Maintenance Care Reviews

4.35/5 (23 reviews)

Joshua Roberts

Best Maintenance Request System EVER!!!

Reviewed 2018-09-05

Transitioning into an existing Facilities Department that has a rudimentary maintenance request and tracking system has proven to be more challenging than expected. Maintenance Care and their outstanding service and software has been instrumental in shifting the culture of paper requests and tracking systems to an environment and user friendly, web-based, electronic system within our organization. The enhanced communication and instant request tracking system has allowed for greater clarity in the submitted requests. The tracking and reporting abilities within the Maintenance Care software have been able to provide additional details when it comes to analyzing the assigned tasks prioritizing the tasks and tracking labor and repair costs. This software is truly a blessing for our organization.

Pros
The software and system is easy to use and configure. The enhanced communication with email notifications of received & completed tasks has been extremely helpful. Being able to provide documents and pictures with the maintenance requests has proven to be very successful and helpful for out team. Some of our favorite features of the software includes the tracking, reporting and analyzing the tasks, priority levels, areas etc...

Cons
There are very few additional features that could enhance the software. Adding additional email notifications when changes are made to the task would be a benefit. Allowing for more flexibility and/or additional features with the maintenance request submission form could allow for additional uses of the software.

Teresa Hays

IMCare.. YOU NEED IT!

Reviewed 2019-08-06

IMCare is allowing better communication with our commercial tenants, better time management and a clearer tracking path.

Pros
The software provides great interactive functions that the tenant, the office and field techs can all communicate. Has certainly made us more efficient with our business.

Cons
They are developing add ons to the program so sometimes you wait for the next wave.

KD GOLAN

Used for Resort Maintenance

Reviewed 2019-05-23

I think that either MCare has a lot of great things to offer! If the app could just be fixed that would make the team less frustrated and their jobs easier, and if we could tweak a few things for our non user customers so that they are not annoyed then we would be golden!

Pros
Desktop version makes it easy to see all of the history on each hotel unit (lots of filtering options is great) Easy to see the progress of team mates - ie. where the electrician is at on a particular job or if our purchaser has ordered parts yet Pretty good options to customize our request form for our needs

Cons
The app needs some work to make it function better for us. As it is it's quite frustrating for the team that is out on the resort on tools and not in an office - app rarely notifies us of a new task and rarely updates/refreshes. Often pulling down to refresh does not work and so we have to constantly close and reopen the app all day otherwise tasks build up without us knowing and then we're behind and guests are left waiting -no way to do a search for individual units, only by building. For example- if we are in a room and there is a problem with the fireplace and we want to see if there was any previous issues you can't search for it but instead have to go through 150+ tasks from the previous 4 weeks for that particular building looking for any tasks related to that unit -Frustrations from our customers- there is no way way to filter their search as non users when clicking the "task update" button on the request page. Our outside vacation management companies can not look for tasks that are only related to them but instead have to go through ALL of our tasks that we have going on. It would also be great if the requester not only got email confirmations regarding task being created and then task being closed, but also every time notes were made or it was modified in any way. Sometimes we have to leave a task as pending as we have parts on order or other, but they have no way of being notified that we've been there, temporarily fixed it and ordered parts.

Response from Maintenance Care

Hi KD,
Thanks for the review. Some of things you are mentioning on the App are in our next update launching this month. We are allowing you to sort on your task list which I know is going to be a big win for navigating through your tasks. As for visitors reviewing tasks that they have submitted, we have to be careful to allow them to only search the recent tasks that they have submitted - I wouldn't think our customers would want a wide open search capability for users without Log In access. Happy to discuss further with you, I will have someone connect with you.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Rhianne Boa

Great support

Reviewed 2019-05-21

We have solved huge problems related to communicating on task exsistance, progress, parts needed, completion date and by who and when. I link invoices to tasks in comments and therefore track what we buy and need to invoice out for each task which also alerts employees to the arrival of parts. We can check our assigned to list and know who has the ball on tasks. The customer support is always there and friendly even if they cannot do anything to solve the problem:)

Pros
The ease of tracking jobs. the variety of search options and trackable inputs. The ability to assign jobs and track progress. The idea of having all information in one place. The top result is a way more streamlined way to communicate with the whole team on a variety of aspects.

Cons
It is unrefined. The usability of the app (there is no way to search)Also, no way for 3rd parties to search the request look-up page list. The spacing in the notes! and how new comments are added to top and bottom inconsistently. There are millions of small improvements that could be attended to that would make my job twice as nice, for instance, reports to be able to be auto generated with details included. Parts list population via excel import (rather than 2 weeks of manual input). There is no way to track billed and non billed tasks and I can't use the invoicing feature due to lack of PST. Also invoicing cannot split coding/costs for parts and labour. I was led to believe that my guys on the ground would have access to a wiki of information about assets and common problems but they cannot even access the space center from their mobile devices.

Response from Maintenance Care

Hi Rhianne,
Thanks for the comments. I will try to respond to some of your comments on here (but there is a limit of characters), but I think many of your concerns can be addressed by speaking with one of our Support Techs (I will have one connect with you).

The notes spacing issue on the app was a bug that is fixed, the Parts Excel upload is available. There is a way to track Billed or non-Billed jobs using Task Class, and your team should be able to access attached documents from the app, so I'm not sure why they are not able to. Again, I'm guessing our Support Techs may be able to help here.

I am confident that we are able to resolve most if not all of your issues listed.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Keegan O'Brien

Reviewed 2019-05-22

Communication, and effective time management.

Pros
This is a great work order task manager and having vendors all in one space. I love the feature of having a link for everyone to submit work orders.

Cons
From Building Management prospective, I would love to see an inventory tracker to be able to keep track of assets far better. I am looking for an alternative solution to keep track of my keys. I have over 1,600 keys to keep track off.

Response from Maintenance Care

Hi Keegan,

Inventory and Parts management is included in your membership. Go to Cabinet/Parts and you will be able to start there. Hope that helps

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Robert Marquez

My review of Maintenance Care Program

Reviewed 2019-08-14

Maintenance staff has started to be aware of issues that were not being reported by supporting staff members. Work orders that were being written down were getting lost in the shuffle and problems were getting overlooked. With Maintenance Care, we get all of our work orders online and we can easily track any problems, and/or keep track of reoccurring issues.

Pros
The ease of being able to navigate through the program. Very simple to use. Customer support is always checking to see if we have any problems, making sure we are getting what we need out of the system.

Cons
Having to log back in after being idle for a while, which is really not a big issue.

Mark Leone

Maintenance Care Overview

Reviewed 2019-05-21

It has been a fairly good experience over all it is a great tool to use and defiantly has a lot of potential to expand on its software in aspects on how it is used and what it is used for there is room to expand on its capabilities and how to better use it in everyday applications like for auditing room cleaning etc.

Pros
The program is great for keeping track of work orders, assets and equipment, how much time is spent on each task (Validates how much time we spend a day on each project and the time it takes and where our time is dedicated to), cost analysis of spending that is occurring on each project or if its an overspend and its time to look at replacement instead of repair,

Cons
System is to slow to close off work orders once you get past 6 or 7 or I have experienced anyways the system starts to slow down its there any way to put them in to make it faster to close them out (I Know it has something to do with our internet service as well)

Response from Maintenance Care

HI Mark,

Our connection speeds are always tested and are among the fastest in the industry. If you are having some lag issues, it could be various things like browser settings or as you mentioned, internet connection.

I will have a customer support team member connect with you to help you make sure you get the speed delivered to you that is sent from our servers.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Maurice Lamontagne

Parkview

Reviewed 2014-02-21

Great product. Mobile app is a time saver for maintenance team. Setup relevantly simple. Report features allow for easy review of work order type, duration, number of orders. Easy for line staff to enter work orders Help feature is difficult to use and drill down to find help for specific topics. I'd like a BB 10 app. Would be nice to have generic wording for scheduled tasks. EG: Caution: BEFORE PERFORMING ANY MAINTENANCE - Notify necessary personnel prior to stopping and starting equipment. - Ensure equipment is isolated using proper Tag and Lockout procedures. - Ensure any pressurized components are properly isolated / drained. - Wear appropriate personal protective equipment 1. Check general condition and note any damage to components. 2. Check fan belts for wear/tension. Check sheaves for alignment/wear. Adjust/replace as necessary. 3. Inspect fan shaft locking collar for security (if fitted) and ensure grub screws are tight. 4. Clean the fan, blades and motor housing as necessary. 5. Check motor for any signs of vibration or overheating. 6. Ensure mounting bolts, nuts etc. are tight and vibration isolation springs and supports in good condition. 7. Check condition of cooling coil, clean as required. 8. Check condition of the air filter, replace as necessary. 9. Check/Clean condensate pump (if fitted), clean pump pan as required. Check condensate pump high limit operation. I would recommend.

Response from Maintenance Care

Hi Maurice: Just wanted to let you know that we do have generic wording for scheduled tasks. I can help you with that if you want. Also, we do have a BB10 App!! Let me know if I can help. Dan

Kristine schonberg

My experience

no issues

Pros
easy to use our maint person gets it right away we don't have to chase him

Cons
I don't have any problems but the maint person drives him crazy on his day off or holiday must be a way to program system that it can take messages but he can get them the following day or back from holidays

Response from Maintenance Care

Hi Kristine,

For maintenance techs on vacation, they can set the Do Not Disturb on their accounts. Hope that helps.

Ronnie Chong

It is a fast, simple and efficient system that is worth the cost.

Reviewed 2017-09-22

Communication between departments has been streamlined by using one system.

Pros
The features and functionality, the system allows us to prioritize and address all issues in a timely manner.

Cons
Cannot display Chinese words due to some of our staff do not understand English well. Hope Maintenance Care will improve this area.

Gerrit Bredenkamp

Maintenance Care CMMS software review

Reviewed 2014-02-21

After a short evaluation and pilot process, our product of choice was CMMS from Maintenance Care. Implementation was completed mid 2013 across 19 of our Seniors Care Facilities. Short term results and successes far exceeded our expectations. Much of this can be attributed to the ongoing support from the Maintenace Care team, they have been phenominal. What we like most about this product is that it fits particularly well with the requirements and demands synonomous with Seniors Care. It is also very user friendly but, perhaps most important is that in our case, it encouraged participation from all levels of our staff through the service desk concept, which in our view is one of the corner stones of this product. From that perspective, facility maintenance has become a colaborate effort in our Company to the direct benefit of deserving Residents. As improvements to enhance what is already a very good system, we would like to see bar coding as well as an auditing module in the near future. Over all, we are more than satisfied with our choice of product as well as our association with Maintenance Care as a Company.

David Jaccarino

Maintenance Care Review

Reviewed 2018-09-07

Needed a work order system that was simple to use with minimal training for students, faculty and staff at Florida Memorial University. Maintenance Care met this requirement with flying colors, we were up and running within days. Quality product with exceptional technical support.

Pros
Very User Friendly! Maintenance Care Work Order System is very easy to use and deploy. We were up and running in no time once we decided on Maintenance Care. We have only received exceptional and professional customer care and service from training to technical support.

Cons
We went live with Maintenance Care in July 2018 and we currently have experienced no issues with the software or support.

Melchisdec Waples

Goodwill Industries Of Central Oklahoma

Reviewed 2019-06-20

Pros
The overall all operation and the cost.

Cons
The customer support is very slow and it take a long time for updates.

leon deluca

Great software program

Reviewed 2014-02-21

I have been working with the MC software program for many years now, it is simple to use, it keeps me informed of all activities in my building. Any preventive work that is needed, let it be in house or contracted out, is never missed, with the easy schedule set up. with many departments within my operation, the MC software, brings great communication, and keeps all involved, informed. I have worked with many other types of Maintenance software, and this one is by far my system of choice. The support from Maintenancecare tech team, is fabulous, real people, with answers. It is a cost saving tool also, one thing I come to discover, is the more you put in to it, in way of set up and utilizing all function, it deliverers great results in trend and reports

Adam Meesey

Best Program for Managing Maintenance Requests

Reviewed 2018-04-25

Pros
This program allows all users to quickly alert me when something needs attention. I receive an email and able to record the action & give notes about why and if additional service is needed.

Cons
I really don't have any cons about this program. The free version works well for my needs and all users are able to access this program.

Tim Bob

not the easiest

Reviewed 2019-05-22

Pros
That it an electronic platform, I can access from anywhere

Cons
I have not found a way to put deadlines on projects that I put in the system

Response from Maintenance Care

Hi Tim,
Sorry you are not satisfied with your usage of the system.

That being said, you are using an older Edition called 'Basic Edition' which we do not sell anymore. In order to gain the functionality you desire, you would need to upgrade to the Enterprise Edition.

It isn't that much more in cost, so let us know if you want more details.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Erica Doyle

Reviewed 2018-09-04

So far so good! Everyone in our business is utilizing maintenance care and everyone likes it.

Pros
It organizes all of our work orders. I recently took the webinar for reports and love that there are so many options.

Cons
There are no cons that stick out to me right now

Lisa Doyle

maintenance care

Reviewed 2019-06-04

Pros
the documentation tracking and the accountability to help meet regulatory RHRA regulations

Cons
no sure accept that our residents/ families do not have access

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Dermot McDermott

Kiltipper Woods Care Centre Dublin 24 Ireland.

Reviewed 2014-02-21

We have been using Maintenance Care for the past 8 weeks. The use of the software has enhances the speed at which an issue gets to the Maintenance Department and the issue addressed. Also from a management point of view it allows me to track issues and their correction on a real time basis. We are presently loading our asset log on to the system and expect to be tracking the costs relating to the specific items by the end of June.

JESSE BADILLO

Awesome App

Reviewed 2014-03-19

I found this app after searching for the right one. This app is user friendly and has alot to offer. I really enjoy using it everyday and so do my team. At first they were a bit intimidated because it was new to them. Now they really enjoy it. I recommend it and the team at Maintenance care has been extremely helpful from day one.

Scott Walsh

Great Product

Reviewed 2014-02-21

Maintenance Care has been a great product for our business. It has simplified our preventative maintenance program and gives staff quick access to reporting maintenance concerns. We also use their asset tool and this has allowed us to track all our assets in one easy to use system. We would recommend Maintenance Care to anyone.

Darrell Bennett

Maintenance Care program Review

Reviewed 2015-03-20

this system is great, i like that it is user friendly and keeps track of systems and expenses in each area. Easy to track and great customer service. Willing to help always - thanks Susan

Ken Newman

Reviewed 2014-02-25

By far the best work order system I have ever used!