Egnyte Logo

Egnyte

Enterprise file sharing & content governance

Egnyte Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.66/10

Reviews by rating

AND Protect as an optional add on that give AMAZING levels of data security. And on top of all that the support team is super helpful and fast to respond.
So far, very satisfied with it. Great for remote/distributed teams, good value for the money vs the mainstays like Dropbox and Box.
Overall it is a great software with a very helpful customer service, also their training videos are awesome and very helpful.
Initially during my trial, I had lots of problems upload via FTP and after various messages to the support/sales, there was no response.
Really the only thing I dislike about Egnyte is that there are no data sovereignty capabilities as far as I can tell. You can't specify where data is stored geographically.
So if you're already paying for Teams, there's no point to get Egnyte unless you also get Protect or GxP environment. They're also too new in the GxP space so it is a bit unclear.

Linda H.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Powerful and easy to use

Very useful, easy to use, lots of features (I haven't figured out how to use them all yet).

Pros

Egnyte keeps track of everything. All our contacts, deals and activities are all inn one place sp everyone knows what is going on with every client and deal

Cons

It can be slow loading sometimes (probably because we have so much data in there). I don't care for the email feature, so I linked my email to Egnyte. It works seamlessly

JS

Jeffrey S.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Egnyte Does the Job, but That's it.

Pros

Egnyte is a cloud storage service with some basic admin controls and a desktop app that allows you to treat it as a network drive, as well a browser-based service. It functions perfectly fine in its role as a cloud service. Data is stored without any issue and the cost is reasonable.

Cons

The customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The best way to actually get assistance is to dial in and press the button for sales, you'll be assigned a lot more value. It's not the best customer retention strategy, but in my experience, the dedicated support folks are difficult to get ahold of and have to escalate your issue more often than not because they are third-party. The Salesforce API fails periodically leaving the office high and dry if I (IT Director) am not around. It's a quick fix, but the process isn't something that can be done without admin access and a decent base of knowledge.

JH

James H.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Egnyte Review

My experience with Egnyte hasn't been too good but that may be because our Document Control department do not know how to utilize it. I received construction plans this week for work that was already completed last summer.

Pros

Good way to distribute construction plans to all team members and subcontractors.

Cons

Our Document Control department takes too long to distribute the plans through Egnyte. I do not know if that is Egnyte's fault though.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

We couldn't work without it

Previously we were using a physical server and when we started with Egnyte years ago "the Cloud" wasn't as big as it is now. From the start it was obvious that this was a superior way of having a server that we have never looked back.

Pros

Is everything an acceptable response? Easy to setup - easy to use Plugin for Outlook - can create download links to send entire folders Can setup either as something that syncs a specific file(s) to the Egnyte server or have direct access to the server (depending on the user one is better then the other). Mobile apps for both iOS and Andriod - everyone has access to all their files from anywhere they have data coverage or Wi-Fi Their tech support is top notch, always responds same day.

Cons

I have yet to find a con. I guess there are free options available (Google Drive and OneDrive) but the free options are very limited so you'll have to eventually buy a plan anyways.

51-200 employees

Engyte is the perfect platform to store your work in the cloud

Pros

This software ends with the big file sharing issues by storing all your work files in the cloud. This comes with the benefit of keeping your computer clean and light. Also, sharing files among coworkers is made easy by using short links. You can specify the type of permissions you want for a given folder so that you can make it available only to a particular group of people, for example. This is useful when sensitive content is being shared. Another great functionality, if you work with vendors, is you can provide them with a link that will just allow them to drop files while they won't be able to see or modify its contents.

Cons

- While having everything in the cloud is great you need to account for time spent downloading and uploading content, which can be a lot depending on your Internet connection.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Egnyte review

Pros

Egnyte is very user friendly and easy to administer.

Cons

Syncing was at times a problem. Quickbooks files could not sync.

NK

Nik K.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Nice platform with good management tools

The ability to share information with the team as well as outsiders is the biggest reason we use Egnyte. There is plenty of storage on the lower-end plans.

Pros

I use the previous version functionality once in awhile, but when I need it, it's invaluable! Also, I like the notifications on folder changes to keep me up to date without checking in.

Cons

I don't have a ton of cons to add, but I will say not all filetypes preview, but most do. The only thing we've had issues with is the desktop sync, but it wasn't anything major and was quickly addressed by the support team.

Lee S.

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Very Capable Software for Document Security and Sharing

Great!

Pros

Very robust software for storing documents in the cloud. Allows everyone to access latest versions. Favorite aspect is the ability to share files and be notified when and where they are opened from. It's also nice to have version history for files. Lastly, having desktop file access makes using very seamless. It's just like using your regular (C:) drive.

Cons

Sharing capability has to be done through the online site. It would be nice to be able to get a sharing link straight from the desktop file system.

Anya T.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Cloud Software Great for Collaboration

Great for our smaller office solution to keep a lot of files organized between many users, probably good for large offices too, has a very functional phone app for adding pictures or viewing files on the go.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to track who is working on what, it provides a way to email out of company large file links to download from.

Cons

I don't think I have any complaints with this software. The issues

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Egnyte for Secure Online Storage

Pros

Egnyte does a great job for online secure document storage. With tight hierarchal permissions, it's a great option for remote companies who don't have local offices to secure sensitive documents. It's easy to set up and manage.

Cons

On occasion I find it can be slow to load.

RN

Rikke N.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Drive software for corporate business

I'm happy with Egnyte and I feel like my work can be stored here in a safe and reliable way. The speed of file transfers are pretty good and I like the flexibility and applications there's available.

Pros

Great software and portal for file and file-sharing. I have the option to use Egnyte in my browser, as a drive on my PC or as automatic desktop backup. All options can also work together. The structure of files can be made as you like and the sharing options are great. You can edit files in your browser or open and edit in your desktop client. The sharing options are great and you can customize what people should be able to see or do. Clients can get access to specific folders etc.

Cons

It takes some time to learn how to use it due to the many options. I think it is a learning curve that's worth using time on. Egnyte cannot handle large files which is annoying as a designer. Inherited permissions can become a bit of a mess and there's not really any easy way to make it better. Reporting could also be improved.

TY

Tom Y.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Cloud solution with top notch sharing options

I'm very happy with Egnyte. Once I got the touch on how to use it I have found it easy. The desktop version works really well and sync my files automatically.

Pros

Egnyte is a super cloud solution that have a nice folder structure with a really manageable permission scheme. It's easy to share files - internally and externally. I really appreciate the option for changing url when sharing files. I can also backtrack all my shared links and I can see who have accessed it when. The applications also do the job.

Cons

The application have required manually installed updates. I think they might have solved this now. The reports option should maybe have some more options and flexibility.

Construction, 10,001+ employees

Egnyte

Pros

The ease of use, accesability to files from any network, super easy to transfer files to anyone via a link so that emails don't get bogged down. I'd say my favorite feature is the outlook add-in that lets me upload and share my large media files.

Cons

At first, I didn't like the desktop sync because it confused a lot of users in my office and created double storage caches of files. However, they switched to egnyte connect and I believe these problems were solved.

SS

Saad S.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Easy and Efficient

Overall the experience has been great. Has improved workplace efficiency and collaboration tremendously.

Pros

Remote access to work server files make working on the go a breeze. I can access anything from anywhere so that I can have all the information I need even when on client meetings.

Cons

It can get a little getting used to at first. You no longer will store files on your desktop or folders but rather within a folder in Egnyte.

LL

Luyan L.

Useful tool for storing and sharing documents

Pros

The software can hold multiple folders and documents. Different security levels can be set up to restrict or grant access. Very useful tool for sharing in multiple work locations.

Cons

If one person accidentally moves a root folder. It could take a lot of effort to retrieve and cause significant pause as people will not able to access during the retrieval process.

LINDA H.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Keeps all records in one place

All team members file all our contracts, all documents from our clients and even each team member has their own personal folder

Pros

This product keeps all our records from all team members in one place. It makes it easy to see if we already have contact with a client, file all contracts, and also we can securely share files with clients

Cons

I have no complaints, this is a very expandable product. It has served well in organizing all our client records

KH

Kyle H.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Egnyte Cloud File Sharing

Great tool for my team and I to upload and share files. Integrates well with our servers.

Pros

System is easy to navigate. I'm able to create new folders, assign permissions and distribute to my team seamlessly.

Cons

One or two features require a couple extra steps to get to that differ from standard Windows OS. Other than that it operates very well, even better most times, than other cloud-based file sharing.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Egnyte holds a ton of documents

Used it to store and share documents throughout a team

Pros

I like Egnyte because it's easy to access previous versions of documents and also easy to share documents within and outside our network

Cons

Some features are much easier to use on the browser version than the finder version of the software. It is also difficult to reorganize large numbers of files

AI

Andrej I.

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Easy for use - real time cloud

Sharing protocols, contacts, important files for the company.

Pros

Secure, fast and reliable cloud. You can use it for sharing a lot of files and keeping the most important ones so other can access.

Cons

Sometimes the cloud is creating a second copy of the files which leads to a missunderstanding.

AG

Anupriya G.

Public Relations and Communications, 1,001-5,000 employees

File sharing made easy

Pros

It is extremely easy to share large amount of data/files across users on cloud - Can be divided among groups - Notifications when changes/edits are made make it is easy to track for the admins - Safe and secure - Even on mobile version, file access is fast

Cons

-Compared to Dropbox, the user interface is less pretty but the features make up for that part -Tough to track of the content view - who has viewed versus who has not

KD

Kellen D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Egnyte Review

Pros

I like how easy it is to search files within Egnyte.

Cons

I dislike the format of the website version.

Tommy N.

Cloud based storage

Pros

Very easy to use with great tech support. This software gives you the ability to store all documentation in the cloud which can be accessed by employees from anywhere.

Cons

I would like the cost to be a little less, but other than that nothing really negative to say at this point.

AM

Alex M.

Great storage solution that's affordable for a company.

Pros

The way folder structure are created are great. Also, the ability to edit permissions like a typical windows permission set is great.

Cons

There's still a lot of features that's not available on the Salesforce component that's available on their web UI.

ck

clint k.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Egnyte is were we save our docs

I save everything in Egnyte and can access anytime from multiple devices. For the construction business its a must to have program so valuable & easy to use

Pros

Can access from mobile device in the field when I need land or blue print documents.

Cons

I have found nothing I do not like about this software

BK

Brian K.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Egnyte

Pros

Egnyte is an easy to use file sharing software. It is easy to navigate and set up files. Click to share with other users is a piece of cake.

Cons

I see no flaws in using the software. So far - so good