Formstack Documents

Document generation tool for teams

Formstack Documents Reviews

Pros

I have some technical ability, but that was from years ago. I was able to set this up quickly, and the final details that I needed help, customer support stepped up and were great.

Freddys G.

I like how easy it is to use with form software such as Formstack. Their customer support is amazing.

Ann T.

The support and response is excellent. It is extremely good value for money.

david n.

Cons

We experience tech issues if more that one user is in the account and sometimes saving is a problem with error messages.

Jessica C.

I almost gave up on infusionsoft because the in app quote tool was so terrible. After months of searching I found the Http post sync between infusionsoft and webmerge.

Mark G.

Kévin F.

Easy to use and reliable. In the two years we been using this software, nil complains.

Webmerge made our application process so easier. Thanks for developing this sort of software for the public.

Pros

I like how it made our recruitment efforts seamless. gaining more interest from potential students. and it was easy to set up. Afterwards, its nice to monitor on the mobile app.

Cons

the designing of the templates could be more interchangeable. and it is on the pricey side. also the billing was sort of a challenge to figure out. For instance, we were confused about the increase and decrease from month to month because it was basically a yearly plan buy was charged monthly. As a organization that gets audited yearly, we had to explain this finding as we lost track of the changes the first time we used it.

A Powerful, Flexible Platform

We love it. It has opened up a ton of doors for automated processes. We waited for years for a combination of products like Formstack Forms and Formstack Documents that fulfilled all of our use cases.

Pros

The most important aspect of Formstack Documents is how flexible it is. I was looking for something that could check a ton of boxes, and Formstack Documents coupled with the Formstack Forms product enables us to easily ingest data and output attractive documents ready to be presented to customers. The options for output are also extensive, enabling you to push your document to hundreds of different other software products.

Cons

Formstack Documents used to be Webmerge, and while the product was and still is excellent, I'm waiting for them to make the integration between Forms and Documents more seamless. I also wouldn't mind seeing the licensing model change to be per user/designer as opposed to per document.

Functionality okay, integration lacking

Overall, my end users have a good experience with Formstack Documents as we utilise it through Salesforce. Therefore they do not have to experience the pains that I do as an admin. (Webmerge noted below as this was the previous software prior to it being bought by Formstack and converted to Formstack Documents, this i believe is what lead to the account issues mentioned. Support was poor throughout conversion)

Pros

Once setup with your document template you can be confident this product will be fit for purpose. Good level of resources available for understanding document and template creation, ideal to have a software partner to configure in initial instance if no background using merge style fields/software.

Cons

Integration with other formstack products. Still to this day when i login to Formstack i am unable to access all of the different products in my stack without constant errors. As a user of Formstack Forms, Documents & Sign, the ability to switch between the products and utilise the data from the others, is highly lacking. Support for this has also been extremely lacking, appears to be the result of Formstack purchasing other solutions and attempting to integrate within their own.

WebMerge creates clean professional reports. Tech support is great!

Clean professional looking reports that can be automatically distributed with ease.

Pros

I few years ago our department began using Formstack for yearly performance evaluations. We wanted an on-line solution that was easy to use and produced professional documents. Formstack was easy to use, but the end product was not what we hoped for. I found WebMerge integrated with Formstack very nicely and the software produced an end product that was professional looking and easy to read. We were able to import our logo and arrange the document that worked best for our needs. WebMerge also gave us the capability of forwarding these reports automatically to command staff. We now use WebMerge for Training Requests and to reports incidents, injuries or damage that occurs at our facilities.

Cons

The first templates I created was a little confusing for me as I had no experience with "formulas" or creating templates for importing data fields. Tech support was great and helped me every step of the way.

A reliable tool for everyone

I would recommend it to everyone especially if you are in the field of recruiting that requires a lot of documents that needs a signature of the candidate. It makes my work so easy, same for the candidates by just clicking the document they can instantly sign the documents.

Pros

* Can send documents instantly * Can save templates that you can easily send to the candidates * Candidates can easily electronically sign the Documents needed for their application * Easy to use

Cons

So far I don't see any problems with Formstack, it has been a great help to recruiters like me especially if we need the candidates to electronically sign a certain documents.

Extremely Valuable Software

Pros

Webmerge has streamlined our business processes and saved us money, increased accuracy, and increased speed. The integrations with docusign make sending contracts out for signature absolutely seamless. In addition, the integration with Zapier makes Webmerge infinitely configurable.

Cons

None, The software is very well designed and is reliable. We have not ran into any issues. Customer service is very prompt, so even if there were any issues, they would be addressed within minutes.

Makes document creation super easy from the data you already have

Trying to create documents where you need to output a specific option based on the inputs you have is very time-consuming. Formstack take all that away and it's pretty much the only tool that can handle those complex logic paths. Excellent.

Pros

Easy to get started and design your documents the way you want them to look. Pull in the data from multiple sources and it all happens super fast. The Airtable integration makes sit a breeze. The conditional visibility function is incredible for complex document creation based on multiple input options.

Cons

Can be a little expensive and the pricing options can be confusing, but the value it brings to creating large numbers of documents or very complex documents makes it a must-have.

very good automation tool to stop using paper and avoid manual processes

Pros

WebMerge is a good automation tool for companies, where we avoid those long documentation processes. ideal to save time, money and avoid mistakes. with WebMerge we just have to create a template, either in: PDF, Word, Excel and many more ... where we can use these templates and choose a means of delivery through their mail integration or other applications in the cloud. What is most striking about WebMerge is that it includes ideal integrations for cloud storage and shipping. such as: Google Drive, Salesdorce, box .... WebMerge is a valuable tool to grow a business, it helps us automate tedious document processes and makes our company work in a more professional way. You can try WebMerge for free and detail all your documentation of what this tool can do

Cons

When using WebMerge for the first time we can find it difficult, it should include better tutorials to become familiar with all its tools. We can try this application for free, but then it is paid and can be expensive in some cases

Easy integration with Airtable

Formstack's customer service is fantastic. They are responsive, kind, professional, and take the time to understand customer needs in order to provide solution support.

Pros

Integration with Airtable works really well. The customizable delivery options offered makes a big difference. Having the ability to insert field tags into the delivery email template subject line and email body is very helpful. Customer service is fantastic.

Cons

The price tiers are the most disappointing aspect of the product. The 3x jump from the first tier to the second tier is hard to accept as justified from the customer side. There are lots of different price models / charts on the web that creates confusion - most likely for the different features/products offered by Formstack, but it causes perception to be less than polished. The UI/UX could use some work, but it is easy to use and is well organized.

WebMerge - enhancing our internal system and customer interactions

Positive, clean, efficient, to the point, easy and straightforward.

Pros

It easily integrates with Zapier and our Kintone platform. This allows us to streamline our processes even further; including customer interaction.

Cons

It does require a tad bit of programming to handle attachment fields - but it's certainly not a deal-breaker.

Formstack has become a trusted partner!

We are saving time and resources by implementing this solution. I'm very pleased with Formstack Documents.

Pros

Formstack's suite of products has revolutionized our daily operations. Formstack Documents, specifically, has allowed us to integrate and create documents digitally based on information gathered with Formstack Forms. The integration with Formstack Sign allows us to capture signatures on these documents and the Stash add-on is the best value in cloud based document storage I've encountered! Overall, I couldn't be more happy with Formstack's suite of products.

Cons

No real cons from me. The one piece that would be great is if a dynamic picture could be integrated. We use this product for our application process and it would be great if we could have the applicants upload a photo and that photo display (not the link to the photo) in the document that is created.

Outstanding solution for merging data into your documents

I have been looking for a way to get the data from the gravity forms and merge it to the excel docs, based on the conditional rules; then convert it to PDF and email customer a copy combined with other documents that I have stored in another location, all in one request. Well, I found it - WebMerge. I love how it combines flexibility allowing for rather complex design but with very logical and user friendly interface. In addition to that - support for this product is just incredible. I so appreciated that I quickly got help when I really needed it. Sincerely and strongly recommend!

Pros

It's capabilities, it met all the needs in one software, from merging, to combining with other documents, to even placing a delay on delivery. I only have two months of web designing experience and I was able to configure and accomplish my goal. Not that it's very easy to use but it's logical, and it's the matter of following the rules. I really appreciate the outstanding support of this product.

Cons

It takes time to test it and to get your document to look right after PDF conversion from Excel. It's not so much as a problem but expect it to be a time consuming process of setting it up right.

Makes creating a professional looking form such as invoices so much easier to do saving hours.

Saves so much time.

Pros

A great time saver creating custom built forms such as invoices, contracts a database or from a spreadsheet. Webmerge has saved my company many hours of work. The support and response is excellent. It is extremely good value for money.

Cons

Currently not able to automatically create multiple line invoices using Zapier. I still have to download a spreadsheet and manually upload to Webmerge. It will only work automatically if there is 1 line on data or say a contract where it just picks up the data items. It still requires development with Zapier to accept multiple lines. I can only use 1 login for everything which means I can not allocate certain merges to logins

Great way to automate document creation

The software is easy to use and very robust and powerful. We did run into one issue where some internal code with Microsoft Word was creating errors, and their customer service team worked tirelessly until we figured it out.

Pros

This was the only software I found (after exhaustive research) that could do everything I wanted, namely, create a fully customized document (using not just field filling, but logic expressions) using data input from a form on my website.

Cons

They limit both the number of documents you can have in a plan and the number of document creations (and if one document is created and both emailed and stored in the stash, it counts as two creations). So you get bumped up into the next expensive price tier without doing much.

Lowering human error

With Webmerge we have lowered the human errors in making document packages. Manually combining document sets and trying to make sure everyone in your team uses the right format for documents is a thing of the past! No more inconsistencies or funny looking documents! Yay!

Pros

It's easy to use and there are so many possibilities!

Very useful tool

Great - once we finalized our document forms, it's a set it and forget it tool. The documents are immediately generated and in the hands of the appropriate recipients. It saves a ton of manual work.

Pros

We use formstack docs integrated with Smartsheet. It's very useful and time saving in creating automatic communications based on Smartsheet submissions.

Cons

The set-up process was harder than expected to get the documents just right.

Webmerge is a solution to a lot of administration issues for non-profits like ourselves.

Savings in time, administration resources and the ability to merge Webmerge with Zapier to handle a lot of our donation receipts, subscriptions and invoicing easily and quickly.

Pros

Creating a word document and then using zapier and webmerge has saved us time and money. And saving money is vital for non-profits!!

Cons

Really don't have any cons apart from maybe the new pricing structure. A tier for smaller users would encourage more companies to try webmerge.

Webmerge is a gem

Our company has been using webmerge for a few years now. We use it for all of our reporting. The implementation for automated text assembly is extremely easy to use. We also use it to generate tables in documents and insert figures. All of these features are seamless with our Podio project management system now. Nothing but excellent things to say about Webmerge!

Pros

Easy of use with Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Seamless integration with Podio and Zapier.

Cons

Complex table generation is somewhat cumbersome, but honestly haven't found a better cloud solution unless you're willing to set up a server and apply custom code.

We use this software as an extension to Pipedrive to quickly generate documents.

Fast and systematic document generation, high versatility along with very nice integration with other software or web services.

Pros

We like the strong versatility of this software thanks to its ability to fully read the data provided by the API of the software it integrates with. The conditional formatting of the documents is really thorough, allowing us to make elaborate documents for which the information is adapted to the user. It requires very low maintenance once your setup is done. Delivery options are vast and very well made: for instance, you can deliver your documents to Dropbox, which is neat. The data routing feature is also amazing to quickly discernate which document template should be used based on a set of predefined conditions.

Cons

The triggering and delivery behavior can sometimes be erratic depending on how quick the user does the trigger event for document generation. However, this is minor and the problem rarely manifests itself. Otherwise, I did not find anything impacting my workflow negatively with this web service.

All our salespeople files are done through Webmerge

We are a sales organization with hundreds of agents in an industry with a relatively moderate level of agent rotation (real estate brokerage). We use webmerge and formstack to automate our entire agent recruiting, on-boarding, and compliance process, which includes the generation and delivery, based on logic, of at least 30 documents, ranging from W9s, policy acknowledgements, direct desposit authorization...

Outstanding labour reducing tool

Labour reduction

Pros

1) Easy interface 2) Awesome support 3) It just works 4) Wide ranging compatibility 5) Works with Zapier to expand possibilities

Cons

rice seems high, until you compare the cost of the manual work saved. They have gone for a value based billing model and I dont blame them.

Easy to use and GREAT customer support!

Great looking reports from our formstack submissions.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use with form software such as Formstack. Their customer support is amazing!

Cons

making form data look pretty in webmerge can be pretty complicated and not intuitive at all, and require help from WEbmerge

Great service, Stellar support

I've been using WebMerge for the past few years to merge proposals from our CRM. It has removed the tedious task of copying/pasting customer data into proposals, greatly improving the efficiency of our sales process. WebMerge's great service is only surpassed by its stellar support. Beyond its robust help articles and community content, I have received almost immediate responses to any submitted support requests - which adequately answer any pending questions. I would highly recommend this software.

Pros

Ease of use, stellar support.

Cons

Nothing.

Fantastic software that has literally transformed the way we engage clients

Automation and efficiency boosts

Pros

I love the ease of customisation. I don't need to be an advanced programmer to achieve amazing automation. If you have any questions, just ask the customer rep and he'll steer you in the right direction. We use the software to create a document and receive signatures from clients accepting our quote. Upon signing, the customer receives a signed copy of the document and the signed document is then automatically uploaded to Dropbox.

Cons

There is an initial learning curve, but that is expected for such a comprehensive service.

Best Customer Service & Development I've experienced!!

This is the easiest, best, and most valuable tool to integrate with Knack to create PDF's and fillable forms for our Company's information. I've used many CRM's and other software and had given up on getting forms for our data. WebMerge has changed all that. Jeremy has provided extremely fast and efficient customer service throughout my experience. He's even responded during holidays and weekends which keeps me going on my projects and efforts! I hired WebMerge to build a Template and it was very economical and now I use it as a guide to build my own templates. I'm a "roofer" but my documents look as professional as any organizations'!

Pros

Excellent customer services!! Easy to use. Reliability is awesome. Test mode is create to save merges while developing.

Cons

I've built beautiful documents with no coding experience but more documentation or examples could have helped.