Capsule Reviews

4.5

How would you rate Capsule?

KP

Kate P.

Ilia T.

Nice integration with Socials to retrive people information (pictures). Some basic easy to use integration with msot popular tools like Mailchimp, Xero, Zendesk.

MP

Mauro P.

Cons

The free version was so restricted, it made it virtually useless.

Michelle C.

I think we had some trouble when trying to connect to Mail Chimp. From memory it took a long time to get it right.

Ilia T.

No multiple records (create campaign lists and cleaning up is horror).

Stas R.

Great CRM for Contacts, Tasks, Opportunities and pipelines

Transcript

Guy G. : I'm Guy. I'm a director of a health and fitness consultancy firm, and we use Capsule CRM, and...

Pretty good.

Overall experience was positive. It's a solution that I recommend to people.

Pros

What initially attracted us to this CRM was its cost effectiveness. I was impressed by how easy it was to deploy and run. The mobile app was pretty solid, easy to use and probably better or on par with some of the other (more expensive) CRM apps I've used. ~Capsule also had a decent project management function.

Cons

Hi Ilia, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you found Capsule easy to deploy and are enjoying using the mobile app. If you ever need any help for example setting up integrations then don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@capsulecrm.com.

Capsule is simple to use and just the right number of features

I've been using Capsule for several months and I am very happy. Occasionally I try other apps just to see, but none of them are as easy to use. Capsule feels like a gem of a CRM in a field crowded with lots of apps. If you need reminders of who to follow up with and when, Capsule does that really well—and can grow with you as you grow. Next year I'll likely need to upgrade from the free level, and I'll gladly do so.

Pros

As a service provider I have a lot of contacts to track. I tried several CRMs (Hubspot, Monday, etc) but none were as simple to use as Capsule. I had basic needs: track new contacts and set reminders to follow up. While other apps had those features alongside dozens of other tools, Capsule made it very easy to start tracking and reminding right away. And that's on a free level! The Gmail extension works really well and makes adding tasks quick and easy.

Cons

If I was nitpicky, I'd say maybe a more modern design. But it's not strictly utilitarian, and it's simplicity makes it easy to do what I need.

Hi Jesse, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review - that's really going to help other people considering Capsule. We're happy to hear that you're finding Capsule so easy to use, especially compared to alternatives you considered and that it's helping you to do what you need to.

Lacked Calendar tool needed for us to be effective

It was an adequate tool but didn't fulfill enough of our needs for us to continue using the software.

Pros

I found the software easy to use and fairly intuitive for the everyday user. It managed leads adequately and allowed me to find my information easily.

Cons

We needed a tool that would allow us to easily track booked events on a calendar and see trends of inquiries for specific dates. Capsule lacked an effective calendar tool to help us manage leads by date which made it ineffectual for us.

Hi there April, Chloe from Capsule here. We're glad you found Capsule easy to use and helped you manage leads well. We're sorry to hear that in this case Capsule didn't quite fit your needs - thanks for giving us a try!

wonderful Software for every business

The software is simple to use, it has a wide range of tools that you can use. However, the great thing you dont have to use all the features and they are hidden away, so they dont affect your everyday usage. Incredibly for this type of software and all the tools you can access, it is incredibly affordable for personal, small business or large companies. We really love the product

Pros

We have used this software for over five years. We used to use act and were reluctant to move to another provider. We moved because we could use the software on all forms of devices, anywhere in the world. The other great feature is that it is so simple to use, you hardly need any training at all

Cons

Actually we love it, so we dont really have anything negative to say

Hi Peter, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for reviewing us! We're so happy to hear that Capsule has worked out for you!

Capsule Review

Pros

Very easy to set up Easy and intuitive to use It is flexible enough so that it can be moulded around a requirement or purpose, even if that function isn't immediately obvious. The support staff are great at coming up with solutions and work arounds Support staff are very quick to respond. The close links with Mailchimp and Zapier are great and really easy to merge different systems.

Cons

You can't 'drag and drop' documents from the system to emails. There's no 'pre-opportunity' stage - i.e. no way of registering an interest in a product (linking a client and product or organisation) without it being a formal 'opportunity' - there needs to be a 'pre-opportunity' facility to ease admin in the system. There's no way of retaining a record of a meeting in the calendar. There's no one to stand behind my husband and remind him to record notes in the system! :-)

Hi Rebecca, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for your review - I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to our team. As for the pre-opportunity problem, you could use a Case for that and then you can link that case to an Opportunity if it does move into the pipeline. That way you can have a clear record of it, but it isn't impacting conversion rates or anything like that. You can read more about Cases...

Simple and Functional

My needs for tracking client opportunities are simple and this CRM does everything I need of it. I mainly use it for recording my meetings and coaching sessions with my clients. This functionality is easy to use and it is easy to search clients later to see what was last talked about.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to set up, very simple to use and I like it's integration with Xero.

Cons

Sending email from the system get stored in dropbox, not ideal if you don't use dropbox

Hi Dave, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you like the integration with Xero. In terms of the Drop Box I have good news as the Capsule Drop Box is not the same as the file storage service Dropbox.com. The Capsule Drop Box is effectively an email address that you use to BCC or forward your emails to which in turn stores them against the relevant contact in your Capsule...

Quick and useful to get ourselves organised but the limitations are starting to show

It's our 2nd management tool - the first one was overly complicated and this is quite simple The Dropbox solution is a bit of a fudge but it works most of the time. The tasks system and visual customisation leave a lot to be desired.

Pros

It's fast and simple, a young British company. which we wanted to support. Its online and accessible on an app It does a lot of what we originally needed

Cons

The tasks and the layout - lack of customisation - colours or icons - fields can be hard to identify at a glance. Starts to get expensive with more users - if I could role out viewing to my whole team (no input) it would be handy - but i can't justify £300 a month We no longer use the sales side - that didn't really work for our company - now just use the contacts, tasks, recording of data

Best CRM I've ever used

Peace of mind for my business

Pros

Visual presentation of the data, ease of access, monthly subscription, data capture, project tracking, email link capability, mobile access.

Cons

The CRM had no functions that I disliked

Hi Peter, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time out to write a review about Capsule - we're really glad it's helping your business!

A simple but powerful CRM platform

Pros

The one thing I like the most about Capsule is its simplicity. It might not have all the "bells and whistles" that other CRM platforms have but it does its job. The sales pipeline, for example, it is very good because it is intuitive and gives you the key information you need for lead generation and sales – including clear analytics that show you how things have been going. Another thing I am a fan of are Capsule's tasks and their automation. Simply lay out a process and break it into steps, or tasks, and have each one become active once the task that came before has been completed. For me, a mobile app is something I always look at when picking up a tool, so it was great to see that Capsule does have one, which means that I can work even when I am not at my computer.

Cons

While Capsule has a free plan, it comes with a contacts limit that you are likely going to hit in a few months. This may not seem like a problem when you are getting started but it may turn out to be a bit of an issue if you decide to opt for a different CRM solution and need to migrate everything from Capsule. Also, keep in mind that Capsule might not have some features you may want a CRM to have so I would suggest looking at its features list carefully before signing up.

Hi Arlene, Thanks for writing a review about Capsule. We really love hearing how our customers appreciate how simple and intuitive it is to use. I'll be sure to let the team know the mobile app and the tasks features are really useful to you!

The best CRM money can buy

excellent, anyone can use capsule and not just the super techies

Pros

The client management, and the ability to keep things easy to use and not over complicate day to day activities

Cons

The search bar feature could be improved as search key words rather than phrases

Hi Eduardo Joel, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Also, thanks for submitting your feedback regarding the search bar - I'll be sure to add your name against this as a feature request. Above all though, we're so glad to hear that you're finding Capsule easy to use.

Best in Class CRM

I originally acquired Capsule to keep track of customers, potential customers, task management, and event management for a coaching and education business. I continue to track coaching clients in the software, but now I primarily use it for event and task management for a grassroots nonprofit.

Pros

Capsule is a CRM system that delivers excellent support for a small cost. It is more customizable and has more features and greater ease of use than others in its price range. It was fairly easy to set up, customize, and learn using the provided guides and the responsive customer service team. It easily supports tracking of all actions related to an entity in one place. It has a number of built-in...

Cons

The things I would want in a CRM application that are not present in Capsule are all things for which I would expect to spend more money. For example, if I were to spend more money on a CRM, I would look for one that includes volunteer sign up forms and the ability for donors to manage their own profiles and track their own donations. It is a pretty simple tool, but again, very robust for the price.

Quick to set up and start getting results

I've used Capsule for several years, as both a free and paid subscriber. It fits like a glove. Does what I need, doesn't force me into a different way of working, has been reliable (if it's ever been down, it wasn't any time I accessed it.) The company is actively developing it. I have used at least a dozen small-business CRM systems. Capsule is like my favorite pair of jeans -- it fits, never gets in the way, and makes me look good!

Pros

Capsule is a good fit for my business. I'm a sole prop. consultant. I need to stay on top of my relationships with each customer to exceed their expectations. With Capsule on my laptop and phone, I can refer to past interactions and update with new ones in real time. With Capsule, I can create my own custom "tracks", action step lists to follow for any process in my sales or support functions. I can...

Cons

The only complaint I have is a minor one - I liked the calendar task view better before the recent update. Now I can't see all my tasks for the month at once, it truncates after 3 or 4 on any given date, and hides the rest. I can still view all the tasks for a day by clicking on it, but it's a slower way to reorganize on a grand scale.

Great Easy To Use Affordable CRM

I have been using Capsue since 2017 and to date I have had no issues with the software even it was updated.

Pros

Easy to use. Price. Date Stamp. Search by name, keyword or phone number. You can up load documents to a specific contact. You can separate contacts using tags. Notes easy to edit. Beginner friendly. Generous Free account. It has an app that syncs perfectly with the online account.

Cons

So far the online has everything I need. I have no complaints. The app could add search by phone number. It would help when a client calls I could search the phone number and address them by name if they are found in my CRM the same way I do when working from my lap top from home

Hi Sheron, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review about Capsule. We're glad to hear you're finding Capsule easy to use and love its features. You might be happy to hear that you can search phone numbers in the app. You can find out more about that here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/mobile-apps/capsule-mobile-app/#how-to-use-contacts-in-the-mobile-app. Also, if you have an iPhone we do have CallerID in the app. The Caller ID feature will display your Contact's name so you'll never need to guess who is on the other end of the incoming call - you can find out more information about Caller ID here https://capsulecrm.com/support/mobile-apps/capsule-mobile-app/#caller-id. I hope that help you out.

Use it daily and recommend it to all my clients

I recommend Capsule to clients for simple efficiency. Just getting your tasks sorted according to client or project is a huge benefit and Capsule, to me, is much more intuitive than something like Asana

Pros

For me, task and workflow management make life much easier. No more remembering important calls or actions; they just come up in your dashboard. This is especially relevant when you're toggling several clients at the same time.

Cons

The pipeline forecast graph (revenue forecasted per month) never seems to be correct and I've not been able to figure out how to fix it. This area could be more foolproof. Also, I never look at the latest updates on the 'home' screen even though it takes up most of the space. Imo, this could be replaced with relevant data like the pipeline graph. Better yet, make this a customisable widget area so people can choose what would work best for them.

Hi Linda, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review about your experience with Capsule. We're happy to hear the task and workflow management is helping you out. We have been asked about customising the dashboard before so it's on our radar and we will record your interest against this feature request. If you would like some more help with the pipeline forecast could you send us an email at support@capsulecrm.com then we can answer any questions you might have about that there?

Finaly a solution for my needs!

For last few years I had a problem with my comunication with old and new clients. Too many pressure and too much information noise casued a problem of following up possible new clients and opportunities. My first solution was standard PIM software. Soon I discovered that only part of my problems were solved. Problems that become so evident were following up new opportunities and contacts history....

Pros

Free version is mostly perfect for my needs. Contacts database, contacts history, opportunities creating and following, procedure design and editor, flexibility.

Cons

Free version have a limit to 250 contacts.

Easy to use and great for quote tracking

Excellent thank you

Pros

I find Capsule really easy to use and manage all my quotes, leads and follow-ups on it. I like that you can have custom fields too, helps for tracking. I have used the system for the last 5 years.

Cons

I don't understand what the cases are??

Hi Paula, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review - we really appreciate it. It's always nice to hear that Capsule is easy to use and is helping people to manage leads. In a nutshell a Case is a storage area or folder where you can keep everything related to a particular project or event that you're working on holding all the relevant information, tasks and history in a common place. Cases...

Bang-for-buck the best CRM for Xero

Pros

Capsule does everything a CRM should: - All of your organisation and contact information in one place - Heaps of available integrations including MailChimp and Xero - Mobile app for capturing new leads - Customisable opportunity management - Customisable case (ticket) management - Email integration makes tracking email correspondence easy - Custom fields allow you to update your

Cons

Capsule has several weaknesses you should be aware of: - The opportunity management is customisable but fairly basic. Its great if you currently have no visibility of your pipeline, stages, value, probability or timeframes. There are apps out there that do these features better but not with all the other great stuff Capsule can do at the same price point. - Capsule is not a marketing automation tool but will help with your marketing - Capsule is not a sales pipeline tool but will improve your pipeline visibility - Capsule is not an email client - Capsule is not your accounts receivable management tool but will improve your collections

Capsule Feedback

Not a bad system for the price we are paying.

Pros

Fairly easy to use along with the cheap cost

Cons

The integration with Quickbooks is not the best to be honest. We have had to disable the interaction as it was changing the records we had originally set up in Quickbooks. Also was not a simple click of a button to see the previous sales, you have to continuously sign into quickbooks when you want to see records, a bit pointless really.

Hi Dolan, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you're finding Capsule easy to use and good value for money. Sorry to hear that our QuickBooks integration isn't quite what you expected. When setting up the integration any information in Capsule and QuickBooks should match otherwise Capsule would overwrite any differences. After that, the integration will...

Needed convincing to use Capsule, but no a convert!

Pros

Honestly, I was sceptical about using Capsule when it first came along. I couldn’t see how tracking tasks or cases could benefit my work. I saw it as another thing I had to do, day to day. I thought the main reason for getting it was to track the relationships, conversations and connections between partners. Since I’ve been using Capsule, I’ve found it really useful for those things. I can check who and what people have been talking to partners about and I can use it to track my own conversations with partners. It’s like creating a story of those relationships. I still don’t use the tasks or cases, but maybe that will come at some point

Cons

As above. In addition, I would like a feature where you can search for a contact and then add them to a list without having to create a task or tag. That would be good.

Hi Mark, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review. We're glad that we've won you over and that you're finding Capsule useful. Also, thanks for your suggestion about searching and adding contacts to lists - I've added you as a +1 for this feature request.

EASY AS PIE

has been great to work with and easy to operate

Pros

Super easy to start using , the pipeline is the best way to keep track of sales process and visually easy to keep track of

Cons

I feel it needs to automatically remind me of thing, I use this to track inquiries and sometimes people fall through the cracks. if for some reason I forget to start an opportunity I won't see the customer on the sales pipeline, maybe its just the way im using this.

Hi Andre, Thanks for writing a review and we're glad that you've found Capsule easy to get to grips with. Moving on to creating Opportunities - There's no in-built functionality in Capsule that will automatically create opportunities from new contacts I'm afraid. Our advice is generally to only add an opportunity once the lead has been nurtured or qualified as a viable sales opportunity - this...

Capsule is the most efficient CRM available

I use 17+ systems (one for each client) and it makes it so easy to track progress

Pros

Ease of use in tracking conversations, email and contacts

Cons

There are no cons to this software that I have identified

Hi Christopher, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that Capsule is helping you to track your contacts and conversations easily.

Relatively Robust, and Affordable!

For our small business (5-10 team members), Capsule provides us with one location to input all of our data. We can track contacts, organizations, and opportunities, as well as opportunity stages and milestones, while customizing categories and notes for all of it. It is incomparably more affordable than any of the other CRMs I've used.

Pros

Capsule serves all its purposes very satisfactorily. It doesn't have very many bells and whistles, or email campaign options like other CRM databases, but it is very useful for logging contact information, making notes, generating tasks, and running reports. You can categorize contacts by organization, people, and deal opportunities, and also by customized tags and custom fields.

Cons

Very few things to dislike. The only way to export contacts with notes is to export the entire database into Excel and sort from there; there is no option within the database's reporting capabilities to generate the notes for specific contacts. Capsule also does not have email campaign capabilities or drip campaign options, but those are high-price items that only come with the big CRM monsters.

One of the best CRMs I've ever used

Capsule has allowed me to keep track of all my leads and prospects. Because I can see how I've interacted with them in the past, I'm able to tailor my follow-up process to ensure a higher conversion rate. Capsule paid for itself in a very short period of time.

Pros

I love the fact that Capsule is one of the easiest CRMs to use. One of the reasons salespeople don't use CRMs is because they feel overwhelmed or because there's a huge learning curve. Not with Capsule. It's easy to learn and they also have a really cool app that allows you to track your contacts directly from your phone, which means you can stay on top of your sales process.

Cons

I think that the free plan should allow a little bit more than the 250 contacts it currently offers, but other than that there aren't really any cons.

A Great Organizational Tool!

Multiple people in our organization are points of contact for a client, so Capsule has helped us to be able to document and share information among our team. It is easy to use, and allows us to capture all of the important information for our clients.

Pros

This software is very easy to use, and we have had great success with using it to communicate internally to better serve our clients. The calendar view for tasks is my favorite to stay on top of everything.

Cons

I would like to see an added feature of being able to pin notes to the top of the home page for a Person/Organization.

Hi Kate, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for writing a review. Also, thanks for the suggestion about being able to pin a note - while it's not something we have in our pipeline at the moment, I've recorded it as a feature request. We're happy to hear that you're finding Capsule easy to use and that it's helping you to communicate better as a business. I'll definitely pass on that feedback to the rest of the team too.

Good stuff

Love it

Pros

We really like the interface and how it is organised. Best feature is the gmail integration.

Cons

Im hoping that we can connect a certain gmail contact and automatically have every new email/conversation feed into the same contact on capsule.

Hi Andy, Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you like the gmail integration and I'll be sure to pass on your feature request to the product team.