All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Egnyte Reviews

Pros

Favorite aspect is the ability to share files and be notified when and where they are opened from. It's also nice to have version history for files.

Lee S.

Read the full review
Egnyte does a great job for online secure document storage. With tight hierarchal permissions, it's a great option for remote companies who don't have local offices to secure sensitive documents.

Read the full review
So far, very satisfied with it. Great for remote/distributed teams, good value for the money vs the mainstays like Dropbox and Box.

Vincent Po B.

Read the full review

Cons

Really the only thing I dislike about Egnyte is that there are no data sovereignty capabilities as far as I can tell. You can't specify where data is stored geographically.

Read the full review
Sharing files in real-time is almost impossible. Also, it Egnyte does experience crashing issues when there's a poor internet connection.

Iyanu V.

Read the full review
If you are using it to upload files, there could be a lag of half an hour before recipient can view file.

Maria S.

4.5

Business Storage Hosting In A New Light

Egnyte is what happens when you combine Elon Musk's brain capacity with digital file hosting: Genius integration.

Pros

I really appreciate the way Egnyte naturally integrated into our existing business. It calculated the items we had to store and kept them in an impressive bow. The interface is very clean and distinguishable. The features all stand out in their own presence. But the one factor that really earned my loyalty to the software was the storage performance. Egnyte is the powerhouse of online file hosting. It has the durability to carry highly dense files and load them in a concise, quick manner.

Cons

Aside from not knowing of this software sooner, I do hope that Egnyte will create the opportunity for collaborative sharing through external mail hosts (email to be specific). Otherwise, I hold the software in high regards.

Secure Organization

Overall it was easy to implement and for end users to understand how to use it. My team did not need to undergo much training or assistance while working through implementation

Pros

I really like how Egnyte is able to sync up with a computer's own folder system making the ability to save and work with secure documents on your computer where ever you are and maintaining files solely within the frame of Egnyte. Also being able to customize our home space with our own logo and colors was a nice touch.

Cons

Some of the APIs come with an additional cost, which is sometimes less than satisfactory, and the APIs sometimes have limitations, but otherwise, it's been an entirely positive experience.

Egnyte is great - only if you get their other services

I was on the team helping a client work through their use of Egnyte. We are "re-implementing" the system for them. It almost felt like Egnyte had no clear picture of what the client's situation was - which was annoying as well. Overall, we've kept wondering why our client used Egnyte at all, since they had MS Teams. Besides some extra security, there isn't much difference in the features you can use between the two. But if you have some of their other add-ons, it is worth it.

Pros

Useful features, very fast syncing capabilities, as well as offline synching capabilities. There's also a lot of automated processes as well as MS Power Automate support

Cons

Power Automate support is extra (on Microsoft's end of it) and the many other features of basic Egnyte are available in MS Teams. So if you're already paying for Teams, there's no point to get Egnyte unless you also get Protect or GxP environment. They're also too new in the GxP space so it is a bit unclear.

My experience with egnyte

We use Egnyte to share, access, upload/download files within and outside the office. It serves well some days but I am personally not a big fan of it knowing there are other platforms that work more seamlessly.

Pros

I like the fact that its cloud based and has mobile sharing too, makes sharing files between office locations possible and easy.

Cons

Its not the best content sharing platform I've used.It doesn't really integrate well with google and can be confusing to use sometimes.

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you found our mobile solutions easy to use across multiple locations. Our integrations, including with Google's suite of products, are constantly being updated and improved. You can see the latest benefits, features, and enhancements of our G Suite integration here: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028093372-Egnyte-for-G-Suite Additionally, you can find additional training on our apps and integrations at Egnyte University: https://egnyte-university.egnyte.com/

Egnyte is Dropbox done right

Egnyte has been a professional and customer-focused company. They continue to improve the product across their product offerings, maintaining parity across the ever-changing landscape.

Pros

No desktop footprint! This is a big win when dealing with distributed workers with laptops. Everyone has full access to files they are allowed, and they take no space (until they are accessed). I also love the ability to fine-tune permissions at the sub-folder level.

Cons

Permissions are the hardest thing for some users to get the hang of. In Egnyte, they aren't difficult, but some users have difficulty managing the permissions on the website, since they only use the folders on their desktop (sync'd).

Sturdy for Mid Size companies

Pros

Better than Dropbox, more secure than Box.

Cons

The mobile app sometimes experienced glitches and sync issues. And the desktop app doesn’t have a good offline mode in case of lost connectivity.

The biggest offering for cloud storage on the market

It literally makes an all cloud central server possible.

Pros

Everything it does. Google Docs and O365 docs in the same ecossytem. Version control. SUPER granular access privilege control. Trash for up to 6 months. AND Protect as an optional add on that give AMAZING levels of data security. And on top of all that the support team is super helpful and fast to respond.

Cons

It has its buggy moments. The mobile offering is definitely weaker than the desktop. Deployment can be tricky because it has its quirks you have to train users on.

I love Egnyte! Top file storage, sharing and manipulation

Pros

The ability to install Egnyte drives to your machine has made file browsing, downloading and updating a seamless breeze that integrates right into your operating system. Egnyte allows a user to revert back to previous versions or restore deleted files which is a huge help when file error or human error occurs. Their online web tool is great for searching and takes away the limit of the operating system which slows the search down. Their online tool is also great for file management and version controlling.

Cons

The only downfall I have found is that Egnyte requires a relatively strong and fast internet connection to properly perform, and I have had occasions where this has let me down and cause file malfunctions between users.

Powerful and easy to use

Very useful, easy to use, lots of features (I haven't figured out how to use them all yet).

Pros

Egnyte keeps track of everything. All our contacts, deals and activities are all inn one place sp everyone knows what is going on with every client and deal

Cons

It can be slow loading sometimes (probably because we have so much data in there). I don't care for the email feature, so I linked my email to Egnyte. It works seamlessly

Great for remote businesses

Pros

I migrated to Egnyte from a local NAS file server. Now, I wish I did this earlier. Egnyte is great for us, literally it is our entire file server that follows us everwhere with an internet connection so it's extremely convenient (with the Desktop connect feature). I would have signed up a few year's ago but they didn't have the Team plan back then and now that they do, it's great for smaller businesses/teams. I don't have to worry about local/physical risks to our physical file server anymore, everything is in the cloud. Very happy with it so far.

Cons

Initially during my trial, I had lots of problems upload via FTP and after various messages to the support/sales, there was no response. But once I communicated via another channel, they were very responsive and dealt with the issue. Not sure if it was an issue with it being on a Trial account but once I upgraded to the paid plan, it was working fine.

Egnyte is best for backup and FTP with HIPAA compliant security

Secure backup of all our documents, easy to set up FTP sites, that have HIPAA compliant security.

Pros

Easy to set up and share FTP sites. Backup is usually seamless and they email if the computer hasn't been heard from in some number of days that you determine. Egnyte has HIPAA compliant security and lots of good security settings, like invitation links that expire and cannot be forwarded. They can actually provide a HIPAA certificate! The price is very reasonable for everything that's included, and the amount of control you have over your data and settings. There's even an app for android and iPhone. There are lots more features that we don't even use.

Cons

Sometimes the backup function locks up without reason. It can usually be resolved with a few clicks, but I've never figured out what happens to prompt the shutdown. The app is great for uploading photos and similar to the site, but I've never been able to use the app to invite a user - everything looks like it's working, but the "save" screen doen't pop up the way it does on the computer, and so it doesn't save the invitation and thus doesn't work. Overall, though we love this software.

We couldn't work without it

Previously we were using a physical server and when we started with Egnyte years ago "the Cloud" wasn't as big as it is now. From the start it was obvious that this was a superior way of having a server that we have never looked back.

Pros

Is everything an acceptable response? Easy to setup - easy to use Plugin for Outlook - can create download links to send entire folders Can setup either as something that syncs a specific file(s) to the Egnyte server or have direct access to the server (depending on the user one is better then the other). Mobile apps for both iOS and Andriod - everyone has access to all their files from anywhere they have data coverage or Wi-Fi Their tech support is top notch, always responds same day.

Cons

I have yet to find a con. I guess there are free options available (Google Drive and OneDrive) but the free options are very limited so you'll have to eventually buy a plan anyways.

Egnyte Does the Job, but That's it.

Pros

Egnyte is a cloud storage service with some basic admin controls and a desktop app that allows you to treat it as a network drive, as well a browser-based service. It functions perfectly fine in its role as a cloud service. Data is stored without any issue and the cost is reasonable.

Cons

The customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The best way to actually get assistance is to dial in and press the button for sales, you'll be assigned a lot more value. It's not the best customer retention strategy, but in my experience, the dedicated support folks are difficult to get ahold of and have to escalate your issue more often than not because they are third-party. The Salesforce API fails periodically leaving the office high and dry if I (IT Director) am not around. It's a quick fix, but the process isn't something that can be done without admin access and a decent base of knowledge.

Absolute must for fast growing companies

Pros

Egnyte and its various integrations is an absolute must for a shared file system in any startup. As a growing company, employees have their favorite tools - Engineers seem to prefere Google, Marketing and Sales and Administrative generally need MS Office, etc. Egnyte allows everything to be accessible from a single interface. "where is that slide deck? was it Google Drive or One Drive or just local to your computer?" is a major problem in a fast moving, growing company. Egnyte solves that as part of everyday business. User administration is simplified with straight forward AD integration and also key is inviting outside consultants to share documents is trivial as well. All huge workflow advantages.

Cons

The robust feature set can sometime confuse folks who's user behavior has been set by Google Drive or OneDrive (or even Box or DropBox).

Drive software for corporate business

I'm happy with Egnyte and I feel like my work can be stored here in a safe and reliable way. The speed of file transfers are pretty good and I like the flexibility and applications there's available.

Pros

Great software and portal for file and file-sharing. I have the option to use Egnyte in my browser, as a drive on my PC or as automatic desktop backup. All options can also work together. The structure of files can be made as you like and the sharing options are great. You can edit files in your browser or open and edit in your desktop client. The sharing options are great and you can customize what people should be able to see or do. Clients can get access to specific folders etc.

Cons

It takes some time to learn how to use it due to the many options. I think it is a learning curve that's worth using time on. Egnyte cannot handle large files which is annoying as a designer. Inherited permissions can become a bit of a mess and there's not really any easy way to make it better. Reporting could also be improved.

Engyte is the perfect platform to store your work in the cloud

Pros

This software ends with the big file sharing issues by storing all your work files in the cloud. This comes with the benefit of keeping your computer clean and light. Also, sharing files among coworkers is made easy by using short links. You can specify the type of permissions you want for a given folder so that you can make it available only to a particular group of people, for example. This is useful when sensitive content is being shared. Another great functionality, if you work with vendors, is you can provide them with a link that will just allow them to drop files while they won't be able to see or modify its contents.

Cons

- While having everything in the cloud is great you need to account for time spent downloading and uploading content, which can be a lot depending on your Internet connection.

Egnyte is helpful

I've been using egnyte for some time now and I find it to be secure to contain all of my clients information easy-to-access anytime I need to look up there paperwork and well worth the price for all that I gained from using the software I recommended egnyte for other law practices

Pros

Egnyte is a great software to store files it is very user-friendly I have a lot of clients within my law practices and anytime I need to find a police report disclosure or any other information that I need everything is easily stored and Egnyte I have found it to be the best site for file story

Cons

Sometimes it appears that there are duplicate files created and causes a little confusion when I'm searching for just one document within the search bar this has been a little frustrating but it doesn't happen often and it hasn't changed the fact that I really enjoy using egnyte software

Cloud solution with top notch sharing options

I'm very happy with Egnyte. Once I got the touch on how to use it I have found it easy. The desktop version works really well and sync my files automatically.

Pros

Egnyte is a super cloud solution that have a nice folder structure with a really manageable permission scheme. It's easy to share files - internally and externally. I really appreciate the option for changing url when sharing files. I can also backtrack all my shared links and I can see who have accessed it when. The applications also do the job.

Cons

The application have required manually installed updates. I think they might have solved this now. The reports option should maybe have some more options and flexibility.

Nice platform with good management tools

The ability to share information with the team as well as outsiders is the biggest reason we use Egnyte. There is plenty of storage on the lower-end plans.

Pros

I use the previous version functionality once in awhile, but when I need it, it's invaluable! Also, I like the notifications on folder changes to keep me up to date without checking in.

Cons

I don't have a ton of cons to add, but I will say not all filetypes preview, but most do. The only thing we've had issues with is the desktop sync, but it wasn't anything major and was quickly addressed by the support team.

Egnyte

Pros

The ease of use, accesability to files from any network, super easy to transfer files to anyone via a link so that emails don't get bogged down. I'd say my favorite feature is the outlook add-in that lets me upload and share my large media files.

Cons

At first, I didn't like the desktop sync because it confused a lot of users in my office and created double storage caches of files. However, they switched to egnyte connect and I believe these problems were solved.

Easy to use, great price, excellent customer service

Pros

Offers easy to use cloud computing storage. Makes collaborating on documents within our team a breeze and gives us piece of mind being able to save everything on the cloud so no work will be lost in case of computer failure. Customer service is outstanding!

Cons

Used to offer an easy automatic backup for your personal computer drives, which is no longer offered. Wish they'd bring that back. If you want to view photo thumbnails without opening each photo, it can take a little while to load.

Still missing key features but overall pretty good

Pros

Customer support answers in a timely manner, features keep getting added, feature request that you asked for will get added in the future sometimes, syncing local NAS drives to the cloud, versioning of files and restoring of files.

Cons

Sometimes features that you request will get ignored, navigating through the website is slow, common sense features like deleting multiple links are left out. The trash bin is very slow response, deleting shared links is very tedious, user run reports are out dated.

Egnyte Database

Happy with the service they provide. The software is simple and efficient.

Pros

Really happy using this product. It is our company's primary data repository and offers us an efficient way to manage our data. As a user, setup was incredibly easy with just a link to follow and within a minute I had a z-drive set up and and it was just like accessing a normal folder on my hard drive. Happy to be using it. It is simple and efficient, yet powerful.

Cons

Didnt work so well over the web as there appears to be default privilege restrictions in editing/changing folders but once a z drive is set up it was fine

Awesome once you learn it!

I use Egnyte on a day to day basis, and it is a great package for cloud storage of all files, and for collaboration between teams. The reports are awesome, you can pull up exact details about your users and what files they have accessed and when. However, you need an Admin that knows the ins and outs in order to take full advantage of all the great features. Overall it is a great software with a very helpful customer service, also their training videos are awesome and very helpful.

Pros

Put together well, lots of options

Cons

The learning curve is steep

Easy and Efficient

Overall the experience has been great. Has improved workplace efficiency and collaboration tremendously.

Pros

Remote access to work server files make working on the go a breeze. I can access anything from anywhere so that I can have all the information I need even when on client meetings.

Cons

It can get a little getting used to at first. You no longer will store files on your desktop or folders but rather within a folder in Egnyte.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.