Capsule Reviews

Capsule

Take care of your customers and sales opportunities

4.44/5 (90 reviews)

Pros
  • Capsule is a CRM system that delivers excellent support for a small cost. It is more customizable and has more features and greater ease of use than others in its price range.Beth L.Read the full review
  • The clean user interface and calendar tools / follow-up task management features are great to get things organized and your business focused on driving sales.Socrates M.Read the full review
  • We can track contacts, organizations, and opportunities, as well as opportunity stages and milestones, while customizing categories and notes for all of it.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • It ended up paying off, because they swear by Capsule now.Rosi M.Read the full review
  • No integration with Office 365. No mass mailouts in capsule for marketing purpose.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • I can only upload one document at a time which is annoying. The automatic email BCC doesn't work for me to record in my notes so I always have to copy and paste.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Guy Griffiths

Great CRM for Contacts, Tasks, Opportunities and pipelines

Reviewed 2019-12-07

Really good Customer, Prospect and Lead management solution Reminder to contact Management of team tasks, and assignment to team members

Pros
Simple contact and account management, link task reminders to contacts and or opportunities. Integration with GMail etc, Xero, MailChimp

Cons
Mobile app could be a litte more user friendly, it would be great to automatically add a follow-up task when you close one. But these are both really minor issues in the grand scheme!

Beth Love

Best in Class CRM

Reviewed 2019-11-26

I originally acquired Capsule to keep track of customers, potential customers, task management, and event management for a coaching and education business. I continue to track coaching clients in the software, but now I primarily use it for event and task management for a grassroots nonprofit.

Pros
Capsule is a CRM system that delivers excellent support for a small cost. It is more customizable and has more features and greater ease of use than others in its price range. It was fairly easy to set up, customize, and learn using the provided guides and the responsive customer service team. It easily supports tracking of all actions related to an entity in one place. It has a number of built-in APIs for integration with email marketing tools and other applications. I really appreciate the task tracking, the ability to track potential customers through a customizable sales funnel, and the capacity for creating cases for tracking interactions with related to a particular person, organization, or project. I also like the ease with which I can create my own "tracks" for processes that I often repeat.

Cons
The things I would want in a CRM application that are not present in Capsule are all things for which I would expect to spend more money. For example, if I were to spend more money on a CRM, I would look for one that includes volunteer sign up forms and the ability for donors to manage their own profiles and track their own donations. It is a pretty simple tool, but again, very robust for the price.

Matt Martin

Great starter CRM for iiduals and small business

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2020-02-26

AS mentioned this is a great CRM to start with and the free version has everything you will need to organize and manage customers, especially if you're a service based business, including SaaS.

Pros
This light weight CRM is simple and easy to get started with. As a small business owner or individual this is a great CRM to start with that allows you to import contacts, manage notes and tasks for customers and organize your leads.

Cons
The lack of marketing integration such as running campaigns and tracking website visitors, but I would think that will be rolled out in due time, how ever I have had to keep searching for a few missing features to deploy on a larger scale.

Response from Zestia

Hi Matt, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for your review of Capsule - we're really glad you've found Capsule easy to use and appreciate the points you've made.

Anonymous

A CRM for startups - everything you need and nothing you don’t

Reviewed 2020-01-05

Pros
It is a highly customizable software CRM. Track every interaction with stakeholders using the web app, email plugins, and most importantly the iOS app! The app uses the cloud based client database as a sort of substitute for your phone’s address book, phone dialer, and portal to add client interactions. Best mobile app for a CRM platform!

Cons
It can be tricky linking interactions with multiple stakeholders.

Response from Zestia

Hi Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for your review of Capsule and your support - we're really glad you like the mobile app. As for linking interactions with multiple stakeholders, if we can understand a little more about how you want interactions linked we may be able to offer some options or understand whether there are some ways we can amend Capsule. If you can write to us directly at support@capsulecrm.com then our support team will be able to help you out.

Features and Format Lacking, Good for the Basics

Reviewed 2018-09-07

Overall, Capsule seems middle-of-the-road. It's been useful as a database to keep our pipeline and outreach organized at a base level but hasn't impressed beyond that.

Pros
The ability to export to Mailchimp has been very useful, it allows us to immediately update lists without having to go through multiple extra steps.

Cons
Certain features I'm used to in a CRM are missing. The only way to correlate multiple organizations (as a subsidiary or similar case) is to make a note of it in the organization description and that doesn't link through. You're also unable to categorize a contact under multiple organizations, so you need to create a new person with the same name if you want to put them under more than one company. It would also be nice to have a better search and reporting function. The only things you can search for are the person, organization, case, and note content, so every other bit of information you'd like to search for and compile must be placed as a tag, which gets clunky and disorganized easily. There is some sales pipeline reporting, but the options are not as robust as other CRM systems I've used in the past.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

David Wain

Quick and useful to get ourselves organised but the limitations are starting to show

Reviewed 2019-11-26

It's our 2nd management tool - the first one was overly complicated and this is quite simple The Dropbox solution is a bit of a fudge but it works most of the time. The tasks system and visual customisation leave a lot to be desired.

Pros
It's fast and simple, a young British company. which we wanted to support. Its online and accessible on an app It does a lot of what we originally needed

Cons
The tasks and the layout - lack of customisation - colours or icons - fields can be hard to identify at a glance. Starts to get expensive with more users - if I could role out viewing to my whole team (no input) it would be handy - but i can't justify £300 a month We no longer use the sales side - that didn't really work for our company - now just use the contacts, tasks, recording of data

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Reuben Sweeney

Bang-for-buck the best CRM for Xero

Reviewed 2017-04-26

Pros
Capsule does everything a CRM should: - All of your organisation and contact information in one place - Heaps of available integrations including MailChimp and Xero - Mobile app for capturing new leads - Customisable opportunity management - Customisable case (ticket) management - Email integration makes tracking email correspondence easy - Custom fields allow you to update your

Cons
Capsule has several weaknesses you should be aware of: - The opportunity management is customisable but fairly basic. Its great if you currently have no visibility of your pipeline, stages, value, probability or timeframes. There are apps out there that do these features better but not with all the other great stuff Capsule can do at the same price point. - Capsule is not a marketing automation tool but will help with your marketing - Capsule is not a sales pipeline tool but will improve your pipeline visibility - Capsule is not an email client - Capsule is not your accounts receivable management tool but will improve your collections

Piers Russell-Cobb

Should run our lives

Reviewed 2019-12-13

We use Capsule as the main database of the organisation-meeting notes as well as the all contact details

Pros
We should have automatic opening in the morning for the timing of reminders but ill disciplined we plug into emails first thing!

Cons
I think you should refresh your landing page more often and perhaps carry a daily piece of advice or a tip or a reminder of a public anniversary -famous peoples birthday -something that you would ordinarily not know but is a piece of interesting info

ASHISH DESAI

user review

Reviewed 2019-12-07

good for a startup to small size business. not sure if it would stretch to bigger business due to limited functionality

Pros
easy to use exportable data to finance package

Cons
limited usage not multicurrency not all data can be exported to accounts package from capsule

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Mike Raiche

Works great and simple to use

Reviewed 2019-11-26

Technically it has always worked great and customer service is always prompt and very friendly.

Pros
Very easy to use. Not as complicated as other CRM's.

Cons
Wish it was easier to delete files that are no longer needed to save space.

Bill Bardon

Quick to set up and start getting results

Reviewed 2018-09-14

I've used Capsule for several years, as both a free and paid subscriber. It fits like a glove. Does what I need, doesn't force me into a different way of working, has been reliable (if it's ever been down, it wasn't any time I accessed it.) The company is actively developing it. I have used at least a dozen small-business CRM systems. Capsule is like my favorite pair of jeans -- it fits, never gets in the way, and makes me look good!

Pros
Capsule is a good fit for my business. I'm a sole prop. consultant. I need to stay on top of my relationships with each customer to exceed their expectations. With Capsule on my laptop and phone, I can refer to past interactions and update with new ones in real time. With Capsule, I can create my own custom "tracks", action step lists to follow for any process in my sales or support functions. I can create my own custom fields and color-coded tags. There are a good number of integrations with other web apps, you just have to see if yours is on the list. I use it with Harvest for time recording and Xero accounting. They also offer a good API. It took me an evening to write a script to copy every action logged in Harvest into the customer notes in Capsule. I have no use for the team collaborative aspects of Capsule so can't comment on them.

Cons
The only complaint I have is a minor one - I liked the calendar task view better before the recent update. Now I can't see all my tasks for the month at once, it truncates after 3 or 4 on any given date, and hides the rest. I can still view all the tasks for a day by clicking on it, but it's a slower way to reorganize on a grand scale.

Edo Modun

Finaly a solution for my needs!

Reviewed 2017-04-13

For last few years I had a problem with my comunication with old and new clients. Too many pressure and too much information noise casued a problem of following up possible new clients and opportunities. My first solution was standard PIM software. Soon I discovered that only part of my problems were solved. Problems that become so evident were following up new opportunities and contacts history. I found some other partial solutions for these problems but was necessary to work, mantain and balance with diferent solutions, multiple insertions of same data and so on. Looking for better solution I got to start with some offline CRM solutions, and I tested several ones. Every program had some part that were interesting to me but neither had all of options that I was looking for. Some prgrams were fantastic but expensive or they needed dedicatd servers. Most of them had so many options that I don't need for my work and can be applied in some other sectors. Finally, on one webpage that was doing reviews of buisiness software there was a list of several on-line CRM solutions and so I decided to try some of them. As 3rd, or 4th, started with CAPSULE CRM. Everything that I needed was there: database of contacts, history (well done), opportunities,...Also flexibility for procedures and all sorf of extra activities was there. PERFECT. Mobile apps is must have when You are out of the office. Today on my computers 2 web pages are always ON during work time: webmail and CAPSULE.

Pros
Free version is mostly perfect for my needs. Contacts database, contacts history, opportunities creating and following, procedure design and editor, flexibility.

Cons
Free version have a limit to 250 contacts.

Anonymous

Relatively Robust, and Affordable!

Reviewed 2019-05-03

For our small business (5-10 team members), Capsule provides us with one location to input all of our data. We can track contacts, organizations, and opportunities, as well as opportunity stages and milestones, while customizing categories and notes for all of it. It is incomparably more affordable than any of the other CRMs I've used.

Pros
Capsule serves all its purposes very satisfactorily. It doesn't have very many bells and whistles, or email campaign options like other CRM databases, but it is very useful for logging contact information, making notes, generating tasks, and running reports. You can categorize contacts by organization, people, and deal opportunities, and also by customized tags and custom fields.

Cons
Very few things to dislike. The only way to export contacts with notes is to export the entire database into Excel and sort from there; there is no option within the database's reporting capabilities to generate the notes for specific contacts. Capsule also does not have email campaign capabilities or drip campaign options, but those are high-price items that only come with the big CRM monsters.

James Pollard

One of the best CRMs I've ever used

Reviewed 2017-12-28

Capsule has allowed me to keep track of all my leads and prospects. Because I can see how I've interacted with them in the past, I'm able to tailor my follow-up process to ensure a higher conversion rate. Capsule paid for itself in a very short period of time.

Pros
I love the fact that Capsule is one of the easiest CRMs to use. One of the reasons salespeople don't use CRMs is because they feel overwhelmed or because there's a huge learning curve. Not with Capsule. It's easy to learn and they also have a really cool app that allows you to track your contacts directly from your phone, which means you can stay on top of your sales process.

Cons
I think that the free plan should allow a little bit more than the 250 contacts it currently offers, but other than that there aren't really any cons.

Scott Friend

I use this daily as a CRM for my small business contacts, and love how quick and easy it is to use.

Reviewed 2017-11-08

Easy note taking which facilitates better interaction with my clients. I love the central location of all my info and that I can access it on my smart devices too.

Pros
I love how easy it is to complete just about any task imaginable. I make a LOT of notes for my customer accounts, and I love how each note can have any number of file attachments to them, but all the attachments for ALL the notes are also kept in a different area. Being able to integrate with my Google Apps account is a BIG plus, as is the ability to have emails I send instantly saved to customer records without me doing anything. Creating custom fields is also a breeze and makes my life a lot easier.

Cons
I really don't like the huge gap between a free account and a professional account. They need to increase storage limits AND create a plan between free and professional price points for smaller businesses. This is what really holds me back from doing more with this software, and keeps me in the market for different software constantly.

Mauro Pugliese

An "Honest and Basic" CRM for sme

Reviewed 2016-12-08

Capsule is an easy to use CRM with all the "basic" necessary features to manage your customers / prospects and their history It is the centralized place where you can store all your customers / prospects contacts and manage them. You need other specialized tools if you want to manage completely the pipeline, the sales cycle, the service tickets There some good integrations but limited. All the rest should be managed via API

Pros
Easy to use Nice integration with Socials to retrive people information (pictures) Some basic easy to use integration with msot popular tools like Mailchimp, Xero, Zendesk Good the App for iOS

Cons
Limited tools integration No a really solution to manage sales cycles and tickects

Jason Briggs

Stands out from the crowd

Reviewed 2016-10-10

Having used a number of CRMs, Capsule has stood out as an excellent all round package. The interface is accessible and easy to navigate, whilst the settings are in-depth enough to allow for professional alterations tailored to any particular cause. We are a charity and use it to track our philanthropic relationships, donations and overall workload. One of it's best features is how easy it is to assign and track tasks, and manage multiple shared relationships and communications across a large team. Thanks to Capsule, I know for certain it's helped us to better achieve our goals.

Pros
It can be tailored to a significant extent Easy to track relationships and communications Easy to assign and track tasks Nice light easy to navigate interface

Cons
It's export functionalities and query are somewhat limited

Rosi Munoz

Capsule: Simple But Powerful

Reviewed 2015-03-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Capsule is flexible, easy to grasp, and fairly straightforward. But if you want to dig deeper and use all the features and strategies, you can absolutely get more out of it. It made the whole concept of a CRM come alive for me. It's also really affordable! Other CRMs are more powerful (and harder to learn) but there's no way our company could've afforded those.

Cons
I wish that they had a way to label an individual as being employed at more than one company, and recording past employers. A more detailed walkthrough of "cases" would be really useful, since that's what people ask me about the most (and don't seem to understand, for whatever reason). Also, it would be amazing if Capsule had tutorial videos on their YouTube channel, like a lot of other CRM companies do. Finally, user permissions would be nice (but not something that is a particularly sore spot--you get what you pay for).

Anonymous

Been using Capsule for over two years, and it's easy to track leads, clients and tasks per project.

Reviewed 2018-05-28

Cost efficient way to keep daily tasks organized.

Pros
The best thing about Capsule is how helpful it is with keeping me organized. We have over 100 clients that I need to keep track of. With each client at a different phase, it could become overwhelming to keep track of all of the details. Capsule helps me stay on top of everything

Cons
Tracking emails is a little cumbersome. I BCC a capsule email address associated with a project. When a client replies to that email the BCC is not copied, so that email does not get tracked. I could copy the email address, but that is not something I want the client to see,

Anonymous

One of the best CRM solutions

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Pros
Many years ago before I used Capsule, I researched up and down different CRM solutions. Capsule was the most reasonable as far as pricing goes, and their interface and features is one of the best. It's a powerful CRM that allows a lot of customizations, which is what I need. I highly recommend Capsule! They're always listening to users and coming up with new features that make the CRM better and better through time.

Cons
Honestly, I don't really have much to complain about Capsule!

Fritz Frohlke

Great CRM for B2B relations

Reviewed 2018-11-08

Fantastic. Enter customer data once migrates automatically to xero for invoicing and manages our mailing lists in mail chimp.

Pros
Its easy to use free of feature creep that so many CRM suffer from. We are a B2B business and Capsule does everything you want it to do. The support is fantastic and really needs 10 stars not 5. Its easy to configure has all the integrations with Xero and mail chimp we need and its fast.

Cons
Some of the fields require opening and saving as opposed to modern just enter fields.

Harry James

Great lightweight CRM

Reviewed 2016-11-07

Capsule CRM is a great lightweight CRM which lets you get started straight away. It's simple to set up and a very good CRM when you're first getting started. It's got great integrations between systems, a hook up to XERO which is very handy to see invoices that are attached to the client. The other great part is the custom functionality you can build into the system, it takes a little bit of time but its really worth it. The only thing that stops me from using it now is it's not a marketing automation tool and our business needs a crm+MA in one software.

Pros
Easy to use Very little Setup Great integrations

Cons
Not a marketing automation + CRM

Murray Cowell

Simple, easy to use CRM software

Reviewed 2018-11-03

Capsule is a really simple, straightforward CRM for small businesses. It's reasonably good value for money, easy to use, and very useful for tracking your sales, customers and prospects.

Pros
Intuitive UI Easy to use Uncomplicated Email dropbox

Cons
Could do with more options to prioritise tasks - they just get served up in date order, irrespective of whether or not they are important. This makes the task feature effectively unusable.

Anonymous

Simple and smart CRM solution for startups!

Reviewed 2018-04-27

Pros
The interface is simple but modern and intuitive. The bundled mobile app is convenient on the go. Integration with Xero and Google suite is just perfect. It syncs with Google contacts, Gmail integration feels like it's built-in, no need to install and maintain pesky Chrome extensions! There's also Google tasks integration that we plan to explore. With Xero, we can sync customer information and manage it solely in Capsule. Invoices and overdue payments can also be seen in one place inside Capsule.

Cons
As a startup who explores and experiments with business processes a lot, changing requirements also needs fast solutions. Capsule integration with third-party apps is really good but not perfect. Capsule lets you use their app however you please and does not suggest best practices out of the box. This freedom can sometimes lead to a lot of research, analysis paralysis, and being stuck. We reached that point but customer support was so awesome that they went out of their way to walk us through the most viable solution available.

The perfect CRM for start ups and fast growing SMBs

Reviewed 2018-11-08

Capsule is one of the cornerstones of our sales organisation.

Pros
Good value for money, quick setup, reasonably customizable, easy to use. Good integration with G-Mail and Mailchimp.

Cons
Bulk editing was a bit weak for a long time, but got massively improved this year (2018). Integration through Zapier with our accounting software Bexio doesn't support our use cases.