Formstack Documents Logo

Document generation tool for teams

Formstack Documents Reviews

Suggested alternatives

jotform-4-0
pandadoc
jotform-sign

I like how easy it is to use with form software such as Formstack. Their customer support is amazing.
I have some technical ability, but that was from years ago. I was able to set this up quickly, and the final details that I needed help, customer support stepped up and were great.
I so appreciated that I quickly got help when I really needed it. Sincerely and strongly recommend.
We experience tech issues if more that one user is in the account and sometimes saving is a problem with error messages.
However, this is minor and the problem rarely manifests itself. Otherwise, I did not find anything impacting my workflow negatively with this web service.

TM

Tim M.

Outstanding labour reducing tool

Labour reduction

Pros

1) Easy interface 2) Awesome support 3) It just works 4) Wide ranging compatibility 5) Works with Zapier to expand possibilities

Cons

rice seems high, until you compare the cost of the manual work saved. They have gone for a value based billing model and I dont blame them.

DC

Daniel C.

All our salespeople files are done through Webmerge

We are a sales organization with hundreds of agents in an industry with a relatively moderate level of agent rotation (real estate brokerage). We use webmerge and formstack to automate our entire agent recruiting, on-boarding, and compliance process, which includes the generation and delivery, based on logic, of at least 30 documents, ranging from W9s, policy acknowledgements, direct desposit authorization...

JC

Jessica C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Decent Product

We use Formstack to manage all our intake registration forms, applications and other forms for our annual conference

Pros

Easy to create and develop simple forms to more complex intake forms, surveys and other documents that streamline the work process

AJ

Aaron James S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Simple and easy to use contract generation tool

We use this in tandem with InvestorFuse to set up contract generation and it works flawlessly. It is a great partner and the capability to integrate with other e-signature platforms and not be tied down to the Formstack ecosystem is a big plus.

Pros

- Excellent integration capabilities with different platforms such as CRMs and e-signature providers. - Multiple-use cases, very flexible with delivery options - Documentation was straightforward and relatively easy to setup

Cons

- Field naming convention isn't always clear and trying to troubleshoot when something does go wrong can be a bit of hit and miss.

AT

Ann T.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Easy to use and GREAT customer support!

Great looking reports from our formstack submissions.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use with form software such as Formstack. Their customer support is amazing!

Cons

making form data look pretty in webmerge can be pretty complicated and not intuitive at all, and require help from WEbmerge

MK

Micah K.

Animation, 11-50 employees

Great service, Stellar support

I've been using WebMerge for the past few years to merge proposals from our CRM. It has removed the tedious task of copying/pasting customer data into proposals, greatly improving the efficiency of our sales process. WebMerge's great service is only surpassed by its stellar support. Beyond its robust help articles and community content, I have received almost immediate responses to any submitted support requests - which adequately answer any pending questions. I would highly recommend this software.

Pros

Ease of use, stellar support.

Cons

Nothing.

EV

Eamon V.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Fantastic software that has literally transformed the way we engage clients

Automation and efficiency boosts

Pros

I love the ease of customisation. I don't need to be an advanced programmer to achieve amazing automation. If you have any questions, just ask the customer rep and he'll steer you in the right direction. We use the software to create a document and receive signatures from clients accepting our quote. Upon signing, the customer receives a signed copy of the document and the signed document is then automatically uploaded to Dropbox.

Cons

There is an initial learning curve, but that is expected for such a comprehensive service.

RK

Roger K.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Best Customer Service & Development I've experienced!!

This is the easiest, best, and most valuable tool to integrate with Knack to create PDF's and fillable forms for our Company's information. I've used many CRM's and other software and had given up on getting forms for our data. WebMerge has changed all that. Jeremy has provided extremely fast and efficient customer service throughout my experience. He's even responded during holidays and weekends which keeps me going on my projects and efforts! I hired WebMerge to build a Template and it was very economical and now I use it as a guide to build my own templates. I'm a "roofer" but my documents look as professional as any organizations'!

Pros

Excellent customer services!! Easy to use. Reliability is awesome. Test mode is create to save merges while developing.

Cons

I've built beautiful documents with no coding experience but more documentation or examples could have helped.

VC

Vincent C.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Great Product - Something more companies should be looking at

When I originally started with my current company, I was in the position where I could make changes that would fundamentally change the way we onboard people into our company. Going paperless was the first task I had in mind, and WebMerge made that possible with very little training. The only slight niggle I would have with their system is their account packages, the higher one being less value for money.

RS

Rhett S.

1,001-5,000 employees

WebMerge solves many complex needs

We have implemented the use of WebMerge to reduce the churn of genre laying certain types or change requests (in conjunction with FormStack) as well as using the system to get response records into Salesforce (associated with the corresponding record) and has proven to have significant positive impact on quality, efficiency and service.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality

Cons

Haven't found any

JP

Jeff P.

It does everything you can think of...

I can't say enough good things about WebMerge. We were looking for a tool that would allow us to generate a variety of documents based on our sales and customer data. We were looking to build custom proposals, contracts, templates, etc. I stumbled upon WebMerge and it appeared to do most of what we wanted. After we got it setup, we realized that it did much more than we ever anticipated. We...

MJ

Melissa J.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

E-signature Helper

Pros

The thing I like most about this is how if an insured lives out of town or just isn't able to come into the office then it makes it super easy to just email it over to them and with a few clicks their document is signed.

Cons

I do not have any complaint for the software at the moment.

UH

Ulrich H.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

We use Webmerge together with Podio to create contract documents completely automatic from Podio.

Fully automatic contract and document creation to save a lot of manual work.

Pros

Using Webmerge with Podio is very powerful. The setup was easy thanks to some good examples. Having some programming experience I like very much that the document templates can be with basic PHP methods (if restrictions, string conversion, ...). It allows a very flexible document creation depending on the value of various Podio elements. It is also very comfortable to define certain email delivery actions when a document is created.

Cons

Actually there is really nothing I don't like about Webmerge. Maybe the possibility to check the raw webhooks fired from Podio could be a nice addon.

EU

Eugene U.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Makes Life Awesome!

Sales reps registered a complaint about needing to hand fill service orders, scan and fax them in. Operations tells me I need to place this form online but make final results look exactly like original hard copy. I've got Wufoo on one hand, making life super easy, a non-fillable PDF copy of Service Order on other hand, making life super hard. Then a simple google search finds Webmerge and in a heartbeat I surprise Sales Reps, Operations and get a high five from the president.

Pros

Biggest pro is the people behind this software and their determination to make this painless and quick.

Cons

Doing everything by yourself could be a headache.

GP

Gina P.

Used monthly for 2+ years

WebMerge has been a life saver for me!!

Pros

I like that we can get documents immediately from WebMerge as soon as forms are completed. It was much more user friendly than I had anticipated and the support from The support has always been extremely helpful and he is always quick to respond.

Cons

I would say the thing I like least is that you can't pick up the phone and talk to someone for support. Email is great but sometimes its helpful to be on the phone with someone who can walk through questions with you while you in the tool.

MG

Mark G.

1-10 employees

Webmerge Is a Life Saver!!!

I use Webmerge with Infusionsoft to populate quotes to send to my clients. I almost gave up on infusionsoft because the in app quote tool was so terrible. After months of searching I found the Http post sync between infusionsoft and webmerge. Webmerge populates a custom quote that pulls all the contact data from infusionsoft and pluggs it into the Webmerge PDF quote.

Pros

Works Great now that it is all setup!

Cons

The setup instructions for what I was doing were confusing and took me forever to get working

AS

Anmol S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

A brilliant seamless easy flowing tool

Powerful Cost Effective way to merge with Zapier and create fillable PDFs for our members. Complete control of the procerss.

Pros

It Integrates well with other tools and great practical features. The PDF email feature was straight forward and effective.

Cons

I cannot really find any cons is does what it says on the tin :-). The support model is based on time zones so responses are not a factor.

JR

Jeffrey R.

Law Practice,

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great product, great service!

Our company had a situation where we needed a form and a way to output the form into PDF depending on how our clients answered the form. One of the agencies we work with recommended using WebMerge. We gave it a shot, and WebMerge had all the answers to the problems and situations we had to solve. If we didn't know something, we contacted Customer Support, which helped us along the way. Customer support was stellar by the way; speedy response time, great solutions, and it made the whole service and experience great. Currently, we are still using WebMerge as it works great and still answers our needs for this particular project.

Pros

Easy to use, flexible, customizable, and provides analytics on activities.

Cons

Minor things, like we didn't know out of the box that we could add custom css into the fields.

CJ

Chris J.

1-10 employees

WebMerge review

WebMerge has been great for what I have needed it for, which is transferring info to job applications, from applicants.

Pros

It works! I didn't think it was possible but they did what I wanted.

Cons

None so far

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Webmerge - an amazing time saver tool

Pros

1) it helps us to quickly merge documents. 2) it is user friendly and reliable. 3) best thing is that customer support service is too good.

Cons

This is really a good tool which I highly recommend to all. Price is the only thing which is quite high.

PO

Philip O.

Handling the top end of the funnel

Our business is trade and investment consulting with Russia. We receive a lot of enquiries that don't get beyond initial contact. Mention an actual sum of money and the client drifts away. To prevent wasting time we like to mention money quickly. Webmerge enables us to send data from the enquiry form straight out into a standardised proposal for the enquirers industry following approval. The process takes 10 minutes. It takes 30 on our old system so we only did our Category A & B enquiries. The less appealing were not followed up. Now everyone gets something.

DA

David A.

Huge Time Saver!!!

WebMerg helped me shave 15-20 minutes off our old process. I recommend this service to any Business or Individual that deals with multiple forms on a daily basis. Pros: Saves time and effort when processing forms Great support from customer service (Jeremy Clarke) helped me with any question I had. Cons: Not much here. The initial process will take some time if you're not familiar with creating forms from scratch but once you take time to familiarize yourself with the system, you're good.

CJ

Chris J.

Tremendous help to our biz

Pros

Creates great efficiency for our sales and operational team. We are able to process large quantities of files more quickly so that we can now scale up our marketing.

DG

Dave G.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Integrates perfectly with our CRM and Saves us a LOT of time.

WebMerge saves us so much time that it's unbelievable. Extremely helpful support team as well. Highly highly recommended.

Pros

Easy of use.

Anton T.

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Can be used

Pros

It works and even supports calculations in Excel spreadsheets!

Cons

There are no guarantees it will work tomorrow