ClickUp Logo

Project management, task tracking, & professional goal tools

ClickUp Reviews

4.6

4.1K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.84/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Super easy to use, powerful features, ability to invite guests for FREE, Great technical support, lots of video tutorials available.
ClickUp has some truly inspired design and feels lighter and more fun to use than many other management tools. It's easy to learn and new, useful features are consistently rolled out.
Great experience with the product initially I was a bit hesitant to use and recommend it because I did not know about the product at all but once I started using it I fell in love with it.
Too complex for an individual's needs, sometimes illogical, and a terrible android app is the icing on the cake.
After a few months I still get confused about the sapce/folder/list/task hierarchy and use the wrong terms when describing my "location" in the software.
Sometimes had an error when trying to make a new list and could not find any documentation about the error online.

4,174 reviews

CI

Cassandra I.

Marketing Content Specialist

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

ClickUp Review: User Friendly & Intuitive.

Transcript

Cassandra: My name is Cassandra. I am a market content specialist at Bloom Growth, and our company is...

Allen E.

President

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

ClickUp Review: Jump Right In.

Transcript

Allen E.: Hey, my name's Allen. I'm the owner of a small business and I give ClickUp a five. Prior to...

Denise W.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

It allows flexible team cooperation on daily activities

Organization of a little project. It sits perfectly in the middle of the two extremes: too basic and too complex. When it comes to connecting chores and keeping track of them all in one location, there is no limit to the possibilities. To have all my work documented correctly, it's nice that you can insert comments and embeds, even Genially.

Pros

All of the templates and their adaptability give a clear picture of the possibilities. Fortunately, the Clickup university and other resources, such as videos, make a wealth of learning readily available. This makes it simpler for me to keep track of the many projects on which my team is currently working, allowing me to better allocate resources and time.

Cons

Even if you think you're on a subpage of a document, it might be difficult to tell. It's difficult to see the differences between two templates with the same name.

MF

Maria Fernanda O.

Click up help my business to automate more than 10 processes

Pros

How to start? Click up not only saves my time more than 3 hours per week of manual workload, it also helps me track my team progress in each task I can give them. This tool is truly useful, so useful that now I also use it for my personal life. I'm a huge fan!

Cons

I wish everybody could use again the option to program task creation.

BD

Bing D.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Beware if you plan to subscribe!

Pros

Colourful interface? Not easy to use. Colourful interface? Not easy to use.

Cons

I am deeply disappointed with ClickUp's handling of my recent refund request. I paid for 1 year starting from February 2024, but later found some key features that are not available for my use cases, plus the exported data from ClickUp is not usable which leads to ClickUp is useless for me. I downgraded to the free plan in Jun 2024, despite not using their service for the rest of 8 months, they refused to refund my fees. This lack of flexibility and poor customer support is unacceptable. I expected better from a company that claims to prioritize customer satisfaction. Beware if you plan to subscribe—ClickUp does not honor fair refund practices.

Esteban A.

E-Learning, self-employed

I migrated 2 years ago and it was the best decision

I migrated to clikup from trello and it was an amazing decision because of it's visuals, ease to use and the amount of automations and information I can add about my customers, from how much they owe me, to the fact of knowing how many sessions I conduct in a month according to the part of the world they are in.

Pros

I like the fact that all the functionalities as well as the automations have made my worklife and customer follow-up much easier

Cons

Some of the functions are not so clear to me on how to use them, so I may probably be missing out on better things for my company

AV

Albert V.

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

ClickUp my team

With ClickUp I manage to organize the entire team. No more emails or calls regards certain taks, just see the progress within the app.

Pros

For me and my team ClickUp is fantastic. Everybody has their tasks posted and keeping track of the workflow is made easy. Following up certain task is easy and if there are any updated or issues everybody is updated on time. The mobile app works and is available on both Android and IOS.

Cons

There are many options and sometimes new users can have trouble using it.

GM

George M.

Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 employees

ClickUp the whole team

Very useful app, really helped manage and organize my team. Everyone check clickup in the morning and he know the tasks he needs to do. Many customization for every task and progress tracking is great.

Pros

Since i started using ClickUp with my team the workflow changed drastically. I like it very much the option where you can assign tasks to any member of the team and they can update you via ClickUp with the progress or any issues encountered.

Cons

No cons for Click from my point of view.

Rebacca F.

Staffing and Recruiting, 10,001+ employees

Tracking of projects is not difficult now

Overall experience is good with ClickUp. It is the tool that has given us comfort while managing the tasks and collaborating with our team on work. In my opinion, this must be the first choice if anyone is looking for the best project management tool.

Pros

ClickUp is providing effective services. I am impressed with its well-developed features. It has made it easy to organize and collaborate on any project. It helps us to track our project and its progress. Adding custom fields is also a great option available in this tool. This tool is easy to use and its user interface is quite user-friendly.

Cons

It is going fine, in the start I found visualizing multiple tasks a bit difficult but now I know everything and can use the tool perfectly. I have interacted with its customer support they are really helpful and solve every single issue in less time.

Luis L.

ClickUp Project Management Tool

Is a really amazing tool, and the best of it is not fully focused on developers like mostly of the most commons management tools such as Jira or Asana

Pros

The time tracking and the reporting services

Cons

To completly setup a project it can take more time that expected, compared to other management tools

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great for Monitoring.

Overall, it's good when they solve the mobile issue, it will be better.

Pros

I like the colorful design and how it incentivize us to use it more

Cons

I do face a lot of accessibility issues on mobile.

Lishi H.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

ClickUp is a very flexible product to use

Pros

Like most: Task and Project management Not so much: Calendar.

Cons

It needs some time to learn how to make the most of it.

Rudolf N.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Best of all for tasks and project management

Pros

I've tried them all, both the well-known project management tools and the newer ones, more document-oriented. ClickUp has the absolute best development team, listens to their community's voting platform and reveals new features every week. At the same time, their packages are reasonably priced, so affordable for many. We run a small real estate development company with ClickUp.

Cons

Their UI could be cleaner and their mobile app should be relaunched for sure. With their latest implementation of 'Automation' it looks very promising, and I hope they can keep up with the new players and make ClickUp more document oriented.

BT

Brandon T.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Flexible Tool That Has Allowed Us to Scale Our Project Management Capabilities

We turned to ClickUp because we were quickly outgrowing to-do lists with Trello. We found that ClickUp could do about 90% of what the competition could, but at one fifth of the cost. ClickUp has turned out to be an important collaboration and project tracking tool for us, and we feel confident that it can grow with us into the future.

Pros

* Numerous ways to customize the software to fit your workflow. * Great way to keep all resources needed for a project in one easy-to-access place * Allows a number of guests, which makes it easy to share resources with clients * LOTS of ways to view your projects and data * Multiple ways to access each function; each user can find their own way to access needed information * Daily work summaries * Good communication tool * System is smart enough to make guesses as to what you want to do--for example, if you paste multiple lines of text into a task name field, it will ask if you want to create multiple tasks

Cons

* System can be slow/laggy sometimes * Requires a bit of setup/customization. It can be done, but adds to the learning curve. * Needs a module to create bills/invoices from a template given tasks that are done (they say they've been working on this for a few years...) * Takes getting used to all the features and ways to display data

Alec S.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

ClickUp really is one application to replace them all!

I came to ClickUp after trialing several different project management options and was genuinely surprised at how easy and practical it was to setup. There is definitely a learning curve, but I found it to be user intuitive once I had the foundations covered. I have been able to successfully replace 5 other applications and enjoy significant cost savings in addition to the many other benefits of using one tool to run my entire firm. I find myself instinctively going to ClickUp upon needing to manage tasks and projects, it's the one tool I have open in a maximised window all day whilst I work.

Pros

I found ClickUp to offer every feature I needed in order to achieve my goal of replacing and consolidating several offerings into one. I can login to ClickUp and know that my entire law firm is accessible to me and I can check on one screen and have in front of me all of the tasks and information I need for the day.

Cons

I originally avoided ClickUp because I found the marketing and design of the application to be too casual and amateur. It seems the company has matured over the past few years and appears suitable for use in a traditional law firm environment.

Hey, Alec! We truly appreciate the time that you are taking to share details about your experience: the good, the bad, and the ugly! We can take it, we promise! It is unfortunate that our ads and marketing caused such a reaction. Please know that this is not our intention. Thanks so much for giving ClickUp a try! We understand that it can take some time to become familiar with all of our...

KJ

Katie J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Love ClickUp

I've been using ClickUP for 2+ years, and am very pleased with the product, and for the features included at a very reasonable price. I look forward to some autoamtion updates, but overall I'm so glad for this tool as my business hub.

Pros

ClickUp is the spot for all your business projects, project management, managing a remote team, etc. I have been able to grow and scale my business because of ClickUp.

Cons

Some of the automations have been clunky recently. Could use a few improvements there, along with the mobile app.

Julia Maria M.

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Versatile project management tool with many customization options

We use ClickUp as an internal project management tool to structure and distribute pending tasks. We also track time, monitor the status and progress of tasks, integrate relevant documents, plan to-dos, assign, report and communicate through ClickUp. The tool can really do a lot and has helped us structure processes better and work on projects more consistently and efficiently. I also like to use it to plan and structure my tasks and feel I have a good overview of everything. The advantage is quite clear that project-related communication is done centrally. Then, the creation of a task list is not so tedious, because it can be done relatively quickly by assigning times. A task list is then automatically created from this - collaboration is now easier!

Pros

With ClickUp, you have quite a few functions in one place and you can use the tool in various ways. Whether it's project management, time tracking, archiving, document management, content planning, or briefings, ClickUp is really extensive and you can work in teams on different to-dos, assign tasks, enter times and deadlines, and so on. This way you can also see who is working on what and how busy the team is. ClickUp can be designed quite individually and I don't think you have to be tech-savvy to find your way around the tool. While there are a lot of features, nothing is really complicated. You can display different views, create to-do's as recurring, create dummy cards or even entire projects as templates, and much more.

Cons

Since there are so many functions, in my opinion, setting up the tool is quite time-consuming and complex. Sometimes things get lost and are not so easy to find again. It is better to be aware in advance of how you want to work with the tool and how it should be structured because it will grow quickly and become independent.

Hey, there! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all! Have an amazing and productive day!

AG

Anastacia G.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

ClickUp Works!

Overall ClickUp is the one-stop shop for all things related to task, time, and project management. Our company doesn't have to go out and get a tool for time management in addition to project management. Nope, everything is all bundled into one large system and it makes it so much easier to become familiar with.

Pros

I love that this tool offers so very many solutions for my company's needs. From employee time tracking to task management to project communication, the platform is terrific! It enables everyone from upper management to entry-level to be held accountable for the overall workflow and success of our clients. ClickUp has so many features that you can get a little lost in the shuffle but it gives the peace of mind that it'll do whatever you need it to so long as you spend a little time in the system setting it up the way you need it.

Cons

It can be a little too easy to get lost if you use a lot of features and boards as our company does. This is why we designated specific individuals to be in charge of the management of that department/ area of service within the ClickUp management system.

Hey, Anastacia! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all! Have an amazing and productive day!

AP

Amit P.

Information Services, self-employed

Think of a feature you would wish and ClickUp already have it. and it's improving all the time...

This tool has helped both the project manager and developers to better time tracking and get sprint timing lot more accurate.

Pros

Time tracking, ability to work on tasks through calendar, code highlights in tasks, team assignments, modern UI and continuous improvement through regular updates and introduction of new features.

Cons

So far we have not come across any requirements that ClickUp falls short of. Some new users finds the learning curve bit time consuming but personally, that is rare as most users gets cracking straight away.

Hey there! Thanks so much for the amazing 5 star review! ���� We really appreciate the time you took to share your feedback and we're beyond thrilled that you are happy with the platform. That truly makes our day! ☀️

Kelly M B.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Excellent when monitoring projects with our work team

Since switching to ClickUp, we've been able to record our internal procedures and processes within the software itself. One of the most useful features is the ability to attach relevant files and webpages to a specific project, list, or folder. Team members can keep their conversations related to a certain job or project using the chat function.

Pros

ClickUp enables teams to stay in sync by facilitating collaboration on a single activity where all participants can see each other's contributions, comments, and status updates.

Cons

When staff are involved in many projects at once, as well as having schedules that involve repeated activities, it can be difficult to keep everyone on the same page with regard to their own agendas. As a result, the project manager will appreciate the added flexibility of calendar management.

Hey Kelly! Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate the feedback! ���� We're also available to help anytime! Please feel free to contact us at help@clickup.com if you'd like workflow suggestions that may help you manage your staff and multiple projects. ����

MA

Melanie A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

The Name Says it All

Pros

I not only recommend this to clients as a consultant, I actually use it for managing my own projects. I really love having an all in one solution for managing tasks that allowed for some creativity and versatility. Click up has a great deal of functionality and features, some of which I’m still learning to master so while it can seem overwhelming, they make work flow processes far less daunting. Customer service has been great the few time’s I’ve had issues. Love the integrations available but need to master use.

Cons

The learning curve is a bit more steep if you desire to maximize functionality/use. I have yet to use all of the functions but of what I have used, there isn’t much I don’t like. Learning to manage notifications was key because of the frequency but overall no complaints.

Moses Lookman k.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

The only task management tool you'll ever need

Overall, I've had a really positive experience with ClickUp. It's been a very useful tool for me, and I've been able to customize it to fit my needs. I also like that it's constantly being updated with new features and improvements. It's clear that the team behind ClickUp is working hard to make it the best tool it can be.

Pros

I love how intuitive and easy to use ClickUp is. The user interface is very clean and simple, and there are a lot of great features that make it easy to organize and manage tasks. I also like that there are different views, such as Kanban boards, Gantt charts, and lists, so you can choose the view that works best for you. And I really appreciate the ability to customize the interface to suit my needs.

Cons

There are a few areas where ClickUp could improve. One is the search function. It's not always as intuitive as it could be, and sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error to find what you're looking for. Another area that could be improved is the mobile app - while it's functional, it's not quite as user-friendly as the web version. And lastly, the reporting features could be a bit more robust.

JP

James P.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Robust, fully customizable project management tool

My overall experience has been fantastic. ClickUp has been a great tool that did exactly the things that I wanted. I want to view each project by it's Kanban Board, but then view each day's tasks in a list. ClickUp does that. I have totally different status flows for Marketing Projects than I do for Design Projects, and another totally different status flow for Print Production. ClickUp let's me...

Pros

My Quick Rundown of Pros - Very Robust System. Has tons of functionality - Fully Customizable. With a bit of tweaking it becomes your own custom project management software. - Great Customer Service. Very responsive with tons of help to get everything customized just for you. - Keep Adding New Features. What was already a robust system keeps getting new tools and features. - High Quality Free Version....

Cons

The best thing about ClickUp, full customization, is also it's Achilles Heel. There is a lot of stuff to customize and set up in order to get the software really running optimally. You can do just a simple Done/Not Done set up, but that seems like kind of a waste considering the options you have available. All that set up takes time and a lot of tweaking and adjusting even after everything is set up.

Rick P.

Design, 1-10 employees

Innovative project/task management software with plenty of power, even in the free tier

I'm impressed overall although I'm not sure I'm going to switch from Todoist. Having task dependencies is pretty tempting though. Definitely anyone looking for a task/project management for teams should look very closely at Clickup. If any of your team has aging eyes, however, trust me they're going to protest.

Pros

I have to say I'm impressed with so much power being offered for small teams for free: Things like email notifications, a slick Android/iOS app, dependencies for tasks (almost never free), file attachments for tasks (ditto), integrations (Todoist and Slack are the two I checked out), generous allocation of projects. This is a thoughtfully designed app for teams with enterprise-level features for everyone. At...

Cons

The tagline for the app is One app to replace them all and the strain of accomplishing that shows in the webapp's complex UI. Don't get me wrong, the devs have done an impressive job with basic onboarding, in general, and with cramming so many features on-screen. However there were times I either felt lost or wondered about the various spaces and panes that weren't being used. I kept finding features...

Angel R.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Suitable for teams that need to ensure assignments are done on time.

ClickUp encourages teamwork so that, in case of a difficulty, we can request a consultation without holding meetings or sending dozens of emails. We can monitor project operations with ClickUp. We can evaluate activity status and make decisions to solve difficulties.

Pros

ClickUp's simplicity, beautiful user panel, and convenience of use persuaded us to use it in our project management, especially for handling activities and projects that require rigorous follow-up and attention to detail. One of the best ClickUp strategies is customizing the project database so all team members can develop and edit workflow diagrams together. I enjoy that ClickUp provides us with superb...

Cons

As for the cons, I didn't test many because ClickUp is intuitive and easy-to-use and tackles many project management concerns quickly, including communication among team members, updating tasks, and extracting reports covering all project modifications. ClickUp can't follow large projects with multiple layers of WBS and thousands of activities, which is the sole downside. ClickUp is wonderful for small projects with few tasks.

Netanya L.

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

Unlock productivity with a powerful and super easy to use tool

I can describe my experience with ClickUp as superb and worthwhile since it has helped me tons on matters,managing my rotations. This has had a profound impact on my productivity and overall quality of services I deliver to my clients as a vet.

Pros

I have greatly benefitted from the impeccable technical support I get from it's team and the available tutorials that has helped me cruise through ClickUp and maximize on it's use. Rather than that it is an use tool that has helped us manage our rotations, projects and other tasks from planning stages, initialization to completions and every infor on tasks and projects is consolidated on a single dashboard...

Cons

To be honest there is not even a single I dislike about ClickUp. It has been my all in one tool to manage my tasks and work well with my teammates.

Niklas W.

Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 employees

ClickUp is easy to use to manage projects and tasks.

Assignments are more overseen and connected presently and it's simple to report and make records, I'm doing tickets more habitually presently and it unraveled the issue of overseeing arbitrary errand records and announcing them, I work on different ventures at once, all moderately comparable to each other but all with diverse due dates and prerequisites and person follow-ups. I would never keep in...

Pros

Clickup is a highly quick and responsive application that includes all important functionality such as linking tickets and maintaining links, task with subtask and to-do list, and clear and rapid alerts. I honestly would not survive two minutes at work if ClickUp was not keeping track of all my duties and acting as my brain, remembering what I need to work on, what my deadlines are, where to obtain information, all the minor specific intricacies of each job area, and a thousand other things.

Cons

The disadvantage of ClickUp is that it takes a significant amount of time to understand best practices, how to configure the system, and how to adapt your business and work style to the ClickUp system. My workplace firewall restricts edit ticket sections due to socket connection or I do not know what the issue is, but it has to be addressed in such circumstances, and ticket numbering is rather arbitrary, which might be improved.