Mailjet Reviews

Mailjet

Marketing Email, Transactional Email, Transactional SMS

4.4/5 (314 reviews)

Pros
  • It has the most popular features expected in such a software and the customer service is really nice.Charlotte B.Read the full review
  • To be honest, I used to own the most advanced autoresponder service on the market. It was designed around marketers' needs and did its job to perfection.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Overall we're happy with Mailjet and their pricing is great in comparison to other email providers.Jaclyn B.Read the full review
Cons
  • When I had a problem in that the emails we saying "sent" but nothing was being received - they told me it was my problem and there was nothing they could do.Danielle C.Read the full review
  • I found it as a horrible insult from a service provider. I have already lost a lot of time and money not gained by me not doing my job by "using" their service.Andreea K.Read the full review
  • Getting to your templates can be annoying. When creating a template it often times stops working and you have to reset the page.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Adolf Rizzo

Mailjet the best current mailing tool.

Reviewed 2019-08-30

My experience as a Mailjet client has been wonderful both personally and professionally, especially in the company where we have the need to send notifications, advertising campaigns and promotional emails whose processes are evaluated in real time and also have the advantage that These shipments will be customized.

Pros
Mailjet is a very easy to use platform with very striking features, where I can observe all the results of the campaigns that are carried out, which allows us to use all the past content that is stored securely, all this historical we analyze it and We use to optimize our future strategies. A very interesting feature of this system is that we can send transactional and marketing emails from the same platform without incurring additional expenses.

Cons
I suggest that the customer support provided by Mailjet can be improved in the advisory aspect, however this does not prevent it from being considered a platform that is well structured.

Kenneth Anthony

Best Value Out There

Reviewed 2019-09-20

Pros
The software is easy to use and I can prepare a "mailing" fairly quickly with templates that I've set up for various types of occasions. The price is very reasonable and the reports are fantastic. I'm able to reach my target markets better when I download the reports and track who opens and "clicks" through my messages.

Cons
Everything is great. I wish that there could be more templates for the emails to give me more "looks" when I do "mailings"

Anonymous

Steer clear if you're looking to send a large volume of emails

Reviewed 2019-12-03

Overall, if you want to send a little bit of email with webhooks and api calls, this will work. If you're sending large scale campaigns, it could ruin your email list size because of the lack of functionality around reengagement campaign parameters.

Pros
The sales people and customer support were very nice. If you were looking to use the free tier or send low volume of emails then MailJet will do the job (ie: in place of MailChimp) however, if you're looking at this v's constantcontact or sendgrid, selligent etc then I would definitely not go with MailJet.

Cons
MailJet do not want clients to use them as a databasing tool which means, if you have a segment of users who are engaged and opened 20 times in the last 30 days and you want to get those email addresses to push into facebook to find a look alike audience...you can't. MailJet won't let you get that data. They also blacklist your softbouncing emails in the background and limit the characters in subject lines.

Response from Mailjet

Hi - thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to send us an email to contact@mailjet.com and we'd be happy to look into your account. In the meantime, we apologize for any inconvenience. Our platform and API is designed to handle higher volumes and as long as our Sending Policy is adhered to, we will be able to address any of your issues. Thanks again, the Mailjet team.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Mauro Bresolin

Great service at reasonable prices

Reviewed 2020-03-03

The problem of spam definitively solved, integration in the servers very fast, excellent

Pros
I solved the spam problem without large configurations, thanks to their fully qualified servers. It was what I needed

Cons
I would love to have the option to pay for the service annually and not only monthly, obviously prepaid

Isaac Blakemore

A solid option for managing email lists.

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-09-25

Pros
Ease of use A plethora of features Messages arrive to inbox (not spam) Good analytics Overall value is good

Cons
Mailjet limits your sending rate at first Some features could be more customizable (e.g. subscriber forms/widgets) Can be a bit complicated to add sender addresses and verify URLs

Dario Rigolin

Better value for money on the market

Reviewed 2019-12-12

Pros
Mailjet has all funcionalities needed for sending transactional emails. Great backoffice application and EU based

Cons
Transactional confirmation API structure need some manual tricks to work with many domains and subaccount in an efficent way

Gabriele Pallaoro

A great service for a small price

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-09-20

Great DX for the integration, familiar UI, great analytics, honest pricing, possibility to send SMS. The product I was looking for, recommended.

Pros
- Easily create email templates with web-based editor - Great analytics for your emails - Easy API integration

Cons
- Cannot buy a dedicated IP unless you send 150k emails/month, I'd like to build my reputation from now

Karen Saelee

MailJEt Review

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-09-25

Overall, my experience is positive. I wish there was a way to customize image padding (more than what's available, once it's been inputted in. Another function that can use some work would be the spacing between paragraphs. It would be nice to be able to create different spacing within the same text box without all of the text adapting to the same space size. Otherwise, uploading contact lists and creating email templates has been seamless.

Pros
I like that it's easy to use and pretty intuitive for first time users.

Cons
What I like least is you can't control the optimization of mobile design, that it'll automatically scale larger or smaller than a phone screen. You can't design for one platform (desktop) without considering how it'll appear on mobile, since it's not mobile optimized.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Ronnie Rask

Mailjet was challenging

Reviewed 2019-09-20

Overall I left Mailjet. The cost involved was too high. Customer service was not great. The interface was nice but didn't out weight the cons.

Pros
Mailjet was a great resource for creating engaging emails. The creative tools for making emails were very easy to use. Creating powerful engaging emails was very quick and the end result was exactly what I was looking for on the creation side of the platform.

Cons
So unfortunately I was unable to continue using Mailjet. The cost involved is pretty competitive but still very expensive. I came into some problems with a few of my emails and the customer service was underwhelming. They made things very challenging. I missed a few planned emails with specific deadlines due to not being made aware of the problems going on. Unacceptable. So I switched.

Response from Mailjet

Hi Ronnie - thanks for your feedback, and we are sorry to hear you had an underwhelming experience. In an effort to provide excellent service, could you share your Support Ticket number by email at contact@mailjet.com. We'd be happy to take a look at your account and if you're interested in potentially continuing with our service, see how we can improve your experience. Best, the Mailjet team.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Ramon Morell

Mailjet is my preferred mailing service

Reviewed 2019-08-02

Totally satisfied with this product

Pros
It is very easy to configure and use, and it is less expensive than other similar products, keeping the main features in

Cons
I would like more integrations so as to be more efficient

Ben Hall

Transactional Email That Covers 90% Of Use Cases

Reviewed 2019-11-12

MailJet has been a drop in replacement for Madrill. It has been more than adequate for all of my transactional emailing needs.

Pros
After using MailJet as a replacement for Mandrill for the last 2 years, I can fully recommend it. I use it for transactional email and I can send 6000 per month on the free tier. More than enough for my use case. I like the templates and templating language. Setting up sender domains and authenticating them is a doddle. Using the API is also painless with the excellent API documentation.

Cons
The only thing I dislike is that there are almost too many options. This isn't a bad thing per se, but I have probably only used about 25% of the available tools/reporting etc. I also have no need for the campaign tools and would prefer it if Mailjet only concentrated on transactional emails.

James Boundey

Works great! Easy to Use! Very Reliable!

Reviewed 2019-09-30

My overall experience with Mailjet is that it is excellent software. It is easy to use, it just works, it's easy to set up, it provides awesome verification of my mail reaching its destination, I will continue to be a happy Mailjet user for years to come.

Pros
I appreciate Mailjet for a couple of reasons. The first and most important is reliability. My E-mails always get sent out, and they always reach their destination. Mailjet is careful about preventing users from using it as a spam gateway, which means it has a good reputation which means that other companies and servers do not block Majiljet which means that my mail gets sent out properly. The second thing I love most about Mailjet is how easy it is to set up. When I went to set it up, the configuration was simple, and it started to work quickly. I also love Mailjet because it has a useful dashboard that allows me to check and ensure that my E-mail did get sent out and reached its intended recipient. That leaves me never wondering whether my message was received or not.

Cons
What I appreciate least about this software is that there have been limitations placed on my account which limits how many E-mails I can send out within a specific period of time. While I have never reached the limit, or even really approached the limit as far as I am aware, and I am aware it is to ensure that spam is not sent out, I still felt that the limitation was not necessary and although I continue to happily use the software, and will continue to do so, this would probably continue to be my least favorite aspect of using Mailjet.

Mary Ellen Cleary

Solid Product, Workflow/Automation still needs some work

Reviewed 2019-10-22

The platform has gotten much better over the years. We have the bronze subscription and for the price it is really worth it.

Pros
The ability to design your own emails from a template or simply drop in HTML has been great for our company. The email builder is pretty easy to use and emails look decent across all mobile and desktop platforms.

Cons
We started using the workflow/automation feature when it was in its beta phase. We needed to be able to add a user into a contact list and then have emails sent automatically. Creating a workflow is incredibly tedious. I had all the emails I already wanted to use from when I previously had to manually send them to contact lists each day. But for some reason mailjet wouldn't let me use emails from my campaigns in the workflow. I had to recreate every single email as a template in the workflow/automation section to be able to add it to a new workflow. I was able to just copy and paste the HTML, but it was still such a time consuming process. If I could just drag and drop already used campaign emails into a workflow that would make so much more sense.

Katerina Vaitovich

Mailjet facilitates product management

Reviewed 2018-10-01

In general I like Mailjet. You set up it once and you forget about it because you know that it is running like clockwork. I always recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros
Mailjet is quite easy to set up and use. The latest improvements that were implemented this year make the creation of nice looking emails for different platforms very convenient. User-friendly, colorful and intuitively understandable.

Cons
The most irritating thing about Mailjet is when the account is blocked for some reason and you message to the support they just say "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security rules. We unblock your account". They never say what exactly is incorrect with the domain despite the fact that it could help their customer to improve his domain security or change the hosting. Or as another example, when you have just created your account, you may get the message "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security flags. We cannot allow you to use our system." No any other clarification what exactly their security system didn't like. And you have to go to their competitors.

Pashminu Mansukhani

Good value for money

Reviewed 2019-12-14

Overall, I am very much glad to have a pocket friendly marking too.

Pros
It is easy to get started with all the options and the best feature is to schedule the emailers. Also, the reports are good enough for normal email marketing.

Cons
There should be a feature to show the click heat map, that would be helpful is getting better insights on writing the emailer content and links etc.

Melanie Calhoun

Longtime fan and user for years.

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Allows 3rd party applications to send email without having to open up security on mail servers, and does so with ease.

Pros
MailJet is targeted more at being used for email marketing, but it is the perfect solution for 3rd party applications that require SMTP service but for one reason or another an organization cannot use their own mail server. (Also allows tracking for those 3rd party app mailings if you want to get fancy.) It's been my go to through several employment changes where I always end up needing it for one thing or another, and I've recommended to clients many times over. The support is always fantastic as well - they've always been responsive and on top of things, even when I was only using a free account. This has made them the first SMTP service I think of, always.

Cons
The only real challenge I've faced was that the API keys can sometimes be too long for older applications. (And some poorly built ones.) This is not really a fault of MailJet -- the longer API keys make for better security, but it can just be a roadblock sometimes. (MailJet support is right on the case for it though.) In the years I've been using it (I think I first discovered them 4 or 5 years ago - not exactly sure how long, I've experienced an outage or two. Frustrating when it happens, but then any internet service is subject to that from time to time.

Outstanding Mailing Management Software

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-03-12

Pros
MailJet is extremely easy to use and makes the process of generating mailings extremely simple. The UI for generating mailings is intuitive and simple, yet powerful and able to accomodate pretty much anything you'd want to put into an email. I use it generally for doing newsletters to a large group of about 5,000 subscribers. The overall interface for managing Contacts lists and Campaigns is well done and understandable. Adding and removing subscribers from Contact lists is fairly straightforward and mostly great. On the rare occasions when I've needed support, they've always been extremely fast and knowledge-able, and solved the issue in short order.

Cons
Three things about Contact lists are a bit annoying: 1) There doesn't seem to be any way to automatically remove Unsubscribed Contacts: you have to download them manually, then upload them to remove them. 2) Same thing with Bounced or other Contacts that you discover from the post-Campaign analysis: there's no button to say "Remove these from my Contact List": you must download them, then remove them through the removal interface 3) Errors from uploading new Contacts is a little clunky when there are errors: again it generates a file that you have to download and look at separately. For most errors (duplicate address, typos, invalid format, etc) in the little uploads that I do as part of expanding the list, I'd just like to see the darned things immediately on the screen so that I could either ignore them (i.e. dups) or fix them (typos & invalid format). Only if the errors go beyond some threshold (say more than 10, and it could be user-settable), should it do the file-generate-and-download thing.

Danielle Conti

Reviewed 2019-03-12

This works really well for what I need. It is easy to use and easy to train people not so tech savvy to use as well. Aside from the cons above, I have had a great time updating content. I do with the help people we a little more helpful. When I had a problem in that the emails we saying "sent" but nothing was being received - they told me it was my problem and there was nothing they could do. - That may be the case, but there are nicer ways of saying this. I had already checked my email spam and the head spam blocker and nothing was there from mailjet. I ended up having to send out a link to the online version that I had pulled off of a previous test email. That all being said, I still continue to use the program as it is easy to manage and provides nice stats.

Pros
I like the amount of flexibility you have at the free level. I like the ease of dragging and dropping content to add or reposition. I like that it saves as a work in progress and you can go back and review old newsletters. I also like the detailed insight and stats.

Cons
That you can't move multiple sections at once. For example, I wish you could highlight a text box and an image at the same time and move them around together to relocate content. I also wish you could add dividers between vertical columns. If you have a 3 column section, I would like to divide with a line between. I wish there was a calendar feature as well to help with showcasing dates and events.

Pranab Salian

Great for sending outbound transactional email

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Used mailjet within our Django based web app.

Pros
Hassle-free and fair limits on the free plan, with well-priced upgrades for running specific campaigns. Great deliverability as well.

Cons
Couldn’t find a way to see what unverified email addresses were being tried on our account as sender addresses (so we couldn’t fix those wrong outbound email addresses)

Lucas Pelton

Of all the ESPs I use, I tend to prefer MailJet for nearly everything

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-02-19

The number-one unique feature that Mailjet provides is MJML with a drag-and-drop builder. Hands-down the best way to roll out anything from an MVP email for testing to a full-fledged transactional messaging system. The close integration of the Builder with the Send API to dynamically populate the messages is AWESOME! Separating code and design is definitely a goal that this can help you achieve. I love being able to send through SMTP. It's a huge plus for managed WordPress hosting environments where it's impractical to run a mail server. I also really appreciate the Mail Parse API, which allows me to focus on processing inbound emails via webhook and JSON -- no messy content or attachment handling. The freemium setup, as of early 2019, is sufficient to run small operations for $0, and then the entry-level paid plan is such a good value after you outgrow the free level. I recommend Mailjet to all my clients who need mail sending or receipt/processing.

Pros
Freemium pricing structure Good value for entry-level paid plan MJML WYSIWYG Builder Data-merge into stored templates Email address shortcut to send to entire mailing list

Cons
There seems to be some question about the definition of a transactional message. My client's emails that resulted from visitors filling a form (a transaction, I would say) were blocked based on content filters and the support team didn't have a really good answer as to why, other than quoting their policy that the service is for sending bulk or transactional messages only. This issue may have been cleared up in the meantime.

Alexander Riddle

Easy To Setup, Crazy Terms of Service

Reviewed 2019-09-21

It started off good, as an easy to use software but later turned into a nightmare working with their support.

Pros
It's really easy to set up and get going on a WordPress site, and I liked being able to authenticate by confirming an email rather than by DNS if I wanted.

Cons
Their TOS and enforcement of it is absolutely insane. One of my sites sends transactional emails for the purchase of firearms accessories (think like holsters, nothing regulated). They blocked my entire account and all sites associated because of that. I removed the site they flagged, thinking I'd get my account back. The compliance team then had to review my account, and then said one site I had linked which does landscaping is also against their terms because they don't allow real estate sales/related services. I should note, none of the sites on my account were sending any sort of newsletter or promotional emails. It was all contact form submissions and purchase receipts.

Response from Mailjet

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your feedback and we apologize for any issues you had with our service. Ultimately our sending policy is in place to avoid issues of spam, and illicit sending. We restrict content on self-service plans related to fire arms and real estate due to recommendations from ISPs. Thanks for understanding.

Best,
The Mailjet team

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Richard Iddings

Good overall... But, don't try to do too much too early.

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Pros
Mailjet is very easy to setup as long as you have access to your domain DNS settings. I manage DNS through Amazon Route 53 so changes reflect quickly when I needed to verify DNS ownership. Once you confirm ownership, setting up email API is easy, and works instantaneously - as it should. I started using Mailjet to send out server and website notifications. For this purpose it worked awesome. I had about 20 websites sending notifications out via MailJet and as long as the domain names were verified correctly it worked great. You'll run into problems if don't verify your domain so if you have issues check that first. Mailjet has an easy domain verification tool that will highlight any issues quickly. For transactional emails and general emails from an email client MailJet worked fantastic - read the cons section for an area of trouble.

Cons
Since I had such good success using MailJet for our transactional needs, I started using MailJet a couple months ago to send out periodic marketing emails, it's a native feature within their dashboard so I thought it would be nice to consolidate email providers. Well, very quickly we ran into issues and they temporarily lowered my sending limits. I was able to quickly provide them with the information they needed and they removed the sending limits after 7-days. From that experience, I limited our use of MailJet as a marketing platform, but recently used them again only to run into the exact same problem. But this time the issue was because of the volume of emails sent - not because of any bounce or SPAM notifications. The suspension this time resulted in a much more complicated process in demonstrating ownership over the list of email under my control. I don't want to pick on MailJet too much on this subject of marketing emails; they position themselves as a transactional email platform, and for that, they're awesome. I only used MailJet for marketing purposes because they feature it in their dashboard and it's easy to use. But they seem far more strict in their email purposes than say MailChimp which seems to be setup more for marketing/newsletter type emails.

Transactional / Triggered emails are so easy to setup

Reviewed 2019-05-09

Overall, it has been a positive experience. As a startup company, we initially went with a competitor and hit many roadblocks, so we wound up with MailJet and it has been smooth sailing.

Pros
So far, I have mostly only used the transactional emails. Our developer found this solution and it integrated with our platfrom through the API very smooth. My role was to create and design the email templates. It was very intuitive to use and has a vast feature set. I quickly setup 15+ custom templates within a few hours. The developer had them connected and running within a couple days.

Cons
The reporting is a bit confusing compared to other email tools I have used. When I had to go and find if someone was triggered a transactional email and it wasn't easy to find the information I needed.

Andrew Starodubtsev

SMTP relay for all my emails

Reviewed 2017-12-05

I use mailjet in daily work and keep in mind if one of the clients asks for advise or recommendation. Mailjet offers and provide so many working services and features that while one implements them there is no time to think about the shortcomings.

Pros
1. innovative technologies and features 2. the necessary functions that can be extended and / or scaled if necessary 3. never experienced issues 4. high abvailability 5. API / developers friendly 6. full-stack developer friendly 7. spam filters / precise analytics / statistics 8. free plan and fair pricing 9. intuitive admin web UI 10. documentation and clear tutorials

Anonymous

A very basic service that is seriously lacking in terms of marketing

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-11-16

To be honest, I used to own the most advanced autoresponder service on the market. It was designed around marketers' needs and did its job to perfection. I sold the company a few years ago and have been operating manually ever since. This is not a good way to run an online business so I searched for an affordable email marketing service and was recommended to try Mailjet. I even had someone from our local chamber of commerce come to the company to show me how to set it up. That alone should speak volumes about its user unfriendliness because if someone who had developed similar software couldn't understand it, what chance does the common man have? The fact that they refuse questions from potential customers has to be the icing on the cake. I mean, can you imagine walking into a store and asking a salesman a question about an item you are interested in purchasing, only to receive the reply "Sorry but we only accept questions from existing customers."? It is a shame because I would happily work with them to take their product to an entirely new level. As things stand, their system is overly complicated and unnecessarily so. It doesn't cost much because it doesn't offer very much.

Pros
When compared to competing services, its pricing is quite competitive.

Cons
The interface is far from intuitive, especially if you have used other services in the past. Much of it does not work as it is supposed to. You can waste a lot of time repeating actions until the system finally reacts. Server response is incredibly slow. Most of the most important functions needed to use the system for marketing purposes are missing. As a potential customer trying the software with a view to becoming a permanent user, you may not contact support. They literally refuse all questions from potential customers!

Response from Mailjet

Hello, we are very sorry to hear that you had trouble reaching us. If you need to contact us in the future, you can write to us at contact@mailjet.com. We remain open to all comments and we'd be happy to assist you. Best, the Mailjet team.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10