general use of the software has been positive amongst our team. The one negative that I've had was any time I've needed to work with your customer support team, it's often that I'm waiting most of the day, or even the next day before I get a response to an e-mail. Fortunately I have not needed to put in many help tickets.

Pros

It was very easy to promote the use of the software within the organization as it's workflow was very similar to existing workflows that we already had in place. Implementation was quick and easy with every user signing themselves up painlessly and working within a few minutes.

Cons

It can be cumbersome if you have 2 clients (Husband and wife) who both need to know about the contract, but we only need 1 signature. We've had a few examples where we've had a contract sit for a few days because the second party didn't know that it was necessary for them to sign before the contract would come back. A group contact, that would send to multiple people, but only require a signature from one of the group could be a way to handle this.

VD

Virginia D.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Solid Reliable Product

Of all the products that I have tried, eSign has been the best as far as saving me time AND having the other parties actually respond quickly to sign the documents. Thank you!

Pros

This site is really easy to use and straight forward. I already had my documents drafted, so it was fast to drop the fields into the forms. Everything flows and got immediate results. This is a very solid product when you have had it with Adobe!

Cons

The minimum order is 5 documents, which is not a lot but feels like it if you only need to send 1. It would be better to have $3.99 for 1 or $10 for each bundle of 5.

SW

Sam W.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

User Friendly + Increases Work Flow

Pros

First and foremost, the platform is incredibly user friendly! The home screen makes navigation easy and I can keep it as surface level or in depth as I like. As the main admin I am able to make adjustments to all the settings and assign users to different levels of abilities. I love the auto-reminders and status updates. Additionally, I love that I can see the progress of a document. After it is...

Cons

The only downside I've experienced is that you have to manually drag each box onto the document instead of doing a copy+paste or click to add.

PK

Panagiotis K.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Superb product for small to medium companies

I discovered eSign Genie while I was searching for alternatives in our document workflow, in relevance with contracts and digital signage. The experience was smooth and I was able to setup, test and use eSign Genie, within minutes. That for me was a winning feature and I took the decision to go with that platform for my digitally signed documents. A big plus is that they do not spam at all, so setting up a test account and see for yourself, will not cost you time or mess with your mailbox zen.

Pros

I generally like any modern SaaS that offers not only subscription based payments, but also pay-as-you-go options. From my point of view, if a company doesn't has a steady need each month, then a pay-as-you-go model is the perfect deal. the eSign Genie platform and service is easy to setup and fast to use. It gets the NDA to the hands of new collaborators fast and easy, allowing me to focus on the real business.

Cons

I don't have anything to add as a dislike. The product works fine and as advertised. The options are well organized and the platform works fast over the internet.

KK

Karambir K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Affordable and Easy-to-Use Document Signature Solution

I was generally satisfied with eSign Genie and would look to use it again in the future when we are ready to conduct our next research study.

Pros

We needed a solution that provided the ability to integrate with other web-based components via webhook. Also, the IDE for creating signature documents and templates was easier-to-use than those of the other tools we evaluated.

Cons

We needed to audit sign-ups for a research study which required that we be able to review document signatures retroactively to confirm that an individual had not already participated. Our service level agreement did not support retention of log information for document signatures any further back than 30 days, which meant we lost the ability to audit individuals who had signed up at the beginning of the study. It would be ideal to have a dedicated storage of audit data and a more full-featured user interface with which to search.

RB

Ryan B.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Easy to use and inexpensive

Being able to esign documents made our product much easier to use and more professional.

Pros

The API is essentially the same as all the other APIs out there but this product was much less expensive.

Cons

Nothing for us. It does exactly what we need it to.

LK

Lauraine K.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Best value and product for esignature

My experience has been wonderful. I needed a software that was HIPAA compliant, affordable and easy to use. I could not find another one to accomplish the same things at this price. The competitors would not give a Business Associate Agreement unless and Enterprise Plan was selected which tend to be pricey.

Pros

Esigning is a snap. The signatures are secure. The portal is easy to use. You can set this up in minutes and customize to fit your business needs. Customer service is readily available but the only time I call is when I want to modify a form and I have questions. The chat customer service is very responsive and helps you immediately. When I had some ideas for my business and I had some more advanced questions, I was put in touch with the specialists and had my ideas implemented on the spot.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about this software. It is really easy to use.

BERNARD W.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent Electronic Document Management Software

The eSign Cloud allows us to use it in the field with low bandwidth. Our users cannot function without eSign Genie.

Pros

This software is very easy to use, the help is plain and simple. The help desk people know their product. We asked for customizations that came back in a few weeks. No other software vendors were willing to customize. The cost per document soon pays for the cost of the software. We can move documents directly into our imaging system.

Cons

The mobile apps took some time to complete. We had both Androids and Apple products. We wanted both apps completed before we started to use each.

NC

Nita C.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Ease of use and practical for small businesses

We started as a much smaller business a few years ago. The pricing was reasonable for our use. Within a year and a half, we have grown. While the product is efficient, the cost is considerable for the plans we may choose from. If business could receive credit or partial credit for documents sent that are unopened or unreturned this would be a plus.

Pros

Foxit software is relatively easy to learn and use. Uploading documents and being able to edit as needed (on each page) is a plus. We are a small business and the software has allowed our business to reach individuals who live outside of our locality. The electronic signature documents provides our business a much more efficient way to obtain releases of information, client registration, and other business related documents.

Cons

Some clients have complained of having difficulty opening or signing documents (using phones or iPads). We have experienced minor issues with sending errors which seems to have been resolved. Often we will receive documents that are not completed or not signed (multiple pages required to be signed).

MR

Maribel R.

Design, 1-10 employees

Pleasantly Surprised

I loved eSign when it was part of the FoxIt bundle. I have not used it since we have had to pay for it.

Pros

I like the ease of use. Because it is similar to other software products, it is intuitive.

Cons

I liked the Foxit signing feature and dislike that I have to pay for it additionally now.

JS

Jane S.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Very inexpensive and simple platform to use

It was very easy to set up the documents with prefilled information, and send the documents to multiple parties for signature. Overall it is a good platform and is offered at a decent price compared to other e-signing platforms.

Pros

Cons

One thing I would recommend is allowing a customized message to be saved and selected when sending the documents to the party for signature. I entered the same message repetitively when sending documents for signature and it was a bit annoying.

DK

Dan K.

Program Development, 201-500 employees

Tank you for makeing it better

It was good and saved many trees for a one-time printout.

Pros

It is easy to use and tentative; one don't need to look for the future it is at the front and easy to cases

Cons

When the number of signatures was limited to two at the time, it was less convenient

Donald B.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Years of delivery on performance

I recommend this product to anyone I know needs pdf editing software

Pros

The features are always pushing the forward envelope of document technology

Cons

Trying to get back of of some features is a bit clunky

MC

Melissa C.

Photography, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Saves me so much time and money!

I've also saved tons of printer paper and ink because far too many times my clients ended up losing the contract and needing another copy, and its saved me from having to store all those sheets of paper! It's just a huge time and money saver for me. I've also tried a few other electronic signing websites and stopped using them when they got too costly or were just plain not easy for myself or clients. I'm at least 2 years in with using e-sign genie with nothing but great experiences. I highly recommend!

Pros

Ease of use and very low cost is what's kept me a happy customer for years. My clients easily read and sign my contract and we both get a copy immediately. It's very user friendly for anyone.

Cons

If I had to pick a "con", and this is seriously nitpicking here, it would be the automated message it starts off the emails with. I think it could be a little more personable and not so 'professional'.

Hi Melissa! We have a feature where you can easily replace the underlying document. It is called "Replace with New File" under the "More Actions" menu. All the 100+ fields that you created will stay in place and you will be able to replace the underlying PDF document. If you would like live training on this feature please feel free to call us and make an appointment: (408) 560-3900 -->eSign Genie Customer Success Team

LN

Lacey N.

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Great Software That Simplified the Signing Process

I am in the landscaping industry and getting signed proposals always slowed down our process. Once we found Esign Genie that changed. Now, we have all clients sign their contracts digitally. This allows us to have a very fast turnaround, a definitive record of signing, and a streamlined process. Clients love it and we haven't had a single problem with returning documents. Regardless of the age of the client, all have had a seamless process when signing. The only thing I'd like to see is the ability to add a standard text from me to our outgoing email. As is, I have to paste it in each time if I don't want to use the pre-programmed one by eSign Genie.

Pros

Easy to use Great record keeping Streamlined process Easy for clients to understand

Cons

Hi Lacey, Thank you for being a customer and for the review. To response to your comment about ability to add a standard text from me to our outgoing email, eSign Genie always had a functionality called Notification Templates/Email Templates. You can easily create customized email templates (Navigation: Setting> Notification Templates - Create New). You can watch a video, check out our knowledge base, join our daily 12 Noon PST webinar or simply call us to understand this or any other functionality. Thank You, Product Team, eSign Genie