BambooHR Reviews

4.52/5 (600 reviews)

Tony Bredin

BambooHR is simple and user friendly but not built for large companies.

Reviewed 2018-01-17
Review Source: Software Advice

BambooHR software and management system is not the cheapest option out there but you get what you pay for. Well-organized, visually appealing tools that are simple to set up and run. This solution has an open API that allows the software to be integrated with a company's existing HR tech vendors, and the performance review function fits with the way more companies are working. I would suggest this product to small to medium companies.BambooHr has allowed our management team to be on the same page with employee Management. Our managers are able to access our Bamboo account from anywhere, allowing them to keep updated on their team. This product also allows employees to enter & update their own personal information reducing user error. This software reporting has several automated functions for manual reports that my company generates for the corporate office. We continue to automate more processes with the help of the Bamboo development team. The onboarding and offboarding processes are streamlined and offer electronic onboarding, task assignments, and e-signature documents. Bamboo HR is able to support every aspect of employee administration and HR management.

Christina Adair

Middle of the road software that needs improvement

Reviewed 2017-09-15
Review Source: Software Advice

We are currently researching other HR software. I'm not sure which is better, software that contains the modules needed with obvious and crippling flaws or software that is easy to use both by admin and employees with limited modules. The idea of on-boarding a new employee electronically is a huge plus. It engages employees before they start and makes it so that they come in with paperwork already filled out and spend their first day doing more than just paperwork. Most of the framework is in place, but EACH area needs improvement, both in the functionality for administration and the ease of use for employees. The sections offered are vital, but aren't complete.

Liana Guzman

Easy to use system that allows central tracking and reporting of most employee information.

Reviewed 2017-07-14
Review Source: Software Advice

BambooHR has been really helpful in storing and reporting on employee information, giving employees access to view their benefit and personal information, and I can't rave enough about the Applicant Tracking feature. As a one person HR department, BambooHR has allowed me to become a strong, communicative and organized recruiter in the midst of the million other things I do. As I learn more about email alerts and forms, I'm finding more and more ways for BambooHR to support and automate processes that otherwise take up a lot of time and paper. I love that you constantly seek, and act on, customer feedback to make continuous improvements that are relevant to improving our day to day operations. I love that you are responsive to questions and patiently provide guidance and instruction on how to use features. I don't feel like I've purchased this software, and fell into a black hole. The Bamboo team is accessible and supportive, welcoming questions and feedback. I look forward to learning more about how I can use BabmooHR's current features, as well as waiting to see what new features and updates you'll roll out next. Happy Bamboo-ing indeed! BambooHR's customer support is second to none. How they find such cheerful, helpful people, I don't know. They are happy to work with you to help you get the most out of the system. The system is user friendly and can be customized in a lot of ways. You can report on any information in the system, with easy to use standard reports, or you can create your own. They constantly add features and make improvements based on customer feedback. In some cases, they can make requested changes immediately. But they really seem to listen to what you want, and work to get there. Employees can see and request updates to their information, as well as complete & submit forms electronically. I'm able to create approval workflows to support many request processes, allowing us to become more automated and maintain files electronically, which we can then report on. I love the applicant tracking system. I think it's the strongest feature they have, allowing collaboration with hiring managers, as well as communication with candidates. It's helped me manage and improve our recruitment process with the click of a button. All candidate records are maintained in one place, and can be seamlessly on-boarded.

Beth Thompson

We love BambooHR and the customization possibilities it provides!

Reviewed 2016-05-13
Review Source: Software Advice

I did a lot of research on HRIS before choosing BambooHR. For those thinking about using BambooHR, really look at how your structure is set up and how you want it to work when the product goes live. For example, we have two divisions in two different locations. Both divisions are very unique and what one division needed the other did not. Getting this figured out before implementation will help alleviate the need for a lot of change once the system goes live. For our company, BambooHR was by far the best fit for us. The best thing about this product is the customization and the ease in which we were able to implement the system. From the time we decided to go with BambooHR to the time it was implemented and functional was a little over a month! My dedicated implementation specialist, Carol Brogdon was great to work with during the implementation of the system. I am not IT expert or tech person, and this was easy! The customization of the system allows (from the beginning) you to create a system in which each user can see as mush or as little of the information as needed. Since implementation, I have even been able to customize more information on the site that is specific to our needs with two different locations and divisions. The time off feature allows our employees to request time off from their smart phones or pc quickly and for our admin and foremen the calendar of "Who's Out" is extremely useful, especially for looking ahead and seeing who will be out on vacations or sick/holiday time. Anniversary dates and birthdays are visible and there is no longer a need to keep a spreadsheet with this information. The reports that can be generated on training, time off balances, licensing, etc has been a time saver. The ability to transform these reports into PDF, excel and even share custom reports as needed has been very beneficial to us. On-boarding, off-boarding, completing forms as needed has been extremely efficient utilizing the uploading of files and then setting up the signature templates (no more paper pushing or waiting for people to sign and return documents). Uploading files to share with all employees or just a few employees is also a great tool. We utilize the company announcements to send important information to some or all of our employees. The notes section has been invaluable for our managers to document information and if an employee moves to a new location, the new manager now has that information at their fingertips. Our employees can update their address, marital status, with-holdings, etc all from their dashboard. No longer do they have to wonder if the HR department has their most current information because they see what is on file for them with the company when they log in. We have yet to utilize the Job Openings component yet. This was a big draw, as we had experienced a large growth last year. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending) our hiring has tapered off, so we have not had the opportunity to try this out. As far as BambooHR responsiveness to any issues I have encountered, they have been very quick to resolve. I like that they are constantly trying to improve the product and take ideas and suggestions on areas of concern. This type of progressive thinking and action will make them and keep them a front runner in the HRIS world.

TJ Zawodniak

Cumbersome HR Processes Streamlined w/ BambooHR

Reviewed 2016-10-11

BambooHR has revolutionized the way we do business. From top to bottom, our employees have nothing but great things to say about this software. Several cumbersome processes have been streamlined. For example, Bamboohr's applicant tracking system has given us the platform to compete for candidates who are not only more qualified but who also fit our company culture. Finding the right folks has decreased turnover and saved on training costs. The APS has streamlined our applicant workflow process. For instance, HR and managers now have the ability to work together in reviewing and scheduling applicants. This alone has yielded more qualified candidates in half the time. The PTO tracker is another Bamboohr feature our company absolutely loves. Prior to Bamboohr we used email and paper to track PTO. The double, sometimes triple, handling of requests was beyond frustrating. Employees now request off and receive their managers approval (or denial) within minutes. Employee records throughout the system are updated the moment their supervisor accepts his/her PTO request. Everyone enjoys managing their own PTO. Employee on-boarding is another process streamlined through Bamboohr. Candidate information is transferred from the APS to their employee record the moment he/she is hired. We customized bamboohr's on-boarding checklist to fit our company's needs. Any person, whether HR, manager or new hire, can be assigned items within a template checklist. Once a person is hired, the assigned items will automatically generate notifications to the appropriate person. Check-list notifications may serve as simple reminders to more complex messages requiring electronic signatures. Bamboohr's electronic signature feature recently has allowed us to enjoy our first "paperless" on-boarding experience!! BambooHR is without question a game changer. APS is extremely effective. Sleek design gives companies competive advantgage. PTO tracker via mobile app is a game changer Paperless on-boarding is real!

Keyana Kutney

This might just be my personal all-time favorite software EVER.

Reviewed 2018-04-30

Where do I even begin? All other HR systems out there should take note: BambooHR is how you do HR. My company was in need of software that dramatically cut down our paper usage, particularly for the onboarding process. The paperwork folder that I'd hand each new hire on their first day, was far too much and too overwhelming. With BambooHR, we are now able to have that onboarding process be completely electronic and have each new employee complete their new hire packet before their start date, at their leisure. That way, their first day (really, just about their entire first week) could be spent participating in valuable hands-on training sessions. No one wants to be bogged down with a massive folder of documents on their very first day at work, and the likelihood of employees retaining any of that information while a ton of other thoughts and nerves are flying through their heads on that first day, is VERY low. With BambooHR, new and veteran employees can revisit that information anytime they'd like. The PTO feature is top-notch: employees can view a time-off calendar within the software and request off without having to physically check-in with HR or their direct reports, first. All that's needed from me or directs, is approval or denial of such requests. Job benefits, bonuses, raises, and a whole slew of other job-related information can be tracked in BambooHR, making it the most comprehensive, easy-to-use HR software that my company has ever used.!

Pamela Cobbs

BambooHR is very user friendly

Reviewed 2017-08-09
Review Source: Software Advice

-Easy to use -In-depth training module (required, but very helpful and has a lot of value) -Can store everything needed in one place -Makes onboarding and offboarding quick and easy -Love all the alerts -Has made keeping track of paperwork so much easier

Anonymous

Best HR Software around!

Reviewed 2018-05-09

TIME!! I have so much more time! Bamboo really strives to make their product easy to use. Their help section is filled with many different how to articles with picture and most often a video tutorial. I really like to 30/30 product updates they do, every 30 day they send out a video showing the new updates to the software for the last 30 days and what they are going to be working on for the next 30! This is constantly showing me all the different way to use Bamboo! They also will help create sections and tables so you can customize the program a lot. We also use it for performance management. We have heard that some people don't like that the limit the total number of questions in the review section we LOVE IT! We use the review period to "check in" with our employees and use the few basic questions to start a conversation about how happy they are with work and it has done amazing things for our company!

Leticia Naranjo

The hiring front of this application still needs a lot of improvement

Reviewed 2017-05-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Handling our internal staff and sending on-boarding packages is nice, and it offers a good way to make things related to our staff visible to the HR department. It handles time off policies really well and you can set a lot of internal specifications for the benefits your staff gets. Customer support replies fast mostly on the same day. It has a good user access differentiation, but if you're like me and would like a lot of customization on that side for the hiring front you'll find it a bit lacking.

Elena Markina

Great HRIS for small to medium companies which is easy to use

Reviewed 2018-06-08

I liked the preboarding feature a lot - makes it very easy to onboard new employees even before they started, it's fully automated so all you have to do is just mark a person as hired and set up a workflow once and the rest is taken care of. nice feature of having people answer questions about themselves as it helps the team to learn more about their future colleagues. the performance module is very simple but in the same time gives enough information and insight. it's based on deloittes approach to redesign performance reviews. I liked the reporting on the performance too, as it shows in one glance who's engaged and high performer vs those who has some issues which HR or a manager should take care of. The goal setting/tracking feature is also nice and simple, allows managers to comment on the progress which encourages frequent feedback and giving kudos.

Thomas Andrade

Bamboo HR is fantastic. Completely automate your HR needs. Very intuitive and user friendly.

Reviewed 2017-08-26

This product allows my management team to be on the same page with employee administration. Our managers are able to access our Bamboo account from anywhere, allowing them to keep better information on their staff. It helped reduce costs by allowing employees to enter & update their own personal information. the reporting has automated several manual reports we used to produce in the corporate office. We continue to automate more processes with the help of the Bamboo development team. The on boarding and off boarding processs is streamlined by offering electronic on boarding, taks assignments, and e signature documents.Bamboo HR covers every aspect of employee administration and HR management. The canned functionality and reports meet 90% of my organizations needs. The minor things that we discovered missing, we requested and Bamboo customized them for us - very quickly and at no additional charge. The cloud based platform keeps my entire management team on the same page with their employees as well as with the other departments. Bamboo is very intuitive and easy to use. Bamboo allows you the ability to alter screens and develop your own specialized reporting. Our employees have the ability to view and update their personal information and request time off through a free app.

Anne Peterson

A Great Way to Introduce an HRMS to Your Company

Reviewed 2017-12-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall, BambooHR is a great product. While adoption by others has been slow, the feedback has been very positive. BambooHR has made my job much easier.This product is very easy to use and for the things that might be a little tricky, BambooHR has great Customer Service. As a cloud-based system, it's great to be able to access the data from anywhere. It's mobile-optimized which makes it easy to look up information when I'm away from the office. There are also quite a few features included in the base price compared to other products that are sold as individual modules that don't necessarily work together all that well and everything is included (except performance management which is the only add-on). BambooHR is also constantly updating and making changes suggested by their users to make the product even better. BambooHR is also a very elegant solution. If you can shop or bank online, you can use BambooHR.

Brooke Jensen

Everything You Could Ever Need

Reviewed 2017-03-21

I could probably write a whole book about why I think organizations should be using BambooHR. I am currently a one-woman show at my company and was running most of our processes on dropbox and drive documents. BambooHR has freed up so much of my time, allowing me to be more strategic and take better care of my team. Bamboo makes our company even more organized and improves the hiring to on-boarding experience by 1000%. Let's start with the Applicant Tracking Software. I went from having no ATS and using google docs to Bamboo and it has made my life so much easier and our lines of communication to applicants even better. It allows me to stick to deadlines, keep everything in one place, and never misplace an applicant. I don't know how I would have gotten through hiring for our summer internship program (180 applicants) with out this software. On-boarding: incredible. I can send a new hire packet to my new hire and they feel so well communicated with every step of the way. Being able to fill out their paperwork online is so important - they can do most of it before they even step into our office. Then they have access to everything later - what more could they (or I) want? Reporting time off - We have unlimited vacation but still use Bamboo to keep track of where people are and how many days are spent out of the office. It's so incredibly easy to set up and my freedom loving team loves using it. (There is even an app!) The day to day - it makes everything easier. I have everyone's phone numbers, addresses, SSNs, EVERYTHING in one place. I'm an evangelist for a reason, it's hands down the best thing I've implemented for my team. So simple, effective, customizable. Customer service is amaaaazing. You can do everything you would possibly want and now they have payroll.

Jane Jaxon

Overall good experience

Reviewed 2014-12-29
Review Source: Software Advice

I like that it's fairly simple to use for a smaller SaaS company (like we are) and that it puts tools in the hands of the people who need them (managers, employees) without HR needing to be gatekeepers. Implementation was great. They are rolling out things pretty quickly, and the software largely works for what we want it to do. I love the Small-Improvements integration! I love the dynamic org chart, the granularity of permissions, and how easy it is for our tech-savvy crew to pick up intuitively.

Anonymous

HR Software with a Soul

Reviewed 2017-11-16

BambooHR guides their design decisions using research, a modern understanding of HR philosophy, and customer feedback. They don't let you over-configure the software so you end up torturing your employees; they simply won't let you. Example: They designed the Performance Review module very thoughtfully, posing the minimum number of thoroughly-researched and carefully worded prompts to drive a strong review for both Manager and Employee. They won't let you turn the Performance Review into a 5-page write-up like some circa 1980's multi-national. Good UI design, and requires minimal configuration out of the box. BambooHR integrates with many other vendors up and downstream in the business: candidate tracking, payroll, time logging, etc...

David Knapp

BambooHR = HR Genius

Reviewed 2016-09-06
Review Source: Software Advice

Working with BambooHR has been an eye-opening experience into what life as and HR Professional is like without spreadsheets and paper processes. BambooHR's cloud-based HR platform allows you to recruit, hire and onboard new hires all within one complete system. Through their user friendly applicant tracking system the Hiring Managers are able to comment on candidates and pass them through to the hire process. Once a candidate is selected for hire the system has a built in onboarding package which you can customize for all new hires to include necessary paperwork such as (W-4s, I-9, and company information that can be signed electronically). BambooHR's platform also comes with an easy to use time off tracking system which allows employees and manager to easily track leave requests and a calendar to view when the corresponding team members are out of the office. Bamboo also allows the company to keep track of which benefits employees have elected to ensure compliance throughout the organization. Not to mention, there is a built in organizational chart which allows the employee to view the entire reporting structure of the company along with their direct reports and supervisors. Lastly BambooHR also offers additional apps and add-ons for performance review management which has made annual reviews a quick and painless process for managers and their employees.

Emma Byrne

Good basic functionality for a small company

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Easy to navigate from a user and admin point of view. Alerts and notifications are very handy.In general, I find Bamboo perfectly adequate for the needs of our business (under 100 employees). It is easy to navigate from both a user and an administrator perspective. If I need a new field the Support team will make this change quickly for me (and at no cost unlike other providers) and I can easily add new items to a drop-down list. Some of the nice 'extra' features (which I had never seen in previous HR systems) include: Tracker on the dashboard showing who is not in the office Company celebrations (birthdays and anniversaries) on the dashboard The ability to view what the system looks like per user

Alexandra Rusnic

Love Bamboo-ing!

Reviewed 2017-01-26
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a small company but found that general HR tasks were very time to consume and overwhelming since employees here wear multiple 'hats' -- BambooHR was just what we needed. For the price, this software has some great features and grows with the company. As a user, the company will also send out emails for training and other external events for interested parties - another great benefit of BambooHR!So many features to make HR as easy as possible. Different training areas can be set up for multiple staff types, dashboard makes checking upcoming employee announcements easy to follow (such as time off, birthdays, anniversaries, etc). Enjoy the ease of uploading documentation into employee files as well as the employees having access to particular areas and documents (which can all be assigned by Admin). Additional software can be implemented and used right along with BambooHR - also a plus. The company sends out emails reporting pending updates to the software so we always feel like a part of the changes as they are occurring instead of after the fact.

Jennifer Giese

Their Customer Service is Terrible and so is there ATS

Reviewed 2015-10-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Originally, I loved the ease of the ATS ranking system.

Bryan Phelps

We're a growing company and BambooHR helped us really organize our HR processes

Reviewed 2018-02-12

BambooHR helped us scale from 20-50 employees very quickly and efficiently. Without the software, we likely would've had to hire at least 1 person to coordinate everything. It saved us some costs there but it also helps us improve our employee experience through onboarding and performance management. We hadn't used an HRIS before BambooHR so we didn't really know what to expect. We started using BambooHR when we were around 20 employees or so. In the last year or we, we've grown to 50 employees so their various features from ATS to onboarding to esignatures have really helped us grow quickly while providing a good employee experience.

Chris Graef

Quick and friendly customer service, simply platform with lots of features.

Reviewed 2017-11-09

BambooHR has done their research on what makes a good HRIS system. They have made it really simple for HR reps to organize employee information and keep everyone in constant communication. If you buy this program you have to get the ATS function. It keeps all your applicants organized with a rating system and a quick email function. It now has a offer letter function to quickly send your new hires their OL and can keep track of when they view it and sign it. When their hired they're OL and application automatically go into their electronic file. Send them the new hire packet and they'll love the simple and fun communication. When I review the hiring process with my new hires, they always talk about how easy everything was and how communicative the process is.

Beverly McQuown

Very user friendly for both Administrator and end user! Their customer service is unsurpassed!

Reviewed 2017-07-21

Place for general company information and forms; onboarding of new employees that are off-site; automated time off requests/approval; data and set or custom reports at your fingertips and will convert to excel with click of a button! Track turnover; very easy to give access to certain people or give people only access to certain documents. Easy to use and the help online is extraordinary! The on line videos and information is great and if you cant find what you need its easy to send an email and their response has always been within 24 hours and spot on!

Kelsi Brown

Customization is Amazing!

Reviewed 2018-05-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Customer service is so helpful and friendly, and there are rarely wait times over 2-3 minutes when calling them. The interface is very user friendly, and we get compliments on our new hire onboarding process through bamboo frequently. The ability to create custom fields on employee profiles for us to track things outside of necessary HR-related information is huge! Also being able to pull custom reports on this data is key for us in presenting information to upper management. It has helped streamline communicating information because of how easily accessible the data is.

John Juran

Perfect for the small, upcoming business

Reviewed 2018-03-09
Review Source: Software Advice

The product also provides opportunities for performance managing your team by selecting the "Performance" package. This has helped keep a pulse on our company's engagement and loyalty. Great product!The program is very easy to use and is quite intuitive. You have the ability to customize many options. BambooHR does a nice job of sending out monthly feature updates that keep the HR team up to date and knowledgeable. There are several vendors that will work well with the BambooHR platform as well. These vendors include but are not limited to payroll and benefits. They are fun and helpful with their customer service. Great product for the price point!

Caitlin Peerson

Best software system I've ever used!

Reviewed 2017-11-16

Bamboo offers a beautiful platform with tremendous ease of use. It offers excellent ATS (Applicant Tracking) and employee management features, and they continue to innovate and offer improvements and more features each month. Customer service is fantastic.