Podium Reviews

Podium

Review management, reputation software, feedback & webchat

4.33/5 (104 reviews)

Pros
  • It's focused so much on user experience. Both internal users and those leaving reviews are welcomed with an experience that helps drive results.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • I was very happy with how easy podium was to set up and use. I have gained a lot of reviews that have helped get recognized online.Casey B.Read the full review
  • That in the last 2 months we have received more reviews than ever, and it is pretty amazing how many calls we get now because everyone looks up reviews before they call a business these days.Alisa B.Read the full review
Cons
  • They have no hardship clauses and a no excuse policy. You will get sued for the balance of the contract.linda g.Read the full review
  • Went through all kinds of hoops including a mandatory "screen share" by our account rep trying to keep us which made it worse. You CANNOT call or write in and cancel ever.jerry m.Read the full review
  • There is no 3-month window where you can opt out if it's not for you unless you demand one up front. The messaging features are completely redundant to what we already had on various platforms.John W.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jordan Barrick

Get it and rethink any department you think could use it

Reviewed 2019-09-20

We absolutely love the podium product. We receive great reviews, and are able to get in touch with clients that simply stop communicating any other way - especially our past due clients.

Pros
It makes collections, review solicitations, and even internal communications much easier than any alternative I've found.

Cons
Some members of the sales team are more intense than they need to be and follow up beyond the intrusive level.

Megan Malzone

Awesome!

Reviewed 2019-09-26

I enjoyed using Podium! It was very beneficial for our office needs

Pros
It was user friendly and targeted a different type of customer/patient. Texting is the new way of contacting or communicating with other people and responses were quicker and more accurate.

Cons
The program was easy to use but it was hard to pinpoint exact lists when need be

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Katie Rosenbaum

Good product, poor execution

Reviewed 2020-02-06

I liked the concept of the product, and it did gain us a good number of reviews. But it was not worth keeping long-term without product enhancements and better customer support.

Pros
I like the automated features in this software, though it was slightly oversold. But it does automatically contact customers via text after their service/purchase to ask them to leave us a review. We could choose which site(s) to direct them to.

Cons
Customer service was not as good as it could've been. High turnover of employees, lack of communication, and then the refusal to upgrade or help out with different tasks such as splitting up customer feeds so we could direct service customers to a different review platform than the one we had set up.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Anonymous

Excellent chat software with review integration

Reviewed 2019-12-10

Podium allows us to connect with shoppers as they are browsing the site to answer questions immediately and secure more deals.

Pros
The review integration with facebook and google is excellent. We are able to send review invitations via text and respond to them within the app. We can also assign them to the various salespeople who actually worked the deal so they can respond accordingly. We also have podium on our homepage to engage with browsing customers and answer any questions they may have.

Cons
It doesn't integrate with some of our third party advertising sources like other options do. Sometimes there are glitches with the software and messages do not send properly.

jerry morrison

Great until you want to cancel it!

Reviewed 2019-10-10

The experience was good but so far overshadowed by their lack of letting us cancel with proper notice that the entire experience is lost. Like an amazing meal with a crap server. All you remember was the final service and it is horrible.

Pros
Mostly worked well and had pretty good interface with website for chat as well

Cons
Tried to cancel this and was not allowed. Went through all kinds of hoops including a mandatory "screen share" by our account rep trying to keep us which made it worse. You CANNOT call or write in and cancel ever! They have their methods and basically won't let you out of a contract. We canceled ours finally after the screen share, the hard close from two different people to keep paying and then still got billed since they had our credit card. I would never recommend such a company. I have NEVER heard of someone NOT taking written notice well in advance to close a monthly contract. We did finally get it resolved to only pay an additional 9 days past when we asked for it to be closed, but its 9 days of our money. One of the poorest experiences i have had in 32 years of the retail business trying to cancel something. Mandatory screen share and hard sell to stay - Simply unbelievable

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Maggie Wise

Podium: The Best Out There

Reviewed 2019-12-06

Podium is a fantastic product and they’re doing it right. They make everything easy and make sure you understand all you can do with their software.

Pros
Podium is the best review software I’ve come across. They make it so easy to request, monitor and respond to reviews. We have it set up for review requests for texts and for Facebook reviews to come through. It helps keep reviews in one place and track. They also have the greatest customer service and are incredibly helpful.

Cons
Something I would like the least is the amount of time it has taken for us to set up a new branch. It’s been a week or two yet we’re having minor issues. It would be a major issue if our reps weren’t nice but they make it easy and we know they’re doing everything they can.

Rebecca Powers

my assessment for podium

Reviewed 2019-10-01

Pros
I love that I can communicate one on one with all of my customers and potential customers.

Cons
I dislike very much that the software does not recognize all cellphone devices. some of my customers click on the link provided but it wont let them access the link or sometimes I will send the podium link and the customer only recieves part of the message and not the link so I end up having to redirect customer to go to a different site to post a review and that defeats the purpose of using podium if customer has to be redirected. they get fruserated by that point and I lose a review.

Julie Coleman

Generate Positive Reviews & Sales

Reviewed 2019-09-25

After a bit of a learning curve by the team, the software is working well to generate reviews on Google and sales from the webchat feature.  Having all messages in one place is really handy. Also folks can text the store instead of call. Customers like getting texts when there car is ready as opposed to a call too. The Sales team is a bit relentless, but I appreciated it in the end to help get it rolling. The support chat has been helpful as well.

Pros
All messages from social media, Google and the webchat come into one inbox, and can be easily handled by the sales team and review requests can be automatically generated.

Cons
Integration for automated reviews had a hiccup for one of the locations that took some time to correct. Also, sometimes the request texts are duplicated.

Randy Culbertson

Podium review

Reviewed 2019-09-26

Pros
I like the texting feature makes it very easy to communicate with our customers

Cons
nothing really comes to mind, Everything is pretty smooth.

Limited Analytics

Reviewed 2018-10-20

Pros
It has great preset templates for you to go off of that are both aesthetic and simple. They have a high response rate on the text messages they send and ultimately do show results in higher reviews on social media.

Cons
The analytics side is very primitive. The sentiment analysis that they herald is nowhere near as definitive as they sold me on. I'm not sure their NLP algorithm is that good because as I went through many of our reviews, I did not see it aligned with the sentiment analysis they gave us.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Gjenes Belamide

Tracking Reviews Can Be Easy

Reviewed 2018-03-09

Being able to easily track and report the teams stats on sending/collecting reviews. Easy platform for our team and our customers.

Pros
What I like most about Podium is the ability to add each representative so that they can send out invites to the customers they speak to. I like this feature because as a Marketing Specialist, I'm not on the phone with customers - they are. They can easily plug in their phone number or email address and the customer will receive the invite! They simply click the link and leave us a review. It makes it easy for not just the team, but the customers as well. That is very important to us.

Cons
The inability to get access ALL analytical results on the dashboard. You get some of the info, but in order to look at everything, I have to generate different reports from the platform and look at it in a spreadsheet. This is probably the most annoying and inconvenient part of using this platform. It has the ability to filter and look at stats for some things and other things, its not there.

Baylee McKinney

Fantastic for Growing Online Reputation

Reviewed 2018-12-17

This has helped us immensely with capturing reviews as customers are leaving the store with their experience fresh in their minds!

Pros
In addition to being extremely easy to use and straightforward from a backend and frontend standpoint, this software is such an easy way to grow and manage our online reputation. I love that all I have to do (once my campaign is set up) is enter a phone number and hit "send"! It's way easier than asking our customers to leave reviews, and most of them actually do it.

Cons
There wasn't much that I didn't like about the software. The only thing worth mentioning is there are a few creative limitations when setting up your campaign. However, nothing that a few tweaks couldn't fix!

Anonymous

A user-to-customer messaging platform for reviews that's hooked in with Google

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-04-01

None

Pros
Direct Google integration is definitely the biggest pro here. They also are focused on having staff message customers directly for reviews one-on-one. It won't work for everyone, just depends on the business model.

Cons
Very limited functionality and visibility into your account. Right now, it's basically just a review solicitation platform via messaging and email. It's efficient at getting star ratings and reviews, but that's about it. If you're looking for surveys, look elsewhere. Also, when I was a customer, they didn't even have NPS Score. That's pretty basic. Reporting is very limited and it's hard to get an overview of your total account, only individual locations. Customization is little to none for both the dashboard and the actual campaigns. Oh, and it's crazy expensive. You're basically paying for the direct Google integration. Which is super nice and important, but still. I also had a very negative experience that was unique to me. I had very specific contract conditions that were not met and it was a very difficult and painful process to get rectified. I felt very misled by the company and lost any trust I had in them. It was very disappointing.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Lisa McDermott

Podium is a fool-proof way to monitor online reviews

Reviewed 2018-03-08

We've used Podium to quickly raise our client's Google review rating in just a short period- in less than 3 months, we've increased 1.2 stars and because responding to reviews is so easy, we've developed deeper relationships with reviewers with our responses.

Pros
Probably the best thing about Podium are the SMS text feature that sends an easy to use FB or Google review link directly to a potential reviewer. The link eliminates any guesswork of confusion about how to leave a review which, for the clients we're using it for, would definitely hinder their customers from providing review. Additionally, the email notifications that inform any time a review is left is hugely beneficial because reviews never fall of your radar and because it's so so easy to respond directly to reviews within the Podium platform, it's simple and quick to just pop into the review and respond to it as soon as you're notified! Another thing I love is that Podium is constantly adding features and functionality, like the ability to now respond directly to FB reviews from the platform in addition to Google reviews.

Cons
It can be a little glitchy- for instance, for the past two weeks the Reply button within each Google review wasn't working so I had to reply to reviews directly from google.com/business. I will say however that the live chat customer service option is awesome and both times I've used it, my problems were immediately resolved and the support team was super helpful

Jennifer Griffith

Gives options to customers for places to write a review

Reviewed 2018-06-05

Pros
We used Podium through another company that we signed up with. We were able to easily text with customers and as for a review through this system. Our company is strong with customer reviews so it was an easier way to ask for one and the customer could access whichever review site they felt most comfortable with right from their phone.

Cons
Some customers complain about leaving a Google review because they don't remember their Google login. This company helps with those customers because it gives them links to other review sites if they don't want to leave a Google review. Nothing in particular that I do not like about this product.

Rick Knoll

It works great!

Reviewed 2018-10-05
Review Source: Software Advice

I am at a new company and I suggest they use it too.

Pros
People don't always have a gmail account. It made them jump through hoops to do a review elsewhere. People became cautious and leave the site.

Cons
Nothing. I really did like using it. It was a great reminder to customers to do a review. It required almost immediate follow though.

Karla Dutt

Incredible customer interaction for fast authentic reviews from the social media sites that I choose

Reviewed 2017-09-13

Pros
Up to the minute reviews that I can respond to on one platform The Leader Board is terrific to help build a fun and competitive arena between our sales force Our sales people like the app and reading what their customers say about them Once set up to my liking it's fast and easy to follow and allows our entire store to work towards different goals for obtaining authentic reviews from happy customers. The Podium staff is amazing, on top of it, creative, helpful, knowledgeable, and always happy to help with enthusiasm. They always respond quickly to any questions. Our customers respond well and fast once they receive the invite I can immediately respond or resolve customer needs when they come through the messenger

Cons
That Yelp won't allow Podium to link up - which is actually Yelp's fault That the yelps take a couple days to show up on my reviews list That my responses to DealerRater reviews don't show up on Podium

Highly Recommend Podium

Reviewed 2019-05-17

Pros
Great service that has allowed us to get many reviews when we found it hard to get them. The service is straightforward and easy to use and customers seem to like it too. They are always updating their website and makes things easier to use. If you want more reviews then use Podium!!!

Cons
I have not found anything that I do not like about this product. The only thing that could be better would be if they could offer a link to yelp.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

Loving Podium for the reviews!

Reviewed 2018-11-01

We love Podium and find a ton of value in using it to drive positive reviews.

Pros
How it has helped us drive tons of positive reviews to our online profiles while also capturing negative feedback so we can act on it quickly and make things right. It integrates with Service Titan which is also wonderful.

Cons
Reporting is spread across their site in a confusing manner until you get used to it.

Joy Thollot

Stellar

Reviewed 2017-09-20

Pros
It does what it says it will do. Our reviews have more than tripled over the past year of working with Podium. The platform allows an easy conversation with our customers and an easy way for them to tell the world what they think about our service. Because it is easy for our customers to follow through with the review, a high number of the requests result in reviews.

Madison Webster

Love Podium !

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Pros
I love podium. I think it brings a lot of business to our company & easy for the customer to get ahold of us/ ask us questions without calling us or driving in first. I think it has many benefits as far as texting customers & getting reviews ect.

Cons
Notifications don’t always come through and it leaves the customer waiting awhile until we find it.

Jasmin Wade

Instant Messaging made easy

Reviewed 2018-09-24

Overall it has been great. The set-up was fairly fast and painless. The rep that explained to us what the program was did a great job.

Pros
We signed up for Podium and it made messaging our patients super fast and easy. Any patients that have information that needs to be updated they can simply text us the information or a picture. Once we hit send, the patient receives it on the phone.

Cons
At first the web log-in from a computer was limited to not sending images. Now you can send and receive images.

Stacey Biondo

Amazing

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Pros
Podium is a top-notch company and I am so glad our company uses them. Their staff is outstanding and responds quickly and eagerly any time we have questions.

Holly Lara

Helps you get Reviews

Reviewed 2019-12-05

Overall I would recommend this app for companies who are struggling to get some good reviews about your company. This certainly will help.

Pros
I like how you can send a text message to a customer on a different number to get them to write a review. Also that you can track which employees are asking for reviews from customers.

Cons
I didn’t really like the price. It is not an intense app for the price to be so high. Wish there were also more review platforms for customers to write their reviews.

Hayley Martindale

Overal Good

Reviewed 2019-10-08

So far since i have been using it daily i have been able to use it accordingly and communicate well with those customers that use it as well.

Pros
I like that we can contact clients without using our real phones. It is nice being able to shoot a quick text for those clients who are not always available to answer the phone. It has opened more opportunities for us to gain clientele.

Cons
I do not like that when people text in, we cannot see their phone number and i have to ask for it.