Klipfolio Logo

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

tableau-software
zoho-analytics

Klipfolio support team is fantastic: very responsive and actually helps me dig into the formulas and components and improve my confidence and competence in the tool.
The help chat box is amazing and always just a click away. People they have working there have been super helpful and friendly, and really walk you through any coding help you need.
Intuitive UI, Amazing and responsive support staff, Concise help documentation, Innovative and customer focused team, Frequent how-to webinars.
They doubled their price and I was not informed by email, then my card was charged and they refused to refund when I cancelled my account - not even a part refund.
It's very difficult to format outside of the pre-defined reports. If you are not a Klipfolio expert or technically savvy, you are limited in Klipfolio.
Some of the features and functions can be hard to find/set up. Support/help documents can be somewhat difficult to navigate.

Emily L.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Data visualization at its best

My team's clients enjoy seeing stats from multiple platforms all in one place rather than having to seek out information from each individual source. With all of the customizations available, our clients have tailor-made dashboards that are unique to their business and goals. We will likely be upgrading our account soon to have access to more dashboards. Thankful for the product and support that Klipfolio provides!

Pros

I love the clear, customizable visualizations that can be created from a variety of data sources. I enjoy being able to create custom data sources and klips in addition to the pre-built options to build dashboards that provide our clients with exactly the information they need.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve. The syntax for formulas and names of functions varies a little from Excel or Google Sheets, so it takes a while to get used to the differences. However, the customer service team has been wonderful at answering questions via chat and helping me achieve my desired results (and learn how to do things faster & better the next time).

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Unlimited Reach to get all data authomaticaly in an easy way

Thanks to Klipfolio, we can have around 35 customers with their own authomatical dashboard to know in real time hows hes data of all the effort done during the campaings we made. This is saving a lot of time to us instead of generating manual reports.

Pros

The easiest way to connect with multiple apps by theirs API to get all data in standard formats like json and spreadsheet tables. All are well documented and the support is always there to help or improve your formulas. This tool let us raise quicker than we expected helping a lot with the partners program and certification for mutual synergy.

Cons

Seems that their publicy reach me too late because i were looking for a tool like this since around 6 years ago and founded 2 years ago.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Good looking dashboards if you can figure out how to make them

Pros

Once a dashboard is made, it looks great. The UI is really pleasing, and there is a wide range of visualizations to choose from making it easy to convey data in just the right way.

Cons

Getting data into the system can be a pain, and manipulating the data is a challenge. It often makes more sense to pre-process the data somewhere else which adds another step in the complexity.

Hey there, thanks for submitting a review. I'm happy you like your Klipfolio dashboards but disappointed you're finding some of the data manipulation tasks challenging. We're continuously improving and there's new functionality coming out this month which is a big leap forward and really helps to prepare your data for use in Klipfolio. I hope you'll check it out and please reach out to our Support team if you have any questions at all. We're always here to help!

11-50 employees

with Klipfolio software i saved more than 300 hours and increase customers by x3. All are good.

I'm saving costs and increasing customers having great results in real time, good desing, escalable for new needs. High quality software at low cost. Is easy to learn because of the documentation, webinars and support but you have to take your time to dominate it. The reach potential is awesome

Pros

The reach and freedom that Klipfolio gives to implement what ever you need & want. They also have a partner program and certifications. The support services is very good and documentation are well explain. Easy Multi-API Conexion.

Cons

That i found it to late, their ads reach me 4 years after i need it and have to reestructurate my team. I could raise faster if i know about it althought i were looking for a tool like Klipfolio.

Valtteri L.

Entertainment,

So far Klipfolio has provided for all my data visualization needs. Very intuitive and flexible.

- Saves time - Professional outlook with minimum effort

Pros

Biggest pro is the number of connectors. Klipfolio connects basically to every tool we use. Almost equally important is the flexible access to data. This means Klipfolio isn't so dependent on the formatting of the raw data. When I import data for a custom klip, it's easy to select the data the way I want to and represent results in different ways. I've been able to construct neat and comprehensive dashboards for many different data needs of a game company including marketing data, game performance data, in-game event data and company work flow. Less is more in the design. This tool is clearly for data visualizations, so that's what you do with it. All other options in settings, team control etc. are minimalistic and simple as they should be.

Cons

Honestly, with a few weeks experience, I haven't jumped into anything that would have caused frustration. Perhaps it could be stated that the pricing plans push even relatively small teams to go for more expensive options.

Henrik C.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Easy dashboarding!

Pros

Get started quick and easy. Ready-made dashboards and connectors to a lot of databases etc. If that is not enough, you can easily create own datasources (I use Excel, ODBC and Google Drive) and you can build both simple and advanced dashboards with the KPI's that are relevant to you.

Cons

I have yet to find any real Cons. I would love to have ready database connectors to the CRM and ordersystem, that we use but as I have already build a source myself, this is really not a "must-have".

Rafael V.

Easy to setup, use and maintain

Pros

The ease of use is amazing and the nice visuals are definitely a plus! Not to mention the incredible and fast support given by the customer service team.

Cons

I think they need some improvement in the in the klip editor, specially in the formula section. Its a little bit crowded with information and could use some redesign.

Julio G.

Trying to bring together the results of different aspects of our business.

Trying to bring together the results of different aspects of our business. Now, our development team and the business side can see each other's results at a glance, and have a quantifiable, and real-time goal to work towards.

Pros

We use so many important information to manage the sales process and inform our team in a Screen panel where they can perform better. This is crucial for our success.

Cons

Setup was a bit challenging, but once we got the dashboards setup how we wanted... we let it do it's thing.

Samantha T.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

My new motto is "It'll integrate with Klipfolio"

While there's definitely a learning curve to this tool, the potential is amazing. Being able to pull data from all the different tools we have is invaluable. As a digital marketing agency, there's already so many pieces to manage, from client reporting to managing tasks to proving profitability to management. Klipfolio enables us to create central dashboards to not only provide superior reporting to our customers, but also get a clear picture of our internal performance.

Pros

- Integrates with every (seriously, EVERY) service we use - whether it's for internal use or for clients (some of the more surprising ones would be Unbounce, SheerSEO, InfusionSoft - don't see too many platforms integrating with these). - Customer support is amazing. When having issues building a "Klip", they really help to figure out the best way to represent the data. - Haven't run into any times I can't make a visualization of the data I want. Just a matter of figuring out how.

Cons

- Steep learning curve. From using tools like DashThis and Cyfe, it's certainly more advanced and requires more planning.

Utkarsh G.

Machinery, 1-10 employees

Most Suitable Data Visualization Tool In the Market

I have been working on Klipfolio for 1 year. It is the best tool for startups and middle-level enterprises. I have recommended many of my clients to use Klipfolio rather than any other platform. It is the easiest and beautifully made.

Pros

1. This software is very Easy to Setup 2. The easiest method to implement complicated dashboards. 3. Highly scalable

Cons

I almost like everything on this platform. But they can improve custom javascript and custom CSS implementation.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 10,001+ employees

Powerful visualizations with a great support team

Pros

My team uses highly-customized instance of Salesforce as an internal project management system. We also have several other services, such as SharePoint, Google Docs, and others, where data is stored. We found Klipfolio in our search for a dashboarding tool that would allow us to integrate all of these services into a single view for our users across the department. The visualization components are pretty flexible and can be bent to fit your needs. The support team is incredibly patient and are never slow in responding to inquiries.

Cons

The learning curve can seem a bit steep at first. While some data formulas can be easy to understand if you're familiar with some of Excel's more advanced features, there are others that are somewhat unique to Klipfolio. The documentation covers most of what you would need, and if you get stuck, the support team is very quick to respond and walk you through the solution.

LT

Lisa T.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Great product to visualize your data from multiple sources and share across departments.

I was able to pull together all of our data across multiple sources to create powerful visualizations that all departments could understand. Showing dashboards on large screens throughout the office has really helped change and enforce the right behaviours.

Pros

I love the ability to connect to multiple data sources (and just about anything else), and the many out of the box klips that can easily be edited for our own needs. The extensive resources are also very helpful when getting set up or working with a more complex data source.

Cons

Some of the easier tasks end up taking a little longer than I would like, and there are a few features that I would love for them to add (copying dashboards, etc) but it's hard to complain as they are great with customer feature requests and are constantly improving their product and incorporating them.

OR

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Easy learning, well documented tool with nice support wich update content evrytime.

We are on developing to authomatizate all reports and critical kpi wich were generated partialy manual saving more than 200 hours per month converted them to more analysis on statistics to take big decisions instead of generate those reports. Very esasy connections to API request to take data in real time.

Pros

The hight reach and potential you can have to do almost anything in a really easy way. We are going to authomatizate critical reports with essensial KPI for each brand we have and the reply way will be quick and easy. As partners we have a nice solutions to adapt to our digital marketing agency in order to manage customers with. Love those videos & tutorials to see how to do something and whats next. They really hear your necesities, just need to ask for any functionality or connection and they add on the wheel to do next.

Cons

The first two packages are kind limited for the price and early tests on building something big, but the 3rd gets you everything you really need and its what an agency need

TN

Thandile N.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Incredible product to envision your information from numerous sources and offer across divisions

I had the choice to organize the absolute of our information across various sources to make incredible experiences that all that working environments could comprehend. Showing dashboards on massive screens all through the workplace has truly helped change and complete the correct practices.

Pros

The usability - loads of instant templates and so forth to utilize. While making without any preparation, the interface is quite straightforward - yet it takes into consideration genuinely complex plans. Illustrations and formats are dealt with "naturally" and looks extraordinary.

Cons

There's an expectation to absorb information to get explicit information introduced if there is anything but a current klip to create the outcomes you're after, yet the client assistance group and help documentation is useful.

LM

Laura M.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Easy to build visualisations for even non-it-specialists

Pros

Klipfolio is very easy to use. Within some minutes you can create data sources (static and dynamic) and build some nice visualizations which you can share with your colleagues! Whenever you need help, the customer support is always at your side to help and fix your issues. Greatest new benefit is Metrics and Trends, which makes visualization over certain time periods or comparisons way easier. I love how easy it is to join JSON Data sources and have nearly real time

Cons

Nothing really to complain about. An idea but no complain: would be nice to have more pricing options to choose from as we do not need so many users but more dashboards :D currently working with the 8 dashboards/8 users model but only have 3 users, would like to create 15 dashboards :D

MM

Malcolm M.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Ok Product Poor Customer service/ Terms

They doubled their price and I was not informed by email, then my card was charged and they refused to refund when I cancelled my account - not even a part refund!

Pros

I like the ability to put data from different remote sources

Cons

Setup and use is semi-technical and I could not get non-technical staff involved in setup dashboards for them selves

Temitope E.

Great support heldesk.

Pros

Klipfolio comes with an huge library of already made Klips,which I am able to add to my dashboard with just a click. It also has an advanced engine from which users are able to build their own personalized klip. Klipfoli has a great support team behind it ,who are always available to render assistance to users ,upon signing up for the service.

Cons

Impressed with the quality of service from Klip thus far . Only wish there could be a freeze-pane function when extracting data from large spreadsheet files.

Rv

Ross v.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Easily deployed and integrated

If you make use of the pre made reports Klipfolio is brilliant and easy to use, however creating custom reports can be a painful experience.

Pros

The ability to integrate multiple data sources quickly and easily make Klipfolio is a winner. We integrated SalesForce, Zendesk, a SQL server and had stats displayed on a tv within an hour. The pre made reports are a bonus.

Cons

It's rather complex to create custom reports, I did two training sessions and still had to contact support regularly to assist with setting up custom reports.

MC

Michelle C.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

AA Garage Guide - analyzing so much more data with help from Klipfolio - 20 boards and counting

The support team at Klipflio are amazing. From helping with new charts to fixing simple grouping errors, nothing is too much trouble and they are always quick to respond and help us. They have really helped us bring our data to life and saved many hours of working with excel. Thank you so much.

Pros

It really is limitless Can see data in real time Pretty much connects with any data source you are working with

Cons

You do need to know a bit about how to select, group and chart data if using SQL queries like we are, but the support team is fantastic.

AG

Alaeddine G.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Underrated cloud reporting tool

For small sized data driven companies, I would recommend using Klipfolio as quick and reliable reporting solution for short and mid-term reporting solution.

Pros

With its multiple drivers for external data sources connexion, Klipfolio allows you not only to connect the data and integrate it, but also to clean up and manipulate it while loading it from different data sources. The mobile app also is amazing to keep track of the numbers at any time and from any device.

Cons

UI sometimes freezes when it includes an important amount of components and charts. Data visualisation features are still limited ( not fully customisable )

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Easy to setup and connect to your data

Pros

The vast array of choices to connect to. Helpful support staff. Much better than other alternatives we have used in the past.

Cons

Learning the Klipfolio formula language can be challenging. Some data sources can be difficult to connect to, which is not necessarily Klipfolio's fault.

SM

Sachin M.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Attractive

Good

Pros

Charts & Data Visuals are so neat that whoever looks in to the dash board gets hooked. figures are clear.

Cons

Sometimes, not sure whether the file is uploaded or not. few more colors option needed.

LK

Lenore K.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Customer Support is the best I have ever had

Pros

It took me a bit of time to understand all the data connections, but if I ever had any questions, the support team were available, and were able to help guide me through to the solutions. For a small company, with no other technical expertise, this support was what helped complete our requirements.

Cons

Can't do everything you want - but what product can. Once you understand how the data connections work, and the format of the parent/child nodes, you will find it relatively easy to use. It took me a bit of time to understand (and use) the parent/child nodes.

Nate S.

1,001-5,000 employees

Klipfolio combines ease and power

For almost two years, I've used Klipfolio to build dashboards, audit reports and scorecards. With over 100 Klips and several hundred components (graph, table, gauge, etc), I'm still amazed by some of the new features that come from Klipfolio. Klipfolio is an exceptional tool. For a long time, people at my work believed we'd need to dump data into a data warehouse in order to get it to relate. With...

Pros

- Easy to use with drag and drop features - No data warehouse required - If you know Excel, you can use Klipfolio (the formulas work similarly) - Visually attractive - Management incorporates user suggestions

Cons

- Automated reports have some consistency issues but technical support addresses these right away - At peak times, the service responds more slowly. Klipfolio has adopted a new Data Processing Node that has helped

TC

Tim C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Quick, easy, live and interactive. What's not to like?

We save a ton of time by using Klipfolio. All our reports are now automated.

Pros

You get all your metrics in one place. If what you're trying to connect has an API, you can connect it. All visualizations are interactive. The support is quick and knowledgeable.

Cons

Creative visualisations aren't included in the box, though you can connect to libraries and implement them yourself.