All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Podium

Review management, reputation software, feedback & webchat

visit website

Podium Reviews

Pros

It's focused so much on user experience. Both internal users and those leaving reviews are welcomed with an experience that helps drive results.

Read the full review
I was very happy with how easy podium was to set up and use. I have gained a lot of reviews that have helped get recognized online.

Casey B.

Read the full review
That in the last 2 months we have received more reviews than ever, and it is pretty amazing how many calls we get now because everyone looks up reviews before they call a business these days.

Alisa B.

Read the full review

Cons

The phone app is AWFUL and glitches constantly. Hard to see/find who you are talking to, errors out or stops working, doesn't give alerts or gives too many alerts.

Cassey H.

Read the full review
Went through all kinds of hoops including a mandatory "screen share" by our account rep trying to keep us which made it worse. You CANNOT call or write in and cancel ever.

jerry m.

Read the full review
There is no 3-month window where you can opt out if it's not for you unless you demand one up front. The messaging features are completely redundant to what we already had on various platforms.

John W.

Need Reviews?

Love it but don't always love paying for it!

Love it but don't always love paying for it!

Overall, it's really good. I'm a big fan of feeling valued as a customer, and I don't feel valued, I feel like a number. I rarely get check-ins from the company. On top of that, I think the ability to get reviews could be a little better. Our customers just don't really react when we ask them for the review. They are always willing, but then seem to have some difficulty completing the process.

Pros

The ease of use is great, I love taking the conversation from the website to texting, and it's great for that. It also makes it pretty easy to request reviews, and so that is great.

Cons

It feels really expensive to me. At this point I might be able to get similar functionality for significantly less money, but nonetheless, because we've made the investment in it and trained our team on it, I selfishly don't want to have to deplore another program and do another batch of training.

If you aren't using Podium, what are you waiting for?

The podium has been instrumental in the overall growth of our company. From google reviews to sales, to collections, Podium has been part of the experience every step of the way. Also as we were growing Podium was also growing and their innovations consistently kept the fire in us to push ourselves beyond our own limits and become the paperless, and digital company that we are today :)

Pros

What I like most about Podium is its ease of not only use but training anybody new. We are a growing company hiring annually now more and more and Podium is by far the easiest trained software that we use. It's not only self-efficient but training is clean, straight-forward, and it's beyond user-friendly.

Cons

There are at this stage in the game a lot of add on's that you can certainly do with Podium. It goes from a very low cost to mid-range cost quickly as you realize you really do need and want all the bells and whistles that Podium can offer. It's not so much that it is a negative, but it does become a challenge sometimes when having to pitch a wonderful new feature of Podium to your decision-makers when the words "and it cost ---- extra" comes into play.

"We wish we could do more to help, but this really is as far as we can go."

Podium will use that 1-yr agreement you sign against you no matter how many issues you have with their services. They will ignore you, say they've cancelled services with the same template email over and over again, and yet your credit card will still be charged each month. We hope that everyone takes pause when signing that 1-year contract with Podium. We wish we had taken pause before signing up.

Pros

When the software works, it really is a nice system. Our issue is that the software never worked. My employees had consistent issues with messages not showing up in the inbox or not receiving notifications when new messages came in. I myself did not receive a single notification for a new message for over a month, and it was still not fixed by the time we finally decided we had enough and switched to another system. I also had to reach out to them weekly to see if my issues have been figured out because they will never reach back out to you about the issues you're having.

Cons

Trying to cancel with Podium is the worst experience we've ever had with a company. My partner had to pretend to be a new client prospect to get Podium to help us because they will dodge and outright ignore correspondences about cancelling service. They've admitted their issues, told us they are letting us out of the 1-yr contract, yet they are still charging our credit card each month. We have finally had to take the issue up with our credit card company.

All In One Place!

I have really enjoyed using Podium and feel that it has been well worth the investment. We have looked at other forms of software that are similar but we continue to feel confident in Podium because of the variety of services that they offer. It has been awesome that our young tech savvy employees are comfortable with this software but that it is easy enough for our older employees to use as well. I am sure that we will continue to use podium for years to come!

Pros

I love that all of our messaging either from different social media sites or from our own website comes to one location! It is really nice that all of our employees have access to this site and because of that, we are able to reply very quickly to messages that come in. I also like that our reviews show up here and we are able to respond to them through the Podium platform rather than needing to go to Google, Facebook, Yelp etc. to find the reviews.

Cons

I wish that somehow we were able to consolidate the review notifications so that if we invite someone to review us on google and they write a review, we don't get two separate messages/notifications about it.

Essential to business amid COVID-19

We were looking at switching to another product simply due to the expense of Podium. After reaching out Podium had no trouble dropping our price about 33%- why not just give us a more competitive price from the get go?

Pros

I love how easy it is to answer quick questions that cut down on phone calls to the office. I also can't overstate how helpful the review request templates are for quick texting!

Cons

The mobile app is very flawed. Messages are missed or just not seen, even when I know what I'm looking for. Podium is absolutely a desktop experience from the management side.

Podium has been a game changer

Podium has been great both for communicating with customers and for generating more reviews. I would highly recommend!

Pros

I love the texting capabilities with podium. When a customer signs up for an appointment with my booking software (Acuity) they get a text from a real phone number that they can respond to. Other services send a text from a number that does not accept responses. This has by far been the best feature with podium for my business.

Cons

Getting the initial integration setup was a bit more complicated than I would expect, but once the integration was setup it has been smooth sailing.

Podium Rocks & The Product Works

They are amazing and I am looking forward to see where the product will go in the future.

Pros

It is easy to use, easy to train people, and it works to get customer reviews in the right place on the internet. Google reviews are king and the Podium works great with Google Reviews.

Cons

The customer support could be better and more knowledgeable. The company is growing fast and they have a lot of new people who do not know the product.

review

Pros

The review invite and it's simplicity have helped increase patient reviews. The inbox is easy to manage

Cons

If we enter a contacts phone number incorrectly, it can't be edited...only the name. That is annoying. The biggest issue and disappointment is we feel mislead as we were told when sold the software that it would integrate with our CMS system only to find out it doesn't and there has been no attempt to rectify this. In fact I was told to contact Symplast myself. I don't understand why I as the customer should be doing the leg work on this.

Easy To use in a busy world!

Pros

Ease of use. I am a busy person with MANY hats and this product is easy to use and helps me rather than adding another task to do

Cons

Integration into our CRM would be a big help

Chat and review tool in one

Good

Pros

Great way to increase google reviews and BDC likes the chat portion.

Cons

I do not have any complaints or input at this point

Very good at what it does

Overall I'm very pleased with Podium. Despite the few shortcomings it alowed us to acheive our goals in a relatively short time frame and within budget.

Pros

The ability to send Google review requests directly to customers via SMS was amazing. It was exactly what we needed to get our review score up to, and past, our target score within the space of only a few months. The interface is incredibly user friendly and managing teams is about as simple as it gets.

Cons

I found that a lot of the time it wouldn't correctly tag who within our team was resposible for receiving reviews. There's also no ability to customise reports. It owuld be great if there could also be more integrations with additional review platforms, as we were stuck with only being able to provide the option for Google reviews as we don't accept Facebook Reviews. This caused us to miss a few reviews as customers didn't have Google accounts.

Everything in one place

Have had a great experience. Set up and add-ons are easy. Easy to use.

Pros

One place, multiple platforms combine. Appointment Center Reps do not need to check multiple dashboards, log in to multiple sites. It is all very transparent who sent what, saw what, etc. There are sites that are cheaper but we like the simplicity of this one. We can text customers and employee, create templates for consistent messaging, request reviews, NPS, all in one place. We know there are additional products available such as payments on Podium that we choose not to use. There is more that can be done with it than we need.

Cons

It is not the cheapest platform for what we are doing but it is comfortable and does a great job. Would be interested to see group, mass messaging, and schedule messaging.

Excellent chat software with review integration

Podium allows us to connect with shoppers as they are browsing the site to answer questions immediately and secure more deals.

Pros

The review integration with facebook and google is excellent. We are able to send review invitations via text and respond to them within the app. We can also assign them to the various salespeople who actually worked the deal so they can respond accordingly. We also have podium on our homepage to engage with browsing customers and answer any questions they may have.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with some of our third party advertising sources like other options do. Sometimes there are glitches with the software and messages do not send properly.

Need some features

It isn't bad product. I would like the change above, as well as I will periodically stop getting notifications on my cell phone, so I miss messages as well. Same with the desktop option. Sometimes, replies will not pop up in the lower corner of screen. So I will constantly switch to see if anyone responds.

Pros

Ease of use. Very easy to slip in and send a message. I also like the integration with our CRM software

Cons

Cannot sent to multiple people. For example, there are times when I need to send a message to husband and wife. I can't do that via podium, so I am forced to go tot my cell phone, which is not ideal for my job title.

Great Program!

Pros

I appreciate how easy it is to navigate through the different pages and separate my message boards from my coworkers. The program is fast and efficient and I have not experienced any issues.

Cons

On a rare occasion, customers have reported that they were unable to open links sent through podium. It is my belief that this was likely user error on their end as I have not experienced this issue.

Connectivity at its finest...

Podium has really enhanced our online presence with customers. They're seemingly more willing to send a text-based message as opposed to calling. With the current COVID-climate, we've really seen an increase in messages forwarded via this service. It also allows our associates to more easily stay in touch with their clients, even if they're out-of-the-office.

Pros

Simply put, the ease of use. Podium allows us to communicate with our customers across various platforms, while being able to send pictures and forward hyperlinks. It's truly a versatile program that continues to serve us well.

Cons

There are the occasional glitches - infrequently, we won't receive email notifications of Podium inquiries. As we typically have the software up and running at all times, this sporadic issue can be minimized.

Get it and rethink any department you think could use it

We absolutely love the podium product. We receive great reviews, and are able to get in touch with clients that simply stop communicating any other way - especially our past due clients.

Pros

It makes collections, review solicitations, and even internal communications much easier than any alternative I've found.

Cons

Some members of the sales team are more intense than they need to be and follow up beyond the intrusive level.

Tracking Reviews Can Be Easy

Being able to easily track and report the teams stats on sending/collecting reviews. Easy platform for our team and our customers.

Pros

What I like most about Podium is the ability to add each representative so that they can send out invites to the customers they speak to. I like this feature because as a Marketing Specialist, I'm not on the phone with customers - they are. They can easily plug in their phone number or email address and the customer will receive the invite! They simply click the link and leave us a review. It makes it easy for not just the team, but the customers as well. That is very important to us.

Cons

The inability to get access ALL analytical results on the dashboard. You get some of the info, but in order to look at everything, I have to generate different reports from the platform and look at it in a spreadsheet. This is probably the most annoying and inconvenient part of using this platform. It has the ability to filter and look at stats for some things and other things, its not there.

So easy to use!

Without Podium it was difficult for us to get reviews and maintain a high rating. Since we starting using the platform we're up nearly a thousand reviews. The Facebook messaging integration has been great too since we don't need to give everyone access to our Facebook page.

Pros

The software is so easy to use that we have just about everyone in our dealership using it. A quick walkthrough was all our least tech savvy people needed to be able to use it. Since starting with Podium our overall Google rating has jumped up to 4.7 and we have nearly 1500 reviews.

Cons

Occasionally the tagging feature is a little wonky. For example one of our employees has the same first name as the company so he is tagged in every review that mentions the company by name.

Great Concept

Pros

I liked being able to speak directly with the customer via text message and be able to see real time responses.

Cons

This has been really useful in connecting with customers in a new way. The issues I have with it are loading of customer information when typing numbers. It takes a long time to look up and identify a contact. The other issue may be on our end but once a review has been sent we cannot send another even if it has been a year since if was sent. Very frustrating.

A more complete view of your customers' opinions about your services.

We use this software to manage all the interactions that we carry out with each of the clients that we have at our disposal, both the powerful ones, with more daily purchases of the products we make, and the most loyal ones that in the same way carry out and request operations , of the services we offer, mentioning that this system allows us to track the comments that are made, on multiple different platforms, giving immediate notifications, to respond to the reviews directly, in a very fast way, and to offer a warm and surprising service.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it allows to carry out all its functionalities from a single panel, which is one of the qualities that I like the most because we can carry out the work within this platform in an extremely easy, without adverse or disastrous complications, mentioning that it allows you to automatically track the reviews of the products you make, or the services offered by an organization, in order to respond very quickly, on the comments made by each of the registered users to the business platforms maintained by each of these establishments.

Cons

One of the most notable difficulties about this software is its price, mentioning that it is very broad and expensive when we address economic issues, this can be a significant problem, because most organizations, called small , they can't afford to pay these high monetary costs, not to mention that they should integrate better combined reports for the multiple customer locations they interact with frequently.

A product that works.

The staff is great and very responsive. Really like the interface and ease of use of the system.

Pros

There’s a lot of companies out there that have products for our digits age but I’ve found one in Podium that is useful. I do all reputation management for the Automotive group I work for and it’s incredibly easy to manager because of Podium. I can connect with all customers from all my stores without needing to have multiple logins and with the easy of a click of a button to switch between stores. Lots of other benefits but this is the one I love most. We want to be in direct contact with all our customers and this tool makes it easy.

Cons

I can’t really think of something I don’t like. The only thing I would think to improve it as a tool that would offer more to the customer is change from automated responses to Facebook messages to a team that handles incoming messages.

Been with Podium through many changes and additions

Overall positive because of the headway we have made on public reviews.

Pros

The cost is inexpensive and it really does help get reviews

Cons

As new additions and upgrades are coming, it feels like reviews has gone on the back burner. Like everything else is more important. In fact, when another dealer of ours signed up, the reviews shows up as an "add on" for invoicing when this used to be the focus. So, it has also gotten way more expensive over the years. Additions also seem to influence functionality of review aspect on dashboard and things "break" more often. Also, I think that support doesn't work weekends from when we had an issue and I had to call that I wash I got.

Awesome!

I enjoyed using Podium! It was very beneficial for our office needs

Pros

It was user friendly and targeted a different type of customer/patient. Texting is the new way of contacting or communicating with other people and responses were quicker and more accurate.

Cons

The program was easy to use but it was hard to pinpoint exact lists when need be

Great platform for easing customer communications

Great experience with the set up, customer service, and the results we have seen from acquiring more customer reviews.

Pros

This program allows our customers to contact us via text and vice versa, which is increasing the preferred method of communication for our clientele. It allows us to store communications, assign conversations to employees, and ask homeowners for reviews on social media. The review request feature seamlessly links to our preferred review methods, so there is little effort needed on behalf of the homeowners. We have increased the number of reviews on our Google page by 100% since using Podium.

Cons

There is not currently the ability to create private conversations between staff and outside parties, it would be nice to have ways to separate conversations by department, with options to reassign by an administrator.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.