Help Scout Reviews

4.71/5 (139 reviews)

John Flannery

Help Scout transformed our intra-office communication moments from chaos in motion to ballet.

Reviewed 2017-09-10

to keep it simple..streamlined staff communications on everything from emails to phone call messages to intra-office project coordination and much more. Did I mention not having to get emails about emails that were about a forward of an email that was a forwarded email snippet...yepI no longer get an email about an email that is about a forward of an email which was originally about an email that was about an email that was forwarded regarding an email that was sent. Exactly..we have all had the pleasure of deciphering the shortened email snippet, forwards and the references to email threads that are broken but with Help Scout I now see it all..and see when..and where ..and who..Yep.. order to the choas of my many "conversations". And ohhhhh sooo much data hygine..i agree a terrible phrase but such a critical thing for any serious business. This includes a robust beyond belief search and filter feature. For those who appreciate effecient shortcuts and cross refereneced data points...yep tags..and filtering by tags as well. The bane of my existence is also the best feature which is the timeline transparancy that Help Scout brings. We all know who touched what when so we can not step on toes and if we try they put in the "traffic cop" feature to prevent unprofessional duplicate customer touches. Additionally, you can use Help Scout to assign voicemails to staff individual to deal with if your voicemail service offers emailed transcription forwards. Our staff also create conversation for intra office communications all the time to document timelines and details for reference later if needed. HS has helped us track everything from maintenance service logs to customer complaints and staff schedules.

Greg Habstritt

Completely changed our business - for the better

Reviewed 2016-11-17

Most companies using Help Desk software are in software development, tech or online commerce of some kind. We're in the boring, traditional business of veterinary medicine practice, and deal with hundreds of emails a day from clients and the rest of the outside world. We're the only vet company I know of that uses a help desk, and we use Help Scout - and absolutely LOVE it. We did use Zendesk previously, but found that it's way too complicated and not very personal. Pet owners don't want to be given a ticket # and feel like they're speaking to a robot. Help Scout solved that immediately when we switched. We have a lot of complex conversations via email that require multiple people being involved, communicating internal messages to each other about certain threads, etc. etc. Help Scout is absolutely fantastic, because it's very elegant in it's simplicity - but tremendously powerful in it's capability. On top of that, we've found their support team to be kick ass, highly responsive and always eager to try and figure out a solution to any issue we bring them. We are very loyal Help Scout clients, and plan to be for a long time.- extremely simple to use and understand as a user - treats communications like human beings and provides a much more personal feel to communication (as opposed to making people feel like numbers) - fantastic support team that's very responsive and solution focused - solid API that allows you to bring in data from other apps so that you have a consolidated view of a client, beyond just their email history

Ian Schumann

An excellent, lightweight, streamlined, modern helpdesk solution

Reviewed 2015-02-04
Review Source: Software Advice

First, Help Scout gets major brownie points for "eating their own dog food" -- they are all about the Customer Experience, and they live up to this philosophy by delivering not only a very easy to use and modern product, but answering support inquiries right away (and thoroughly), and publishing an extremely helpful and insightful industry blog. So when you buy into Help Scout, you're not just getting a great software product, but also getting a great organization running behind it. Aside from that I love how Help Scout does itself in fact deliver a great customer experience to our customers. It gets out of the way. Customers are not aware that we use it, in fact they believe they are emailing directly with me. Transactions are fast and lightweight, there are not many bells and whistles to complicate the process and slow down the support workflow. Help Scout made the hard decision to not allow custom fields on tickets, and while this at first seemed limiting, it has in fact allowed us to handle the ticket queue much more quickly, due to much lower overhead. For delivering quick and helpful email support, I can't imagine a much better way to bullseye the task than using Help Scout. We've been very satisfied with it.

Jeff Beaumont

Terrific product. Great UI. Does lack on the integrations

Reviewed 2017-02-05

We've used Help Scout for several years. It's been a great product, really served us well. One of their best features is actually their marketing and weekly (twice a week now?) blog posts on Support, Marketing, and other related fields.Super easy UI. I don't have to train newbies on using Help Scout for more than 10-15 minutes. It's that simple to use. VERY customer focused. It's not about a bunch of bells and whistles that are flashy fish hooks only intended to get bought by fishermen but not actually catch fish. Their product signs for the customer and the Support rep in it 8+ hours a day.

Anonymous

Very nice online customer support service

Reviewed 2019-01-27

I started my career as a support engineer, I used several ticket systems (simple support, kayako, zendesk, some others) and quite familiar with them. When I started to use help scout, I was quite impressed with it. It's very simple, yet it gives the support engineer all the things you need (add comments, canned replies, re-assigning, automatic actions, etc). Also it's very affordable and easy to start using. In fact, when one of my friends asked me for a simple support system, I did recommend him Help Scout. It definitely is better to pay them a small buck, rather than spending your time and effort on purchasing some big system, installing it on your own servers and customising it. There are some minor things that I'd be happy if help scout improve upon, but otherwise I'm very happy with them. * You can setup online ticket support system for your clients very easy and cheaply * Your support engineers will have everything they need to support your clients effectively * No bloated unnecessary features, only those that you need

Jeff Beaumont

Organization and focus on delivering excellent customer service

Reviewed 2016-02-07
Review Source: Software Advice

They are super responsive. They are pretty rad and transparent: if something goes wrong on their end they are not afraid of admitting fault. Which leads me to trusting them because I can believe them. I know that tells you very little of the product, but as leadership that's something that I really need. Other environments—blameshifting—I cannot stand and can't trust, believe, or hope that they'll hold true to their promise. We're leaving another vendor for that reason. Their system is very responsive, quick, simple, and easy to learn. There aren't too many bells and whistles which simplifies my life when onboarding new teammates. Their docs are well written and engaging.

Anonymous

We use Help Scout to stay on top of our customer support

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Help Scout helped us get a handle on our support workflow and as we've added to our support team, it's made that process painless. We use the custom sidebar apps to great effect.Help Scout is a focused, straightforward support mailbox product, and we've been using it to great effect since we switched over (from a shared inbox for support) a couple of years ago. We were happy with the pricing, and we use the custom sidebar add-ons to great effect. We've written our own sidebar app that gives our support team access to a ton of useful customer information and error logging without ever leaving the mailbox. When we've dealt with Help Scout support, they've also been great. Help Scout does exactly what we want.

Anonymous

Couldn't run my business without it

Reviewed 2018-12-11

For any business, customer satisfaction is crucial. Help Scout is the tool to make it fun and easy.After having used Zendesk for a while, I was not happy with its and complexity. I wanted to have a support desk tool that made it look like it was regular mail to the customers. And HelpScout did exactly that. After having used the free version for more than 2 years, we are now on the Business plan. It was great that we could have used it without having to spend money on it, but it's soo good that it's definitely worth every penny. The Docs integration is perfect, as we use it in replies to customers, in the beacon for self-help and we now also embed the docs on our website through the API.

Maurice A Molina

Dead Simple to use Help Desk

Reviewed 2019-01-11

Our company uses HelpScout as its internal Help Desk for all of our associate's requests/needs such as equipment request, payroll inquiries, BYOD access, and so. We found HelpScout incredibly useful; it has increased our response time and productivity, and we are starting to build our internal Knowledge Base. Moreover, most importantly, the price is affordable and goes along well our needs. Initial setup is straightforward. We currently only use the ticketing/email feature in HelpScout, so setup and email configuration were complete in less than 10 minutes. The interface is clean, direct, and getting used to the layout is quick. We have synced our main Mailbox queue to a private channel in Slack, so each time there's a new ticket is sent there, which is beneficial to keep track of incoming tickets. Working with HelpScout is simple and straightforward. Currently, we only use the ticketing feature, and it's been a gratifying experience. All the essentials like adding internal notes, tags, tagging other agents, and replying to customers are there. My favourite feature is the search function, which helps you find that four-week-old ticket you closed a while ago easily just by searching a few keywords that were included in it.

Jesse Bye

Help Scout - a help desk that doesn't suck

Reviewed 2016-02-17
Review Source: Software Advice

First of all, Help Scout does exactly what it needs to (facilitate organized, efficient conversations between customers and support people) without getting in the way. The UI is great (especially since 2015) and the workflows are easy to learn and relatively powerful. Keyboard shortcuts are killer. But most of all, I love that Help Scout doesn't feel "heavy" or "dated". It feels modern, fast, and clean. And the support people are just plain awesome. Oh, and did I mention their blog posts?

Lucas Karpiuk

Easy to use, flexible, and great support

Reviewed 2017-02-01

We've been using Help Scout for ticket management for about three years. Prior to Help Scout we had used several others, most notably Zendesk. We found that Help Scout was the easiest for our team to use, while still providing a good set of features for customization. The support team at Help Scout has been fantastic as well; they've been very receptive to feature suggestions, quick to resolve what few issues we've encountered, and every contact with them has been a great experience. That last part is important; I personally deal with the support teams of a dozen or so vendors on a regular basis and sometimes the lack of attention to detail and reading comprehension in level 1 support is astounding. Very refreshing!Easy to use.

Carl Nasal

Best Customer Support Software with the Best Customer Support

Reviewed 2016-12-07

Having tried or reviewed every customer support solution we could find, we have found Help Scout to be the best solution because of it being as simple to use as regular email, yet powerful enough to handle all of our company's communication. Help Scout is the key tool we use in our web development and hosting business, handling all of our client communication and allowing us to easily discuss requests internally, pass around messages, and provide quicker response times to our clients while making our lives easier. Additionally, the customer support Help Scout provides is the best we've ever seen. They are super friendly, very quick to respond, and understand requests the first time. They are the model for customer support, and they even blog regularly about how to provide great customer support with very useful tips.

Anonymous

Like all the other Help Desks, but faster, more focused, and cleaner

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Easy Help Desk software, fully functional with even more bells and whistles, amazing design, and affordable to boot!Having used Zendesk for years, I was looking for a alternative option without breaking the bank. Help Scout has all the features i needed for my team, and more. Help Scout looks/feels great. Everything is right where it needs to be. I can quickly show a new employee how to use it in minutes. Zendesk looks like a dinosaur in comparison, and had to train them for a few days before my employees got comfortable.

Moses Zelaya

Best ticketing tool out there!

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Speedy communication with clients, great reports to categorize the requests that come in, very to near flawless functionality, and rarely an issue with Help Scout.Easy to manage accounts, great for keeping records of a clients request, real-time request, great reports, easy to use and adapt. Honestly, I would recommend Help Scout, is a great ticking tool that has helped me reach-out to clients and keep communication rolling with them efficiently.

Carrie Serres

I currently use Help Scout with a client and it is a great tool for staying connected and helping each other respond more quickly to her clients. Really neat software.

Reviewed 2018-06-05
Review Source: Software Advice

1. The number 1 thing I love is that emails are "closed" once they are responded to. When I'm in my own email, I have a tendency to never delete messages. Then I think I need to sort into folders and so on, but that's a waste of time and messy. Help Scout automatically closes them when you've responded to it. But you can still search for it and find it. It's perfect! I get Zero in-box with Help Scout! 2. I also like that you can tag people (reassign) so my client can assign emails to me that she wants me to handle. 3. You can tag the emails, so once a week, she can go in and find a certain type of message to work on those all together. 4. You can write a common response and then save it to be reused. 5. You can write notes within message and tag the team member who you want to see the note, but the original sender of the message doesn't see the note.

Ashlee Branch

The best help desk experience I've ever had

Reviewed 2018-01-28

The customer support is phenomenal! The Help Scout team is personal, friendly, and fun- a pleasure to interact with any time I get the chance. But because the software is so seamless on its own, a rarely have to reach out for support. I most appreciate the reporting features that show conversation rates and customer happiness.

Tessa Aschner

Awesome Bonus--Help Scout's Email Newsletter!

Reviewed 2017-04-19

Help Scout is easy to use, has some great metrics, makes organization a breeze, and allows companies to standardize email responses. But in all honesty, my favorite thing about Help Scout is the weekly newsletter they send out via email. It may be more or less often than weekly, I'm not entirely sure; however, I just love it! I almost always read the entire thing. It focuses on one topic, it's always helpful, and it's often strangely timely so far as what's going on in my professional and/or personal life. I've found it really useful. Indeed, two Christmases ago, my list included multiple items I learned about one of Help Scout's newsletters!The email newsletter.

Daniel Hutchinson

Our company has been using Help Scout for a little over a year now.

Reviewed 2016-03-03

We are a small business that has been steadily growing over the past two years. We began searching for a unified help desk service about 18 months ago. We tried another service first but found the cost and initial setup too daunting. We began a trial of Help Scout shortly thereafter. During our trial the Help Scout staff was eager and willing to offer assistance but I never felt pressured into committing to anything until I knew it was the right service for our company. They even extended our trial by two weeks because I had been so busy with other things I hadn't had enough time to test it out. In the beginning we only used the service to handle our e-mail and fax business. The fact that Help Scout integrates with our phone/fax service as well as our live chat service is awesome! Over the course of the next year we began utilizing more and more of the services and features Help Scout offered. We have found that the company has always been quick to respond when we had a question or needed assistance and was very open to any ideas or features we would like to see. They have implemented new features that have been invaluable in our day to day operations. We found the pricing structure to be very fair and flexible to suit our needs. The initial setup was very intuitive and only took a few hours before all of our services were up and running. I never felt pressured into paying for any services we didn't need. Overall we have been very happy with their flexibility and willingness to offer assistance when needed. We've very excited to try out some of the new features just implemented in the Help Scout Plus service and appreciate the offer to test it out before we commit to upgrading. Very happy customer!

Melissa Barnum

Love Help Scout

Reviewed 2018-01-13

I love all of the features that Help Scout offers. We're a growing CS department and it's scaled with us quite nicely. Our Developers are able to customize is for us and it's quite easy to use.

Dave Zille

Keeps our customer support organized and on task

Reviewed 2018-06-11

A clean UI that has obviously been well thought through. They iterate and add features routinely and are very proactive in communicating with their customers. For example, I had discovered a bug, which they confirmed and rolled out a fix within 48 hours. There are small reminders and tips presented within the context of the app, which are very helpful (eg. helping the user in distinguishing between an internal comment and a customer reply - this is very useful). Overall, there is great value for the money, I would strongly recommend Help Scout as a help desk/customer facing communication tool.

Brad Ballantyne

Help Scout - The solution we were looking for!

Reviewed 2018-12-03

Help Scout is easy to use, appealing, and very effective. There is always a feature to accommodate our needs. Help Scout is so user friendly! In the past, we tried several ticketing systems but they didn't seem to fit in with our flow and organization. We heard about Help Scout, tried it, and simply fell in love! Help Scout is so easy to use and work together as a team.

Dustin Danelius

Help Scout is fantastic

Reviewed 2017-02-05

Been using Help Scout for years. The main reason I went with them over others was the still small business feel you can give your customers even with dozens of employees being involved in customer interaction. The tickets are silent to the customer, unlike many other products which a customer is nothing more than a ticket.- Easy interface - Lower learning curve - Continually improving - Good customer support - All cloud based

Lindsey Hayward

Powerful and Easy to Use!

Reviewed 2017-10-18

Ease of use, overview of mailboxes and emails, time-saving shortcutsLove seeing all message threads with the contact to the right when an email is open Like being able to star certain boxes so they show up first Love being able to have stored replies Like being able to keep notes that you can see at a glance upon opening an email

Matthew Sewell

Makes life SO much easier

Reviewed 2015-09-07

HelpScout has become an essential, can't-do-without part of my workday with how savvy and helpful it is in organizing contact with our customers and giving us a handy module for FAQs to boot. - Keeping un-answered emails bolded even after you've read it once, - "Traffic Cop" for keeping egg off your face in case you send an email before reading a follow-up email from the customer - Intuitive inbox and Doc-editing interfaces - Ability to tag email addresses and assign conversations to a particular team member - "Show original" option to see the email in its original formatting, in case HelpScout's interface isn't able to accommodate - Quick customer service response times, to fix problems in a pinch - about 20 other things :-)

Anonymous

Help Scout is the best customer service management software out there.

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Help Scout is the best way to manage client communications. It is efficient and intuitive, saving my team time and keep our communications organized. Help Scout allows my team to handle client requests collaboratively and efficiently. The UI makes it easy to view my pending cases, as well as my teammate's cases making it easy to take it over if someone is out of the office.

Anonymous

Useful tool for managing customer communication

Reviewed 2018-09-25

I liked the ability to create complex rule sets that auto-filter certain types of conversations to appropriate mailboxes. Without this, there would be a lot of noise experienced by our various internal users

Lynn Thames

Help desk software works seamlessly with email for customer convenience

Reviewed 2018-04-22
Review Source: Software Advice

It's very easy to keep up with support and help co-workers with tickets. It's easy to update the status and make sure nothing is falling through the cracks. The integrated docs is great for looking up error codes or messages.

Anonymous

Great way to organize customer interactions

Reviewed 2018-06-11

This was the first customer service software we used as a team and it is really solid for being able to connect with customers through multiple points of contacts.

Rob Claisse

Simple & cost effective for small team support

Reviewed 2015-08-31

We were struggling to ensure all our customer support emails were replied to in a timely manner and often we were missing replies or getting confused when multiple employees needed to handle the support. I tried a few different systems and they were either bolted on to Gmail, which got confusing or overly complicated for a small team. Finding Helpscout was a breath of fresh air. The web app was simple to setup and immediately it made sense with features that gave us the power to ensure we were giving our customers the best service possible.* Simple to use with powerful features available if you need them * Great documentation so little or no training needed for new staff * Customer service from helpscout is brilliant with quick and helpful responses * Two favourite features - 1) the ease with which you can move assign conversations back and forward between staff members 2) Save replies - saves so much time!

Fabio Molle

It makes customer service that much easier

Reviewed 2018-08-01

ease of use, improved customer support, great feedback from cusomtersease of use, works on mobile, customer support. Overall it helps me stay on top of all our customer requests.

Anonymous

Help Scout has helped us feel like experts in customer service because we can offer help quickly.

Reviewed 2018-03-08

Implementation in our business was very easy because the compatibility testing is all done in the background. As a help desk software, Help Scout is at the top of the list when it comes to implemention & integration.

Mark Smith

We Use Help Scout for managing our IT calls

Reviewed 2019-02-25

-Ease of use. -It helps keep all of our service calls in one place

Sue Quenville

Reviewed 2017-07-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall great. Would recommend to others.Great reporting options Easy to use Awesome customer support team Great search options Easy to set up

Rocky Kev

Help Scout does one thing really really great

Reviewed 2017-10-03

Ease.It was incredibly easy to set up. We migrated out of Zendesk to use Help Scout, and my team's eyes lit up from how intuitive it is to use. I even had non-coders building workflows to make email management easier. The best is when I asked their support about integrations and other fancy- and they told me that it's not in their vision. They want to build the best email support desk, period. And it's really really good!

Chelsea Merdich

Help me Help Scout!

Reviewed 2018-02-26

All of them, to be quite honest!As a small startup I have been doing support from my email inbox for a long time. Help Scout has saved me from this! I can now search through support requests and understand the metrics/ trends behind them.

Brad Mahany

Does everything we need regarding tracking of Customer Service communication

Reviewed 2015-12-10

I am sure we use Help Scout in a different way than most. We are not a 'call center' or even 'customer service center' in the true sense. We are the Technical Support department of a Medical Device company and use Help Scout to track not only emails to/from our International Distributors service organizations, but also voice mails from our U.S. customers. As voice mails are left, no it is not acceptable but unfortunately necessary evil at times, an email is also generated and put into the specific mailbox. Not only does this allow us maximum visibility, I can run reports monthly showing number of voice mails left and especially how soon they were answered. Metrics I use monthly and share with senior staff. The only thing that would really be beneficial to me would be the ability to export reports into Excel, or even as CSV. The reports are already very easy to use and gives all the information required. It is just sometimes I would appreciate the ability to modify and drill down even further, even create a pivot table, using the data available. Help Scout is always quick with a response and assistance. Any time we have had issues, or even questions or feature requests we receive the answer. In conclusion, Help Scout has helped us help our customers in a better and more efficient way. That is all I can ask. Well, and the reports exported to Excel !! :)

Nina Watkins

Help Scout Helps

Reviewed 2019-01-02

Each of our departments have their own helpscout. This is where we can all work from, pull from, and even look back on past items just by searching for that home. I like how it is like an email box that everyone in that department has access to.

Larissa Aguirre

Everyday use for support of prospective users on an educational website.

Reviewed 2018-01-11

An easy, quick way to provide support for all prospective students who come to us wanting information on our product. Its User Interface, it is extremely simple and friendly. It's also fun, the little messages whenever you have a clean folder is always a great pick me up throughout the day.

Nina Vitalino

Help Scout saves time and money!

Reviewed 2015-02-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Help Scout makes lost messages a thing of the past. We frequently forgot to mark messages unread when they were not dealt with and lost track of customer issues because of it. We love the assigned messages option and being able to maintain multiple users at one email address.

Jedd Chang

A Customer Service Team's Best Friend

Reviewed 2015-12-19

PROS: - Simple and effective customer service tool for multiple users managing one email address/inbox - The "notes" system allows for team members to provide feedback and support to another team member responding to a client's needs without the client seeing this conversation. - Great open integration with other project management tools and applications - Simple, clean design. No distracting interface. CONS: - No real-time chat feature with other team members (notes works well but it would be great to chat with another team member, and capture this conversation without using a separate messaging client like SLACK). - Not a CRM. You can connect to a CRM but the information that can be captured, shown, and note taking ability about each client is very, very limited. - No dedicated mobile app support for smartphones or tablets. Help Scout is a simple and effective tool for a team to manage one email address/inbox. With the ability to collaborate and have conversations with other team members about emails without the client knowing is it's best feature. Not to mention but their team and service is outstanding (as you would expect) and they are constantly looking for ways to improve. Whether you are a small organization or large business, if you providing customer service or assistance and have multiple team members, you should be using Help Scout.

Margaret Sulapas

Simple and Easy To Use!

Reviewed 2018-04-20

I love the assign options and leaving notes to your teammate. It is pretty easy to use and this is our first helpdesk software on our team. Definitely not thinking of switching to others so far.

Mark Lindquist

Effective basic help desk software

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-07-23

We don't have a complicated support team/process, and Helpscout has done the job for us. I love the templates feature (though I'm sure that's standard amongst competitors). I am not wow'd by it, but I appreciate software that does what it says it will do, and Helpscout does that. I would strongly recommend it to anyone with relatively basic support requirements, only because I haven't seen in action with teams of more than 3, or for teams that require deeper analytics.

Delivers

Reviewed 2018-11-15

- Communication feels natural, with no need for "tickets" - Very simple to use, regarding both Mailbox and Docs

Anonymous

Great For Keeping Track Of Emails!

Reviewed 2018-11-28

I love that multiple people have access to the same group and can work on the load of emails. It is a great way to team up and tackle those large inboxes.

Courtney Van Fossan

Made it easy to manage email

Reviewed 2017-09-22

Better communication. This improved communication with our group and made having two locations much easier. Documentation is also clear.

Doreen Wade

Smart and easy to use

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Help Scout makes it easier for me to do my job. It's simple, personal, and powerful. I really like the keyboard shortcuts, it's very convenient. The email client is very fast. I recommend Help Scout to everyone, it is easy to use and not expensive.

Volkan Ozyilmaz

Great Help Tool

Reviewed 2018-05-17

I really like their user interface. Their customer support is awesome. Also, if you don't want to communicate with your user with a real-time chat app, this help tool will help you to have a selling point too.

Lisa Dodd

Great Help Desk for Teams!

Reviewed 2015-02-10
Review Source: Software Advice

There are so many great features within Help Scout that choosing only one reason why I like it is hard! The new reporting features have to be my favorite. I manage the conversations that come in through HelpScout for my company, and being able to view the different reports is invaluable. Especially with the new Happiness Reports, we are able to meet our clients needs in a non-intrusive way.

Frieda Jarvis

Great communication

Reviewed 2018-12-22

Assigning co-workers and keeping everyone in the know has never been easier. Everything you need to know is in one location. There is no more who sent what from where.

Jeff Gipson

Great Customer Support Ticket System

Reviewed 2018-01-17

Helping customers with support tickets via email. And creating support ticket form and knowledge base pages.Help scout is easy to use. Tickets are easy to assign and manage. Setup is a breeze. And support is quick to reply. I also like all the integration options.

Amy Steer

Reviewed 2018-09-06

Ability to format the support page to our liking. They continue to work on missing features to improve user experience

Aimee Masone

Reviewed 2019-02-19

It has been such a breeze using help scout since I have been at my place of employment. You can search for emails for key words. I also like the read receipts when someone reads the email.

Kristina Mitchell

Awesome Product

Reviewed 2017-12-25
Review Source: Software Advice

After taking over mid-stage with a company that just launched their paid service with ALL kinds of customer service & payment issues, Help Scout was a saving grace and helped get a handle on each issue.

Adam Donovan

Best Ticket Manager I have Ever Used

Reviewed 2016-04-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Help Scout is fast and efficient. Everything works smoothly 95% of the time, and for the other 5% their support team is on it, making you aware of slow down + new features. I could not imagine running a support team of any type without Help Scout.

Simple helpdesk software

Reviewed 2018-06-22

Simple to set up, not bloated with loads of features, just enough to help managing incoming email to generic company accounts, assigning them to team members, or using automation to respond and filter.

Seth Fi

Very positive. Much better than my experience with email support through CRM.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Help Scout provides an intuitive interface for interacting with customers.It's a simple, slick layout without a lot of bloat. I've used Help Scout primarily for email support, but they also support public facing and private document databases.

Anonymous

Stellar support software that I'd highly recommend

Reviewed 2018-06-15

Better workflow, more satisfied customers due to quicker responses. Help Scout allows customer service teams to powerfully work through incoming emails, as well as log phone calls. Robust workflows can route, tag, and prioritize emails as they come in, based on any number of criteria. You can also see who is viewing or responding to cases in real time, to prevent duplicate responds or work. Also has stellar API connections to connect to other software or CRM systems.

Diana Kattan

It is a great place to get my work done!

Reviewed 2017-07-26

I get my work done in less time and it's totally more proactive than the previous tool we used! Besides the fact I can assign emails to my teammates or other inboxes of other departments - the tagging and automated triggers make my life so much easier!

Jake Farmer

Easy customer support mailbox management

Reviewed 2017-12-12

Very easy for a team of 3-4 to manage incoming support tickets. Reporting is equally easy and makes it manageable to track progress over time.

Nothing short of transformational

Reviewed 2018-04-10

We are mainly using Help Scout as a customer service tracking tool. It has allowed us to move out of gmail to better track conversations with clients and track how quickly we are responding to customer issues.

Kiersten Johnson

Help Scout is great for teamwork

Reviewed 2015-03-03
Review Source: Software Advice

We no longer lose track of unread messages! Assigned messages help clear the main inbox for others. The traffic cop feature and being able to see who is already in a message alleviates the issue of multiple responses to one customer. The HelpScout blogs have been insightful and extremely beneficial in the growth of our customer service practices.

Mark Anderson

We used it for our customer service and it turned out to be a great experience.

Reviewed 2018-02-27

It is a very user friendly and easy to use software. You can add all channels at one place and easily handle them.

Brett Lucas

Problem Solving to the Max

Reviewed 2019-03-20

Very useful and works well. Allows us to solve and technical issues people are having in a very timely manner. I love how easy it is to have questions or errors come in and then be able to pass them along to the proper person or department for review and execution.

Gabe Smith

Help Scout is great

Reviewed 2015-02-06
Review Source: Software Advice

It's pretty simple to use and it helps you stay on top of several inboxes at the same time. The design is excellent and the account creation and management is very easy to use. The customer service is excellent (as you might expect!) And the system is very reliable.

Laurel Grey

My business would be totally lost without Help Scout

Reviewed 2016-06-23

We use Help Scout within our small team to manage ALL customer interactions. It's amazing, and we love the mobile app for ease of communication within the team. This way nothing falls through the cracks and customers get a fast response time.- Super simple user interface - Built in canned responses make collaborating with the team really easy - Ability to add notes between team members - Merge feature between tickets to streamline operations

Help Scout For Ticketing

Reviewed 2019-01-30

As a person that learns how to use apps on my own, the first days with Help Scout were sort of catastrophic. Due to the automated change of tickets after leaving notes or replying on some of them, I ended up replying or closing the wrong ones, and in a delicate work, this was frustrating. I had to get help to reconfigure it. After that, it has been easy to use, and has a pretty interface that makes working with tickets very nice. Interface, easy to find the tickets that one is assigned or the new tickets.

Cody C.

Reviewed 2018-08-15

A simple and intuitive support mailbox for managing customer support without getting lost in a complicated system; it comes with a set of features for customisation and minimal training required. Some of the emails are automatically closed after they are replied to, you can tag people to assign emails to, you can add notes that only team members can see, and you're able to move messages from mailbox to mailbox within seconds.

Todd W

Solid software but nothing special

Reviewed 2018-10-16

Solves the problem of staying organised. With a bit more budget, it might be worth checking out other options.It is a convenient way to organise support tasks although there really aren't any special features with it. You can attach documents and create new notes but nothing much else.

Good for ticketing

Reviewed 2018-06-20

I like this product because you can easily tag and separate different emails. It also has analytics that helps you with KPIs.

Kathy DalPra

HelpScout is awesome

Reviewed 2015-10-19

Email management is no longer a source of frustration. HelpScout has been practically effortless to learn and use. Simple but powerful features like email status (active, closed etc.), team member assignment, internal-only comments for each message and saved replies (think saved scripts for commonly asked questions by email) have saved us a tremendous amount of time and kept us organized...resulting in better response times and service for clients. No more inbox madness! And, my personal favorite, a tool called "traffic cop" intuitively intercepts messages that you probably don't want to send. For instance, Traffic Cop has stopped messages for us when two team members are responding to a client at the same time (thank you for sparing us that embarrassment!) and messages that crossed paths with incoming ones from clients (thank you for not letting us foolishly ask questions that were already answered!). HelpScout is a great fit for companies with teams who want clean email organization without the complexity.

Scott Markovits

HelpScout - best support tool for email

Reviewed 2016-02-08
Review Source: Software Advice

From the apps I've tested, Helpscout has the best and simples UX. Easy to set up and use out of the box. It's just, well, simple.

Great for Support Queuework

Reviewed 2018-10-16

Recommended for support service teams! Awesome metrics, queue delegation, folder and workflow application and tagging.

Anisha Adella

HelpDesk tasks done right

Reviewed 2018-05-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Easy to create multiple mailboxes for each email address, which makes it easier to work across platforms and manage several clients from a single account. Love the expedite responses feature.

Ayca Miller

Monkey See, Monkey Do

Reviewed 2014-10-28

Help Scout has changed the way we handle Support request in an extremely positive way. I know that our emails to our clients are in good hands when going through Help Scout, and it's great that I can keep track of whether or not a client has read our responses and their reports and insight help us analyze what we do well, and what we can do better. There has been only one instance I can recall where Help Scout ran into a glitch, and they were immediately responsive and helpful with the situation. They were proactive in that they emailed their clients and informed us of not only what had happened, but of what to expect! Help Scout also writes extremely helpful blogs for any Client Service related business! I've learned a lot, and will continue to read these as their published. The subject line, "Monkey See, Monkey Do", is because it's clear that Help Scout follows their own advice when it comes to servicing clients and keeping them happy!

Tabar Gifford

Great Solution for our team

Reviewed 2014-10-08

We've been using HelpScout for about 3 months now and it's been a great tool for our team. This was the best way for us to manage our multi-brand company in one location. We've got two busy seasons where we are flooded with emails and have a team of 8-16 people working on the same "account." This has allowed us to much more efficiently manage our volume and not duplicate work. We LOVE the note tool, as we can link our systems together and make it easy to see what's going on with a particular conversation. The merge conversation option is also a huge help for us as our customers will often send us multiple emails over the course of a year. Reporting tools are very useful and easy to use. We are just setting up our internal knowledge base and so far we love it too. The customer service has been stellar as we've needed help, always a quick, professional and helpful reply. Overall we are very impressed with HelpScout.

Harrison Bond

HelpScout is literally the best support software ever!

Reviewed 2016-04-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Helpscout is so easy and intuitive to use. I love that there are saved replies so I can easily communicate, with consistent solid messaging, concerns over similar issues to my customer base.

Nancy Sayo

Help Scout is truly the greatest!

Reviewed 2015-09-01

I have now integrated Help Scout in three companies. One of those, we decided to move to another platform to integrate with other features and boy did we regret it! I'm excited to be working with them again as they have always been amazing at customer service, prompt, helpful and friendly. I've even been part of beta service testing in the past, which was really great! I can't say enough about how easy it is it use and how beneficial it is to my customer service career!!! A gem I take with me everywhere.

Tim Kelly

Exactly What We Needed + Integrations = Perfect

Reviewed 2018-06-19

ditto pro'sHelpscout is incredibly simple with exactly what you need. This customer support software solves more problems than a cold one on a Friday afternoon. Saved responses, tagging, automated workflows, docs (so useful I can't stress enough), reporting (we never use), great integrations and a customer support chatbot 2.0 (coming).

Cammy Ang

Move over Zendesk, I now love Help Scout!

Reviewed 2016-12-14

They make it simple to set up to run a small support team. Creating docs are as easy as creating a blog post too. Having one inbox for all the team to attend to is also helping us, and for sure others who are using this. And of course, the saved replies save us a lot of time. Move over Zendesk, I now love Help Scout!It works much more like an inbox. Logical ticketing system. Set up one inbox that could be managed by multiple people (Even their FREE plan has this!)

Simple but powerful

Reviewed 2018-04-12

- Multiple mailboxes are supported and easy to setup - Straightforward interface - Fast - Good stats - Easy to handle statuses and customize responses - Good mobile/tablet apps

Zach Bowers

Quality support, software continuing to make improvements

Reviewed 2015-02-18
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the ease of receiving support requests and delegating tasks. They also continue to make improvements to the software.

Jordan Smith

Fantastic Helpdesk Solution

Reviewed 2014-10-28

I am utterly enthused by HelpScout! It is fast, elegant, and even sometimes fun to use. Almost everything I need to serve my company's customers is included right there in the app. Plus it has a nice API that our webmaster has used to give me information from our online store about past customer orders.- Easy interface that allows me to quickly move through my open tickets. - Quick assignment to other workers. - Beautiful saved reply search feature makes it simple to answer frequently asked questions.

Jonathan Lansey

The absolute best, crucial for running my ecommerce business

Reviewed 2016-03-28

The helpscout interface makes it really easy to send personalized messages to customers extremely quickly and easily. It separates emails from customers into separate threads even if they are responding to the same email, so that it you never miss responding to a customer. Adding team members is seamless and allows you to quickly use the help of support staff (if you have any). Another crazy-awesome feature is the relevant information they loop in. The two I used on a daily basis are: The shopify interface so I know about a customer's previous orders with me, and the mailchimp interface so I know if they signed up, when they did, and can even add a customer to a mailing list in 2 clicks. I can't recommend Helpscout enough. --Jonathan

Kirsten Tonja

Help Scout is efficient, easy to use, and dare I even say...fun!?!

Reviewed 2017-12-05

I'm a huge fan of Help Scout. Everything works fluidly as it is supposed to, of course! Reassigning is a breeze, replying is a breeze, and definitely not getting those ridiculous forward of forwards mentioned by another reviewer is priceless. I have never had any glitches and I feel like Help Scout goes out of its way to NOT waste my time. Yay!

Josh Thompson

Perfect Helpdesk software - everything you need for quick, enjoyable workflow

Reviewed 2015-02-19
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the workflows that are easy to set up and customize on the fly, mixed with the customer pane that pulls up additional customer information. It's also very quick - zero friction from waiting for page elements to load.

Danielle Lavoie

Simple, easy, powerful support software

Reviewed 2015-02-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Help Scout is easy to set up and use, and you can be up and running within 10 minutes. Their staff is also very welcome to feature requests and are quick to respond if you have a problem or question with the app.

Scout your emails

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-20

Great for email management when using a shared email. Easy to use Great for small business

Paul Yoder

Simplest HelpDesk Solution I've Used

Reviewed 2014-10-28

I'm a founder of a bootstrapped SaaS app, and only have 10 hours a week to work on it outside my full time job. That means I need a help desk product that gets out of my way and let's me quickly answer my users' questions and keeps track of what questions have been answered and what questions still need followed up on. I tried 4 or 5 different help desk products, and HelpScout was the simplest and its workflow made the most sense to me. I absolutely love how all the support tickets can be taken care of through email, and I don't have to login to the HelpScout app if I don't want to. I've been using HelpScout for over a year now, and recommend it to anyone looking for a simple help desk product.

Sierra Tuttle

Awesome software with even better customer service

Reviewed 2016-03-22

Help Scout has made it easy for our team members to be up to speed with any new communication the group has made and makes our clients feel like they have a true team rallied behind them. The integration's have given our clients an easy way to tell us how we're doing, and the reports make it easy to make sure our team members are hitting their numbers and serving our customers well. What I'm most impressed with is the level of customer service. They are quick to respond, friendly, and will help out in any situation even if the root problem doesn't have anything to do with their software. Their level of customer service is one to be admired and modeled after.

Carmel Green

Perspective

Reviewed 2018-12-05

It is easy to use. Help scout gives me the tools I need to provide customer support. It makes it easier to communicate with customers. It also allows me to know when a customer has viewed the emails I send.

Anonymous

Value for Money! All the way.

Reviewed 2018-02-08

Great for a startup and priced accordingly.Easy to set up and by far the least expensive support software I have used. Great for small operators!

Paulo Silveira

Effective help desk system

Reviewed 2015-12-07

I cant say exactly how I first heard about Helpscout. After using its doc system for two months, I realised that the team was deploying new features to the product pretty often. For instance, take a look at the release notes for October: http://www.helpscout.net/blog/october-release-notes/ We have migrated from a cheaper provider to Helpscout. First 5 agents, then +2, then +8 and we have 12 more to go. I couldnt be happier. They also answer pretty fast. Another quite good advantage is the billing options: there is only one! They will not try to upsell you anything through essential features. You have all the features, it is the only way.

Mikaela Ehly

Fairly New to Help Scout

Reviewed 2015-02-18
Review Source: Software Advice

I find Help Scout very easy to use and to organize support tickets. It's easy to tag items and assign them between team members in order to get needed information or accomplish different tasks for the client.

Andrea Schumann

A great Customer Service tool

Reviewed 2015-02-20
Review Source: Software Advice

I love the user-friendly interface and the ability to create saved replies for quick and easy replies to commonly asked questions or common issues.

Ashley Durrer

Easy, Straightforward, and helpful

Reviewed 2016-01-04

Helpscout is a great tool that let's us organize all our support tickets for customers so we can get back to them right away. It's a great tool because I can assign tickets, create workflows, create saved replies to be more efficient, and add my own flair. I love the support documents Helpscout has, and it's always informative for my other work on their site. It's a great tool to be efficient, and a great resource to learn from as well. On top of that, their customer service is always wonderful no matter who I am working with. One way or another, we find a solution.

Dan Herman

Our go-to for managing support tickets

Reviewed 2018-05-17

HelpScout is extremely easy to set up, and makes managing our support queue much easier than it used to be.

Matthew Alexander

Helpscout

Reviewed 2017-07-11

Very easy to use, has unlimited users, simple, has mobile apps, and everyone's signature can be uniform.

I preferred Dropbox

Reviewed 2018-09-25

I thought the website design was clean and attractive.

Jenna Whitson

Decent Help Desk

Used other for free trial
Reviewed 2018-09-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Help Scout works pretty good when using it to track emails and customer relations. It allows tasks and certain messages to be assigned to different workers, etc. Also reduces customer communication issues. Personally, it's not my favorite help desk though.

Cathy Peters

Using Helpscout to send emails to our software potential long-term users

Reviewed 2019-01-10

I'm still in the learning curve stage I find it makes it easy to email about issues with their account or using the software.